|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Albert answer Chris' questions?
(a) With detailed answers.
(b) With innuendo.
(c) Before Chris can even ask them.
(d) He refuses to answer them.
2. What happens when Chris refuses to believe the man?
(a) Chris rejoins his body and is in pain.
(b) Chris goes to the lower realms.
(c) Chris cries.
(d) Chris is immersed in a fog.
3. How many spheres does Albert think there may be?
4. What does the man in the hall who feels solid tell Chris?
(a) That Chris is going to recover.
(b) That Chris is dead.
(c) That Chris can choose to stay in life or go.
(d) That Chris must come with him.
5. What does Chris want to do?
(a) Be a guide for other accident victims.
(b) Advance technology.
(c) Write music.
(d) Write more uplifting plays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What confounds Chris about the city he visits?
2. How can Albert help Chris?
3. What does Chris do when a voice tells him not to fight dying?
4. Why does Chris refuse to leave the clairvoyant alone?
5. What takes on a form that must be faced?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first meeting between Chris and Ann.
2. Where is Chris at the opening to Chapter 36 and what has he accomplished?
3. What is the main thing that bothers Chris about his death and subsequent life in Summerland?
4. What crosses in front of Chris on the driveway of Ann's home in Hell and what might be the symbolism of the scene?
5. What is the paradox about Ann and her wish to see Chris at Perry's seance?
6. Who greets Chris and what do you think of the situation?
7. Who is the man who helped Chris finally make it to Summerland and what does Chris realize about life in Summerland?
8. Who does Chris see in Summerland and what is the outcome? Do you think it seems likely?
9. What does Chris learn at the Office of Records and how does he react? Why do you think he reacts in such a way?
10. What does Leon show Chris while they are waiting to be summoned back to the Office of Records?
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)