|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Simple as 1, 2,3; Getting Ahead; Hotel City; Who Is Herman; Sexist Pig.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Richard and his father were examining the leaf that was picked off a tree he stated that the line is the beginning of what color of fly?
2. Richard tells a story of his little boy saying that he could no longer say a particular word because his "word bag" had run out of that word. What word was it?
3. When Arlene was in the hospital in Albuquerque, why did she have a little charcoal broiler in her room?
(a) To make steaks.
(b) To make it more like home.
(c) To keep it warm.
(d) To give to Richard as a gift.
4. When Richard was walking his first date home, he complimented her on her pretty what?
5. In Part 1: Getting Ahead, Richard was returning from Brazil by what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Richard mentions an artist friend who stated that scientists take beautiful flowers apart and then the flowers become what?
2. Richard stated that when he was a kid growing up in Far Rockaway, he and his friend, Bernie, both had what in their homes?
3. Where was the place that Richard mentions that all people from New York City go in the summer?
4. The taxi driver mentioned in Part 1: Getting Ahead said he wanted to build for the future by betting on horses. What did the taxi driver say he would buy if he won money on the horses?
5. The first time Richard ever said anything to the most popular girl at school was where?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)