|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chris no longer feel pain?
(a) He has never felt much pain.
(b) He accepts where he is.
(c) He has no body.
(d) He is perfect.
2. To what does Ann reluctantly agree?
(a) A seance.
(b) Staying at Richard's house for awhile.
(c) A wake.
(d) Sending Ian to boarding school.
3. What does Albert explain to Chris in Chapter 13?
(a) How to create material things.
(b) How to eat if he wants.
(c) About how God visits occasionally.
(d) About Chris' death memories.
4. To whom is the clairvoyant supposed to give the manuscript?
(a) The Pope.
5. How does Richard feel about what Perry says about Chris?
(a) He thinks Chris is alive but not there.
(b) He believes him.
(c) He thinks Chris is dead and does not exist any longer.
(d) He thinks Perry is making it up.
6. What is Chris' occupation?
7. Who is Albert?
(a) Chris' middle son.
(b) The drunk driver who kills Chris.
(c) Chris' best friend from childhood.
(d) Chris' cousin.
8. How do Albert and Chris communicate?
(a) By pictures.
(b) Mind to mind.
(c) By speaking.
(d) By gestures.
9. What prevents Chris from being at peace the way Leona and Albert seem to be?
(a) Chris' desire to change.
(b) His resistance to peace.
(c) Chris' obsession with Ann.
(d) The bad dreams he keeps having.
10. Who do Leona and Chris met?
(a) A man who will find out what Chris wants to know.
(c) Chris's mother.
(d) An angel.
11. What happens if there is intense grieving surrounding a person's death?
(a) The person cannot die.
(b) The person who dies may feel anxiety.
(c) Nothing affects the dying person.
(d) The person cannot enter Summerland.
12. How does Robert feel about the manuscript?
13. Who runs to greet Chris?
(a) A stillborn child he and Ann had years ago.
(b) His dead dog, Katie.
(c) The pony Chris has as a child.
(d) His dead cat, Katie.
14. What must Chris do even though there are no physical needs in Summerland?
(a) Solve his problems.
(b) Pray for help to God.
(c) Help others.
(d) Do something.
15. To what is Ann resistant?
(a) The minister's words.
(b) The idea that the cat can see Chris.
(c) The idea of hell.
(d) Perry's words.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the masterpieces on Earth?
2. Why is the library so nice?
3. What puts an even greater distance between Chris and his wife?
4. What does the house look like that Chris sees?
5. Where does Chris see Ian trying to comfort Ann?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)