|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in Richard's group was extremely good at writing?
2. Where did the commission travel to to deliver their report to the president?
3. Who was in charge of the mission planning and operations group?
4. What color of cover did the report the commission actually have?
5. When Charlie Stevenson was explaining the temperatures before the launch, how low of a temperature did his crew get a reading of?
Short Essay Questions
1. If a section of the shuttle needed to be reshaped a little bit and the hanging method had already been used, what method would then be used?
2. What did Mr. Rogers say to members of the commission about being careful with "these people, whose careers depend on us"?
3. How did General Kutyna describe the "check six" rule to Richard?
4. When Richard had his press conference at Caltech, what did he find himself telling reporters over and over?
5. Why are the brakes on the shuttle controlled by the computers instead of the astronauts?
6. The shuttle's computers don't have enough memory to hold all the programs for the whole flight, so what has to happen?
7. What was Richard's impression about what was going to happen with the commission getting together at one point?
8. What was the main thing Richard said he learned during the first official meeting of the commission?
9. Who does Richard describe in Meet The Press as working "like demons" and why were they working "like demons"?
10. In the beginning of Check Six, how does Richard explain how he felt about the press?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what the tenth recommendation in the report was. Expound on the objections that Richard had to this "recommendation" and what kind of run-around he got about it. Describe the end result of Richard's complaining about the tenth recommendation.
Essay Topic 2
Describe General Kutyna. Describe what things about General Kutyna appealed to you as a reader and why he and Richard got along so well? Use specific examples from the book to explain your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Describe who Frances and Chuck were and what influence they had on Richard. Why was it beneficial to Richard to know and be in contact with Frances? Are there any negative results of Richard being related to someone in the press? If so, why? Expound on these answers and use specific information from the book to support your answers.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)