|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color of cover did the commission vote on to have on the report?
2. After the meeting that the commission attended when they first arrived in Florida finished, where did they go next?
(a) To Kennedy Space Center.
(b) To their hotel room.
(c) To a local bar.
(d) To a dinner set up by Mr. Rogers.
3. Besides a bull in a china shop, what animal does Richard say suited him more?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A mouse.
(c) An ant.
(d) An ox.
4. Whose idea was it to put a teacher into space?
(a) The president of the United States.
5. Who was the former director of NASA who was removed from his job pending an investigation?
(a) William Rogers.
(b) William Graham.
(c) General Kutyna.
(d) Mr. Beggs.
6. When General Kutyna and Richard left the room where they were discussing the shuttle, how many generals were waiting to use the room?
7. In Check Six, Richard states that "tomorrow at 6:15" they were going to be briefed and go by special airplane to where?
(b) Kennedy Space Center.
(c) New York City.
8. What temperature did the Thiokol engineers tell NASA the shuttle shouldn't fly below?
(a) 29 degrees.
(b) 53 degrees.
(c) 92 degrees.
(d) 35 degrees.
9. As range safety officer at Kennedy Space Center, what did Mr. Ullian have to decide?
(a) Whether to put destruct charges on the shuttle or not.
(b) Whether to launch the shuttle or not.
(c) Whether to let visitors in to see the launch of the shuttle or not.
(d) How many people were to go on the shuttle.
10. Where did commission member Al Keel come from?
(a) Yale University.
(b) The White House.
(d) New York City.
11. How many days did the chairman of the committee tell everyone it would take to complete the investigation?
12. Who were the two beautiful blondes who were inside the sports car waiting outside the goodbye dinner?
(a) General Kutyna's daughters.
(c) College students.
(d) Richard's daughters.
13. Where was the press conference going to be held that Richard had his secretary set up for Tuesday?
(d) New York.
14. How does Richard describe how the shuttle gets into orbit?
(a) By the crew all pushing a button.
(c) By someone on the ground controlling the rocket.
(d) By one of the crew members pussing one button.
15. What color of cover did the report the commission actually have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were the puffs of smoke that were pictured coming out of the shuttle while it was still on the launch pad?
2. Who served as vice-chairman on the investigation committee to the Challenger accident?
3. How much of a warning does the Houston center of communication need to tie in the shuttle with a specific place?
4. What day of the week was the report released to the public?
5. How much money was Richard allowed per day for hotel and food?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)