|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Chris at the moment of his death?
(a) His life flashes before his eyes.
(b) He glimpses God for a brief moment.
(c) He sees everyone who he knows who has died before him.
(d) He sees his wife standing by his bed.
2. What bothers Chris about Summerland?
(a) It is superficial.
(b) It is too cheerful.
(c) It is boring.
(d) Ann is not with him.
3. What has no meaning for Chris?
(c) What is happening in his family's lives.
4. How do the works of literature exist in this library?
(a) In their pure form.
(b) Exactly as they exist on earth.
(c) As conceptions.
(d) As thought.
5. Why is it hard for Ann to believe that Chris is still alive in some form?
(a) She does believe Chris is still alive.
(b) Ann has a dream that Chris no longer exists.
(c) Ann does not believe in life after the physical life.
(d) Ann learned as a child that religion is illusion.
6. What place does Chris visit?
(a) The Hall of Good and Bad Deeds.
(b) The Hall of Unbelievers.
(c) The Hall of Literature.
(d) The Hall of Religious Theory.
7. What of Albert's former beliefs does he share with Chris?
(a) A belief in the instant perfection of all who die.
(b) A belief in heaven and hell when Albert was in the physical.
(c) A belief that there is no life after physical death.
(d) The fact that he had no beliefs.
8. To what does Ann reluctantly agree?
(a) Sending Ian to boarding school.
(b) A seance.
(c) A wake.
(d) Staying at Richard's house for awhile.
9. What does Chris think when he sits up in the bed?
(a) He needs to walk the dog.
(b) He is late for work.
(c) He has been dreaming.
(d) He wonders where Ann is.
10. What can Chris learn from the place Leona is taking him?
(b) What he can be striving for.
(c) When Ann is due to die.
(d) What he wants to avoid.
11. What does the clairvoyant claim?
(a) That she is Ann reincarnated.
(b) That she writes a manuscript dictated to her by a dead man.
(c) That she is able to walk the lower realms.
(d) That she is able to walk the fields of Summerland.
12. What does Ian sense?
(a) That Ginger can see Chris.
(b) That Chris must decide to wake or die.
(c) Chris' presence.
(d) That his mother will not live much longer.
13. Why are there no mirrors in Summerland?
(a) There is no light to see in them.
(b) They are a symbol of vanity.
(c) There are plenty of lakes to view one's reflection if desired.
(d) They would reflect their imperfect state.
14. How long does it take the clairvoyant to complete the manuscript?
(a) 6 months.
(b) A year.
(c) 6 years.
(d) Ten years.
15. Where does Chris go from the hospital?
(c) The lower realms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens if there is intense grieving surrounding a person's death?
2. What is Chris' occupation?
3. What confounds Chris about the city he visits?
4. How do Albert and Chris communicate?
5. Why does Chris refuse to leave the clairvoyant alone?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)