|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chris' heart beat?
(a) Slowly and peacefully.
(b) Pounding as if it would jump out of his chest.
(d) With suspense and anxiety.
2. Who does Chris recognize as the man who helped him?
(a) Chris' grandfather.
(b) Chris' uncle.
(c) Chris' next door neighbor who died two years earlier.
(d) Chris' cousin Albert.
3. How do the works of literature exist in this library?
(a) Exactly as they exist on earth.
(b) In their pure form.
(c) As thought.
(d) As conceptions.
4. Why does Chris refuse to leave the clairvoyant alone?
(a) He wants her to write his story.
(b) He wants her to look in on his children.
(c) He thinks she can save Ann from suicide.
(d) He wants to find out how his wife his doing.
5. Who does Chris meet who reminds him of Ann?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What confounds Chris about the city he visits?
2. Who do Leona and Chris met?
3. What does the nurse do when she comes in the room?
4. How does Richard feel about what Perry says about Chris?
5. What happens when Chris refuses to believe the man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chris realize about his and Albert's conversation and what is the implication of this?
2. What can Albert do and how would you feel about that?
3. What does Chris learn at the Office of Records and how does he react? Why do you think he reacts in such a way?
4. What recollection of Chris' may foreshadow the future for Ann?
5. Where does Leona take Chris and why can't he seem to enjoy it?
6. What is the main thing that bothers Chris about his death and subsequent life in Summerland?
7. What does the man who seems to have substance tell Chris?
8. Give a brief description of life in Summerland.
9. What does Leona tell Chris of Albert's work and how does Chris react?
10. What happens when Chris gets to his home? Why do you think he doesn't realize he is dead?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)