|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard and the other members of the investigation commission get to Florida they were originally going to go around Kennedy Space Center, but what happened first?
2. Who were the two beautiful blondes who were inside the sports car waiting outside the goodbye dinner?
3. When Charlie Stevenson was explaining the temperatures before the launch, how low of a temperature did his crew get a reading of?
4. What day of the week was the report released to the public?
5. What day of the week did the commission deliver their report to the president of the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the brakes on the shuttle controlled by the computers instead of the astronauts?
2. How did General Kutyna describe the "check six" rule to Richard?
3. Where did Richard go when he excused himself from the rest of the guided tour of the Kennedy Space Center?
4. What was the commission originally going to do when they first arrived in Florida, and why was it changed?
5. When Richard had his press conference at Caltech, what did he find himself telling reporters over and over?
6. What does Richard say about seeing a congressman give his opinion on something?
7. What was the main thing Richard said he learned during the first official meeting of the commission?
8. When Richard left the meeting with engineers discussing the shuttle engines, what was the definite impression that he had about their situation?
9. The shuttle's computers don't have enough memory to hold all the programs for the whole flight, so what has to happen?
10. Why did Richard decide it would be a good idea to fly to Washington on Tuesday even though he wasn't needed for the first meeting with the commission until Wednesday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the experiences that Gweneth and Richard had in Togi at the inn and at the new shrine dedication. Why do you think Gweneth and Richard enjoyed their stay so much in Japan during this time? Explain your reasoning and use specific information from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Depict how RIchard's parents (individually and together) influenced him in his life.
Essay Topic 3
Describe what the tenth recommendation in the report was. Expound on the objections that Richard had to this "recommendation" and what kind of run-around he got about it. Describe the end result of Richard's complaining about the tenth recommendation.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)