|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Hoo think caused the explosion in the kitchen of the coffee shop?
2. What was the problem with Turtle's and Flora's investigation by Chapter 15?
3. What mystery did Westing reveal in the Will?
4. Why did this one pair of heirs not receive their money?
5. How did Turtle get into Westing Mansion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Grace Wexler do that Mr. Wexler anticipated her to do and this included in the Will?
2. Why was Chris watching legs from his wheelchair?
3. What did the newspaperman find out about George Theodorakis?
4. Why did Angela become upset when everyone continually asked about Denton?
5. What did the fireman and policeman say caused the explosion?
6. Why did Mr. Hoo laugh when Grace suggested that her husband was doing his bookkeeping?
7. What parting instructions were given to the heirs at the first reading of the first part of Westing's Will?
8. What did the newspaperman find out about Mr. Hoo?
9. Why were the tenants purchasing so many Westing Paper Products?
10. Describe the appearance of the six apartments in the Sunset Towers building.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why do you think Turtle keeps Westing's secret after she discovers it? Do you think she was right or wrong for her actions? Defend you opinion with facts from the book about the various characters and how the knowledge of the secret might affect them.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Crow and Grace Wexler. What do they have in common, what is different about them? How do their personalities compare?
Essay Topic 3
Each heir that played the game changed in ways that might be unexpected. Analyze how each heir changed over the course of the game. How did working on the puzzle, working with the partner they had, and having the $10,000 at their disposal bring about certain changes?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)