|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Angela think Turtle's "crutch" was?
2. Several people are mentioned as limping. What is the reason given?
3. Where was the next bomb planned to be?
4. What mystery did Westing reveal in the Will?
5. What clever idea did Mrs. Wexler have for Hoo's restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two things did Turtle find in the mansion on Halloween night?
2. How did Turtle get her nickname?
3. Describe the appearance of the six apartments in the Sunset Towers building.
4. What two unusual things happened at the supposed empty Westing Mansion?
5. What sort of letter did the tenants of Sunset Towers receive, and what did it instruct them to do?
6. What did the Wexlers think about the apartment shown to them?
7. At the first reading of the Will, what did Ed Plum give to each pair of heirs?
8. Why did Sydelle want Angela to dress as her twin for the party?
9. How didTurtle feel about Dr. Deere, Angela's fiance?
10. What did the fireman and policeman say caused the explosion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Crow and Grace Wexler. What do they have in common, what is different about them? How do their personalities compare?
Essay Topic 2
Deductive reasoning is a technique for taking meaning from a work of literature. It involves logic: the conclusion drawn when fact one relates in a certain way to fact two. However, often an invalid logic statement results when fact one and fact two are not true. The conclusion is therefore not true, though the relationship between the first two facts is logical. Find an example of such a situation in the novel and discuss it fully.
Essay Topic 3
Each heir that played the game changed in ways that might be unexpected. Analyze how each heir changed over the course of the game. How did working on the puzzle, working with the partner they had, and having the $10,000 at their disposal bring about certain changes?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)