Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to one's memories after reincarnation?
2. What does Ian believe?
3. What keeps Ann from making a connection with Chris?
4. How does Ann's house appear to Chris as he approaches it?
5. Why does Ginger growl at Chris?
Ann commits suicide and thus ends up in the Lower Realms, which represent Hell. Discuss the following:
1. Why do you think suicide causes people to go to hell? Does that seem loving?
2. Do you think it is God or the person him/herself that causes the person to end up in Hell?
3. What do you think should happen to people who commit suicide?
In Chapter 1, Chris separates from his body and his life flashes before his eyes in reverse from 1974 to 1927 in a blur of images. Then, later in Chapter 4, Chris has a comprehensive review of his life and actions, this time slowly and with great clarity. Discuss the following:
What do you think is the purpose of Chris' life flashing past his mind in Chapter 1?
What do you think is the purpose of the comprehensive review in Chapter 4?
Who judges Chris' life? Do you think this is a good way to conduct and after-death judgment?
What judgment is rendered about Chris' life?
There are three settings in this novel: Earth, Summerland and the Lower Realms. Discuss one of the following:
1. Compare/contrast Summerland to Earth.
2. Compare/contrast Summerland to the Lower Realms.
3. Compare/contrast the Lower Realms to Earth.
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)