|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Pulaski think she should have a bigger share of the inheritance?
2. Who is Barney Northrup?
3. What discovery did Chris Theodorakis make while birdwatching?
4. How was Mr. Westing's corpse found?
5. Why was Angela upset and crying at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of letter did the tenants of Sunset Towers receive, and what did it instruct them to do?
2. Why did Sydelle want Angela to dress as her twin for the party?
3. Why was Mrs. Hoo missing from the group of heirs, and what did this indicate about her daily life?
4. Why were the tenants purchasing so many Westing Paper Products?
5. What parting instructions were given to the heirs at the first reading of the first part of Westing's Will?
6. How didTurtle feel about Dr. Deere, Angela's fiance?
7. What did the newspaperman find out about George Theodorakis?
8. What did the Wexlers think about the apartment shown to them?
9. What did the newspaperman find out about Mr. Hoo?
10. What did the fireman and policeman say caused the explosion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Each heir that played the game changed in ways that might be unexpected. Analyze how each heir changed over the course of the game. How did working on the puzzle, working with the partner they had, and having the $10,000 at their disposal bring about certain changes?
Essay Topic 2
One of the devices in novel writing is to show growth/changes in the characters. In the Westing Game, the characters are somewhat equally important. Choose any one character and fully discuss that character's growth over the course of the novel. Be sure to show examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Crow and Grace Wexler. What do they have in common, what is different about them? How do their personalities compare?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)