|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Richard's cousin working when Richard started working for the investigation committee?
2. The instruction manual to the device the ice crew used for measuring the temperatures said that the instrument must be out in the environment for at least how many minutes before using?
3. Who was in charge of the mission planning and operations group?
(a) Mr. Sutter.
(b) Dr. Ride.
(c) Mr. Rogers.
(d) General Kutyna.
4. What lingo did Mr. Fichtel say was used when all the conditions are satisfied and "we're ready to move to the next phase of the operation"?
(a) The light is green.
(b) Go for it.
(c) All systems go.
(d) Take the road.
5. What does the last computer have a program or programs for?
(a) Going up and coming down.
(b) Coming down.
(c) Keeping the shuttle in orbit.
(d) Going up.
6. When Richard and the other members of the investigation commission get to Florida they were originally going to go around Kennedy Space Center, but what happened first?
(a) They called the president of the United States.
(b) They had a news conference with reporters.
(c) They had a public meeting.
(d) They went to the hotel where everyone was staying.
7. Who was the former director of NASA who was removed from his job pending an investigation?
(a) William Graham.
(b) General Kutyna.
(c) Mr. Beggs.
(d) William Rogers.
8. What was the name of the man who took the temperature readings the morning of the launch?
(a) Charlie Stevenson.
(b) Richard Rogers.
(c) William Burns.
(d) B.K. Davis.
9. What show did Richard agree to appear on a Monday evening?
(a) The Larry King Show.
(b) The Late, Late Show.
(c) The Tonight Show.
(d) The MacNeil/Lehrer Newshour.
10. What color of cover did the report the commission actually have?
11. When Richard went to a local hardware store, what does he buy besides some pliers and a small C-clamp?
(a) A hammer.
(b) Two screwdrivers.
(c) Some wire.
(d) Some safety glasses.
12. When Charlie Stevenson was explaining the temperatures before the launch, how low of a temperature did his crew get a reading of?
(a) 8 degrees.
(b) 22 degrees.
(c) 10 degrees.
(d) 25 degrees.
13. What color of cover did the commission vote on to have on the report?
14. What was the name of Richard's cousin whom he says educated him about the press?
15. Whose idea was it to put a teacher into space?
(c) The president of the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the two beautiful blondes who were inside the sports car waiting outside the goodbye dinner?
2. What happens when a shuttle reaches 4,000 feet before landing?
3. How many days did the chairman of the committee tell everyone it would take to complete the investigation?
4. How much money was Richard allowed per day for hotel and food?
5. Whose group was present when Richard showed up at the Johnson Space Center in Houston?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)