|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Judge Ford describe Mrs. Wexler?
(a) As a controlling busybody.
(b) As a social climber.
(c) As a sophisticated lady.
(d) As a beautiful matron.
2. What happened to the elevator of Sunset Towers?
(a) It was turned into a bulletin board.
(b) It became a meeting place for sharing clues among pairs.
(c) It broke down and wasn't repaired for some time.
(d) A person was murdered in it.
3. Mrs. Wexler had plans for the entire $10,000 that she and Mr. Hoo got. What was her plan?
(a) To buy each of the others' clues.
(b) To invest it wisely so they wouldn't really need the inheritance.
(c) To redecorate the restaurant with her as the decorator.
(d) To use it to make Angela's wedding the best ever, and spend most of it at Hoo's restaurant for the reception.
4. What is one trait of the Sunset Towers apartment building?
(a) It had only one apartment left to rent when the notes went out.
(b) Each apartment has a view of the Westing Mansion.
(c) It faces the West toward the sunset.
(d) It has four towers, one on each corner.
5. What is strange about the Westing House?
(a) It is supposed to be empty but has smoke coming out of the chimney.
(b) Mr. Westing is found dead in it.
(c) Kids live in it all alone.
(d) It has reflective windows all around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important clue did Theo give Angela?
2. What did Judge Ford lose that she posted a wanted sign for?
3. Why did Mr. Hoo decide to stay as a guest for the party he was also catering?
4. Why did this one pair of heirs not receive their money?
5. Why did Turtle run out of the mansion after only eleven minutes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of letter did the tenants of Sunset Towers receive, and what did it instruct them to do?
2. What did Wexler say he knew that no one else did?
3. What story did Sandy and Otis tell about the Westing Mansion?
4. What did the Wexlers think about the apartment shown to them?
5. How did Turtle think Westing meant for them to use the $10,000? What clues from the Will lead her to believe that?
6. What two things did Turtle find in the mansion on Halloween night?
7. What particular trait do several of the characters share making it possible that the person seen going into the mansion by Chris could be any one of them?
8. What did Grace Wexler do that Mr. Wexler anticipated her to do and this included in the Will?
9. Why did Angela become upset when everyone continually asked about Denton?
10. How didTurtle feel about Dr. Deere, Angela's fiance?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)