|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Albert help Chris?
2. What complicates Chris' passing?
3. Which sphere is Summerland?
4. What does Richard's companion suggest?
5. What does Chris now comprehend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leona tell Chris of Albert's work and how does Chris react?
2. What can Albert do and how would you feel about that?
3. Who is the man who helped Chris finally make it to Summerland and what does Chris realize about life in Summerland?
4. What recollection of Chris' may foreshadow the future for Ann?
5. What is the frame in which Chris' story is written?
6. Who does it seem that Chris can make some sort of connection with and who can he not seem to reach and why?
7. When Chris follows the sounds of Ann's sobbing, where does he end up?
8. What does Chris learn at the Office of Records and how does he react? Why do you think he reacts in such a way?
9. How is Chris finally able to move away from the Earth plane?
10. What might give Chris hope for Ann for after she dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Often someone who is dying will suddenly die when a loved one has left the room momentarily. Many believe that the grief of the loved one holds the person there and it is only when that loved one is out of the room that the person "slips away." Discuss the following:
1. Do you believe either negative or positive emotions of a loved one can hinder a person from dying? Explain fully.
2. Do you believe either negative or positive emotions of a dying person can hinder the person from letting go and dying? Explain fully.
3. How do you think is the most positive way a loved one can act when holding a bedside vigil of a dying person?
4. Do you think Ann acted in ways that made it easy for Chris to leave his body?
Essay Topic 2
Chris is introduced to the Hall of Literature, a perfect library where they can talk without disturbing anyone. Works of literature and art are present in their most perfect form. As Leona explains it, the original Chris sees is the true form, the concept in the mind of the artist, pure and eternal. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think Leona means when she says the original Chris sees is the true form, the concept in the mind of the artist, pure and eternal?
2. If art on Earth is a mere imitation of the same art in Summerland (or Heaven), why should one even try to produce art on Earth? Discuss with examples.
3. Chris desires to write new, uplifting screen plays. Will his work while he is in Summerland be in its most perfect form? What would be the challenge in writing it if that is so?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of redemption.
2. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of relationships.
3. Thoroughly trace and analyze the theme of spirituality.
This section contains 1,423 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)