|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mclean's stepfather contact her via computer?
(a) To ask her to dinner.
(b) To offer to take her shopping for school clothes.
(c) To offer free tickets to her and some friends.
(d) To ask her to meet her mother at a game.
2. Who drives Mclean to the hospital when her father is injured?
3. Which of the following is NOT something that upsets Mclean's mother about Mclean's life?
(a) She had to leave school to get insurance papers.
(b) She has to act as a caretaker to her father.
(c) She is always traveling around.
(d) She is not going steady with a boy.
4. In how many towns has Mclean lived in two years?
5. Who is Lindsay?
(a) The town's Councilwoman.
(b) Dave's sister.
(c) Mclean's cousin.
(d) The owner of the restaurant.
6. What do Dave and his friend ask Mclean to do?
(a) Go to a baseball game.
(b) Go to a concert.
(c) Play basketball.
(d) Go for ice cream.
7. Why does a reporter take pictures of Mclean, David and some other kids?
(a) They are organizing a clothing drive.
(b) They are operating the Toys for Tots Christmas event.
(c) They are working on the model.
(d) They are on the Honor Roll this semester.
8. What is Mclean's last name?
9. What is Jason, the restaurant's short order cook, very good at doing?
(a) Singing opera.
(b) Cooking a steak.
(c) Crossword puzzles.
(d) Driving a racecar.
10. Who is Mclean's mother?
(c) Mary Ann.
11. When Mclean sits and analyzes the sky, what does she recall?
(a) A drawing she did as a child.
(b) Stargazing with her mother.
(c) A Van Gogh painting.
(d) A poem she once read.
12. Dave tells Mclean that he had had enough credits to go to college after which grade?
13. Who is visiting her father when Mclean returns home from school in Chapter 8?
(b) Mclean's mother.
14. Where does Dave work?
(a) A grocery.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A fast food restaurant.
(d) A gas station.
15. Why is David in jeopardy of losing his vacation trip with his friends?
(a) His grades have slipped.
(b) He drank beer at a party.
(c) He won't look for a job.
(d) He wrecked the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mclean do all the cooking for her and her father?
2. With what was Mclean obsessed when she was younger?
3. What sound awakens Mclean at the beginning of Chapter 5?.
4. What does Mclean do when she wakes in the night and realizes a party is going on next door?
5. Who is Opal?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)