|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the crater they encounter?
2. What creature do they see?
3. About what is Albert adamant?
4. Why is Chris angry?
5. What happens if a child is born dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chris decide where and with whom to reincarnate?
2. Briefly describe Ann's home in Hell.
3. What could Ann have done differently on Earth following the death of Chris which would have not resulted in her being where she is?
4. Can there be any type of communication between souls in Summerland and those on Earth?
5. Describe Albert and Chris' initial entry into the Lower Realms.
6. How does Chris use gratitude to help his frame of mind and to reach out again to Ann?
7. What is the result of Chris having a grateful attitude?
8. Where is Chris at the opening to Chapter 36 and what has he accomplished?
9. How does Chris have a third vision of Ann and what is the significance of the vision?
10. What does Albert say about Hell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the first couple chapters, it is obvious to the reader that Chris has died, yet Chris has not yet realized this fact. Discuss the following:
What are some of the clues that should relay to Chris the fact that he is dead?
Why do you think Chris gets angry at the voice that tells him not to fight dying?
Why do you think he ignores those clues?
What does Chris believe about himself in Chapters 1 and 2? Is there any basis for this belief?
Essay Topic 2
Chris learns that everyone has a "job" in Summerland, usually of their own choice. Discuss the following:
1. What is Albert's job and how does he carry it out?
2. What does Chris think he will do for a job? Do you think he makes a good choice? Why or why not?
3. If you were in Summerland and had to choose a job, what would it be and why?
Essay Topic 3
Chris learns that Albert keeps track of certain family members who have died; that families do not have the same ties in Summerland as they do on earth. Discuss the following:
1. How does Chris react when he learns that relationships in Summerland (Heaven) are similar as on Earth?
2. Do you think relationships would be different from or similar to the way one's relationships are on Earth (assume for the moment that there is life after death, even if you do not believe it)?
3. Even though relationships in Summerland are similar to that on Earth, do you think Chris could change the relationship with his father if Chris wanted to? What about if the father is unwilling?
This section contains 1,481 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)