|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mclean learns that home isn't actually a specific location, it is ________________________.
(a) Being with people you love.
(b) A fairy tale.
(c) A state of mind.
(d) A joke.
2. Why does Mclean become defensive of Opal with her father?
(a) She wants Opal to be her stepmother.
(b) She thinks Opal has had a hard life.
(c) She thinks he is using Opal.
(d) She thinks he will hurt Opal.
3. Where does Mclean go when she wants to think?
(a) The cellar.
(b) Her room.
(c) An oak tree.
4. Who accompanies Mclean and her mother on their beach vacation?
(b) Her twin siblings.
5. What is Chuckles' mood when he shows up at Mclean's house?
(a) Very excited.
6. The quilt that Mclean's mother had made for her was made with _____________________.
(d) Mclean's baby clothes.
7. Where can David not go since he is grounded?
(b) New York.
8. What are David and his father doing when Mclean goes outside?
(a) Painting the fence.
(b) Playing pitch and catch.
(c) Cleaning out the garage.
(d) Practicing putting.
9. Whom does Mclean call when she is distraught at the hotel?
(c) Her father.
10. David tells Mclean the story behind his ________________.
11. Where is Gus being transferred for his job?
(d) New York.
12. What surprising weather conditions does Mclean wake up to in Chapter 9?
13. What usually happens before Mclean and her father leave a place?
(a) They paint their house.
(b) They donate things to charity.
(c) Gus buys a new car.
(d) He gets into a relationship.
14. Whom does Gus begin to date?
15. Whom does Mclean run into at the library?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean discover about her mother during the week they spend at the beach?
2. Whom has Mclean defended all through the book?
3. What are Opal and the other restaurant workers talking about in Chapter 12?
4. What is Katherine's response when Mclean confronts her for the choices she has made?
5. What does Mclean tell David that she is having for dinner?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)