|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mclean packing to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) The new house.
(b) The beach.
(d) The mountains.
2. What are Mclean's plans for Spring Break?
(a) She is staying home.
(b) She is going to Florida with Deb.
(c) She is going to Texas with David.
(d) She is going to the beach with her mother.
3. Who does Gus tell Mclean that he is trying to avoid?
4. What is Chuckles' mood when he shows up at Mclean's house?
(d) Very excited.
5. What had Mclean's parents not realized about her?
(a) She is in love with David.
(b) She is thinking of changing majors.
(c) She has had a lot of stress since their divorce.
(d) She wants to live with her mother.
6. When will Mclean and Gus be leaving for his new job?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 5 weeks.
7. What does Mclean tell David about regarding life in a restaurant?
(a) The free food she gets.
(b) The difficulties of being an owner.
(c) How she has to wash dishes all the time.
(d) She hates waiting tables.
8. What does Mclean offer to do if her mother will drop the legal action?
(a) Go to the beach house with her.
(b) Visit an expensive college.
(c) Agree to call Peter her father.
(d) Spend more time with her every week.
9. What does Mclean learn about the prep cook at the restaurant?
(a) He has five kids.
(b) He used to be a jockey.
(c) He once attended Harvard.
(d) He can sing opera.
10. What impresses Mclean most about the dinner?
(a) The exotic food.
(b) The table settings.
(c) The family interactions.
(d) The music.
11. Why does Mclean's mother call her in Chapter 9?
(a) To ask about her Christmas list.
(b) To ask how Gus is feeling.
(c) To invite her to go shopping.
(d) To get her to come to a party.
12. Where do Mclean and her mother stay on their beach vacation?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A bed and breakfast.
(c) A houseboat.
(d) A mansion on the water.
13. What does Mclean do when she thinks that her mother doesn't really want her at the beach house?
(a) Calls her father to come get her.
(b) Takes a bus back home.
(c) Drives away in her old car.
(d) Confronts her mother.
14. Mclean learns that her friends have discovered her ____________________ on a social networking site.
(a) Birthday photos.
(d) Other identities.
15. What does Mclean's mother's friend bring to the house for Mclean?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mclean call when she is distraught at the hotel?
2. Who is Mclean's little stepsister?
3. Whom does Gus begin to date?
4. How much money do David and his friends have now for their trip?
5. When Mclean hears her father yelling in the restaurant, she knows that ___________________.
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)