|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Chris?
(a) He is hit in the crosswalk going across the street.
(b) An explosion from a gas line blows up the theater.
(c) His car is hit into the path of an oncoming van.
(d) He is accidentally killed in a drive-by shooting.
2. Where does Albert leave Chris?
(a) On the top of a plateau.
(b) Beside the shores of a gorgeous lake.
(c) By a snow-capped mountain.
(d) Building his own home.
3. What prevents Chris from being at peace the way Leona and Albert seem to be?
(a) The bad dreams he keeps having.
(b) Chris' desire to change.
(c) Chris' obsession with Ann.
(d) His resistance to peace.
4. How do the works of literature exist in this library?
(a) As conceptions.
(b) Exactly as they exist on earth.
(c) In their pure form.
(d) As thought.
5. What does Chris want to do?
(a) Be a guide for other accident victims.
(b) Write more uplifting plays.
(c) Write music.
(d) Advance technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Chris awaken?
2. What is the atmosphere like in Summerland?
3. What place does Chris visit?
4. What happens to Chris that seems very strange?
5. Who does Chris recognize as the man who helped him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main thing that bothers Chris about his death and subsequent life in Summerland?
2. Describe Chris' experience in the hospital when his soul first leaves his body.
3. What does Chris learn at the Office of Records and how does he react? Why do you think he reacts in such a way?
4. What recollection of Chris' may foreshadow the future for Ann?
5. What does the man who seems to have substance tell Chris?
6. What does Perry do that keeps Chris from actually communicating any further and why do you think Perry does this?
7. How is Chris finally able to move away from the Earth plane?
8. What is the frame in which Chris' story is written?
9. Give a one-sentence synopsis of WHAT DREAMS MAY COME.
10. What does Chris realize about his and Albert's conversation and what is the implication of this?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)