|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Turtle get into Westing Mansion?
2. What is one trait of the Sunset Towers apartment building?
3. Several people are mentioned as limping. What is the reason given?
4. What was the problem with Turtle's and Flora's investigation by Chapter 15?
5. Which of the following is not true of the Westing Mansion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mr. Hoo laugh when Grace suggested that her husband was doing his bookkeeping?
2. What did the fireman and policeman say caused the explosion?
3. What happened at the shower that was significant to the mystery?
4. The second time the heirs signed the receipt for their invitation, they changed the description of the position they were signing as. Why was this?
5. How did Turtle and Flora differ in their interpretation of what it meant to "Buy Westing Paper Products?"
6. What sort of letter did the tenants of Sunset Towers receive, and what did it instruct them to do?
7. What parting instructions were given to the heirs at the first reading of the first part of Westing's Will?
8. What did Wexler say he knew that no one else did?
9. What did the newspaperman find out about Mr. Hoo?
10. Why had Turtle and Theo decided against having children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Crow and Grace Wexler. What do they have in common, what is different about them? How do their personalities compare?
Essay Topic 2
How can you tell that Sam Westing knew some of the heirs pretty well? Give examples to support your answer. Be sure to include the pairing of the heirs in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
One of the devices in novel writing is to show growth/changes in the characters. In the Westing Game, the characters are somewhat equally important. Choose any one character and fully discuss that character's growth over the course of the novel. Be sure to show examples from the text to support your answer.
This section contains 1,840 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)