|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mclean's mother calls her to remind her to pack ____________________.
(a) A swimsuit.
(b) Paperback books.
(c) A tennis racket.
2. What is Mclean's mother doing when Mclean sees her on TV?
(c) Making a phone call.
3. What does Mclean discover about her mother during the week they spend at the beach?
(a) Her mother never really loved her.
(b) Her mother really is still her mother.
(c) Her mother is pregnant again.
(d) Her mother regrets leaving her father.
4. What does Mclean feel about living in Lakeview?
(a) She is finally home for the first time in years.
(b) She is a prisoner.
(c) It is pleasant but boring.
(d) She can't wait to leave.
5. Who is Mclean's little stepsister?
6. Mclean learns that home isn't actually a specific location, it is ________________________.
(a) A joke.
(b) A state of mind.
(c) A fairy tale.
(d) Being with people you love.
7. What usually happens before Mclean and her father leave a place?
(a) They donate things to charity.
(b) Gus buys a new car.
(c) He gets into a relationship.
(d) They paint their house.
8. Where is Gus being transferred for his job?
(a) New York.
9. What does Mclean do as she waits for a person to arrive at the hotel?
(a) Looks through her belongings.
(b) Watches TV.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Orders a pizza.
10. Deb has a real gift for ____________________.
11. Whom does Gus begin to date?
12. The quilt that Mclean's mother had made for her was made with _____________________.
(d) Mclean's baby clothes.
13. Why is Gus pleased about the inclement weather?
(a) It will delay Chuckles at the airport.
(b) Mclean will get a day off school.
(c) Gus can go to work later.
(d) People will linger in the restaurant.
14. What does Mclean learn about why David never showed up at the hotel?
(a) He ran out of gas.
(b) His car broke down.
(c) He got lost.
(d) He got grounded.
15. What does Mclean do with her stepsister and stepbrother while her mother unloads the car at the beach house?
(a) Feeds them supper.
(b) Takes them to the water.
(c) Tucks them in bed.
(d) Gives them a bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean learn about the prep cook at the restaurant?
2. What are Mclean's plans for Spring Break?
3. What are David and his father doing when Mclean goes outside?
4. What is the name of the hotel Mclean stays in after she leaves the beach house?
5. Who/What is Mclean researching at the library in Chapter 11?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)