|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ms. Pulaski fake an illness?
(a) She wanted everyone to think she wasn't capable of finding the answer to the clues.
(b) She wanted to advertise her special crutches and hopefully sell them.
(c) She wanted to get attention.
(d) She was always faking something.
2. In Chapter 13, who did Flora say Angela looked like?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Violet Westing.
3. How long did it take for all the apartments and offices in the Sunset Towers to be rented out?
(a) A week.
(b) One day.
(c) They weren't all rented.
(d) Six days.
4. What was speculated as being the real reason Dr. Wexler didn't attend the first reading of the Will?
(a) He was gambling on a game.
(b) He had an emergency surgery.
(c) He had cheated Mr. Westing out of some money.
(d) He was angry at his wife.
5. Why did Mrs. Wexler fix Turtle's hair and tell her she was so pretty in pink?
(a) She wanted to make up for ignoring Turtle for years.
(b) She loved Turtle best of her two daughters.
(c) She wanted to coax her to share her clues.
(d) Her husband told her to start being nicer to Turtle.
6. Why couldn't the thief read the shorthand notes after they were stolen?
(a) No one can read shorthand.
(b) They were written in Polish.
(c) They were written in magic disappearing ink.
(d) The note's author couldn't really write shorthand, but was pretending.
7. What clues were left on the elevator wall for all to see?
(a) Additional clues left by Mr. Westing.
(b) Fake clues meant to mislead the other heirs.
(c) Fake clues teasing Turtle about her braid.
(d) Six clues found on the floor in the hallway.
8. What was the state of mind of all the tenants of Sunset Towers upon moving in?
(a) They all had some hidden problem.
(b) They all were angry at Barney Northrup for deceiving them.
(c) They all were angry with each other.
(d) They were all content.
9. What did Mr. Hoo think caused the explosion in the kitchen of the coffee shop?
(a) Heat from the stove.
(b) He thought it was faked.
(c) A bomb.
(d) Fireworks planted in the kitchen.
10. What did Turtle think the expression, "Take stock in America," meant from the Will?
(a) To look at the song, "America, America!" for clues.
(b) To buy stock and whoever earns the most money, wins.
(c) That the winner must buy land in America.
(d) That the murderer is not one of the Americans.
11. How did Judge Ford describe Mrs. Wexler?
(a) As a beautiful matron.
(b) As a sophisticated lady.
(c) As a social climber.
(d) As a controlling busybody.
12. Mrs. Wexler had plans for the entire $10,000 that she and Mr. Hoo got. What was her plan?
(a) To redecorate the restaurant with her as the decorator.
(b) To use it to make Angela's wedding the best ever, and spend most of it at Hoo's restaurant for the reception.
(c) To invest it wisely so they wouldn't really need the inheritance.
(d) To buy each of the others' clues.
13. The morning after the reading of the Will, what did Turtle do to help the others and earn some money for herself?
(a) She agreed to sell her half of the $10,000 to another team.
(b) She agreed to combine their clues and try to solve the mystery and split the money with everyone.
(c) She sold candles that were designed to tell time.
(d) She paid her sister, Angela, to let her see their clues.
14. What happened to the two boys who were to stay overnight at the Westing House?
(a) They ran out of the house in great fear in less than 5 minutes.
(b) They heard a ghost and came out to tell the townspeople.
(c) They liked the house and wanted to stay there forever.
(d) They spent the night and earned their bet.
15. Which of the following did not happen to Westing?
(a) He had a daughter that he lost track of.
(b) He was found in the bedroom of Westing Mansion.
(c) He was killed by a relative.
(d) He had a note beside him on the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT listed in the letters as features of the apartments?
2. What was Angela's family's reaction to her fiance?
3. What clever idea did Mrs. Wexler have for Hoo's restaurant?
4. What discovery did Chris Theodorakis make while birdwatching?
5. What did Judge Ford lose that she posted a wanted sign for?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)