|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Theo think Otis is the murderer?
(a) When he pus his clues together, the leftover letters spelled Otis.
(b) He knew Otis had a grudge against Mr. Westing.
(c) Otis acted very suspicious when Mrs. Wexler asked him a simple question and Theo overheard them.
(d) He saw Otis leaving the scene of one of the bombings.
2. What did Turtle find out about Sandy after the game ends?
(a) That he did indeed die of a heart attack.
(b) That he was actually an alcoholic.
(c) That he actually won the game but didn't tell anyone what he found out.
(d) That he was actually alive and living as Eastman.
3. In Chapter 19, who did Otis Amber accuse of being responsible for the bombings?
(a) Mrs. Wexler.
(b) Turtle Wexler.
(c) Judge Ford.
(d) Mr. Hoo.
4. Who did Judge Ford think the heirs needed to protect?
(b) The doorman.
(c) Barney Northrup.
(d) Sam Westing's ex-wife.
5. Why was Theo in the hospital?
(a) He had a bicycle accident.
(b) He was hurt in a chemistry experiment explosion.
(c) He was hurt when someone hit him in the elevator.
(d) He was hurt when setting one of the bombs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual fact did Judge Ford find out about Mrs. Wexler?
2. At the second meeting of the heirs for the reading of the Will, what did Turtle convince Angela not to do?
3. Who got married in Hoo's Restaurant?
4. Which heir did Judge Ford believe was actually Sam Westing?
5. Why did Dr. Deere take Chris to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Wexler's attitude suddenly change toward Turtle at the end of the novel?
2. What happened to convince Judge Ford that Sandy was indeed Mr. Westing?
3. What clues indicate to the reader that the heirs were jittery and nervous after the repeated bombings?
4. Why did the Judge Ford warn Sandy that they needed to keep their wits about them in Chapter 24?
5. What was the surprise that, when found out, had Turtle calling everyone a liar?
6. Why was there to be no liquor served at Crow and Otis Amber's wedding?
7. Who was Rosalie and how did she die?
8. What happened at the shower that was significant to the mystery?
9. The second time the heirs signed the receipt for their invitation, they changed the description of the position they were signing as. Why was this?
10. What confession did Turtle finally make that changed the way Judge Ford looked at the Westing game?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)