|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Ann still refuse to believe?
2. About what is Albert adamant?
3. What does Albert insist Chris learn about reincarnation?
4. What happens if a child is born dead?
5. What type of emotional atmosphere is there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 1, Chris separates from his body and his life flashes before his eyes in reverse from 1974 to 1927 in a blur of images. Then, later in Chapter 4, Chris has a comprehensive review of his life and actions, this time slowly and with great clarity. Discuss the following:
What do you think is the purpose of Chris' life flashing past his mind in Chapter 1?
What do you think is the purpose of the comprehensive review in Chapter 4?
Who judges Chris' life? Do you think this is a good way to conduct and after-death judgment?
What judgment is rendered about Chris' life?
Essay Topic 2
Chris learns that Albert keeps track of certain family members who have died; that families do not have the same ties in Summerland as they do on earth. Discuss the following:
1. How does Chris react when he learns that relationships in Summerland (Heaven) are similar as on Earth?
2. Do you think relationships would be different from or similar to the way one's relationships are on Earth (assume for the moment that there is life after death, even if you do not believe it)?
3. Even though relationships in Summerland are similar to that on Earth, do you think Chris could change the relationship with his father if Chris wanted to? What about if the father is unwilling?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
Compare/contrast Chris to Albert.
Thoroughly analyze Ann's character and discuss why you think she ends up in the lower realms.
Discuss four of the minor characters and how they contribute to the story. Could they be left out without impacting the story overly much?
This section contains 1,963 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)