|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the judge learn about Mr. Westing that made her think he would look different now?
(a) He was living on the streets as a bum.
(b) He had started wearing a disguise.
(c) His face was injured in the accident and he had plastic surgery.
(d) He had let his hair grow long and had gotten false teeth.
2. What happened to the Westing Paper Products stock in Chapter 20?
(a) It went down just a little below what Turtle had paid for it.
(b) It bottomed out.
(c) It was the highest ever.
(d) It was not traded at all for some reason.
3. How did Chris presume the blank envelope ended up in his bathrobe?
(a) Angela gave it to him.
(b) The bomber mistakenly put it there.
(c) Theo put it there to give to Angela.
(d) Turtle put it there.
4. In Chapter 19, who did Otis Amber accuse of being responsible for the bombings?
(a) Mrs. Wexler.
(b) Turtle Wexler.
(c) Mr. Hoo.
(d) Judge Ford.
5. What did the letter say that Otis Amber delivered to Doug?
(a) It told him who the bomber was.
(b) It said to be at the house on Saturday.
(c) It told him that the game was off.
(d) It told him who the real heir was.
6. What fact did Turtle suddenly remember that helped her know the game was still on?
(a) She remembered Sandy and Judge Ford were partners, and Judge Ford was upset her partner was gone.
(b) She remembered seeing Sandy leave Westing house.
(c) She remembered something Sandy said that convinced her he knew who was the bomber.
(d) It was Crow's birthday and Sandy bought a candle for his wife's birthday.
7. How did Turtle defend the use of the radio in school?
(a) She said her mother told her she could bring it.
(b) She said she was doing research for her science project.
(c) She said it helped her toothache.
(d) She said it helped her study by shutting out noises.
8. What unusual fact did Judge Ford find out about Mrs. Wexler?
(a) She was not related to Mr. Westing at all.
(b) She was married once before.
(c) She was related to the cleaning worman.
(d) She was not really Turtle's mother.
9. Who did Judge Ford believe must be protected and why?
(a) The lawyer, because he knew Westing's secrets.
(b) Berthe Crow, because she killed Westing's daughter.
(c) Berthe Crow because she believed Crow is Westing's ex-wife.
(d) Sandy, because he drank on the job.
10. Who was Turtle's least favorite of all the heirs?
(a) Dr. Denton Deere.
(b) Judge Ford.
(c) James Shin Hoo.
11. What did Turtle say she saw Crow put in Sandy's flask?
12. Who got married in Hoo's Restaurant?
(a) Angela and Theo.
(b) Angela and Denton Deere.
(c) Turtle and Chris.
(d) Crow and Otis Amber.
13. Who were the only two people in the group of heirs that Crow cared about?
(a) Turle and Angela.
(b) Sandy and Judge Ford.
(c) Otis and Angela.
(d) Turtle and Dr. Wexler.
14. Why did Turtle think that it would be a good idea to call Flora Baumbach by another name?
(a) She wanted to use Flora's name as a secret code.
(b) Because everyone thought she was saying bomb when she called her.
(c) She wanted to call her mom because she was so nice to her.
(d) She thought Baumbach was a stupid name.
15. When they could no longer work as partners, what did Theo suggest the heirs do?
(a) Work as a team, but only the one who is correct gets the inheritance.
(b) Work as individuals but share the clues and share the inheritance.
(c) Work on their own, each with whatever clues they can gather.
(d) Form a team and share the inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chris get so excited about that he startled the Judge?
2. What finally happened about Chris's medical problems?
3. What did Sam Westing do as his "last finale?"
4. What was on the back of the bomber's note taped to the back wall of the elevator?
5. What did Angela do to suggest that she may have already kown the contents of the gift wrapped in good foil?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)