|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Simple as 1, 2,3; Getting Ahead; Hotel City; Who Is Herman; Sexist Pig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard went away to college after completing high school, where did he go?
2. While Richard and his father were examining the leaf that was picked off a tree he stated that the line is the beginning of a fly with what color of wings?
3. Where was the place that Richard mentions that all people from New York City go in the summer?
(a) The Hamptons.
(b) The Catskill Mountains.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Fire Island.
4. In Part 1, Richard mentions kids playing in a field and one of them asking Richard to name a particular bird. What kind of bird did the child tell Richard the bird was?
(a) A red-crested woodpecker.
(b) A robin.
(c) A brown-throated thrush.
(d) A Spencer's warbler.
5. The first time Richard ever said anything to the most popular girl at school was where?
(a) In class.
(b) In a park.
(c) During lunch break.
(d) At a dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Richard was attending graduate school, a guy walked in on him holding a pot in one hand and stirring with the other. What was in the pot that Richard was stirring?
2. After Richard graduated from college where did he decide to further his education?
3. Richard mentions that a friend of his mother was trying to make a living during the Depression by doing what?
4. When Richard and his father were examining the leaf that was picked off a tree he stated that the line is the beginning of what color of fly?
5. When Richard talks about getting older and taking up reading and drawing, he mentions that he has limited what?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)