|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the crater they encounter?
2. What does Chris next ask Ann to try to make a connection?
3. For what details about Ann's husband does Chris ask?
4. As the atmosphere worsens, what happens to Chris' thoughts and behavior?
5. For whom does Ann cry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe Ann's home in Hell.
2. Do you think what Chris is describing is what you would imagine Hell to be like?
3. How does Chris decide where and with whom to reincarnate?
4. Has Albert ever been in the Lower Realms?
5. How does Chris react to the knowledge of Ann's suicide?
6. Describe the first meeting between Chris and Ann.
7. What crosses in front of Chris on the driveway of Ann's home in Hell and what might be the symbolism of the scene?
8. How does Chris next try to make a connection and what is the result?
9. What does Albert say about Hell?
10. Where is Chris at the opening to Chapter 36 and what has he accomplished?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ann commits suicide and thus ends up in the Lower Realms, which represent Hell. Discuss the following:
1. Why do you think suicide causes people to go to hell? Does that seem loving?
2. Do you think it is God or the person him/herself that causes the person to end up in Hell?
3. What do you think should happen to people who commit suicide?
Essay Topic 2
Chris learns that everyone has a "job" in Summerland, usually of their own choice. Discuss the following:
1. What is Albert's job and how does he carry it out?
2. What does Chris think he will do for a job? Do you think he makes a good choice? Why or why not?
3. If you were in Summerland and had to choose a job, what would it be and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of redemption.
2. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of relationships.
3. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of spirituality.
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)