|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard tells a story of his little boy saying that he could no longer say a particular word because his "word bag" had run out of that word. What word was it?
2. In what year did the space shuttle accident occur?
3. When the solid-fuel rockets separate from the shuttle, where do they fall?
(a) Into the atmosphere and then they disintegrate.
(b) They float into space.
(c) Into the sea.
(d) On barren land.
4. In Part 1: Hotel City, Richard mentions going on a tour inside the United Nations building in Geneva, Switzerland. What kind of handles did the big auditorium doors have?
5. On his way back from Brazil, where did Richard stop at?
6. When Richard was a small boy, what did his father read to him?
(a) The Adventures of Huck Finn.
(b) The dictionary.
(c) The bible.
(d) The Encyclopaedia Britannica.
7. When Richard looked in the garden near his room at the small family inn in Iseokitsu, he noticed what color of tree frog?
8. Richard received a letter from a feminist group after a few of his lectures were published. What was Richard's short reply to this letter?
(a) "Don't bug me, man!"
(b) "Please stop the nonsense!"
(c) "I've never heard of a woman scientist who knows more than me."
(d) "What are you talking about?"
9. What did Richard say was the word that described the "printed pictures which had just come out in newspapers"?
10. When Richard joined the same group as Arlene, he found out that she had a boyfriend named what?
11. When Richard took his first date out, what did they talk about playing?
(a) The piano.
(d) Freeze tag.
12. While Richard was practicing the "art" of kissing with a girl at a party, there was excitement and people start saying that someone is coming. Who were they talking about?
(a) The cops.
(c) The parents.
13. In Part 1: Getting Ahead, Richard was returning from Brazil by what?
14. There are joints that hold sections of the shuttle together. How many different types of joints are there?
15. Besides telling the speakers when to stop, what other duty did Richard's co-chairmen perform?
(a) Making sure Richard was always comfortable.
(b) Writing notes.
(c) Introducing the speakers.
(d) Telling the next speaker when to start.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people lost their lives on the space shuttle?
2. When Richard was attending graduate school, a guy walked in on him holding a pot in one hand and stirring with the other. What was in the pot that Richard was stirring?
3. The first time Richard ever said anything to the most popular girl at school was where?
4. Where is the Morton Thiokol factory located?
5. When Richard was little and in a high chair, what did his father bring home for him to play with that were of various colors?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)