|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mclean and her mother stay on their beach vacation?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A mansion on the water.
(c) A bed and breakfast.
(d) A houseboat.
2. What flusters Opal in the restaurant?
(a) The prep cook has quit.
(b) She sees Lindsay and Gus holding hands.
(c) The dinner crowd is larger than expected.
(d) They have run out of the lunch special.
3. What does Mclean's mother's friend bring to the house for Mclean?
4. Why does Mclean's mother call her in Chapter 9?
(a) To ask how Gus is feeling.
(b) To get her to come to a party.
(c) To ask about her Christmas list.
(d) To invite her to go shopping.
5. What does Mclean do when she thinks that her mother doesn't really want her at the beach house?
(a) Confronts her mother.
(b) Takes a bus back home.
(c) Drives away in her old car.
(d) Calls her father to come get her.
6. Whom does Mclean call when she is distraught at the hotel?
(b) Her father.
7. What does Mclean find at the beach house that surprises her?
(a) Her baby pictures.
(b) Her old car.
(c) Her surf board.
(d) Her first bike.
8. What does Mclean do with Deb and David when school lets out early?
(a) Goes to the museum.
(b) Works on the model.
(c) Goes sledding.
(d) Hangs out at David's house.
9. Chuckles makes many different references to ________________.
(d) New cars.
10. The quilt that Mclean's mother had made for her was made with _____________________.
(a) Mclean's baby clothes.
11. When will Mclean and Gus be leaving for his new job?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 5 weeks.
12. How did Mclean's parents know where she was when she left the beach house?
(a) Mclean called her father.
(b) Her mother's friend saw her check in at the hotel.
(c) She texted her father.
(d) David told her father.
13. How much money do David and his friends have now for their trip?
(a) About $750.
(b) Nearly $2,000.
(d) Over $1,000.
14. What does Mclean learn about the prep cook at the restaurant?
(a) He can sing opera.
(b) He once attended Harvard.
(c) He used to be a jockey.
(d) He has five kids.
15. What are Opal and the other restaurant workers talking about in Chapter 12?
(a) Specials for today's lunch menu.
(b) How tired they are from working so much.
(c) Colors for decorating the second floor.
(d) Fresh produce available today.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel Mclean stays in after she leaves the beach house?
2. Where can David not go since he is grounded?
3. David tells Mclean the story behind his ________________.
4. Who accompanies Mclean and her mother on their beach vacation?
5. When Mclean hears her father yelling in the restaurant, she knows that ___________________.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)