|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ann two years earlier in Chris' dream?
(a) She has a miscarriage.
(b) She has a nervous breakdown.
(c) She has a stillborn baby.
(d) She tries to commit suicide.
2. Where does Chris have to go to search for Ann?
(a) The reincarnation temple.
(c) Another part of Summerland.
(d) The Lower Realms.
3. Who alerts Perry to Chris' presence?
(b) The dog.
(c) The cat.
(d) No one.
4. Why is it hard for Ann to believe that Chris is still alive in some form?
(a) Ann learned as a child that religion is illusion.
(b) She does believe Chris is still alive.
(c) Ann has a dream that Chris no longer exists.
(d) Ann does not believe in life after the physical life.
5. Where does Chris go from the hospital?
(b) The lower realms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who judges the individual?
2. What does everyone have at Summerland?
3. What complicates Chris' passing?
4. To where does Chris follow Ann?
5. Why does Chris decide to stay in Hell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the frame in which Chris' story is written?
2. Who does Chris encounter in the hospital halls and what do you think the fog represents?
3. Describe Chris' first moments after he awakens in Summerland.
4. Who is the man who helped Chris finally make it to Summerland and what does Chris realize about life in Summerland?
5. How does Perry explain about why Chris lingers on the Earth plane for so long and the negative emotions Chris experiences?
6. Give a brief description of life in Summerland.
7. What does Perry do that keeps Chris from actually communicating any further and why do you think Perry does this?
8. What is the paradox about Ann and her wish to see Chris at Perry's seance?
9. What do you think about what Albert tells Chris about thoughts?
10. What happens when Chris gets to his home? Why do you think he doesn't realize he is dead?
This section contains 1,387 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)