|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a person who commits suicide?
2. How does Chris feel while trying to connect with Ann?
3. How does Chris define heaven?
4. What happens if a child is born dead?
5. What is one realization Chris has in Summerland?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chris use gratitude to help his frame of mind and to reach out again to Ann?
2. Briefly describe Ann's home in Hell.
3. What happens to Chris when he is tricked by a gang of men in the Lower Realm?
4. Has Albert ever been in the Lower Realms?
5. What could Ann have done differently on Earth following the death of Chris which would have not resulted in her being where she is?
6. How does Chris decide where and with whom to reincarnate?
7. What does Chris do to try to make a connection with Ann and what is her response?
8. Describe Albert and Chris' initial entry into the Lower Realms.
9. What is the result of Chris having a grateful attitude?
10. Do you think what Chris is describing is what you would imagine Hell to be like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despite Chris' intense love for his wife, Ann, he is unable to make a connection with her while she is still in the physical plane and barely manages to get her to acknowledge his existence in the spirit world. Discuss the following:
1. There's a cliché that suggests that "love conquers all." What does love fail to conquer in the story and what does love conquer in the story?
2. Ann's refusal to feel Chris's connection seems to be motivated by her head, rather than heart. Do you think this is true? Why? Give examples.
3. In what other ways do you see the existence of love in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of redemption.
2. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of relationships.
3. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of spirituality.
Essay Topic 3
Many people believe that dogs and other animals can sense things beyond the five senses better than humans. Discuss the following:
1. How does Ginger behave towards Chris while she is still in the physical and Chris has died? Does her change in attitude from the first time Chris sees her and is welcomed to later seem logical?
2. How does Ginger behave towards Chris when she is in Summerland? Does this seem logical?
3. Katie, a dog that Chris and Ann had for many years, greets Chris in Summerland. Do you believe animals are in the spirit world? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,406 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)