|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Mclean what she is going to do since the restaurant is closing?
2. Whom does Mclean run into at the library?
3. Where will Mclean be going instead of going to Hawaii?
4. What does Mclean offer to do if her mother will drop the legal action?
(a) Spend more time with her every week.
(b) Go to the beach house with her.
(c) Visit an expensive college.
(d) Agree to call Peter her father.
5. What does Mclean find at the beach house that surprises her?
(a) Her old car.
(b) Her baby pictures.
(c) Her surf board.
(d) Her first bike.
6. What is Katherine's response when Mclean confronts her for the choices she has made?
(a) Katherine tells her that she is being a brat.
(b) Katherine knows she has made mistakes.
(c) Mclean can't place all the blame on her mother.
(d) Mclean needs to grow up.
7. Who is Mclean very happy to see at the restaurant?
8. What does Mclean tell David that she is having for dinner?
(b) Meat Loaf.
(d) Pork chops.
9. What does Mclean promise Deb she will do before she leaves?
(a) To turn in her term paper.
(b) To say goodbye.
(c) To go to dinner with her.
(d) To teach her how to make a souffle.
10. The quilt that Mclean's mother had made for her was made with _____________________.
(b) Mclean's baby clothes.
11. Where does Mclean go when school lets out early?
(b) The movies.
(c) The restaurant.
(d) The bakery.
12. Who arrives at the hotel to talk with Mclean?
(b) Her parents.
13. How did Mclean's parents know where she was when she left the beach house?
(a) Her mother's friend saw her check in at the hotel.
(b) She texted her father.
(c) David told her father.
(d) Mclean called her father.
14. Mclean learns that home isn't actually a specific location, it is ________________________.
(a) A state of mind.
(b) A joke.
(c) Being with people you love.
(d) A fairy tale.
15. What does Mclean discover about her mother during the week they spend at the beach?
(a) Her mother never really loved her.
(b) Her mother regrets leaving her father.
(c) Her mother is pregnant again.
(d) Her mother really is still her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean feel about living in Lakeview?
2. Who is with her father when Mclean returns home?
3. What does David ask Mclean to do?
4. Whom does Gus begin to date?
5. What are David and his father doing when Mclean goes outside?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)