|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is the clairvoyant supposed to give the manuscript?
(c) The Pope.
2. What does everyone have at Summerland?
(a) A maid.
(b) A job.
(c) A direct link to God.
(d) A personal guru.
3. Who runs to greet Chris?
(a) The pony Chris has as a child.
(b) His dead cat, Katie.
(c) His dead dog, Katie.
(d) A stillborn child he and Ann had years ago.
4. What confounds Chris about the city he visits?
(a) The number of souls.
(b) The beauty.
(c) The lack of noise.
(d) The gold color.
5. What prevents Chris from being at peace the way Leona and Albert seem to be?
(a) Chris' desire to change.
(b) Chris' obsession with Ann.
(c) The bad dreams he keeps having.
(d) His resistance to peace.
6. What happens to Chris at the moment of his death?
(a) He sees everyone who he knows who has died before him.
(b) He glimpses God for a brief moment.
(c) His life flashes before his eyes.
(d) He sees his wife standing by his bed.
7. Why does Chris refuse to leave the clairvoyant alone?
(a) He wants her to look in on his children.
(b) He thinks she can save Ann from suicide.
(c) He wants her to write his story.
(d) He wants to find out how his wife his doing.
8. What are the masterpieces on Earth?
(a) Ones that are not good enough for this library.
(b) Spin offs from those in this library.
(c) Mere replicas of those in this library.
(d) A ghost of those in this library.
9. How does Chris' heart beat?
(a) Slowly and peacefully.
(c) With suspense and anxiety.
(d) Pounding as if it would jump out of his chest.
10. Where is Chris' son tonight?
(a) In a school play.
(b) With friends at the arcade.
(c) Doing homework.
11. What of Albert's former beliefs does he share with Chris?
(a) A belief in heaven and hell when Albert was in the physical.
(b) A belief in the instant perfection of all who die.
(c) A belief that there is no life after physical death.
(d) The fact that he had no beliefs.
12. Where does Chris see Ian trying to comfort Ann?
(a) In Chris and Ann's bedroom.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At his brother's house.
(d) At the cemetary.
13. To where does Chris follow Ann?
(a) To a church filled with grey people.
(b) To walk the dog.
(c) To the family room.
(d) To the basement.
14. Where does Leona offer to take Chris?
(a) To the House of Records.
(b) To look at Earth from space.
(c) To the next level up.
(d) To the next level down.
15. How do the works of literature exist in this library?
(a) In their pure form.
(b) As conceptions.
(c) Exactly as they exist on earth.
(d) As thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the house look like that Chris sees?
2. What raiment does Albert don?
3. What gets in the way of Perry's being able to connect Chris and Ann?
4. Where does Albert leave Chris?
5. What bothers Chris about Summerland?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)