|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mclean learns that her mother had not been talking about her at the beach house, but rather about _______________.
(a) A dress she wanted to return.
(b) Her lawyer's advice.
(c) A fight she had with her husband.
(d) A party she didn't want to have.
2. Mclean's mother calls her to remind her to pack ____________________.
(a) A tennis racket.
(b) A swimsuit.
(c) Paperback books.
3. Where does Mclean go when she wants to think?
(a) The cellar.
(b) Her room.
(d) An oak tree.
4. What surprising weather conditions does Mclean wake up to in Chapter 9?
5. Where will Mclean be going instead of going to Hawaii?
6. What impresses Mclean most about the dinner?
(a) The exotic food.
(b) The music.
(c) The family interactions.
(d) The table settings.
7. Who is Mclean's little stepbrother?
8. When will Mclean and Gus be leaving for his new job?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
9. What shop does Mclean enter after she walks to town?
10. What are David and his father doing when Mclean goes outside?
(a) Playing pitch and catch.
(b) Painting the fence.
(c) Practicing putting.
(d) Cleaning out the garage.
11. Whom does Mclean run into at the library?
12. Who invites a group of kids to her home for dinner?
13. Who accompanies Mclean and her mother on their beach vacation?
(c) Her twin siblings.
14. Who/What is Mclean researching at the library in Chapter 11?
(b) Town history.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) The Civil War.
15. Mclean learns that her friends have discovered her ____________________ on a social networking site.
(b) Other identities.
(c) Birthday photos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean learn about the prep cook at the restaurant?
2. Whom does Mclean call when she is distraught at the hotel?
3. What does Mclean do with her stepsister and stepbrother while her mother unloads the car at the beach house?
4. Where is Mclean packing to go at the beginning of Chapter 13?
5. What does Mclean promise Deb she will do before she leaves?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)