|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ann's death affect those in Summerland?
(a) It does not affect them since they do not know Ann.
(b) It motivates most of them to pay more attention to their loved ones.
(c) It shakes them all.
(d) It causes them to pray round the clock.
2. What do the damned do in the vacuum of Hell?
(a) Ponder non-spiritual matters.
(b) Talk to themselves about the same things over and over.
(c) Plot revenge against God.
(d) Live pretty much the way they've always lived.
3. What is Ann's initial gratitude replaced with after Chris gets rid of the creature?
4. What does Chris recognize?
(a) The cat from next door.
(b) Nothing looks familiar.
(c) A poor imitation of his home on Earth.
(d) An emblem on the roof.
5. What type of emotional atmosphere is there?
(c) Gluttony, despair, hate.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Ann cry?
2. What happens each time Chris tries to make a connection?
3. How does Chris try to convince Ann that he is her husband?
4. Why is Chris angry at Albert?
5. What puzzles Chris after Ginger's attack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think what Chris is describing is what you would imagine Hell to be like?
2. Briefly describe Ann's home in Hell.
3. What crosses in front of Chris on the driveway of Ann's home in Hell and what might be the symbolism of the scene?
4. Has Albert ever been in the Lower Realms?
5. How does Chris use gratitude to help his frame of mind and to reach out again to Ann?
6. What happens to those who commit suicide?
7. Once Chris decides he will reincarnate soon, what does he have to learn first?
8. Describe the first meeting between Chris and Ann.
9. Where is Chris at the opening to Chapter 36 and what has he accomplished?
10. What is the result of Chris having a grateful attitude?
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)