|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dave tells Mclean that his parents are ________________.
2. What sound awakens Mclean at the beginning of Chapter 5?.
(a) An alarm clock.
(b) A siren.
(c) People playing basketball
(d) The television.
3. Who is Mclean's father?
4. In what year of school is Mclean?
5. This book is written from the perspective of whom?
(b) Mclean's mother.
(d) Mr. Sweet.
6. How many beers did Dave have at his party?
7. Why does a reporter take pictures of Mclean, David and some other kids?
(a) They are organizing a clothing drive.
(b) They are on the Honor Roll this semester.
(c) They are working on the model.
(d) They are operating the Toys for Tots Christmas event.
8. What does Mclean's mother try to persuade her to do when she calls?
(a) Go to a movie with her.
(b) Go to the beach house with her.
(c) Go to church with her.
(d) Go shopping with her.
9. Opal agrees to put together a model of the town in exchange for what?
(a) Use of a parking lot for the restaurant.
(b) Complimentary accounting services.
(c) An oil change for her car.
(d) Free newspaper advertising.
10. What did Mclean and her mother buy when they went on beach vacations before the divorce?
(b) Flip flops.
(c) Big hats.
11. Who is Mclean's father's boss?
12. Whom does Mclean invite to go to the basketball game with her?
13. Why does Mclean do all the cooking for her and her father?
(a) Her father is a chef and doesn't want to cook at home.
(b) Her father cannot cook anything.
(c) She wants to train to be a chef.
(d) She is tired of eating fast food.
14. Who is the boy who saves Mclean from the police at the neighbor's party?
15. Who is required to put together Opal's model of the city?
(a) A group of teens for a class project.
(b) A group of teens doing community service.
(c) A group from the retirement community.
(d) A group of women from the garden club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lindsay?
2. In how many towns has Mclean lived in two years?
3. Who is Opal's nemesis?
4. What does David bring to Mclean on the evening after she injured herself at school?
5. What does Mclean learn about Dave?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)