|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Westing's will give Crow?
(a) Two million dollars.
(b) The deed to Sunset Towers.
(d) A special commorative watch of his.
2. Why was Theo in the hospital?
(a) He was hurt in a chemistry experiment explosion.
(b) He had a bicycle accident.
(c) He was hurt when setting one of the bombs.
(d) He was hurt when someone hit him in the elevator.
3. Why did Judge Ford decide to move her investigation away from the Westings and onto the heirs?
(a) She couldn't get private information released about the Westings.
(b) She decided that is the best way to discover the true heir.
(c) She saw the possible bomber coming out of the Wexler's apartment and decided to investigate that.
(d) She knew who the murderer was.
4. Using the clues provided, and accounting for the missing words, who did Sydelle Pulaski announce as the murderer?
(a) Grace Wexler.
(b) James Shin Hoo.
(c) Berthe Erica Crow.
(d) Otis Amber.
5. What did the judge learn about Mr. Westing that made her think he would look different now?
(a) His face was injured in the accident and he had plastic surgery.
(b) He had let his hair grow long and had gotten false teeth.
(c) He had started wearing a disguise.
(d) He was living on the streets as a bum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sydelle Pulaski throw her crutches into the air?
2. What indication was there that the heirs were jittery?
3. When they could no longer work as partners, what did Theo suggest the heirs do?
4. What did Turtle confess to the judge in Chapter 21?
5. What finally happened about Chris's medical problems?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was there to be no liquor served at Crow and Otis Amber's wedding?
2. What happened that meant Mrs. Hoo no longer had to wear dresses with splits, or cook any longer?
3. What realization did Judge Ford suddenly make that convinced her that Westing was still alive?
4. What happened at/to the Westing house at the end of the game?
5. What did Turtle suddenly realize about the winning clue in Chapter 26?
6. Beside the identity of Sam Westing, what other identities did Westing take?
7. What did Mr. Hoo do that convinced Crow he couldn't be the bomber?
8. How did Judge Ford react when told by Sandy that Jake Wexler was a bookie?
9. The second time the heirs signed the receipt for their invitation, they changed the description of the position they were signing as. Why was this?
10. When Julian R. Eastman died, who else died with him?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)