|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ann tells Chris the answer to his last question, what does Chris do?
(a) Lists the names of her children.
(b) Tells Ann she is dead.
(c) Lists the names of her friends.
(d) Tells Ann he is Chris.
2. What happens to one's memories after reincarnation?
(a) They cease to exist for eternity.
(b) They are erased.
(c) They are dormant in the brain.
(d) They are easily accessible for at least the first 10 years.
3. What does Chris say about his house?
(a) It is bright and pretty.
(b) It is also in dismal condition.
(c) It is clean and cheerful.
(d) He has water and electricity.
4. At the end of Chapter 35, what does Ann finally realize?
(a) That she is not dead.
(b) That Chris is her husband.
(c) That she is truly alone.
(d) That she should not have killed herself.
5. How does Chris define heaven?
(a) As a state of mind.
(b) As the opposite of Hell.
(c) As a real, physical location.
(d) As a place of peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Albert say about the place they are in at the end of Chapter 27?
2. As the atmosphere worsens, what happens to Chris' thoughts and behavior?
3. What does Chris now have to learn?
4. What is one realization Chris has in Summerland?
5. What does Chris say about his Aunt Vera and Uncle Eddy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Chris at the opening to Chapter 36 and what has he accomplished?
2. What is ironic about Ann's response to Chris when he asks her about her husband?
3. What is the process of incarnation/reincarnation that souls go through?
4. Do you think what Chris is describing is what you would imagine Hell to be like?
5. What does Chris realize about Ann's view of her situation?
6. What happens to those who commit suicide?
7. Who does Chris see in Summerland and what is the outcome? Do you think it seems likely?
8. What could Ann have done differently on Earth following the death of Chris which would have not resulted in her being where she is?
9. Can there be any type of communication between souls in Summerland and those on Earth?
10. What is the result of Chris having a grateful attitude?
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)