|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Chris at the opening of Chapter 36?
2. In what does Ann still refuse to believe?
3. What does the interior of Ann's house reflect?
4. How does Chris react to Ann's death?
5. Who on Earth is able to handle communication with those in the spirit world?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chris react to the knowledge of Ann's suicide?
2. How does Chris have a third vision of Ann and what is the significance of the vision?
3. Describe the first meeting between Chris and Ann.
4. Once Chris decides he will reincarnate soon, what does he have to learn first?
5. What does Chris do to try to make a connection with Ann and what is her response?
6. What crosses in front of Chris on the driveway of Ann's home in Hell and what might be the symbolism of the scene?
7. What does Albert say about Hell?
8. What is the result of Chris having a grateful attitude?
9. How does Chris use gratitude to help his frame of mind and to reach out again to Ann?
10. What could Ann have done differently on Earth following the death of Chris which would have not resulted in her being where she is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is still a great deal of human frailty and foibles in Summerland. Summerland is a place where souls that dwell there must grow, face their problems and solve them, and must not see their reflections in mirrors for fear of losing heart at their imperfections. Discuss the following:
1. If the only way a soul can see its imperfections is in a mirror, which is why there are no mirrors, then how does a soul know what its imperfections are?
2. How can a mirror reflect spiritual imperfections? Do you think the implication is that the body one creates to "wear" in Summerland reflects one's spiritual imperfections?
3. How would you feel if when you looked into a mirror you not only saw your physical body (and its imperfections as you perceive them), but also saw your emotional/spiritual imperfections? Would you look in a mirror less or more than you do now?
Essay Topic 2
In Albert's home, Chris notices the screenplays he wrote while in the physical on Earth. Chris regrets that his screenplays were not of a less violent or horrific nature. Discuss the following:
1. If Chris had wanted to write different screen plays while on Earth, then he probably would have. What do you think kept him from doing so?
2. If life is meant to be experienced fully, what is wrong with Chris' screenplays exploring themes of life as it is on Earth in reality?
3. If one strives to create heaven on earth, then why have two separate planes of existence?
Essay Topic 3
When Chris finally lets go, he finds a feeling of peace. Discuss the following:
1. Why do you think letting go resulted in peace for Chris?
2. Do you think letting go and finding peace is a metaphor for some aspects of life?
3. How does Ann finally "let go"?
This section contains 1,431 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)