|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shop does Mclean enter after she walks to town?
2. Why does Mclean's mother call her in Chapter 9?
(a) To ask how Gus is feeling.
(b) To invite her to go shopping.
(c) To get her to come to a party.
(d) To ask about her Christmas list.
3. When Mclean hears her father yelling in the restaurant, she knows that ___________________.
(a) He can't get his car to start.
(b) He is angry at her.
(c) He has burned himself.
(d) He is firing somebody.
4. Who does Gus tell Mclean that he is trying to avoid?
5. Whom has Mclean defended all through the book?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
6. What is David not allowed to eat in his house?
(a) Raw cookie dough.
(c) Chocolate cake.
7. What does Mclean do with her stepsister and stepbrother while her mother unloads the car at the beach house?
(a) Gives them a bath.
(b) Takes them to the water.
(c) Feeds them supper.
(d) Tucks them in bed.
8. What had Mclean's parents not realized about her?
(a) She is in love with David.
(b) She wants to live with her mother.
(c) She has had a lot of stress since their divorce.
(d) She is thinking of changing majors.
9. What does Mclean not have for the beach vacation?
(a) A floppy hat.
(b) Tanning cream.
(c) A swimsuit.
(d) Surf board.
10. How does Mclean get to school in Chapter 9?
(a) She walks.
(b) She rides the school bus.
(c) David drives her.
(d) She rides her bike.
11. What does David ask Mclean to do?
(a) Go to a party with him.
(b) Send him a postcard.
(c) Be his girlfriend.
(d) Wax his car.
12. What does Mclean learn about the prep cook at the restaurant?
(a) He can sing opera.
(b) He once attended Harvard.
(c) He used to be a jockey.
(d) He has five kids.
13. When will Mclean and Gus be leaving for his new job?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 5 weeks.
14. What does Mclean's father tell her when she comes home from school one day?
(a) He has been fired from his job.
(b) Her mother wants to re-work the custody agreement.
(c) He is going to marry Opal.
(d) They are moving again.
15. Why does Mclean become defensive of Opal with her father?
(a) She thinks he is using Opal.
(b) She thinks he will hurt Opal.
(c) She thinks Opal has had a hard life.
(d) She wants Opal to be her stepmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Gus pleased about the inclement weather?
2. What does Mclean do when she thinks that her mother doesn't really want her at the beach house?
3. What do the students want to include on the model?
4. What are David and his father doing when Mclean goes outside?
5. Mclean learns that home isn't actually a specific location, it is ________________________.
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)