|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who headed the pre-launch activities group of the commission?
(a) Mr. Acheson.
(b) Mr. Rogers.
(c) Dr. Ride.
(d) Mr. Sutter.
2. How does Richard describe how the shuttle gets into orbit?
(a) By someone on the ground controlling the rocket.
(c) By the crew all pushing a button.
(d) By one of the crew members pussing one button.
3. What color of cover did the commission vote on to have on the report?
4. General Kutyna invited Richard to meet with him so they could discuss the relationship between NASA and what?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The White House officials.
(d) The Navy.
5. Whose group did Richard spend most his time in?
(a) Dr. Ride.
(b) General Kutyna.
(c) Mr. Sutter.
(d) Mr. Acheson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who headed the design, development, and production panel of the commission?
2. What appeared a few seconds before the main fuel tank exploded?
3. Who was in charge of the mission planning and operations group?
4. After Richard got off the red-eye flight to Washington, what hotel did he check in to?
5. Where did the commission travel to to deliver their report to the president?
Short Essay Questions
1. The shuttle's computers don't have enough memory to hold all the programs for the whole flight, so what has to happen?
2. When the astronauts know where they're supposed to land, they have to push one of three buttons. What are these buttons for?
3. What was Richard's reaction when someone on the staff brought him something to sign saying that his expenses were over the $75 a day?
4. What did the JPL engineers tell Richard that some of the people that worked on the engines always did on each flight?
5. Why did Richard decide it would be a good idea to fly to Washington on Tuesday even though he wasn't needed for the first meeting with the commission until Wednesday?
6. If a section of the shuttle needed to be reshaped a little bit and the hanging method had already been used, what method would then be used?
7. What was Richard's impression about what was going to happen with the commission getting together at one point?
8. After Richard was done speaking to General Kutyna at the Pentagon, what did he do for the rest of the day?
9. Richard received a call from General Kutyna one day telling him that he had some urgent news for him. What was the urgent news that General Kutyna was referring to?
10. Who does Richard describe in Meet The Press as working "like demons" and why were they working "like demons"?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)