|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris now comprehend?
(a) Why God allowed him to die.
(b) How much his wife loves him.
(c) Things he did not know before.
(d) The purpose of life.
2. Where does Albert leave Chris?
(a) By a snow-capped mountain.
(b) On the top of a plateau.
(c) Beside the shores of a gorgeous lake.
(d) Building his own home.
3. What bothers Chris about Summerland?
(a) It is too cheerful.
(b) It is superficial.
(c) Ann is not with him.
(d) It is boring.
4. Of what does Chris dream when Albert urges him to rest?
(a) Chris' funeral.
(b) A trip to Disneyland with his family.
(c) A camping trip Chris and his family went on.
(d) A trip to Europe with his family.
5. What does the man who seems solid to Chris tell him?
(a) He can wait as long as necessary.
(b) He will not find peace until he moves on.
(c) He will make things worse staying there.
(d) He must go on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Chris' occupation?
2. How do Albert and Chris communicate?
3. When is Ann to join Chris in Summerland?
4. Where does Chris see Ian trying to comfort Ann?
5. Who runs to greet Chris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Chris gets to his home? Why do you think he doesn't realize he is dead?
2. What does Chris want to do at Summerland?
3. Why does Chris lie down at his home and does this make sense to you?
4. When Chris follows the sounds of Ann's sobbing, where does he end up?
5. Give a brief description of life in Summerland.
6. What does Leona tell Chris of Albert's work and how does Chris react?
7. What does Leon show Chris while they are waiting to be summoned back to the Office of Records?
8. What recollection of Chris' may foreshadow the future for Ann?
9. What is the main thing that bothers Chris about his death and subsequent life in Summerland?
10. What does Chris realize about his and Albert's conversation and what is the implication of this?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)