|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were the pencils that Arlene sent to Richard?
2. What was the name of Richard's sister?
3. When the solid-fuel rockets separate from the shuttle, where do they fall?
(a) They float into space.
(b) On barren land.
(c) Into the sea.
(d) Into the atmosphere and then they disintegrate.
4. What time ddid Richard say they ate dinner in Greece?
(a) Between 9:30 and 10 pm.
(b) Between 8 and 9 pm.
(c) Between 4:30 and 5 pm.
(d) Between 5 and 6 pm.
5. When Richard wanted to stay at a small inn in Iseokitsu but was discouraged by his host and by the innkeeper, Richard asked what the trouble was. What did the innkeeper tell the host the trouble is?
(a) That they are too far from the conference.
(b) That they don't speak any English.
(c) That they donot have enough room.
(d) That they don't have a Western style toilet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard looked in the garden near his room at the small family inn in Iseokitsu, he noticed what color of tree frog?
2. Who was the head of NASA who called Richard a few days after the accident?
3. Besides the name that Richard and Gweneth gave to their dog, what other pet name did Richard call him in his letter?
4. Before Richard was born, his father told his mother that "if it's a boy, he's going to be a" what?
5. Richard found out that the funeral for his unknown "friend" was going to be on what day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Richard tell Gweneth and Michelle that he had to write with a paper on his lap when he wrote his letter from the Royal Olympic Hotel in Athens?
2. What did the librarian say when Richard tried to check out the book, Calculus for the Practical Man, and who did he say the book is for?
3. When Richard was at a party with his beach crowd, what was one of the older guys teaching them in the kitchen?
4. When Richard was in graduate school at Princeton, there was a psychology paper that came up about controlling the "time sense" in the brain. How did the author of this paper test his theory?
5. Why was Richard told that it was all right when one speaker at the conference went over his time limit?
6. What did Richard's friends, Al Hibbs and Dick Davies, tell Richard he should do about being asked to be on the investigation committee of the Challenger accident?
7. What happened when Gweneth realized that she had lost a roll of film?
8. Why did Richard show the innkeeper his receipt for his reservation at the big resort hotel?
9. What did the ballroom in the palace in Brussels look like where Richard had to wait 20 minutes for the king and queen?
10. What did Richard's father teach him about when Richard noticed the way his ball moved in his wagon?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)