|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Check Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the rabbi asked Richard, "if it is so traumatic for you, why do you come to Sunday school?" What did Richard say?
(a) "Because my parents make me."
(b) "Because I'm lost."
(c) "Because religion is still a part of me."
(d) "Because I want to please God."
2. Richard tells a story of his little boy saying that he could no longer say a particular word because his "word bag" had run out of that word. What word was it?
3. There are joints that hold sections of the shuttle together. How many different types of joints are there?
4. When Richard went to a local hardware store, what does he buy besides some pliers and a small C-clamp?
(a) Two screwdrivers.
(b) A hammer.
(c) Some safety glasses.
(d) Some wire.
5. What type of joints are made at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida?
(a) Energy joints.
(b) Link joints.
(c) Factory joints.
(d) Field joints.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard attended a meeting of physicists organized by John Wheeler, what was the name of the country club where they held the meetings?
2. Where was the place that Richard mentions that all people from New York City go in the summer?
3. Besides the name that Richard and Gweneth gave to their dog, what other pet name did Richard call him in his letter?
4. Richard talks about "contemporaries" of his that he hung out with. He mentions that Harold Gast and David Leff were what "types" of people?
5. How many solid-fuel rockets help boost the shuttle for a few minutes before they separate from the shuttle?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)