|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Judge Ford believe must be protected and why?
(a) The lawyer, because he knew Westing's secrets.
(b) Berthe Crow because she believed Crow is Westing's ex-wife.
(c) Berthe Crow, because she killed Westing's daughter.
(d) Sandy, because he drank on the job.
2. Which one of the heirs had hired Otis Amber?
(a) Mrs. Wexler.
(c) Dr. Wexler.
(d) Judge J.J. Ford.
3. Why did Judge Ford decide to move her investigation away from the Westings and onto the heirs?
(a) She decided that is the best way to discover the true heir.
(b) She saw the possible bomber coming out of the Wexler's apartment and decided to investigate that.
(c) She knew who the murderer was.
(d) She couldn't get private information released about the Westings.
4. What noble thing did Angela do at her shower?
(a) Fixed Turtle's hair in a new style that made her look more attractive.
(b) Saved Turtle from being harmed by the bomb.
(c) Gave Turtle her clues since she was about to be married and too busy to pursue the mystery.
(d) Shared her presents with Turtle.
5. How did Chris feel at the prospect of being taken hostage by Doctor Deere?
(a) He was afraid he would miss the wedding.
(b) He was thrilled with the attention.
(c) He was afraid Dr. Deere would steal the whole check.
(d) He was glad because then Turtle couldn't get to him.
6. Who got married in Hoo's Restaurant?
(a) Angela and Theo.
(b) Turtle and Chris.
(c) Angela and Denton Deere.
(d) Crow and Otis Amber.
7. Why was Grace's voice thick and slurred when she got to the second reading of the Will?
(a) She was acting silly with her husband.
(b) She was excited about the new meeting.
(c) She had been drinking.
(d) She was up all night studying her clues.
8. Who was Rosalie?
(a) She was Flora Baumbach's daughter.
(b) She was a nurse at the hospital.
(c) She was Crow's daughter.
(d) She was Mr. Westing's wife.
9. Using the clues provided, and accounting for the missing words, who did Sydelle Pulaski announce as the murderer?
(a) Otis Amber.
(b) Berthe Erica Crow.
(c) Grace Wexler.
(d) James Shin Hoo.
10. How did Turtle defend the use of the radio in school?
(a) She said she was doing research for her science project.
(b) She said it helped her toothache.
(c) She said her mother told her she could bring it.
(d) She said it helped her study by shutting out noises.
11. At the end of the story, what had happened to Judge Ford?
(a) She adopted Chris Theodorakis so she could keep tabs on his education.
(b) She decided to teach chess and share Westing's unique winning method.
(c) She gave up law when she couldn't solve the Westing mystery.
(d) She became a judge on the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.
12. What did Turtle do once Sandy had died to try and discover the mystery heir?
(a) She bribed Sydelle to share her notes on the Will.
(b) She stole clues from others.
(c) She used the money she had earned to buy clues for others.
(d) She played the lawyer in Judge Ford's court at Westing house.
13. What had changed about Dr. Deere five years after the mystery was dropped?
(a) He married Angela and decided to change careers to a lawyer.
(b) He won the two million and finished medical school.
(c) He grew a moustache and became a neurologist.
(d) He broke up with Angela and married Turtle, who had hated him at first.
14. What did Sam Westing do as his "last finale?"
(a) Lost at his ongoing chess game.
(b) Set a fireworks display that burned the Westing house.
(c) Announced Turtle as his lost daughter.
(d) Announced Crow as his ex-wife.
15. After reexamining their clues, who did Grace and Mr. Hoo think was involved in the mystery?
(a) The intern, because he needed money.
(b) Chris, because he might be faking needing the wheelchair.
(c) The lawyer, Ed Plum, just because he was a lawyer.
(d) Turtle, because she was in everyone's business all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Otis Amber surprised everyone when he came up to testify?
2. Who did Judge Ford think the heirs needed to protect?
3. What did Angela do to suggest that she may have already kown the contents of the gift wrapped in good foil?
4. What did the letter say that Otis Amber delivered to Doug?
5. Why was Sydelle using a polka dotted crutch in Chapter 29?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)