|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the Grand Hotel where Richard was staying?
(a) 50 years old.
(b) 26 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 3 years old.
2. In Part 1: Getting Ahead, Richard was returning from Brazil by what?
3. Richard talks about "contemporaries" of his that he hung out with. He mentions that Robert Stapler was what type of person?
(a) Math type.
(b) Sports type.
(c) Scientific type.
(d) Literary type.
4. When Richard looked in the garden near his room at the small family inn in Iseokitsu, he noticed what color of tree frog?
5. Who accompanied Richard on his trip to Kyoto?
(a) His son, Carl.
(c) His daughter, Michelle.
6. Richard talked about himself and Murray keeping each other awake on the plane arguing, but then they woke up over where?
7. The head of NASA had worked at the Hughes Aircraft Company where Richard had given lectures on which day of the week?
8. Every time the university mentioned in question #55 would ask Richard to come speak, what happened?
(a) They would have to cancel because of scheduling conflicts.
(b) Richard would get sick.
(c) They wouldn't have room on their itinerary.
(d) Richard would have a conference he was busy at.
9. Why did Richard feel uncomfortable accepting the invitation of the university to come and visit?
(a) Because he had turned them down so many times.
(b) Because he had no paper to give.
(c) Because he didn't like to travel.
(d) Because he had never been there before.
10. What color were the pencils that Arlene sent to Richard?
11. The first time Richard ever said anything to the most popular girl at school was where?
(a) In class.
(b) During lunch break.
(c) At a dance.
(d) In a park.
12. Richard was so sensitive about being a sissy that it even bothered him to buy what snacks from the market?
(a) Peppermint Patties and Toasted Dainties.
(b) Toasted Dainties and Lady Fingers.
(c) Bon-Bons and Lady Fingers.
(d) Pink cupcakes and Peppermint Patties.
13. Richard states that he joined a specific group because Arlene had joined that group. What kind of group was it?
(a) A ballet group.
(b) A speech group.
(c) A math group.
(d) An art group.
14. When Richard was little and in a high chair, what did his father bring home for him to play with that were of various colors?
(c) Bathroom tiles.
15. While on a tour inside the United Nations building in Geneva, Switzerland, Richard spotted a physicist friend of his from where?
(d) The U.S.A.
Short Answer Questions
1. There are joints that hold sections of the shuttle together. How many different types of joints are there?
2. While Richard watched the dedication ceremony of a shrine, who tapped him on the shoulder?
3. Richard received a letter from a feminist group after a few of his lectures were published. What was Richard's short reply to this letter?
4. The taxi driver mentioned in Part 1: Getting Ahead said he wanted to build for the future by betting on horses. What did the taxi driver say he would buy if he won money on the horses?
5. What time ddid Richard say they ate dinner in Greece?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)