|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens if there is intense grieving surrounding a person's death?
2. What allows for a clean break from the body?
3. Who does Chris meet who reminds him of Ann?
4. Where does Chris awaken?
5. What keeps Chris bound to Ann?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Perry explain about why Chris lingers on the Earth plane for so long and the negative emotions Chris experiences?
2. Why do you think Chris keeps staying around the Earth plane when it is so frustrating and sad to see Ann's grief?
3. What sort of judgment day is there for Chris and who is the "judge"?
4. What does Perry do that keeps Chris from actually communicating any further and why do you think Perry does this?
5. How is Chris finally able to move away from the Earth plane?
6. What might give Chris hope for Ann for after she dies?
7. What happens when Chris gets to his home? Why do you think he doesn't realize he is dead?
8. What is the main thing that bothers Chris about his death and subsequent life in Summerland?
9. What can Albert do and how would you feel about that?
10. Give a brief description of life in Summerland.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is still a great deal of human frailty and foibles in Summerland. Summerland is a place where souls that dwell there must grow, face their problems and solve them, and must not see their reflections in mirrors for fear of losing heart at their imperfections. Discuss the following:
1. If the only way a soul can see its imperfections is in a mirror, which is why there are no mirrors, then how does a soul know what its imperfections are?
2. How can a mirror reflect spiritual imperfections? Do you think the implication is that the body one creates to "wear" in Summerland reflects one's spiritual imperfections?
3. How would you feel if when you looked into a mirror you not only saw your physical body (and its imperfections as you perceive them), but also saw your emotional/spiritual imperfections? Would you look in a mirror less or more than you do now?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
Compare/contrast Chris to Albert.
Thoroughly analyze Ann's character and discuss why you think she ends up in the lower realms.
Discuss four of the minor characters and how they contribute to the story. Could they be left out without impacting the story overly much?
Essay Topic 3
In Albert's home, Chris notices the screenplays he wrote while in the physical on Earth. Chris regrets that his screenplays were not of a less violent or horrific nature. Discuss the following:
1. If Chris had wanted to write different screen plays while on Earth, then he probably would have. What do you think kept him from doing so?
2. If life is meant to be experienced fully, what is wrong with Chris' screenplays exploring themes of life as it is on Earth in reality?
3. If one strives to create heaven on earth, then why have two separate planes of existence?
This section contains 1,414 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)