|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ann first tell Chris?
(a) That her husband will be home soon.
(b) That she is not married.
(c) The pine trees have died because the water is shut off.
(d) That her husband left her.
2. Through whom is Ann's punishment meted?
3. What does Chris realize about Ann's house?
(a) It is amazingly well-kept for being in hell.
(b) It is the same as always.
(c) It is based on the one she loved in Florence.
(d) It is isolated.
4. Where is Chris at the opening of Chapter 36?
(a) Reincarnated in India.
(b) At the next level above Summerland.
(c) Still with Ann in Hell.
(d) Back in Summerland.
5. As the atmosphere worsens, what happens to Chris' thoughts and behavior?
(a) They are not affected.
(b) They degrade as well.
(c) They get better so he can be a good example.
(d) They are erratic.
6. How does Chris feel while trying to connect with Ann?
7. How does Ann actually die?
(a) A cable car accident.
(b) She does not die.
(c) She is murdered.
8. What does Chris choose to go back as when he reincarnates?
(a) He is not sure yet.
(b) An aboriginal.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A writer.
9. Who on Earth is able to handle communication with those in the spirit world?
(a) No one.
(c) Those who have a strong connection with a deceased loved one.
(d) Those born with the gift or the most advanced psychics.
10. Of what does Albert remind Chris?
(a) That these people are not complete souls.
(b) To use his mind to be strong.
(c) That these people can choose to change.
(d) That these people deserve what they get.
11. What has Chris' sacrifice done?
(a) It has spared Ann the bleak and horrible reality of remaining in her afterlife.
(b) Ensures Chris can some day reincarnate.
(c) Ensures Chris can move up to a higher realm.
12. How does Chris try to convince Ann that he is her husband?
(a) Giving her many details he would not know otherwise.
(b) Getting Ginger to accept him.
(c) Kissing her.
(d) Finding little things in the room and talking about them.
13. At the end of Chapter 35, what does Ann finally realize?
(a) That she is not dead.
(b) That she is truly alone.
(c) That she should not have killed herself.
(d) That Chris is her husband.
14. What does Chris realize about Ann?
(a) She is searching for a way out.
(b) She is sorry for killing herself.
(c) She does not realize she is dead.
(d) She is not the Ann he once knew.
15. Why does Albert go to the Lower Realms?
(a) To help the unfortunate souls because they really cannot help themselves.
(b) He does not go to the lower realms.
(c) To show potential suicides what they are in for.
(d) To gloat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ann's response when Chris outright tells her that he is her husband?
2. About what is Albert adamant?
3. What is growing in Chris?
4. Why is Chris angry at Albert?
5. What is in the crater they encounter?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)