|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mclean learn about the prep cook at the restaurant?
(a) He can sing opera.
(b) He once attended Harvard.
(c) He used to be a jockey.
(d) He has five kids.
2. Chuckles makes many different references to ________________.
(b) New cars.
3. What surprising weather conditions does Mclean wake up to in Chapter 9?
4. What does David ask Mclean to do?
(a) Be his girlfriend.
(b) Go to a party with him.
(c) Wax his car.
(d) Send him a postcard.
5. Where can David not go since he is grounded?
(a) New York.
6. What does Mclean do with Deb and David when school lets out early?
(a) Goes to the museum.
(b) Hangs out at David's house.
(c) Works on the model.
(d) Goes sledding.
7. How does Mclean get to school in Chapter 9?
(a) She rides her bike.
(b) She walks.
(c) David drives her.
(d) She rides the school bus.
8. What is Chuckles' mood when he shows up at Mclean's house?
(b) Very excited.
9. What does Mclean do with her stepsister and stepbrother while her mother unloads the car at the beach house?
(a) Gives them a bath.
(b) Tucks them in bed.
(c) Takes them to the water.
(d) Feeds them supper.
10. Mclean's mother calls her to remind her to pack ____________________.
(a) Paperback books.
(b) A swimsuit.
(c) A tennis racket.
11. What is the state of the Luna Blu restaurant by now?
(a) It is not doing well.
(b) It has improved slightly.
(c) It has closed.
(d) It has radically changed.
12. Mclean learns that her friends have discovered her ____________________ on a social networking site.
(b) Birthday photos.
(c) Other identities.
13. Who/What is Mclean researching at the library in Chapter 11?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) Town history.
14. When Mclean hears her father yelling in the restaurant, she knows that ___________________.
(a) He can't get his car to start.
(b) He is angry at her.
(c) He is firing somebody.
(d) He has burned himself.
15. What does Mclean do when she thinks that her mother doesn't really want her at the beach house?
(a) Drives away in her old car.
(b) Confronts her mother.
(c) Calls her father to come get her.
(d) Takes a bus back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean learn about why David never showed up at the hotel?
2. What flusters Opal in the restaurant?
3. What usually happens before Mclean and her father leave a place?
4. What does Mclean's mother's friend bring to the house for Mclean?
5. Who is with her father when Mclean returns home?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)