|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Mclean call when she is distraught at the hotel?
(b) Her father.
2. What does Mclean offer to do if her mother will drop the legal action?
(a) Agree to call Peter her father.
(b) Spend more time with her every week.
(c) Go to the beach house with her.
(d) Visit an expensive college.
3. What does Mclean promise Deb she will do before she leaves?
(a) To teach her how to make a souffle.
(b) To go to dinner with her.
(c) To turn in her term paper.
(d) To say goodbye.
4. What impresses Mclean most about the dinner?
(a) The music.
(b) The family interactions.
(c) The table settings.
(d) The exotic food.
5. When Mclean hears her father yelling in the restaurant, she knows that ___________________.
(a) He is firing somebody.
(b) He is angry at her.
(c) He can't get his car to start.
(d) He has burned himself.
6. What does Mclean's father tell her when she comes home from school one day?
(a) He is going to marry Opal.
(b) They are moving again.
(c) Her mother wants to re-work the custody agreement.
(d) He has been fired from his job.
7. Who arrives at the hotel to talk with Mclean?
(d) Her parents.
8. Where do Mclean and her mother stay on their beach vacation?
(a) A bed and breakfast.
(b) A mansion on the water.
(c) A houseboat.
(d) A hotel.
9. What surprising weather conditions does Mclean wake up to in Chapter 9?
10. Whom does Gus begin to date?
11. What usually happens before Mclean and her father leave a place?
(a) Gus buys a new car.
(b) They paint their house.
(c) They donate things to charity.
(d) He gets into a relationship.
12. What is Chuckles' mood when he shows up at Mclean's house?
(d) Very excited.
13. What does Mclean find at the beach house that surprises her?
(a) Her old car.
(b) Her first bike.
(c) Her surf board.
(d) Her baby pictures.
14. Whom has Mclean defended all through the book?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
15. What does Mclean discover about her mother during the week they spend at the beach?
(a) Her mother really is still her mother.
(b) Her mother regrets leaving her father.
(c) Her mother never really loved her.
(d) Her mother is pregnant again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the students want to include on the model?
2. Mclean's mother calls her to remind her to pack ____________________.
3. What does Mclean learn about the prep cook at the restaurant?
4. Who invites a group of kids to her home for dinner?
5. Where is Mclean packing to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)