|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Dave and his friends plan to go on a trip?
(b) New York.
2. What does David bring to Mclean on the evening after she injured herself at school?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) Homework assignments.
(c) A DVD.
(d) Hot soup.
3. How is Mclean injured at school on Monday morning?
(a) She slammed her locker on her hand.
(b) She spilled chemicals in chemistry class.
(c) She fells down a staircase.
(d) She hurt herself by pulling a mirror off her locker door.
4. What business did Mclean's parents have early in their marriage?
(b) Pet grooming.
5. What had Mclean's mother given to her when she moved out?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) A photo album.
(c) A cookbook.
(d) A baby quilt.
6. What does Mclean do when she wakes in the night and realizes a party is going on next door?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She joins the party.
(c) She sits and dreams about going to a party.
(d) She asks the neighbors to be quiet.
7. Why is Mclean hesitant about going to the game with her mother?
(a) She knows her mother will lecture her.
(b) She feels she is betraying her father.
(c) She is not feeling well.
(d) She has a lot of homework to do.
8. What sound awakens Mclean at the beginning of Chapter 5?.
(a) A siren.
(b) An alarm clock.
(c) The television.
(d) People playing basketball
9. Which of the following is NOT a name that Mclean has used in different schools she has attended?
10. What community service project is Dave working on?
(a) Painting lines on highways.
(b) The model.
(c) Washing trucks.
(d) Neighborhood trash pick-up.
11. Why does Mclean's stepfather contact her via computer?
(a) To ask her to meet her mother at a game.
(b) To offer free tickets to her and some friends.
(c) To offer to take her shopping for school clothes.
(d) To ask her to dinner.
12. What does Mclean need to get at the house before going to the hospital?
(a) Cell phone.
(b) An insurance card.
(c) A robe.
(d) A laptop.
13. What appears unexpectedly in the kitchen when Mclean is there?
(a) A golf ball.
(b) A model airplane.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A basketball.
14. How many beers did Dave have at his party?
15. What is the name of Mclean's new high school?
(a) Lakeview High.
(b) George Washington High.
(c) Lincoln Heights High.
(d) Jackson High.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Mclean use when introducing herself to Opal?
2. Who is Opal?
3. Who is the person sitting in Mclean's house when she first arrives there?
4. Dave tells Mclean that he had had enough credits to go to college after which grade?
5. Who calls the house looking for Mclean's father?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)