|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Turtle say her mother thought stole the shorthand notebook?
2. What unique idea did Otis Amber have about Westing's murder?
3. Which two residents of Sunset Towers did not go to the reading of the Will?
4. Why did Mr. Hoo laugh when Mrs. Wexler said Turtle was helping Dr. Wexler with his bookkeeping?
5. Each of the pairs of heirs gained something from their partner. What did Turtle gain from her partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Turtle get her nickname?
2. What did Grace Wexler do that Mr. Wexler anticipated her to do and this included in the Will?
3. When did the second bomb go off?
4. Why did Angela search under the hoods of the cars in the parking lot?
5. What two unusual things happened at the supposed empty Westing Mansion?
6. Why did Mr. Hoo laugh when Grace suggested that her husband was doing his bookkeeping?
7. How didTurtle feel about Dr. Deere, Angela's fiance?
8. What sort of letter did the tenants of Sunset Towers receive, and what did it instruct them to do?
9. Describe the appearance of the six apartments in the Sunset Towers building.
10. Why did Sydelle want Angela to dress as her twin for the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ellen Raskin has stated that the character she most identifies with from the novel is Angela. However, Turtle develops into being the main character. Why is Turtle the best choice to be the main character? Give examples from the book as to why Turtle makes the best main character. What about some of the other characters and their feelings about Westing? How would that make them not the most likely main character? Give examples from the novel about how Turtle feels about Westing in all his disguises.
Essay Topic 2
How can you tell that Sam Westing knew some of the heirs pretty well? Give examples to support your answer. Be sure to include the pairing of the heirs in your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The pairings of the heirs is very unusual. In what ways are the pairings not what might be expected? How did they work out better than anticipated? Chris said that everyone had the perfect partner. Choose 3 partnerships and explain how they were perfect in an expository essay. If you don't think they were perfect, discuss the reasons for your opinion.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)