Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does Chris visit?
2. To where does Chris follow Ann?
3. How can Albert help Chris?
4. Where does Chris awaken?
5. What raiment does Albert don?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first meeting between Chris and Ann.
2. What could Ann have done differently on Earth following the death of Chris which would have not resulted in her being where she is?
3. What do you think it means when Chris says he is realizing there is so much more than what the limited human mind can conceive?
4. What happens as Chris and Albert continue walking deeper into the Lower Realms?
5. What does Chris want to do at Summerland?
6. What does Chris do to try to make a connection with Ann and what is her response?
7. Once Chris decides he will reincarnate soon, what does he have to learn first?
8. What is the frame in which Chris' story is written?
9. Who does Chris encounter in the hospital halls and what do you think the fog represents?
10. Describe Albert and Chris' initial entry into the Lower Realms.
Discuss one of the following:
Compare/contrast Chris to Albert.
Thoroughly analyze Ann's character and discuss why you think she ends up in the lower realms.
Discuss four of the minor characters and how they contribute to the story. Could they be left out without impacting the story overly much?
In Chapter 1, Chris separates from his body and his life flashes before his eyes in reverse from 1974 to 1927 in a blur of images. Then, later in Chapter 4, Chris has a comprehensive review of his life and actions, this time slowly and with great clarity. Discuss the following:
What do you think is the purpose of Chris' life flashing past his mind in Chapter 1?
What do you think is the purpose of the comprehensive review in Chapter 4?
Who judges Chris' life? Do you think this is a good way to conduct and after-death judgment?
What judgment is rendered about Chris' life?
Much of this story centers around obsession. Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze Chris's obsession for helping Ann throughout the story. Discuss fully with examples.
2. Trace and analyze Ann's obsession about Chris throughout the story. Discuss fully with examples.
3. What lessons can be learned for your own life in looking at how obsession manifests and impacts people in this story?
This section contains 1,465 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)