|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mclean go when she wants to think?
(a) The cellar.
(b) An oak tree.
(d) Her room.
2. What does Mclean do with her stepsister and stepbrother while her mother unloads the car at the beach house?
(a) Gives them a bath.
(b) Tucks them in bed.
(c) Takes them to the water.
(d) Feeds them supper.
3. Who invites a group of kids to her home for dinner?
4. What do the students want to include on the model?
(a) People and stoplights.
(b) People and animals.
(c) Road signs and store signs.
(d) Road signs and animals.
5. Whom does Mclean call when she is distraught at the hotel?
(d) Her father.
6. When will Mclean and Gus be leaving for his new job?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
7. Who accompanies Mclean and her mother on their beach vacation?
(a) Her twin siblings.
8. What does Mclean's mother's friend bring to the house for Mclean?
9. How long have Mclean and her father now lived in Lakeview?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Almost a year.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two months.
10. Where is Mclean packing to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) The mountains.
(c) The beach.
(d) The new house.
11. David tells Mclean the story behind his ________________.
12. The quilt that Mclean's mother had made for her was made with _____________________.
(b) Mclean's baby clothes.
13. What does Mclean discover about her mother during the week they spend at the beach?
(a) Her mother never really loved her.
(b) Her mother regrets leaving her father.
(c) Her mother is pregnant again.
(d) Her mother really is still her mother.
14. Chuckles makes many different references to ________________.
(d) New cars.
15. What does David ask Mclean to do?
(a) Be his girlfriend.
(b) Send him a postcard.
(c) Wax his car.
(d) Go to a party with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gus tell Mclean that he is trying to avoid?
2. What shop does Mclean enter after she walks to town?
3. Whom has Mclean defended all through the book?
4. What are Mclean's plans for Spring Break?
5. Who/What is Mclean researching at the library in Chapter 11?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)