|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Ann from making a connection with Chris?
2. How does Chris react to Ann's death?
3. Through whom is Ann's punishment meted?
4. How man years are typically spent in afterlife before the rebirth process?
5. What puzzles Chris after Ginger's attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Chris and Albert continue walking deeper into the Lower Realms?
2. What could Ann have done differently on Earth following the death of Chris which would have not resulted in her being where she is?
3. How does Chris use gratitude to help his frame of mind and to reach out again to Ann?
4. What do you think it means when Chris says he is realizing there is so much more than what the limited human mind can conceive?
5. What happens to those who commit suicide?
6. How does Chris react to the knowledge of Ann's suicide?
7. What happens to Chris when he is tricked by a gang of men in the Lower Realm?
8. What is the process of incarnation/reincarnation that souls go through?
9. How does Chris have a third vision of Ann and what is the significance of the vision?
10. Do you think what Chris is describing is what you would imagine Hell to be like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are three settings in this novel: Earth, Summerland and the Lower Realms. Discuss one of the following:
1. Compare/contrast Summerland to Earth.
2. Compare/contrast Summerland to the Lower Realms.
3. Compare/contrast the Lower Realms to Earth.
Essay Topic 2
Often someone who is dying will suddenly die when a loved one has left the room momentarily. Many believe that the grief of the loved one holds the person there and it is only when that loved one is out of the room that the person "slips away." Discuss the following:
1. Do you believe either negative or positive emotions of a loved one can hinder a person from dying? Explain fully.
2. Do you believe either negative or positive emotions of a dying person can hinder the person from letting go and dying? Explain fully.
3. How do you think is the most positive way a loved one can act when holding a bedside vigil of a dying person?
4. Do you think Ann acted in ways that made it easy for Chris to leave his body?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 9, Albert explains that thoughts are real. Discuss the following:
1. How do both Chris and Ann manifest their thoughts/emotions in Summerland and the Lower Realms?
2. If you believed thoughts are real and through your thoughts you created what you have here on Earth, would you do things differently than you do now?
3. How would you control your negative thoughts so as not to produce unwanted manifestations?
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)