|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of the Luna Blu restaurant by now?
(a) It has closed.
(b) It has radically changed.
(c) It is not doing well.
(d) It has improved slightly.
2. What does Mclean discover about her mother during the week they spend at the beach?
(a) Her mother really is still her mother.
(b) Her mother is pregnant again.
(c) Her mother regrets leaving her father.
(d) Her mother never really loved her.
3. When Mclean hears her father yelling in the restaurant, she knows that ___________________.
(a) He can't get his car to start.
(b) He is firing somebody.
(c) He is angry at her.
(d) He has burned himself.
4. Mclean's mother calls her to remind her to pack ____________________.
(a) A tennis racket.
(c) A swimsuit.
(d) Paperback books.
5. What is Mclean's mother doing when Mclean sees her on TV?
(c) Making a phone call.
6. Who is Mclean very happy to see at the restaurant?
7. What does Mclean do as she waits for a person to arrive at the hotel?
(a) Orders a pizza.
(b) Looks through her belongings.
(c) Watches TV.
(d) Takes a nap.
8. Whom has Mclean defended all through the book?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
9. What does Mclean learn about the prep cook at the restaurant?
(a) He once attended Harvard.
(b) He has five kids.
(c) He used to be a jockey.
(d) He can sing opera.
10. What does Mclean not have for the beach vacation?
(a) Tanning cream.
(b) A floppy hat.
(c) Surf board.
(d) A swimsuit.
11. Why is Gus pleased about the inclement weather?
(a) It will delay Chuckles at the airport.
(b) Mclean will get a day off school.
(c) Gus can go to work later.
(d) People will linger in the restaurant.
12. What does Mclean feel about living in Lakeview?
(a) She is a prisoner.
(b) She is finally home for the first time in years.
(c) She can't wait to leave.
(d) It is pleasant but boring.
13. How did Mclean's parents know where she was when she left the beach house?
(a) Her mother's friend saw her check in at the hotel.
(b) Mclean called her father.
(c) David told her father.
(d) She texted her father.
14. Who invites a group of kids to her home for dinner?
15. How much money do David and his friends have now for their trip?
(a) Over $1,000.
(c) About $750.
(d) Nearly $2,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mclean become defensive of Opal with her father?
2. Who is with her father when Mclean returns home?
3. What flusters Opal in the restaurant?
4. Mclean learns that her friends have discovered her ____________________ on a social networking site.
5. What are Opal and the other restaurant workers talking about in Chapter 12?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)