|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What appears unexpectedly in the kitchen when Mclean is there?
(a) A model airplane.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A golf ball.
(d) A basketball.
2. What sound awakens Mclean at the beginning of Chapter 5?.
(a) A siren.
(b) An alarm clock.
(c) The television.
(d) People playing basketball
3. Who helps Mclean when she is injured at school?
4. Who is Mclean's father?
5. What item does Deb comment on at Mclean's house?
(a) A TV.
(b) A quilt.
(c) A plant
(d) A chair.
6. Why is David in jeopardy of losing his vacation trip with his friends?
(a) He won't look for a job.
(b) He wrecked the car.
(c) His grades have slipped.
(d) He drank beer at a party.
7. What name does Mclean use when introducing herself to Opal?
8. Which of the following is NOT a name that Mclean has used in different schools she has attended?
9. Why does Mclean tell Riley that she doesn't make friends?
(a) She doesn't want to get hurt.
(b) She is a loner.
(c) She moves so much.
(d) She is so shy.
10. This book is written from the perspective of whom?
(c) Mclean's mother.
(d) Mr. Sweet.
11. Who is the basketball player Mclean's mother fell in love with?
(a) Peter Hamilton.
(b) Jake Meyers.
(c) Hoops Mclean.
(d) Max Jenkins.
12. What is the name of Mclean's new high school?
(a) Lakeview High.
(b) Lincoln Heights High.
(c) Jackson High.
(d) George Washington High.
13. Who is required to put together Opal's model of the city?
(a) A group from the retirement community.
(b) A group of teens for a class project.
(c) A group of women from the garden club.
(d) A group of teens doing community service.
14. At what times does Mclean usually miss her mother?
(a) When she is cooking.
(b) When she is falling asleep.
(c) When she is doing homework.
(d) When she is shopping.
15. Who is the person sitting in Mclean's house when she first arrives there?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean learn about Dave?
2. What does Mclean's mother try to persuade her to do when she calls?
3. Where had Mclean's parents first met?
4. Why is Mclean hesitant about going to the game with her mother?
5. What is Mclean's last name?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)