|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Chris have about the one-way windows in his apartment?
(a) He thinks they are a waste because no one cares to watch him anyway.
(b) He feels that someone can still watch him through them.
(c) He likes them because no one can see him.
(d) He thinks they make the apartment look sharp from the outside.
2. Each of the pairs of heirs gained something from their partner. What did Turtle gain from her partner?
(a) She got to keep all the $10,000.
(b) She received acceptance and nurturing.
(c) She got to stop going to school so that she could help her partner.
(d) She got to share all the clues with other partners.
3. Who did Turtle say her mother thought stole the shorthand notebook?
(c) Mr. Hoo.
4. Why was Angela upset and crying at the party?
(a) She was tired of her mother running everything for her.
(b) She had lost her clues.
(c) Someone said something nasty to her.
(d) He fiance had broke up with her.
5. Which one of the heirs didn't believe Westing was murdered?
(a) Judge J.J. Ford.
(b) Mr. Hoo.
6. Why did Mr. Hoo laugh when Mrs. Wexler said Turtle was helping Dr. Wexler with his bookkeeping?
(a) He knew Dr. Wexler was with another woman.
(b) Turtle was too young to know about bookkeeping.
(c) He didn't think Dr. Wexler had enough patients to need a bookkeeper.
(d) Because Dr. Wexler was a bookie.
7. Which of the following was NOT listed in the letters as features of the apartments?
(a) A picture window in every room.
(b) A uniformed doorman.
(c) Water and sewage included in the rent.
(d) Maid service.
8. What did Angela think Turtle's "crutch" was?
(a) Her skill in the stock market.
(b) Her big mouth.
(c) Her braid.
(d) Her daring nature.
9. How did Turtle get into Westing Mansion?
(a) The boys helped her climb up on the roof and go on the balcony.
(b) She found a key to the front door under the mat.
(c) The French doors were open as if inviting her in.
(d) She pried open a window.
10. Why would there be no autopsy on Westing's body?
(a) His relatives objected to doing one.
(b) Westing's religion forbade autopsies.
(c) None of these answers are correct.
(d) Westing's body was already embalmed.
11. On their third snowbound day, what decision did the heirs face?
(a) Whether or not Mr. Westing was tricking them.
(b) Whether or not to share their clues.
(c) Whether or not to continue with the game.
(d) Whether or not Crow was the murderer.
12. What name did Turtle tell Flora was her real name?
13. How did Mrs. Sydelle get hurt?
(a) She slid on the ice.
(b) From the explosion in Hoo's kitchen.
(c) She fell in the elevator while reading the notices.
(d) Someone pushed her down in the hall and disappeared.
14. Two people at Sunset Towers were not heirs. Who were they?
(a) Turtle and Chris.
(b) Sandy the doorman and Crow.
(c) Dr. Wexler and Otis.
(d) George and Catherine Theodorakis.
15. What happened to the two boys who were to stay overnight at the Westing House?
(a) They spent the night and earned their bet.
(b) They ran out of the house in great fear in less than 5 minutes.
(c) They heard a ghost and came out to tell the townspeople.
(d) They liked the house and wanted to stay there forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. The morning after the reading of the Will, what did Turtle do to help the others and earn some money for herself?
2. From her newspaper research, which of the following did Judge Ford find had a connection to Mr. Westing?
3. Which character had a strange mystery around them?
4. Why did Doug panic when Mr. Hoo mentioned alibis?
5. What did Turtle think the expression, "Take stock in America," meant from the Will?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)