|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that upsets Mclean's mother about Mclean's life?
(a) She had to leave school to get insurance papers.
(b) She is not going steady with a boy.
(c) She is always traveling around.
(d) She has to act as a caretaker to her father.
2. Who is Lindsay?
(a) Dave's sister.
(b) The owner of the restaurant.
(c) Mclean's cousin.
(d) The town's Councilwoman.
3. Who tries to contact Mclean when she is on the computer?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her ex-boyfriend.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her teacher.
4. What name does Mclean use when introducing herself to Opal?
5. How does Mclean meet Deb?
(a) They are both trying out for cheerleading.
(b) Her locker is next to Mclean's.
(c) She introduces herself to Mclean in the cafeteria.
(d) She is partnered with her in Biology class.
6. In what year of school is Mclean?
7. What does Mclean need to get at the house before going to the hospital?
(a) Cell phone.
(b) A laptop.
(c) An insurance card.
(d) A robe.
8. What is Mclean's father's job?
(a) Restaurant consultant.
(c) Car salesman.
9. Where had Mclean's parents first met?
(a) At a museum.
(b) At church.
(c) At the beach.
(d) At college.
10. Why is David in jeopardy of losing his vacation trip with his friends?
(a) He wrecked the car.
(b) He won't look for a job.
(c) His grades have slipped.
(d) He drank beer at a party.
11. Which of the girls spends time at Dave's house?
12. What had Mclean's mother given to her when she moved out?
(a) A wedding dress.
(b) A photo album.
(c) A cookbook.
(d) A baby quilt.
13. Who is the boy who saves Mclean from the police at the neighbor's party?
14. Why does Mclean's stepfather contact her via computer?
(a) To offer to take her shopping for school clothes.
(b) To ask her to dinner.
(c) To offer free tickets to her and some friends.
(d) To ask her to meet her mother at a game.
15. What does David bring to Mclean on the evening after she injured herself at school?
(a) Homework assignments.
(b) Hot soup.
(c) A DVD.
(d) Ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mclean's mother try to persuade her to do when she calls?
2. How is Mclean injured at school on Monday morning?
3. What community service project is Dave working on?
4. Who drives Mclean to the hospital when her father is injured?
5. Who is Mclean's father's boss?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)