|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: I Just Shook His Hand.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard decided to attend a new shrine dedication; what were the kids doing during the ceremony?
(a) Running up and down the steps.
(b) Listening and taking notes.
(c) Singing a soft song.
(d) Saying silent prayers.
2. What did Richard say Arlene played beautifully?
(a) The harp.
(b) The violin.
(c) The cello.
(d) The piano.
3. What did Richard invite his first date to do with him?
(a) Go to the movies.
(b) Go out to eat at a fancy restaurant.
(c) Go to a dance.
(d) Go to a play.
4. Richard talks about "contemporaries" of his that he hung out with. He mentions that Harold Gast and David Leff were what "types" of people?
(a) Sports types.
(b) Literary types.
(c) Math types.
(d) Scientific types.
5. In Part 1: Hotel City, Richard mentions going on a tour inside the United Nations building in Geneva, Switzerland. What kind of handles did the big auditorium doors have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Richard tells a story about an old friend in Los Alamos calling him to tell him some sad news. The sad news was that who had died?
2. What was the bathtub made out of at the inn in Iseokitsu?
3. When the rabbi asked Richard, "if it is so traumatic for you, why do you come to Sunday school?" What did Richard say?
4. What color were the pencils that Arlene sent to Richard?
5. When Richard went away to college after completing high school, where did he go?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)