|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mr. Hoo laugh when Mrs. Wexler said Turtle was helping Dr. Wexler with his bookkeeping?
(a) Because Dr. Wexler was a bookie.
(b) He knew Dr. Wexler was with another woman.
(c) He didn't think Dr. Wexler had enough patients to need a bookkeeper.
(d) Turtle was too young to know about bookkeeping.
2. What did Turtle want so badly that she was willing to accept a bet to stay in the Westing Mansion?
(a) A new video game.
(b) A year's subscription to the Wall Street Journal.
(c) A new outfit for school that matched one that her best friend had.
(d) A new bicycle.
3. What is the significance of the limp that is mentioned?
(a) It shows the personality of Turtle in the story.
(b) All of the answers are correct.
(c) Because Chris saw a person with a limp going into Westing House.
(d) It serves as a distractor in determining who is the mysterious person.
4. Why would there be no autopsy on Westing's body?
(a) Westing's religion forbade autopsies.
(b) His relatives objected to doing one.
(c) None of these answers are correct.
(d) Westing's body was already embalmed.
5. In Chapter 13, who did Flora say Angela looked like?
(b) Her father.
(c) Violet Westing.
(d) Her mother.
6. What did Angela think Turtle's "crutch" was?
(a) Her daring nature.
(b) Her braid.
(c) Her skill in the stock market.
(d) Her big mouth.
7. What happened to Westing, according to the parties gathered outside Westing House?
(a) His corpse is rotting in the carpet.
(b) He is a recluse in the Mansion.
(c) He is a ghost that haunts the Mansion.
(d) He went away.
8. From her newspaper research, which of the following did Judge Ford find had a connection to Mr. Westing?
(c) Mrs. Pulaski.
(d) Mr. Hoo.
9. What is one trait of the Sunset Towers apartment building?
(a) It had only one apartment left to rent when the notes went out.
(b) It faces the West toward the sunset.
(c) Each apartment has a view of the Westing Mansion.
(d) It has four towers, one on each corner.
10. On their third snowbound day, what decision did the heirs face?
(a) Whether or not to share their clues.
(b) Whether or not Crow was the murderer.
(c) Whether or not to continue with the game.
(d) Whether or not Mr. Westing was tricking them.
11. Why did Mrs. Wexler fix Turtle's hair and tell her she was so pretty in pink?
(a) She wanted to make up for ignoring Turtle for years.
(b) She loved Turtle best of her two daughters.
(c) She wanted to coax her to share her clues.
(d) Her husband told her to start being nicer to Turtle.
12. What did Judge Ford decide to do to help solve the puzzle?
(a) Stole clues for the others
(b) Got her partner to eavesdrop on the other heirs
(c) Hired a private detective
(d) Found a copy of the whole Will
13. What exciting story did Turtle have to tell her family, but decided not to tell all the details?
(a) The fact that she had seen Angela's fiance with another girl.
(b) The story that Mr. Westing's corpse lay rotting in the Mansion.
(c) A scandal she had heard about Angela's fiance.
(d) The ghost story related to the Westing Mansion.
14. How did Turtle get into Westing Mansion?
(a) She pried open a window.
(b) The French doors were open as if inviting her in.
(c) She found a key to the front door under the mat.
(d) The boys helped her climb up on the roof and go on the balcony.
15. What caused the nervousness of Turtle and Flora Baumbach?
(a) They decided they had to try to hide their clues from Turtle's mother.
(b) They found out who the murderer was and were afraid to reveal it.
(c) They had to order stocks with their money.
(d) They lost all their money in the stock market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the heirs didn't believe Westing was murdered?
2. Angela showed her affection for her sister in what way?
3. Which of the following is not true of the Westing Mansion?
4. There was a lot of speculation by the group outside Westing House about how Westing died. Which of the following was NOT a part of that speculation?
5. What was strange about the Will?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)