|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first to be shown an apartment in Sunset Towers?
(a) Barney Northrup.
(b) Dr. and Mrs. Wexler.
(c) Sydelle Pulaski.
2. Which of the following did not happen to Westing?
(a) He was killed by a relative.
(b) He had a daughter that he lost track of.
(c) He was found in the bedroom of Westing Mansion.
(d) He had a note beside him on the bed.
3. Angela showed her affection for her sister in what way?
(a) She offered to hem her costume for her.
(b) She always agreed with whatever her sister wanted.
(c) She encouraged Turtle in her wild schemes.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
4. Why was Turtle in Westing Mansion?
(a) It was Halloween and she wanted to discount the story of a ghost.
(b) It was Halloween and she wanted to see the ghost that was supposed to be there.
(c) She and her friends decided to trick everyone on Halloween and pretend to be ghosts.
(d) She was staying there because of a bet in which she would earn $2 for each minute she stayed there.
5. How long did it take for all the apartments and offices in the Sunset Towers to be rented out?
(a) They weren't all rented.
(b) Six days.
(c) A week.
(d) One day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Angela and Mrs. Pulaski dress alike to go to the party?
2. Which two residents of Sunset Towers did not go to the reading of the Will?
3. Who is Barney Northrup?
4. On their third snowbound day, what decision did the heirs face?
5. What did Angela do when she disguised herself in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Judge Ford surprised at McSouthers' description of Mrs. Westing?
2. What two things did Turtle find in the mansion on Halloween night?
3. How did Turtle get her nickname?
4. Why did Angela become upset when everyone continually asked about Denton?
5. What did the newspaperman find out about George Theodorakis?
6. What happened in the coffee shop when the heirs were having a meeting?
7. Why did Mr. Hoo laugh when Grace suggested that her husband was doing his bookkeeping?
8. How did Turtle think Westing meant for them to use the $10,000? What clues from the Will lead her to believe that?
9. What story did Sandy and Otis tell about the Westing Mansion?
10. Why did Sydelle want Angela to dress as her twin for the party?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)