|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Judge Ford believe must be protected and why?
(a) Sandy, because he drank on the job.
(b) Berthe Crow because she believed Crow is Westing's ex-wife.
(c) Berthe Crow, because she killed Westing's daughter.
(d) The lawyer, because he knew Westing's secrets.
2. What was Grace Wexler's attitude toward Turtle at the end of the book?
(a) She still treated her like an unwanted stepchild.
(b) She was angry at Turtle for breaking up Angela and Dr. Deere and refused to speak to her.
(c) She no longer recognized Turtle as her daughter.
(d) She was proud of Turtle, who was becoming a lawyer.
3. What did Turtle find out about Sandy after the game ends?
(a) That he actually won the game but didn't tell anyone what he found out.
(b) That he was actually an alcoholic.
(c) That he did indeed die of a heart attack.
(d) That he was actually alive and living as Eastman.
4. What did Otis mean by the phrase, "The turtle's lost its tail"?
(a) Turtle had been caught as the bomber.
(b) Turtle had her braid cut off.
(c) Turtle was dejected because she lost in the stock market.
(d) Turtle was upset because she couldn't solve the mystery.
5. What did the heirs receive in their envelopes at the second reading of the Will?
(a) Two additional clues.
(b) New partner assignments.
(c) A second check for $10,000.
(d) Directions for finding more clues.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Turtle think that it would be a good idea to call Flora Baumbach by another name?
2. Why did Sydelle Pulaski throw her crutches into the air?
3. What did Mr. Hoo promise his business partner in Chapter 27?
4. Who did Judge Ford think was actually in the coffin?
5. Who did Sydelle think the third bomber is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the surprise that, when found out, had Turtle calling everyone a liar?
2. What did Turtle do that made her the winner of the two million dollars?
3. Why did the Judge Ford warn Sandy that they needed to keep their wits about them in Chapter 24?
4. What happened at the shower that was significant to the mystery?
5. Why was Turtle so happy at the last meeting of the heirs?
6. What did Mr. Hoo do that convinced Crow he couldn't be the bomber?
7. Why had Turtle and Theo decided against having children?
8. Why did George Theodorakis falter while telling the story of Violet Westing?
9. What did Turtle suddenly realize about the winning clue in Chapter 26?
10. What confession did Turtle finally make that changed the way Judge Ford looked at the Westing game?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)