|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the library so nice?
(a) It is clean and the old volumes are in like new condition.
(b) They can talk without disturbing anyone.
(c) It has all the books ever written.
(d) It has all the books that will be someday produced on earth.
2. How is a person's state of mind when s/he dies?
(b) The same as at the moment of death.
3. To where does Chris follow Ann?
(a) To the basement.
(b) To a church filled with grey people.
(c) To walk the dog.
(d) To the family room.
4. What has no meaning for Chris?
(d) What is happening in his family's lives.
5. What does Chris want to do?
(a) Advance technology.
(b) Write music.
(c) Write more uplifting plays.
(d) Be a guide for other accident victims.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ann have that Chris also has?
2. How does Chris' heart beat?
3. Who judges the individual?
4. To what is Ann resistant?
5. Why does Chris no longer feel pain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Chris encounter in the hospital halls and what do you think the fog represents?
2. How is Chris finally able to move away from the Earth plane?
3. When Chris follows the sounds of Ann's sobbing, where does he end up?
4. What does Leon show Chris while they are waiting to be summoned back to the Office of Records?
5. What might give Chris hope for Ann for after she dies?
6. What does Leona offer to do for Chris and do you think that it is wise?
7. What does Leona tell Chris of Albert's work and how does Chris react?
8. Who greets Chris and what do you think of the situation?
9. What does Chris realize about his and Albert's conversation and what is the implication of this?
10. What does Chris learn at the Office of Records and how does he react? Why do you think he reacts in such a way?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)