|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to one's memories after reincarnation?
2. What does Ian believe?
3. What keeps Ann from making a connection with Chris?
4. How does Ann's house appear to Chris as he approaches it?
5. Why does Ginger growl at Chris?
Essay Topic 1
In Albert's home, Chris notices the screenplays he wrote while in the physical on Earth. Chris regrets that his screenplays were not of a less violent or horrific nature. Discuss the following:
1. If Chris had wanted to write different screen plays while on Earth, then he probably would have. What do you think kept him from doing so?
2. If life is meant to be experienced fully, what is wrong with Chris' screenplays exploring themes of life as it is on Earth in reality?
3. If one strives to create heaven on earth, then why have two separate planes of existence?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 5, Ann agrees to a sÃ©ance with Perry. It starts out find, but then ends badly. Discuss one of the following:
1. Describe and then analyze the entire sÃ©ance scene.
2. Discuss the paranormal, particularly mediumship and give your response to the subject.
3. How do you think things would have changed for Ann if she had seen Chris and believed he still existed somewhere? Discuss thoroughly with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Chris is introduced to the Hall of Literature, a perfect library where they can talk without disturbing anyone. Works of literature and art are present in their most perfect form. As Leona explains it, the original Chris sees is the true form, the concept in the mind of the artist, pure and eternal. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think Leona means when she says the original Chris sees is the true form, the concept in the mind of the artist, pure and eternal?
2. If art on Earth is a mere imitation of the same art in Summerland (or Heaven), why should one even try to produce art on Earth? Discuss with examples.
3. Chris desires to write new, uplifting screen plays. Will his work while he is in Summerland be in its most perfect form? What would be the challenge in writing it if that is so?
This section contains 1,975 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)