|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which pair of heirs did not get their money?
(a) Angela and Mrs. Pulaski.
(b) Dr. Wexler and Mrs. Hoo.
(c) Chris and Dr. Deere.
(d) Turtle and Flora Baumbach.
2. Who did Turtle say her mother thought stole the shorthand notebook?
(a) Mr. Hoo.
3. What will happen to the person who finds out who killed Westing?
(a) They will inherit everything.
(b) They will be excluded from the Will.
(c) They are to hire a lawyer for their defense.
(d) They are to see that they are prosecuted.
4. Why did Angela hesitate to call the fire department?
(a) She couldn't find the phone.
(b) They were snowbound and she knew the fire department couldn't get through.
(c) She wanted the restaurant to burn.
(d) She wasn't sure there was a fire.
5. Why didn't Mrs. Hoo attend the first meeting for the reading of the Will?
(a) She wasn't told and didn't speak English so didn't hear about it.
(b) She didn't believe she was part of the Will.
(c) She was actually the murderer and didn't want to go.
(d) She had to open the restaurant while the others met.
6. What did Turtle want so badly that she was willing to accept a bet to stay in the Westing Mansion?
(a) A new video game.
(b) A new bicycle.
(c) A year's subscription to the Wall Street Journal.
(d) A new outfit for school that matched one that her best friend had.
7. Angela showed her affection for her sister in what way?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) She always agreed with whatever her sister wanted.
(c) She offered to hem her costume for her.
(d) She encouraged Turtle in her wild schemes.
8. What unique trait does each apartment in Sunset Towers have?
(a) Each faces the sunset in the west.
(b) A tower in the master bedroom.
(c) A beautiful marble floor in the foyer.
(d) A one-way window.
9. Why didn't Chris sign the check and give his partner his half of the money?
(a) He wanted to use the money for an operation.
(b) He wanted to force his partner to visit him again and again.
(c) He wanted to keep the money for himself.
(d) He planned to use the check to blackmail the doctor into operating on him.
10. Why didn't Dr. Wexler attend the first meeting for the reading of the Will?
(a) He didn't hear about the meeting.
(b) He was afraid he would be picked out as the murderer.
(c) He thought the meeting was stupid and wanted no part of it.
(d) He was supposed to be doing an operation but was actually gambling.
11. Why couldn't the thief read the shorthand notes after they were stolen?
(a) The note's author couldn't really write shorthand, but was pretending.
(b) They were written in Polish.
(c) No one can read shorthand.
(d) They were written in magic disappearing ink.
12. What did Sandy the doorman do every time he delivered a present for Angela's shower?
(a) He asked Mrs. Wexler if she had any idea who the killer was.
(b) He told Mrs. Wexler that he and his partner had the answer to the mystery.
(c) He yelled, "Where is everyone?"
(d) He yelled, "Boom!" because of the bombs.
13. What was speculated as being the real reason Dr. Wexler didn't attend the first reading of the Will?
(a) He was gambling on a game.
(b) He had cheated Mr. Westing out of some money.
(c) He was angry at his wife.
(d) He had an emergency surgery.
14. What lie did Judge Ford catch Mrs. Wexler in at the party?
(a) She claimed to know the answer to the clues.
(b) She shared a false clue to get Judge Ford to share one of hers.
(c) She told Turtle that she was her favorite daughter.
(d) She claimed to be a niece to Mr. Westing.
15. What object was in the center of the library when the heirs gather there?
(a) A library table with the Will on it.
(b) A tall statue that was covered.
(c) A table that held several items that would belong to the heirs.
(d) An open casket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the state of mind of all the tenants of Sunset Towers upon moving in?
2. What did Judge Ford decide to do to help solve the puzzle?
3. Why did Mr. Hoo decide to stay as a guest for the party he was also catering?
4. How did Turtle get into Westing Mansion?
5. What was included in the Will?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)