|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Richard that they also had a cousin in the press?
(a) Mr. Sanchez.
(b) Mr. Rogers.
(c) Mr. Frank.
(d) Mr. Williams.
2. What appeared a few seconds before the main fuel tank exploded?
(a) A leak of fuel.
(b) A flame.
(c) A puff of smoke.
(d) An empty hole in the shuttle.
3. Mr. Ullian calculated how much of a chance of failure?
(a) 10 percent.
(b) 1 percent.
(c) 1/8 percent.
(d) 1/2 percent.
4. Where was Richard's cousin working when Richard started working for the investigation committee?
5. When Charlie Stevenson was explaining the temperatures before the launch, how low of a temperature did his crew get a reading of?
(a) 25 degrees.
(b) 22 degrees.
(c) 10 degrees.
(d) 8 degrees.
6. Richard states in Check Six, that his name was in the newspaper every day as a result of what?
(a) Him being nice to the reporters.
(b) Having a likeable face.
(c) Being related to a writer for the newspaper.
(d) Being straight.
7. What was the name of Richard's cousin whom he says educated him about the press?
8. Besides a bull in a china shop, what animal does Richard say suited him more?
(a) A mouse.
(b) An ant.
(c) An ox.
(d) An elephant.
9. Richard asked to speak with engineers about the engines on the shuttle, and they explained what by saying it's a "pressure-induced vorticity oscillatory wa-wa"?
(a) A puff of smoke.
(b) A red alert siren.
(c) A rising flame.
(d) A whistle.
10. Who was the head of the investigation commission of the Challenger accident?
(a) Dick Davies.
(b) William P. Rogers.
(c) Al Hibbs.
(d) William Graham.
11. The meeting that the commission attended when they first arrived in Florida lasted until when?
(a) 6:45 PM.
(b) 8:00 PM.
(c) 7:30 PM.
(d) 5:00 PM.
12. Instead of the NASA building being on 8th Street as had been written, what street was it actually located on?
(a) 9th Street.
(b) Hay Street.
(c) H Street.
(d) I Street.
13. How many days did the chairman of the committee tell everyone it would take to complete the investigation?
14. How much money was Richard allowed per day for hotel and food?
15. What is the name of Richard's sister's son that he mentions in Check Six?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the paper located that had leaked the news that Richard had threatened to take his name off the report?
2. Where did commission member Al Keel come from?
3. How many pins hold together the sections of the rocket?
4. Where was the ceremony held where the commission delivered its report to the president?
5. After the meeting that the commission attended when they first arrived in Florida finished, where did they go next?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)