Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to one's memories after reincarnation?
2. What does Ian believe?
3. What keeps Ann from making a connection with Chris?
4. How does Ann's house appear to Chris as he approaches it?
5. Why does Ginger growl at Chris?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 9, Albert explains that thoughts are real. Discuss the following:
1. How do both Chris and Ann manifest their thoughts/emotions in Summerland and the Lower Realms?
2. If you believed thoughts are real and through your thoughts you created what you have here on Earth, would you do things differently than you do now?
3. How would you control your negative thoughts so as not to produce unwanted manifestations?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 1, Chris separates from his body and his life flashes before his eyes in reverse from 1974 to 1927 in a blur of images. Then, later in Chapter 4, Chris has a comprehensive review of his life and actions, this time slowly and with great clarity. Discuss the following:
What do you think is the purpose of Chris' life flashing past his mind in Chapter 1?
What do you think is the purpose of the comprehensive review in Chapter 4?
Who judges Chris' life? Do you think this is a good way to conduct and after-death judgment?
What judgment is rendered about Chris' life?
Essay Topic 3
Symbols and metaphors are usually present in most fiction, particularly one that has both a message and is set in imaginary worlds. Discuss one of the following:
1. Why do you think a novel set in imaginary worlds would rely upon symbolism and metaphors? Give examples to support your rationale.
2. Trace and analyze three of the most significant symbols in the novel.
3. Trace and analyze two of the most significant metaphors in the novel.
This section contains 1,975 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)