|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mclean's mother's friend bring to the house for Mclean?
2. Who is Mclean's little stepbrother?
3. Chuckles makes many different references to ________________.
(b) New cars.
4. Who does Gus tell Mclean that he is trying to avoid?
5. Where is Mclean packing to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(b) The new house.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The beach.
6. Who asks Mclean what she is going to do since the restaurant is closing?
7. When will Mclean and Gus be leaving for his new job?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 2 weeks.
8. Where can David not go since he is grounded?
(c) New York.
9. David tells Mclean the story behind his ________________.
10. What is Katherine's response when Mclean confronts her for the choices she has made?
(a) Katherine knows she has made mistakes.
(b) Mclean can't place all the blame on her mother.
(c) Mclean needs to grow up.
(d) Katherine tells her that she is being a brat.
11. Where does Mclean go when school lets out early?
(b) The movies.
(c) The bakery.
(d) The restaurant.
12. Who accompanies Mclean and her mother on their beach vacation?
(b) Her twin siblings.
13. What does Mclean not have for the beach vacation?
(a) Surf board.
(b) A swimsuit.
(c) Tanning cream.
(d) A floppy hat.
14. Who/What is Mclean researching at the library in Chapter 11?
(b) Town history.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
15. What does Mclean offer to do if her mother will drop the legal action?
(a) Spend more time with her every week.
(b) Agree to call Peter her father.
(c) Go to the beach house with her.
(d) Visit an expensive college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mclean's little stepsister?
2. Why does Mclean's mother call her in Chapter 9?
3. What shop does Mclean enter after she walks to town?
4. What had Mclean's parents not realized about her?
5. When Mclean hears her father yelling in the restaurant, she knows that ___________________.
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)