|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Chris' son tonight?
(a) In a school play.
(b) With friends at the arcade.
(d) Doing homework.
2. Why is the library so nice?
(a) It has all the books that will be someday produced on earth.
(b) It is clean and the old volumes are in like new condition.
(c) It has all the books ever written.
(d) They can talk without disturbing anyone.
3. What puts an even greater distance between Chris and his wife?
(a) His decision to reincarnate.
(b) His decision to go to Europe.
(c) Her suicide.
(d) His decision to move upwards from Summerland.
4. What gets in the way of Perry's being able to connect Chris and Ann?
(a) His arrogance.
(b) His lack of faith.
(c) Chris's reluctance.
(d) His limited psychic abilities.
5. What sense about one's life does everyone feel?
(a) Everyone views his life as having been lived incompletely.
(d) It takes place at the right time and place.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Chris awaken?
2. What has no meaning for Chris?
3. What place does Chris visit?
4. What does Albert explain to Chris in Chapter 13?
5. What does Chris realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chris learn at the Office of Records and how does he react? Why do you think he reacts in such a way?
2. What is ironic about Ann's response to Chris when he asks her about her husband?
3. When Chris follows the sounds of Ann's sobbing, where does he end up?
4. Do you think what Chris is describing is what you would imagine Hell to be like?
5. Who greets Chris and what do you think of the situation?
6. Who does it seem that Chris can make some sort of connection with and who can he not seem to reach and why?
7. What does Leon show Chris while they are waiting to be summoned back to the Office of Records?
8. What crosses in front of Chris on the driveway of Ann's home in Hell and what might be the symbolism of the scene?
9. What happens to Chris when he is tricked by a gang of men in the Lower Realm?
10. What happens as Chris and Albert continue walking deeper into the Lower Realms?
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)