|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mclean run into at the library?
2. What surprising weather conditions does Mclean wake up to in Chapter 9?
3. What is David not allowed to eat in his house?
(c) Raw cookie dough.
(d) Chocolate cake.
4. What does Mclean's mother's friend bring to the house for Mclean?
5. What game does Mclean play with David?
(b) Trivial Pursuit.
6. Where do Mclean and her mother stay on their beach vacation?
(a) A bed and breakfast.
(b) A houseboat.
(c) A mansion on the water.
(d) A hotel.
7. How does Mclean get to school in Chapter 9?
(a) She rides the school bus.
(b) She walks.
(c) She rides her bike.
(d) David drives her.
8. David tells Mclean the story behind his ________________.
9. What flusters Opal in the restaurant?
(a) They have run out of the lunch special.
(b) She sees Lindsay and Gus holding hands.
(c) The prep cook has quit.
(d) The dinner crowd is larger than expected.
10. What does Mclean tell David about regarding life in a restaurant?
(a) The difficulties of being an owner.
(b) How she has to wash dishes all the time.
(c) She hates waiting tables.
(d) The free food she gets.
11. What does Mclean do with Deb and David when school lets out early?
(a) Hangs out at David's house.
(b) Works on the model.
(c) Goes sledding.
(d) Goes to the museum.
12. What does Mclean learn about why David never showed up at the hotel?
(a) His car broke down.
(b) He got lost.
(c) He got grounded.
(d) He ran out of gas.
13. What do the students want to include on the model?
(a) Road signs and store signs.
(b) People and stoplights.
(c) Road signs and animals.
(d) People and animals.
14. What does Mclean feel about living in Lakeview?
(a) It is pleasant but boring.
(b) She can't wait to leave.
(c) She is a prisoner.
(d) She is finally home for the first time in years.
15. What does Mclean tell David that she is having for dinner?
(a) Pork chops.
(c) Meat Loaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mclean go when school lets out early?
2. How did Mclean's parents know where she was when she left the beach house?
3. Who/What is Mclean researching at the library in Chapter 11?
4. What are Opal and the other restaurant workers talking about in Chapter 12?
5. What is Katherine's response when Mclean confronts her for the choices she has made?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)