|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Morton Thiokol factory located?
2. When Richard's father started to read from Richard's calculus book, what did he find?
(a) That it's confusing.
(b) That they were wrong in a particular principle they are trying to teach.
(c) That he knew the author of the book.
(d) That it made perfect sense.
3. Richard wrote a letter to Gweneth from the Grand Hotel. Where was the Grand Hotel located?
(b) Warsaw, Poland.
4. Richard decided to attend a new shrine dedication; what were the kids doing during the ceremony?
(a) Saying silent prayers.
(b) Listening and taking notes.
(c) Running up and down the steps.
(d) Singing a soft song.
5. After the ceremony at the shrine dedication, Richard was introduced to whom?
(a) The Shinto priest.
(c) The head priest.
(d) The mayor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is located at the front of the space shuttle orbiter?
2. Richard mentions that a friend of his mother was trying to make a living during the Depression by doing what?
3. In Part 1, Richard mentions an artist friend who stated that scientists take beautiful flowers apart and then the flowers become what?
4. The taxi driver mentioned in Part 1: Getting Ahead said he wanted to build for the future by betting on horses. What did the taxi driver say he would buy if he won money on the horses?
5. When Richard and his father were examining the leaf that was picked off a tree he stated that the line is the beginning of what color of fly?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Richard was in graduate school at Princeton, there was a psychology paper that came up about controlling the "time sense" in the brain. How did the author of this paper test his theory?
2. What happened when Gweneth realized that she had lost a roll of film?
3. How did Richard's father make the Tyrannosaurus Rex more understandable and more real to Richard when he was young?
4. When did Richard finally cry after his wife passed away?
5. Describe Richard's hotel room at the Grand Hotel in Warsaw, Poland.
6. After Richard finished philosophizing with the taxi driver, where did the taxi driver take him?
7. Why was Richard told that it was all right when one speaker at the conference went over his time limit?
8. What did Richard's father teach him about when Richard noticed the way his ball moved in his wagon?
9. Describe what Richard looked like when he was performing one of his "experiments" and he forgot to lock the door and someone walked in on him.
10. What beauty did Richard state he could see in a flower?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)