Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does Chris visit?
2. To where does Chris follow Ann?
3. How can Albert help Chris?
4. Where does Chris awaken?
5. What raiment does Albert don?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first meeting between Chris and Ann.
2. What could Ann have done differently on Earth following the death of Chris which would have not resulted in her being where she is?
3. What do you think it means when Chris says he is realizing there is so much more than what the limited human mind can conceive?
4. What happens as Chris and Albert continue walking deeper into the Lower Realms?
5. What does Chris want to do at Summerland?
6. What does Chris do to try to make a connection with Ann and what is her response?
7. Once Chris decides he will reincarnate soon, what does he have to learn first?
8. What is the frame in which Chris' story is written?
9. Who does Chris encounter in the hospital halls and what do you think the fog represents?
10. Describe Albert and Chris' initial entry into the Lower Realms.
Discuss one of the following:
Compare/contrast Chris to Albert.
Thoroughly analyze Ann's character and discuss why you think she ends up in the lower realms.
Discuss four of the minor characters and how they contribute to the story. Could they be left out without impacting the story overly much?
Despite Chris' intense love for his wife, Ann, he is unable to make a connection with her while she is still in the physical plane and barely manages to get her to acknowledge his existence in the spirit world. Discuss the following:
1. There's a clichÃ© that suggests that "love conquers all." What does love fail to conquer in the story and what does love conquer in the story?
2. Ann's refusal to feel Chris's connection seems to be motivated by her head, rather than heart. Do you think this is true? Why? Give examples.
3. In what other ways do you see the existence of love in the story?
Ann commits suicide and thus ends up in the Lower Realms, which represent Hell. Discuss the following:
1. Why do you think suicide causes people to go to hell? Does that seem loving?
2. Do you think it is God or the person him/herself that causes the person to end up in Hell?
3. What do you think should happen to people who commit suicide?
This section contains 1,473 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)