|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flusters Opal in the restaurant?
(a) They have run out of the lunch special.
(b) She sees Lindsay and Gus holding hands.
(c) The dinner crowd is larger than expected.
(d) The prep cook has quit.
2. Where can David not go since he is grounded?
(d) New York.
3. What shop does Mclean enter after she walks to town?
4. Where does Mclean go when school lets out early?
(a) The movies.
(b) The bakery.
(c) The restaurant.
5. What are Mclean's plans for Spring Break?
(a) She is going to Texas with David.
(b) She is staying home.
(c) She is going to the beach with her mother.
(d) She is going to Florida with Deb.
6. What is Katherine's response when Mclean confronts her for the choices she has made?
(a) Mclean can't place all the blame on her mother.
(b) Mclean needs to grow up.
(c) Katherine knows she has made mistakes.
(d) Katherine tells her that she is being a brat.
7. What does Mclean tell David about regarding life in a restaurant?
(a) How she has to wash dishes all the time.
(b) The free food she gets.
(c) She hates waiting tables.
(d) The difficulties of being an owner.
8. What had Mclean's parents not realized about her?
(a) She is in love with David.
(b) She is thinking of changing majors.
(c) She wants to live with her mother.
(d) She has had a lot of stress since their divorce.
9. Where is Mclean packing to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) The new house.
(b) The beach.
(c) The mountains.
10. Where is Gus being transferred for his job?
(d) New York.
11. Why does Mclean's mother call her in Chapter 9?
(a) To ask about her Christmas list.
(b) To get her to come to a party.
(c) To invite her to go shopping.
(d) To ask how Gus is feeling.
12. What are Opal and the other restaurant workers talking about in Chapter 12?
(a) Specials for today's lunch menu.
(b) How tired they are from working so much.
(c) Colors for decorating the second floor.
(d) Fresh produce available today.
13. Who does Gus tell Mclean that he is trying to avoid?
14. What does Mclean learn about the prep cook at the restaurant?
(a) He can sing opera.
(b) He has five kids.
(c) He used to be a jockey.
(d) He once attended Harvard.
15. Deb has a real gift for ____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/What is Mclean researching at the library in Chapter 11?
2. Who invites a group of kids to her home for dinner?
3. What does David ask Mclean to do?
4. What does Mclean offer to do if her mother will drop the legal action?
5. What is David not allowed to eat in his house?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)