|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did this one pair of heirs not receive their money?
2. What is the significance of the limp that is mentioned?
3. Who did Turtle say her mother thought stole the shorthand notebook?
4. What did Angela do when she disguised herself in Chapter 14?
5. In Chapter 13, who did Flora say Angela looked like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sydelle Pulaski walk with a gaily painted crutch, and for what reason did she claim to need it?
2. What two things did Turtle find in the mansion on Halloween night?
3. Why did Angela search under the hoods of the cars in the parking lot?
4. Why did Mr. Hoo laugh when Grace suggested that her husband was doing his bookkeeping?
5. What did the newspaperman find out about Mr. Hoo?
6. Why did Sydelle want Angela to dress as her twin for the party?
7. What did Turtle mean by the expression, "Paper losses. . .doesn't mean a thing"?
8. How did Turtle get her nickname?
9. At the first reading of the Will, what did Ed Plum give to each pair of heirs?
10. What happened in the coffee shop when the heirs were having a meeting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were many heirs that Sam Westing owed something to, either an apology or restitution in some way. Why would he choose to make restitution in the manner he did? Why not just meet the characters face-to-face and resolve their differences? Use clues given about Westing as a character that leads to understanding of his reasons for choosing the manner he did.
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Turtle keeps Westing's secret after she discovers it? Do you think she was right or wrong for her actions? Defend you opinion with facts from the book about the various characters and how the knowledge of the secret might affect them.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Crow and Grace Wexler. What do they have in common, what is different about them? How do their personalities compare?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)