Part 1: The Making of a Scientist
1. In Part 1, Richard mentions an artist friend who stated that scientists take beautiful flowers apart and then the flowers become what?
2. When Richard talks about getting older and taking up reading and drawing, he mentions that he has limited what?
3. Before Richard was born, his father told his mother that "if it's a boy, he's going to be a" what?
4. When Richard was little and in a high chair, what did his father bring home for him to play with that were of various colors?
(c) Bathroom tiles.
5. When Richard was a small boy, what did his father read to him?
(a) The Adventures of Huck Finn.
(b) The bible.
(c) The Encyclopaedia Britannica.
(d) The dictionary.
6. Where was the place that Richard mentions that all people from New York City go in the summer?
(a) The Hamptons.
(b) Fire Island.
(c) The Catskill Mountains.
(d) Central Park.
This section contains 4,901 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)