|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is the clairvoyant supposed to give the manuscript?
2. How is a person's state of mind when s/he dies?
3. What does Chris do at the end of Chapter 2?
4. Who do Leona and Chris met?
5. What takes on a form that must be faced?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chris' experience in the hospital when his soul first leaves his body.
2. Why does Chris lie down at his home and does this make sense to you?
3. Give a one-sentence synopsis of WHAT DREAMS MAY COME.
4. What happens when Chris gets to his home? Why do you think he doesn't realize he is dead?
5. What does Perry do that keeps Chris from actually communicating any further and why do you think Perry does this?
6. What does Leona tell Chris of Albert's work and how does Chris react?
7. Why do you think Chris keeps staying around the Earth plane when it is so frustrating and sad to see Ann's grief?
8. What recollection of Chris' may foreshadow the future for Ann?
9. Who is the man who helped Chris finally make it to Summerland and what does Chris realize about life in Summerland?
10. What does Chris learn at the Office of Records and how does he react? Why do you think he reacts in such a way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 1, Chris separates from his body and his life flashes before his eyes in reverse from 1974 to 1927 in a blur of images. Then, later in Chapter 4, Chris has a comprehensive review of his life and actions, this time slowly and with great clarity. Discuss the following:
What do you think is the purpose of Chris' life flashing past his mind in Chapter 1?
What do you think is the purpose of the comprehensive review in Chapter 4?
Who judges Chris' life? Do you think this is a good way to conduct and after-death judgment?
What judgment is rendered about Chris' life?
Essay Topic 2
In the first couple chapters, it is obvious to the reader that Chris has died, yet Chris has not yet realized this fact. Discuss the following:
What are some of the clues that should relay to Chris the fact that he is dead?
Why do you think Chris gets angry at the voice that tells him not to fight dying?
Why do you think he ignores those clues?
What does Chris believe about himself in Chapters 1 and 2? Is there any basis for this belief?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 9, Albert explains that thoughts are real. Discuss the following:
1. How do both Chris and Ann manifest their thoughts/emotions in Summerland and the Lower Realms?
2. If you believed thoughts are real and through your thoughts you created what you have here on Earth, would you do things differently than you do now?
3. How would you control your negative thoughts so as not to produce unwanted manifestations?
This section contains 1,291 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)