|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Chapter 7?
(a) In the lawyer's office.
(b) The book doesn't say.
(c) In the game room of Westing House.
(d) In the restaurant in Sunset Towers.
2. How did Mrs. Sydelle get hurt?
(a) From the explosion in Hoo's kitchen.
(b) She slid on the ice.
(c) She fell in the elevator while reading the notices.
(d) Someone pushed her down in the hall and disappeared.
3. Why was Angela upset and crying at the party?
(a) She was tired of her mother running everything for her.
(b) Someone said something nasty to her.
(c) She had lost her clues.
(d) He fiance had broke up with her.
4. What did Turtle want so badly that she was willing to accept a bet to stay in the Westing Mansion?
(a) A new video game.
(b) A new outfit for school that matched one that her best friend had.
(c) A new bicycle.
(d) A year's subscription to the Wall Street Journal.
5. What did Sandy the doorman do every time he delivered a present for Angela's shower?
(a) He yelled, "Where is everyone?"
(b) He told Mrs. Wexler that he and his partner had the answer to the mystery.
(c) He yelled, "Boom!" because of the bombs.
(d) He asked Mrs. Wexler if she had any idea who the killer was.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Madame Hoo not attend the reading of the Will?
2. What discovery did Chris Theodorakis make while birdwatching?
3. How did Judge Ford describe Mrs. Wexler?
4. Mrs. Wexler had plans for the entire $10,000 that she and Mr. Hoo got. What was her plan?
5. What did Mr. Hoo think caused the explosion in the kitchen of the coffee shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Mr. Hoo laugh when Grace suggested that her husband was doing his bookkeeping?
2. How did Turtle get her nickname?
3. What particular trait do several of the characters share making it possible that the person seen going into the mansion by Chris could be any one of them?
4. Why was Mrs. Hoo missing from the group of heirs, and what did this indicate about her daily life?
5. Why did Sydelle Pulaski walk with a gaily painted crutch, and for what reason did she claim to need it?
6. Describe the appearance of the six apartments in the Sunset Towers building.
7. What parting instructions were given to the heirs at the first reading of the first part of Westing's Will?
8. What did Wexler say he knew that no one else did?
9. How did Turtle and Flora differ in their interpretation of what it meant to "Buy Westing Paper Products?"
10. How didTurtle feel about Dr. Deere, Angela's fiance?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)