|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Chris do even though there are no physical needs in Summerland?
(a) Solve his problems.
(b) Help others.
(c) Pray for help to God.
(d) Do something.
2. How is a person's state of mind when s/he dies?
(c) The same as at the moment of death.
3. What does Chris admire about Albert's home?
(a) The way it has curved walls.
(b) The way it moves as he moves.
(c) The fact that it is exactly the same as Albert's boyhood home.
(d) The roominess and craftsmanship.
4. What of Albert's former beliefs does he share with Chris?
(a) A belief that there is no life after physical death.
(b) The fact that he had no beliefs.
(c) A belief in heaven and hell when Albert was in the physical.
(d) A belief in the instant perfection of all who die.
5. What prevents Chris from being at peace the way Leona and Albert seem to be?
(a) Chris' desire to change.
(b) His resistance to peace.
(c) Chris' obsession with Ann.
(d) The bad dreams he keeps having.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Albert?
2. Who does Richard bring to the cemetery?
3. What does the man in the hall who feels solid tell Chris?
4. Why is it hard for Ann to believe that Chris is still alive in some form?
5. What happens if there is intense grieving surrounding a person's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Perry do that keeps Chris from actually communicating any further and why do you think Perry does this?
2. What can Albert do and how would you feel about that?
3. Describe Chris' first moments after he awakens in Summerland.
4. What is the frame in which Chris' story is written?
5. What does Leona offer to do for Chris and do you think that it is wise?
6. What sort of judgment day is there for Chris and who is the "judge"?
7. What does Chris want to do at Summerland?
8. Who greets Chris and what do you think of the situation?
9. Who does it seem that Chris can make some sort of connection with and who can he not seem to reach and why?
10. Why does Chris lie down at his home and does this make sense to you?
This section contains 1,179 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)