|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In how many towns has Mclean lived in two years?
2. Who is the boy who saves Mclean from the police at the neighbor's party?
3. Why does Mclean tell Riley that she doesn't make friends?
(a) She moves so much.
(b) She doesn't want to get hurt.
(c) She is so shy.
(d) She is a loner.
4. Whom does Mclean invite to go to the basketball game with her?
5. What is one story circulating at school about Mclean's injury?
(a) She spent a night in jail.
(b) She was hit as a result of jealousy in a love triangle.
(c) She crashed her car.
(d) She slammed the car door on her hand.
6. Why is Mclean hesitant about going to the game with her mother?
(a) She has a lot of homework to do.
(b) She knows her mother will lecture her.
(c) She feels she is betraying her father.
(d) She is not feeling well.
7. Dave tells Mclean that he had had enough credits to go to college after which grade?
8. Mclean feels that ________________ ruined basketball for her.
(a) Her foot injury.
(b) Traveling around.
(d) Her father.
9. What is Mclean's last name?
10. Where does Dave work?
(a) A fast food restaurant.
(b) A grocery.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A gas station.
11. What appears unexpectedly in the kitchen when Mclean is there?
(a) A squirrel.
(b) A model airplane.
(c) A golf ball.
(d) A basketball.
12. Where had Mclean's parents first met?
(a) At a museum.
(b) At the beach.
(c) At college.
(d) At church.
13. How does Mclean meet Deb?
(a) Her locker is next to Mclean's.
(b) They are both trying out for cheerleading.
(c) She is partnered with her in Biology class.
(d) She introduces herself to Mclean in the cafeteria.
14. Which of the following is NOT a name that Mclean has used in different schools she has attended?
15. Why is Mclean unsettled when she sees her mother at the game?
(a) She is sitting all alone in the hallway.
(b) She is wearing expensive clothing.
(c) She seems to be a bit tipsy.
(d) She is hugging a strange man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Deb comment on at Mclean's house?
2. What had Mclean's mother given to her when she moved out?
3. Why does Mclean do all the cooking for her and her father?
4. What did Mclean and her mother buy when they went on beach vacations before the divorce?
5. What does Mclean learn about Dave?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)