|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mclean's mother call her in Chapter 9?
(a) To ask how Gus is feeling.
(b) To invite her to go shopping.
(c) To ask about her Christmas list.
(d) To get her to come to a party.
2. Who/What is Mclean researching at the library in Chapter 11?
(b) The Civil War.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Town history.
3. What does Mclean do with her stepsister and stepbrother while her mother unloads the car at the beach house?
(a) Feeds them supper.
(b) Takes them to the water.
(c) Tucks them in bed.
(d) Gives them a bath.
4. How many waitresses are at the restaurant when it is about to open in Chapter 18?
5. What are David and his father doing when Mclean goes outside?
(a) Painting the fence.
(b) Playing pitch and catch.
(c) Cleaning out the garage.
(d) Practicing putting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave tells Mclean that he had had enough credits to go to college after which grade?
2. What does David bring to Mclean on the evening after she injured herself at school?
3. Whom had David told about Mclean being at the Poseidon that night?
4. What does Mclean's father tell her when she comes home from school one day?
5. What decision does Mclean's mother make in Chapter 18?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)