|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chris want to reincarnate?
(a) To live a full, long live the next time.
(b) To make a better contribution to humankind.
(c) To be with Ann, to love her, to help her the best way he knows how.
(d) To help his children.
2. How does Chris react to Ann's death?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) He is sad but now they can be together.
(c) He grieves as if he were on Earth.
(d) He feels perplexed.
3. What does the interior of Ann's house reflect?
(c) Sadness and despair.
(d) Rebellion to God.
4. Why is Chris not that close to his father?
(a) Because his father cannot come to Chris's realm.
(b) Because his father is very busy.
(c) Because they were not close when Chris was alive.
(d) Because his father does not recognize Chris.
5. What keeps Ann from making a connection with Chris?
(a) Not knowing she is dead.
(c) The rules of Hell.
(d) Apathy and despair.
6. What do the damned do in the vacuum of Hell?
(a) Ponder non-spiritual matters.
(b) Talk to themselves about the same things over and over.
(c) Plot revenge against God.
(d) Live pretty much the way they've always lived.
7. What suffocates Chris?
(a) Thoughts of Summerland.
(b) Virtually unbreathable air.
(c) His mind.
(d) His fear.
8. What kills Ann in Chris' dream?
(a) An airplane crash.
(b) A mountain lion.
(c) A tornado.
(d) A bear.
9. What happens if a child is born dead?
(a) The soul ceases to exist.
(b) The soul finds another baby not yet claimed.
(c) The soul will then be stuck in an ethereal coma.
(d) The soul must wait a minimum of a thousand years to try again.
10. Why does Ginger growl at Chris?
(a) Because Chris is slapping Ann.
(b) Because Chris is irritating Ann.
(c) Because Chris is yelling at Ann.
(d) Because Chris touches Ann.
11. How does Chris try to get Ann to see her new life?
(a) As changeable.
(b) As a sort of a dream.
(c) As real.
(d) As good.
12. For whom does Ann cry?
(b) Her children.
13. Who agrees to help create a connection with Ann?
(a) Only Albert.
(b) No one that Chris asks.
(c) Albert and his friends.
(d) An angel.
14. What does Chris realize about Ann?
(a) She is sorry for killing herself.
(b) She does not realize she is dead.
(c) She is not the Ann he once knew.
(d) She is searching for a way out.
15. Of what does Albert warn Chris?
(a) That Ann could lure him to stay.
(b) How difficult it will be to convince Ann and resist despair.
(c) That Chris may not want to be with Ann after he sees her.
(d) That Ann may no longer be totally "there."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does it feel like as Chris and Albert enter another sphere?
2. What puzzles Chris after Ginger's attack?
3. Where is Chris at the opening of Chapter 36?
4. How man years are typically spent in afterlife before the rebirth process?
5. What happens to a person who commits suicide?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)