|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mclean feels that ________________ ruined basketball for her.
(b) Traveling around.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her foot injury.
2. Why is Mclean unsettled when she sees her mother at the game?
(a) She seems to be a bit tipsy.
(b) She is sitting all alone in the hallway.
(c) She is hugging a strange man.
(d) She is wearing expensive clothing.
3. Who is Mclean's father?
4. How does Mclean meet Deb?
(a) She introduces herself to Mclean in the cafeteria.
(b) Her locker is next to Mclean's.
(c) She is partnered with her in Biology class.
(d) They are both trying out for cheerleading.
5. Who is the basketball player Mclean's mother fell in love with?
(a) Peter Hamilton.
(b) Max Jenkins.
(c) Hoops Mclean.
(d) Jake Meyers.
6. What business did Mclean's parents have early in their marriage?
(c) Pet grooming.
7. What is Jason, the restaurant's short order cook, very good at doing?
(a) Driving a racecar.
(b) Singing opera.
(c) Cooking a steak.
(d) Crossword puzzles.
8. Why does Mclean's stepfather contact her via computer?
(a) To offer to take her shopping for school clothes.
(b) To ask her to dinner.
(c) To ask her to meet her mother at a game.
(d) To offer free tickets to her and some friends.
9. In what year of school is Mclean?
10. What does Mclean learn about Dave?
(a) He is a genius.
(b) He is a star quarterback.
(c) He is the senior class president.
(d) He is mentally delayed.
11. Dave tells Mclean that his parents are ________________.
12. Riley tells Mclean that Dave is interested in whom?
13. Why does Mclean do all the cooking for her and her father?
(a) She wants to train to be a chef.
(b) Her father cannot cook anything.
(c) Her father is a chef and doesn't want to cook at home.
(d) She is tired of eating fast food.
14. What is one story circulating at school about Mclean's injury?
(a) She was hit as a result of jealousy in a love triangle.
(b) She spent a night in jail.
(c) She slammed the car door on her hand.
(d) She crashed her car.
15. Who is visiting her father when Mclean returns home from school in Chapter 8?
(c) Mclean's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the boy who saves Mclean from the police at the neighbor's party?
2. Who is Mclean's father's boss?
3. What had Mclean's mother given to her when she moved out?
4. What does David bring to Mclean on the evening after she injured herself at school?
5. At what times does Mclean usually miss her mother?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)