|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chuckles' mood when he shows up at Mclean's house?
(b) Very excited.
2. Who is Mclean's little stepsister?
3. Chuckles makes many different references to ________________.
(a) New cars.
4. Whom does Mclean run into at the library?
5. Where will Mclean be going instead of going to Hawaii?
6. The quilt that Mclean's mother had made for her was made with _____________________.
(b) Mclean's baby clothes.
7. What does Mclean discover about her mother during the week they spend at the beach?
(a) Her mother never really loved her.
(b) Her mother really is still her mother.
(c) Her mother is pregnant again.
(d) Her mother regrets leaving her father.
8. Mclean learns that home isn't actually a specific location, it is ________________________.
(a) A state of mind.
(b) A fairy tale.
(c) A joke.
(d) Being with people you love.
9. Why is Gus pleased about the inclement weather?
(a) It will delay Chuckles at the airport.
(b) People will linger in the restaurant.
(c) Gus can go to work later.
(d) Mclean will get a day off school.
10. What does Mclean promise Deb she will do before she leaves?
(a) To go to dinner with her.
(b) To turn in her term paper.
(c) To say goodbye.
(d) To teach her how to make a souffle.
11. Mclean learns that her friends have discovered her ____________________ on a social networking site.
(b) Birthday photos.
(d) Other identities.
12. Deb has a real gift for ____________________.
13. Where does Mclean go when she wants to think?
(a) An oak tree.
(b) Her room.
(c) The cellar.
14. What does Mclean tell David about regarding life in a restaurant?
(a) She hates waiting tables.
(b) The free food she gets.
(c) The difficulties of being an owner.
(d) How she has to wash dishes all the time.
15. Who accompanies Mclean and her mother on their beach vacation?
(b) Her twin siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who invites a group of kids to her home for dinner?
2. What flusters Opal in the restaurant?
3. How long have Mclean and her father now lived in Lakeview?
4. Who arrives at the hotel to talk with Mclean?
5. What does Mclean's mother's friend bring to the house for Mclean?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)