|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Richard and his father were examining the leaf that was picked off a tree he stated that the line is the beginning of a fly with what color of wings?
2. Richard found out that the funeral for his unknown "friend" was going to be on what day?
(a) May 1st.
(b) May 3rd.
(c) May 10th.
(d) May 4th.
3. What type of joints are made at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida?
(a) Factory joints.
(b) Field joints.
(c) Link joints.
(d) Energy joints.
4. What did Richard say was the word that described the "printed pictures which had just come out in newspapers"?
5. Besides the name that Richard and Gweneth gave to their dog, what other pet name did Richard call him in his letter?
(a) Poochie Moo-moo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Richard's sister?
2. Richard talks about "contemporaries" of his that he hung out with. He mentions that Harold Gast and David Leff were what "types" of people?
3. While on a tour inside the United Nations building in Geneva, Switzerland, Richard spotted a physicist friend of his from where?
4. What is the name of the shuttle that Richard discusses in Part 2 of the book?
5. What was Richard's immediate reaction when he found out where the investigation of the shuttle accident was going to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Richard told that it was all right when one speaker at the conference went over his time limit?
2. What did Richard's father teach him about when Richard noticed the way his ball moved in his wagon?
3. When Richard was asked to give a speech after the mayor had spoken at the dedication ceremony of the shrine, what did he say?
4. Describe the auditorium in the United Nations building in Geneva, Switzerland that Richard took a tour of.
5. At the end of Part 1: The Making of a Scientist, Richard mentions his mother. What does he say about her?
6. What did Richard tell Gweneth he'd be doing for six months, and what did he do after he said this to her?
7. What did Richard tell his wife about the Palace of Culture and Science?
8. Why were there a lot of new buildings in Warsaw, Poland?
9. What did Richard's friends, Al Hibbs and Dick Davies, tell Richard he should do about being asked to be on the investigation committee of the Challenger accident?
10. What happened when Gweneth realized that she had lost a roll of film?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)