|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ann tells Chris the answer to his last question, what does Chris do?
2. What type of emotional atmosphere is there?
3. What does it feel like as Chris and Albert enter another sphere?
4. What happens when a soul obtains perfection?
5. What does Chris say about his Aunt Vera and Uncle Eddy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What crosses in front of Chris on the driveway of Ann's home in Hell and what might be the symbolism of the scene?
2. What happens to those who commit suicide?
3. What does Chris do to try to make a connection with Ann and what is her response?
4. How does Chris decide where and with whom to reincarnate?
5. What happens to Chris when he is tricked by a gang of men in the Lower Realm?
6. Who does Chris see in Summerland and what is the outcome? Do you think it seems likely?
7. What does Albert say about Hell?
8. What is the process of incarnation/reincarnation that souls go through?
9. What is the result of Chris having a grateful attitude?
10. What do you think it means when Chris says he is realizing there is so much more than what the limited human mind can conceive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the first couple chapters, it is obvious to the reader that Chris has died, yet Chris has not yet realized this fact. Discuss the following:
What are some of the clues that should relay to Chris the fact that he is dead?
Why do you think Chris gets angry at the voice that tells him not to fight dying?
Why do you think he ignores those clues?
What does Chris believe about himself in Chapters 1 and 2? Is there any basis for this belief?
Essay Topic 2
There is still a great deal of human frailty and foibles in Summerland. Summerland is a place where souls that dwell there must grow, face their problems and solve them, and must not see their reflections in mirrors for fear of losing heart at their imperfections. Discuss the following:
1. If the only way a soul can see its imperfections is in a mirror, which is why there are no mirrors, then how does a soul know what its imperfections are?
2. How can a mirror reflect spiritual imperfections? Do you think the implication is that the body one creates to "wear" in Summerland reflects one's spiritual imperfections?
3. How would you feel if when you looked into a mirror you not only saw your physical body (and its imperfections as you perceive them), but also saw your emotional/spiritual imperfections? Would you look in a mirror less or more than you do now?
Essay Topic 3
Many people believe that dogs and other animals can sense things beyond the five senses better than humans. Discuss the following:
1. How does Ginger behave towards Chris while she is still in the physical and Chris has died? Does her change in attitude from the first time Chris sees her and is welcomed to later seem logical?
2. How does Ginger behave towards Chris when she is in Summerland? Does this seem logical?
3. Katie, a dog that Chris and Ann had for many years, greets Chris in Summerland. Do you believe animals are in the spirit world? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,364 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)