|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Mclean and Gus be leaving for his new job?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 5 weeks.
2. What impresses Mclean most about the dinner?
(a) The table settings.
(b) The family interactions.
(c) The music.
(d) The exotic food.
3. What is Katherine's response when Mclean confronts her for the choices she has made?
(a) Katherine knows she has made mistakes.
(b) Mclean can't place all the blame on her mother.
(c) Mclean needs to grow up.
(d) Katherine tells her that she is being a brat.
4. What does Mclean do with Deb and David when school lets out early?
(a) Hangs out at David's house.
(b) Goes sledding.
(c) Goes to the museum.
(d) Works on the model.
5. What does Mclean promise Deb she will do before she leaves?
(a) To say goodbye.
(b) To go to dinner with her.
(c) To turn in her term paper.
(d) To teach her how to make a souffle.
6. Where can David not go since he is grounded?
(c) New York.
7. What game does Mclean play with David?
(c) Trivial Pursuit.
8. Deb has a real gift for ____________________.
9. Who is Mclean's little stepbrother?
10. What is the name of the hotel Mclean stays in after she leaves the beach house?
(a) Tide's Inn.
(c) Sand and Surf.
11. Whom does Gus begin to date?
12. What do the students want to include on the model?
(a) People and stoplights.
(b) People and animals.
(c) Road signs and store signs.
(d) Road signs and animals.
13. What does Mclean's father tell her when she comes home from school one day?
(a) He has been fired from his job.
(b) Her mother wants to re-work the custody agreement.
(c) They are moving again.
(d) He is going to marry Opal.
14. When Mclean hears her father yelling in the restaurant, she knows that ___________________.
(a) He is firing somebody.
(b) He has burned himself.
(c) He can't get his car to start.
(d) He is angry at her.
15. How does Mclean get to school in Chapter 9?
(a) She walks.
(b) She rides her bike.
(c) She rides the school bus.
(d) David drives her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Mclean's parents not realized about her?
2. Who does Gus tell Mclean that he is trying to avoid?
3. David tells Mclean the story behind his ________________.
4. What are Opal and the other restaurant workers talking about in Chapter 12?
5. Chuckles makes many different references to ________________.
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)