|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the two beautiful blondes who were inside the sports car waiting outside the goodbye dinner?
(a) Richard's daughters.
(c) General Kutyna's daughters.
(d) College students.
2. Who was the former director of NASA who was removed from his job pending an investigation?
(a) Mr. Beggs.
(b) William Graham.
(c) William Rogers.
(d) General Kutyna.
3. The temperature was measured in the air, the rocket, the ground, the ice, and even a puddle of slush with what in it?
4. What color was the sports car that was waiting for Richard outside the goodbye dinner?
5. Besides a bull in a china shop, what animal does Richard say suited him more?
(a) A mouse.
(b) An ox.
(c) An elephant.
(d) An ant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Richard's sister's son that he mentions in Check Six?
2. As range safety officer at Kennedy Space Center, what did Mr. Ullian have to decide?
3. During what month did Richard travel to give the report to the president of the United States?
4. What lingo did Mr. Fichtel say was used when all the conditions are satisfied and "we're ready to move to the next phase of the operation"?
5. What was the name of Richard's cousin whom he says educated him about the press?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the JPL engineers tell Richard that some of the people that worked on the engines always did on each flight?
2. What did one of the reporters from the MacNeil/Lehrer Newshour say to Richard that provided an "out" for the situation he put himself in by mistakenly providing the reporters with a copy of his report?
3. Where did Richard go when he excused himself from the rest of the guided tour of the Kennedy Space Center?
4. Why are the brakes on the shuttle controlled by the computers instead of the astronauts?
5. Richard received a call from General Kutyna one day telling him that he had some urgent news for him. What was the urgent news that General Kutyna was referring to?
6. After Richard was done speaking to General Kutyna at the Pentagon, what did he do for the rest of the day?
7. In the beginning of Check Six, how does Richard explain how he felt about the press?
8. When Richard had his press conference at Caltech, what did he find himself telling reporters over and over?
9. Which two groups did Richard spend his time helping, and which group was the one that he helped the most during the investigation?
10. What was Richard's impression about what was going to happen with the commission getting together at one point?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)