|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Westing's will give Crow?
(a) The deed to Sunset Towers.
(c) Two million dollars.
(d) A special commorative watch of his.
2. How was Judge Ford connected to Mr. Westing?
(a) Her parents worked for Mr. Westing.
(b) She worked in his factory for years.
(c) She had worked as his lawyer.
(d) She was his daughter.
3. What did the judge learn about Mr. Westing that made her think he would look different now?
(a) His face was injured in the accident and he had plastic surgery.
(b) He had let his hair grow long and had gotten false teeth.
(c) He was living on the streets as a bum.
(d) He had started wearing a disguise.
4. Which heir did Judge Ford believe was actually Sam Westing?
(b) Mrs. Wexler.
5. At the time Sandy died and Turtle tried to discover the mystery heir, which were the only three heirs Otis Amber had not investigated?
(a) Turtle, Angela, and Chris.
(b) Denton Deere, Crow, and Sandy.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Hoo and Sandy.
(d) Sydelle Pulsaski, Dr. Wexler, and Turtle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did George Theodorakis falter while telling the story of Violet Westing?
2. What did Theo discover when he analyzed his clues?
3. Who were the only two people in the group of heirs that Crow cared about?
4. What did Turtle say she saw Crow put in Sandy's flask?
5. Why did Turtle think that it would be a good idea to call Flora Baumbach by another name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Beside the identity of Sam Westing, what other identities did Westing take?
2. What happened to convince Judge Ford that Sandy was indeed Mr. Westing?
3. What was the surprise that, when found out, had Turtle calling everyone a liar?
4. Why did the Judge Ford warn Sandy that they needed to keep their wits about them in Chapter 24?
5. What happened at the shower that was significant to the mystery?
6. The second time the heirs signed the receipt for their invitation, they changed the description of the position they were signing as. Why was this?
7. After examining all her information for the newspaperman, who did Judge Ford believe must be protected from Westing's mischief and why did she think this?
8. Why had Turtle and Theo decided against having children?
9. Why was Turtle so happy at the last meeting of the heirs?
10. Why did Mrs. Wexler's attitude suddenly change toward Turtle at the end of the novel?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)