|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Gus pleased about the inclement weather?
(a) Gus can go to work later.
(b) It will delay Chuckles at the airport.
(c) People will linger in the restaurant.
(d) Mclean will get a day off school.
2. Who accompanies Mclean and her mother on their beach vacation?
(b) Her twin siblings.
3. What does Mclean feel about living in Lakeview?
(a) She can't wait to leave.
(b) She is a prisoner.
(c) She is finally home for the first time in years.
(d) It is pleasant but boring.
4. Who is Mclean's little stepbrother?
5. Who does Gus tell Mclean that he is trying to avoid?
6. Who is Mclean's little stepsister?
7. Whom has Mclean defended all through the book?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
8. What does Mclean's father tell her when she comes home from school one day?
(a) They are moving again.
(b) He is going to marry Opal.
(c) He has been fired from his job.
(d) Her mother wants to re-work the custody agreement.
9. What is Mclean's mother doing when Mclean sees her on TV?
(d) Making a phone call.
10. What is David not allowed to eat in his house?
(b) Chocolate cake.
(c) Raw cookie dough.
11. What are David and his father doing when Mclean goes outside?
(a) Cleaning out the garage.
(b) Painting the fence.
(c) Practicing putting.
(d) Playing pitch and catch.
12. What are Opal and the other restaurant workers talking about in Chapter 12?
(a) Fresh produce available today.
(b) How tired they are from working so much.
(c) Colors for decorating the second floor.
(d) Specials for today's lunch menu.
13. What is Chuckles' mood when he shows up at Mclean's house?
(a) Very excited.
14. Who asks Mclean what she is going to do since the restaurant is closing?
15. What does Mclean offer to do if her mother will drop the legal action?
(a) Spend more time with her every week.
(b) Go to the beach house with her.
(c) Agree to call Peter her father.
(d) Visit an expensive college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Gus begin to date?
2. Where do Mclean and her mother stay on their beach vacation?
3. Where does Mclean go when school lets out early?
4. Why does Mclean's mother call her in Chapter 9?
5. Whom does Mclean run into at the library?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)