|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who on Earth is able to handle communication with those in the spirit world?
2. What is Ann's response when Chris outright tells her that he is her husband?
3. What shapes a person's soul?
4. What is in the crater they encounter?
5. Why does Ginger growl at Chris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is ironic about Ann's response to Chris when he asks her about her husband?
2. How does Chris next try to make a connection and what is the result?
3. How does Chris decide where and with whom to reincarnate?
4. Has Albert ever been in the Lower Realms?
5. Briefly describe Ann's home in Hell.
6. How does Chris have a third vision of Ann and what is the significance of the vision?
7. What crosses in front of Chris on the driveway of Ann's home in Hell and what might be the symbolism of the scene?
8. What could Ann have done differently on Earth following the death of Chris which would have not resulted in her being where she is?
9. What does Chris do to try to make a connection with Ann and what is her response?
10. What is the result of Chris having a grateful attitude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chris learns that Albert keeps track of certain family members who have died; that families do not have the same ties in Summerland as they do on earth. Discuss the following:
1. How does Chris react when he learns that relationships in Summerland (Heaven) are similar as on Earth?
2. Do you think relationships would be different from or similar to the way one's relationships are on Earth (assume for the moment that there is life after death, even if you do not believe it)?
3. Even though relationships in Summerland are similar to that on Earth, do you think Chris could change the relationship with his father if Chris wanted to? What about if the father is unwilling?
Essay Topic 2
Despite Chris' intense love for his wife, Ann, he is unable to make a connection with her while she is still in the physical plane and barely manages to get her to acknowledge his existence in the spirit world. Discuss the following:
1. There's a cliché that suggests that "love conquers all." What does love fail to conquer in the story and what does love conquer in the story?
2. Ann's refusal to feel Chris's connection seems to be motivated by her head, rather than heart. Do you think this is true? Why? Give examples.
3. In what other ways do you see the existence of love in the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of redemption.
2. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of relationships.
3. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of spirituality.
This section contains 1,320 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)