|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mrs. Pulaski think she should have a bigger share of the inheritance?
(a) She was the only one who took notes on the clues in the Will.
(b) She was the wife of Mr. Westing.
(c) She used to work for Mr. Westing.
(d) She solved most of the puzzle with her clues.
2. Which two residents of Sunset Towers did not go to the reading of the Will?
(a) Turtle and Angela.
(b) Dr. and Mrs. Wexler.
(c) Turtle and Chris.
(d) Dr. Wexler and Madame Hoo.
3. What discovery did Chris Theodorakis make while birdwatching?
(a) He saw Mr. Westing coming out of the Mansion.
(b) He found a purple marlin on the roof of the Mansion.
(c) He saw a person with a limp going into Westing Mansion.
(d) He saw Turtle and the gang getting ready to go into the Mansion.
4. What did Judge Ford lose that she posted a wanted sign for?
(a) Her clues.
(b) Her check for $10,000.
(c) A gold watch.
(d) Her copy of the Will.
5. Why did Turtle run out of the mansion after only eleven minutes?
(a) She felt a waxy hand grab her arm.
(b) The boys pretended to be ghosts and scared her.
(c) She only needed $22.
(d) She heard a throbbing whisper and ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did each of the pairs of heirs come to decide about the clues given to them?
2. Which one of the heirs didn't believe Westing was murdered?
3. What was the state of mind of all the tenants of Sunset Towers upon moving in?
4. Two people at Sunset Towers were not heirs. Who were they?
5. Why did Ms. Pulaski fake an illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Sydelle Pulaski walk with a gaily painted crutch, and for what reason did she claim to need it?
2. What did the Wexlers think about the apartment shown to them?
3. What particular trait do several of the characters share making it possible that the person seen going into the mansion by Chris could be any one of them?
4. Describe the appearance of the six apartments in the Sunset Towers building.
5. What did Wexler say he knew that no one else did?
6. Why was Chris watching legs from his wheelchair?
7. How did Turtle and Flora differ in their interpretation of what it meant to "Buy Westing Paper Products?"
8. What parting instructions were given to the heirs at the first reading of the first part of Westing's Will?
9. At the first reading of the Will, what did Ed Plum give to each pair of heirs?
10. How did Turtle get her nickname?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)