|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Richard that they also had a cousin in the press?
(a) Mr. Frank.
(b) Mr. Williams.
(c) Mr. Rogers.
(d) Mr. Sanchez.
2. What happens when a shuttle reaches 4,000 feet before landing?
(a) The pilot pushes a button to lower the landing gear.
(b) The computer lowers the landing gear.
(c) The shuttle computer decides whether to lower the landing gear or not.
(d) Someone on the ground lowers the landing gear.
3. What was the name of Richard's cousin whom he says educated him about the press?
4. The meeting that the commission attended when they first arrived in Florida lasted until when?
(a) 7:30 PM.
(b) 5:00 PM.
(c) 6:45 PM.
(d) 8:00 PM.
5. When General Kutyna and Richard left the room where they were discussing the shuttle, how many generals were waiting to use the room?
Short Answer Questions
1. As range safety officer at Kennedy Space Center, what did Mr. Ullian have to decide?
2. Who was the intermediary between Rogers, Keel, and Richard?
3. Besides a bull in a china shop, what animal does Richard say suited him more?
4. What chapter of the commission's report did Richard's group do their main work on?
5. Who served as vice-chairman on the investigation committee to the Challenger accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the commission originally going to do when they first arrived in Florida, and why was it changed?
2. What did one of the reporters from the MacNeil/Lehrer Newshour say to Richard that provided an "out" for the situation he put himself in by mistakenly providing the reporters with a copy of his report?
3. Why are the brakes on the shuttle controlled by the computers instead of the astronauts?
4. After Richard was done speaking to General Kutyna at the Pentagon, what did he do for the rest of the day?
5. What does Richard say about seeing a congressman give his opinion on something?
6. Where did Richard go when he excused himself from the rest of the guided tour of the Kennedy Space Center?
7. When the astronauts know where they're supposed to land, they have to push one of three buttons. What are these buttons for?
8. What did the JPL engineers tell Richard that some of the people that worked on the engines always did on each flight?
9. Richard received a call from General Kutyna one day telling him that he had some urgent news for him. What was the urgent news that General Kutyna was referring to?
10. How did General Kutyna describe the "check six" rule to Richard?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)