|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Chris' son tonight?
(a) With friends at the arcade.
(c) Doing homework.
(d) In a school play.
2. What place does Chris visit?
(a) The Hall of Unbelievers.
(b) The Hall of Religious Theory.
(c) The Hall of Good and Bad Deeds.
(d) The Hall of Literature.
3. What is Chris' occupation?
4. What puts an even greater distance between Chris and his wife?
(a) His decision to move upwards from Summerland.
(b) His decision to reincarnate.
(c) Her suicide.
(d) His decision to go to Europe.
5. Where does Chris have to go to search for Ann?
(b) The reincarnation temple.
(c) Another part of Summerland.
(d) The Lower Realms.
6. Who does Chris recognize as the man who helped him?
(a) Chris' uncle.
(b) Chris' grandfather.
(c) Chris' cousin Albert.
(d) Chris' next door neighbor who died two years earlier.
7. Who writes a letter about Chris?
(a) His daughter, Marie.
8. What does the clairvoyant claim?
(a) That she is able to walk the fields of Summerland.
(b) That she writes a manuscript dictated to her by a dead man.
(c) That she is Ann reincarnated.
(d) That she is able to walk the lower realms.
9. What does Richard's companion suggest?
(a) That Ian could see his dad if he tries hard enough.
(b) That Chris is in hell.
(c) That Chris is in heaven.
(d) That Ann attend a seance.
10. How does Chris staying in the Lower Realms help Ann?
(a) He is assigned to stay there.
(b) It opens her eyes to the possibility of a greater spiritual life.
(c) He thinks he can convert her.
(d) He feels sorry for her.
11. When is Ann to join Chris in Summerland?
(a) In 24 years.
(c) In 40 years.
(d) In 4 years.
12. What does Chris now comprehend?
(a) Why God allowed him to die.
(b) The purpose of life.
(c) How much his wife loves him.
(d) Things he did not know before.
13. Where does Chris see Ian trying to comfort Ann?
(a) At the cemetary.
(b) At the hospital.
(c) At his brother's house.
(d) In Chris and Ann's bedroom.
14. What bothers Chris about Summerland?
(a) It is boring.
(b) It is superficial.
(c) Ann is not with him.
(d) It is too cheerful.
15. How does Robert feel about the manuscript?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chris affect his environment at Summerland?
2. What confounds Chris about the city he visits?
3. Why does Chris no longer feel pain?
4. Who does Chris meet who reminds him of Ann?
5. What has no meaning for Chris?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)