|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mclean realizes that Deb is considered a/an ______________ by the other students.
(b) Beauty queen.
2. What does Mclean's mother try to persuade her to do when she calls?
(a) Go to the beach house with her.
(b) Go to church with her.
(c) Go shopping with her.
(d) Go to a movie with her.
3. What do Dave and his friend ask Mclean to do?
(a) Play basketball.
(b) Go to a baseball game.
(c) Go for ice cream.
(d) Go to a concert.
4. Who is Mclean's father's boss?
5. Why is Mclean hesitant about going to the game with her mother?
(a) She feels she is betraying her father.
(b) She knows her mother will lecture her.
(c) She has a lot of homework to do.
(d) She is not feeling well.
6. What is Mclean's last name?
7. What does Mclean learn about Dave?
(a) He is a genius.
(b) He is mentally delayed.
(c) He is a star quarterback.
(d) He is the senior class president.
8. Where does Dave work?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A fast food restaurant.
(c) A grocery.
(d) A bakery.
9. Dave tells Mclean that he had had enough credits to go to college after which grade?
10. What community service project is Dave working on?
(a) Neighborhood trash pick-up.
(b) The model.
(c) Washing trucks.
(d) Painting lines on highways.
11. What does Mclean need to get at the house before going to the hospital?
(a) Cell phone.
(b) A laptop.
(c) A robe.
(d) An insurance card.
12. What is the name of Mclean's new high school?
(a) George Washington High.
(b) Lincoln Heights High.
(c) Jackson High.
(d) Lakeview High.
13. Which of the following is NOT a name that Mclean has used in different schools she has attended?
14. What is one story circulating at school about Mclean's injury?
(a) She slammed the car door on her hand.
(b) She crashed her car.
(c) She spent a night in jail.
(d) She was hit as a result of jealousy in a love triangle.
15. Why does Mclean tell Riley that she doesn't make friends?
(a) She is so shy.
(b) She is a loner.
(c) She doesn't want to get hurt.
(d) She moves so much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mclean and her mother buy when they went on beach vacations before the divorce?
2. How does Mclean meet Deb?
3. Why does a reporter take pictures of Mclean, David and some other kids?
4. Who is the person sitting in Mclean's house when she first arrives there?
5. What item does Deb comment on at Mclean's house?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)