|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mclean go when she wants to think?
(a) The cellar.
(b) Her room.
(d) An oak tree.
2. What does Mclean offer to do if her mother will drop the legal action?
(a) Visit an expensive college.
(b) Agree to call Peter her father.
(c) Spend more time with her every week.
(d) Go to the beach house with her.
3. Who asks Mclean what she is going to do since the restaurant is closing?
4. Who is Mclean very happy to see at the restaurant?
5. Mclean learns that her friends have discovered her ____________________ on a social networking site.
(a) Other identities.
(b) Birthday photos.
6. How much money do David and his friends have now for their trip?
(b) Over $1,000.
(c) Nearly $2,000.
(d) About $750.
7. Who is Mclean's little stepsister?
8. What are Opal and the other restaurant workers talking about in Chapter 12?
(a) Colors for decorating the second floor.
(b) Specials for today's lunch menu.
(c) How tired they are from working so much.
(d) Fresh produce available today.
9. Where will Mclean be going instead of going to Hawaii?
10. What does Mclean's father tell her when she comes home from school one day?
(a) He is going to marry Opal.
(b) He has been fired from his job.
(c) They are moving again.
(d) Her mother wants to re-work the custody agreement.
11. When Mclean hears her father yelling in the restaurant, she knows that ___________________.
(a) He can't get his car to start.
(b) He is firing somebody.
(c) He is angry at her.
(d) He has burned himself.
12. What does Mclean not have for the beach vacation?
(a) Surf board.
(b) Tanning cream.
(c) A swimsuit.
(d) A floppy hat.
13. Why does Mclean's mother call her in Chapter 9?
(a) To ask about her Christmas list.
(b) To invite her to go shopping.
(c) To get her to come to a party.
(d) To ask how Gus is feeling.
14. What does Mclean tell David about regarding life in a restaurant?
(a) She hates waiting tables.
(b) The difficulties of being an owner.
(c) How she has to wash dishes all the time.
(d) The free food she gets.
15. Who does Gus tell Mclean that he is trying to avoid?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mclean's mother doing when Mclean sees her on TV?
2. Mclean's mother calls her to remind her to pack ____________________.
3. What is Chuckles' mood when he shows up at Mclean's house?
4. What game does Mclean play with David?
5. Where do Mclean and her mother stay on their beach vacation?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)