|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chris recognize as the man who helped him?
(a) Chris' grandfather.
(b) Chris' cousin Albert.
(c) Chris' uncle.
(d) Chris' next door neighbor who died two years earlier.
2. Where does Chris see Ian trying to comfort Ann?
(a) At the cemetary.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) In Chris and Ann's bedroom.
(d) At his brother's house.
3. How long does it take the clairvoyant to complete the manuscript?
(a) 6 years.
(b) A year.
(c) 6 months.
(d) Ten years.
4. What are the masterpieces on Earth?
(a) Ones that are not good enough for this library.
(b) Mere replicas of those in this library.
(c) Spin offs from those in this library.
(d) A ghost of those in this library.
5. Who alerts Perry to Chris' presence?
(a) The cat.
(b) The dog.
(d) No one.
6. To what does Ann reluctantly agree?
(a) Sending Ian to boarding school.
(b) A seance.
(c) A wake.
(d) Staying at Richard's house for awhile.
7. Who keeps track of some family members?
8. Where does Chris have to go to search for Ann?
(a) The Lower Realms.
(b) Another part of Summerland.
(c) The reincarnation temple.
9. Who writes a letter about Chris?
(b) His daughter, Marie.
10. How does Chris' heart beat?
(a) With suspense and anxiety.
(b) Pounding as if it would jump out of his chest.
(c) Slowly and peacefully.
11. How does Richard feel about what Perry says about Chris?
(a) He thinks Perry is making it up.
(b) He thinks Chris is dead and does not exist any longer.
(c) He believes him.
(d) He thinks Chris is alive but not there.
12. To what does Chris awaken?
(a) The sound of trumpets.
(b) Harp music.
(c) The sound of Ann crying.
(d) A gorgeous sunrise.
13. What is Chris' greatest need?
(a) To comfort his kids.
(b) To figure out if he is dead.
(c) To ask for a reprieve from the heavenly authorities.
(d) To be with Ann.
14. What does everyone have at Summerland?
(a) A personal guru.
(b) A maid.
(c) A direct link to God.
(d) A job.
15. What does Chris realize?
(a) He is at his funeral.
(b) If he wakes up, he will be in terrible pain.
(c) He has to tell Ann he loves her.
(d) He is not dead, just in a coma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Chris about Summerland?
2. How does Chris affect his environment at Summerland?
3. What does Chris admire about Albert's home?
4. What does the man in the hall who feels solid tell Chris?
5. What place does Chris visit?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)