Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does Chris visit?
2. To where does Chris follow Ann?
3. How can Albert help Chris?
4. Where does Chris awaken?
5. What raiment does Albert don?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first meeting between Chris and Ann.
2. What could Ann have done differently on Earth following the death of Chris which would have not resulted in her being where she is?
3. What do you think it means when Chris says he is realizing there is so much more than what the limited human mind can conceive?
4. What happens as Chris and Albert continue walking deeper into the Lower Realms?
5. What does Chris want to do at Summerland?
6. What does Chris do to try to make a connection with Ann and what is her response?
7. Once Chris decides he will reincarnate soon, what does he have to learn first?
8. What is the frame in which Chris' story is written?
9. Who does Chris encounter in the hospital halls and what do you think the fog represents?
10. Describe Albert and Chris' initial entry into the Lower Realms.
Essay Topic 1
Chris learns that Albert keeps track of certain family members who have died; that families do not have the same ties in Summerland as they do on earth. Discuss the following:
1. How does Chris react when he learns that relationships in Summerland (Heaven) are similar as on Earth?
2. Do you think relationships would be different from or similar to the way one's relationships are on Earth (assume for the moment that there is life after death, even if you do not believe it)?
3. Even though relationships in Summerland are similar to that on Earth, do you think Chris could change the relationship with his father if Chris wanted to? What about if the father is unwilling?
Essay Topic 2
Chris learns that everyone has a "job" in Summerland, usually of their own choice. Discuss the following:
1. What is Albert's job and how does he carry it out?
2. What does Chris think he will do for a job? Do you think he makes a good choice? Why or why not?
3. If you were in Summerland and had to choose a job, what would it be and why?
Essay Topic 3
There is still a great deal of human frailty and foibles in Summerland. Summerland is a place where souls that dwell there must grow, face their problems and solve them, and must not see their reflections in mirrors for fear of losing heart at their imperfections. Discuss the following:
1. If the only way a soul can see its imperfections is in a mirror, which is why there are no mirrors, then how does a soul know what its imperfections are?
2. How can a mirror reflect spiritual imperfections? Do you think the implication is that the body one creates to "wear" in Summerland reflects one's spiritual imperfections?
3. How would you feel if when you looked into a mirror you not only saw your physical body (and its imperfections as you perceive them), but also saw your emotional/spiritual imperfections? Would you look in a mirror less or more than you do now?
This section contains 1,593 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)