|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his way back from Brazil, where did Richard stop at?
2. Where was the place that Richard mentions that all people from New York City go in the summer?
(a) The Catskill Mountains.
(b) Fire Island.
(c) The Hamptons.
(d) Central Park.
3. In Part 1, Richard mentions an artist friend who stated that scientists take beautiful flowers apart and then the flowers become what?
4. What type of joints are sealed at the Morton Thiokol factory?
(a) Field joints.
(b) Link joints.
(c) Energy joints.
(d) Factory joints.
5. While Richard was practicing the "art" of kissing with a girl at a party, there was excitement and people start saying that someone is coming. Who were they talking about?
(b) The cops.
(c) The parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Richard's sister?
2. Richard mentions that a friend of his mother was trying to make a living during the Depression by doing what?
3. Where is the Morton Thiokol factory located?
4. When the rabbi asked Richard, "if it is so traumatic for you, why do you come to Sunday school?" What did Richard say?
5. Richard tells a story of his little boy saying that he could no longer say a particular word because his "word bag" had run out of that word. What word was it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Richard told that it was all right when one speaker at the conference went over his time limit?
2. Describe what happened when Richard showed up at Barbara's house to take her out on their date.
3. When Richard speaks about writing an essay for the regents examination, he states that his literary friends were always "throwing the bull." What does this mean, and why does Richard decide to do it?
4. Describe Richard's hotel room at the Grand Hotel in Warsaw, Poland.
5. When did Richard finally cry after his wife passed away?
6. What did Richard tell his wife about the Palace of Culture and Science?
7. How did Richard's father make the Tyrannosaurus Rex more understandable and more real to Richard when he was young?
8. What did the ballroom in the palace in Brussels look like where Richard had to wait 20 minutes for the king and queen?
9. How did William Graham, the head of NASA, know Richard?
10. What happens to the large central part of the shuttle a few minutes after a shuttle launch?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)