|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ann's death affect those in Summerland?
(a) It shakes them all.
(b) It does not affect them since they do not know Ann.
(c) It motivates most of them to pay more attention to their loved ones.
(d) It causes them to pray round the clock.
2. How do the inhabitants attack Chris?
(a) With their minds.
(b) They leave Chris alone.
(c) With fire.
(d) With axes and shovels.
3. Who is with Ann?
(b) No one.
4. What is Ann's response when Chris outright tells her that he is her husband?
(a) She asks why he has come there.
(b) She is estatic.
(c) She violently refuses to believe him.
(d) She screams at him for leaving her.
5. Where does Chris see his father?
(a) In a dream
(b) The lower realms.
(c) Still on earth.
6. For whom does Ann cry?
(b) Her children.
7. What is in the crater they encounter?
(a) A deep lake of fire.
(c) A deep lake of mud.
(d) A place as close to Hell as there is.
8. What is Chris finally successful in doing?
(a) Getting an audience with God.
(b) Going back to Earth to see Ann in the hospital.
(c) Leaving Summerland.
(d) Enlisting Albert's help.
9. Who on Earth is able to handle communication with those in the spirit world?
(a) Those born with the gift or the most advanced psychics.
(b) No one.
(d) Those who have a strong connection with a deceased loved one.
10. What does Chris recognize?
(a) The cat from next door.
(b) Nothing looks familiar.
(c) A poor imitation of his home on Earth.
(d) An emblem on the roof.
11. What puzzles Chris after Ginger's attack?
(a) That he feels nothing.
(b) That there is no blood or pain.
(c) That his afterlife body can feel pain and can actually bleed.
(d) That Ann does not try to stop Ginger.
12. Why can these people not see Chris and Albert?
(a) The people do not want to see anything.
(b) The people are too caught up in their own life.
(c) Chris and Albert choose invisibility in their minds.
(d) The people are blind.
13. What had once been a defining force for Ann?
(c) Her children.
14. What does Albert say about the place they are in at the end of Chapter 27?
(a) This is the best of all the Hells.
(b) This is one Hell of many Hells.
(c) This is the wrong Hell because there are no suicides in this one.
(d) This is probably where Ann is.
15. What does Ann first tell Chris?
(a) The pine trees have died because the water is shut off.
(b) That her husband left her.
(c) That she is not married.
(d) That her husband will be home soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What creature do they see?
2. What does Albert insist Chris learn about reincarnation?
3. What keeps Ann from making a connection with Chris?
4. What type of emotional atmosphere is there?
5. Who agrees to help create a connection with Ann?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)