|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would there be no autopsy on Westing's body?
(a) Westing's body was already embalmed.
(b) None of these answers are correct.
(c) Westing's religion forbade autopsies.
(d) His relatives objected to doing one.
2. In Chapter 13, who did Flora say Angela looked like?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Violet Westing.
(d) Her father.
3. How did Judge Ford describe Mrs. Wexler?
(a) As a beautiful matron.
(b) As a controlling busybody.
(c) As a social climber.
(d) As a sophisticated lady.
4. How long did it take for all the apartments and offices in the Sunset Towers to be rented out?
(a) They weren't all rented.
(b) One day.
(c) Six days.
(d) A week.
5. Which two residents of Sunset Towers did not go to the reading of the Will?
(a) Dr. and Mrs. Wexler.
(b) Dr. Wexler and Madame Hoo.
(c) Turtle and Angela.
(d) Turtle and Chris.
6. What was speculated as being the real reason Dr. Wexler didn't attend the first reading of the Will?
(a) He had cheated Mr. Westing out of some money.
(b) He had an emergency surgery.
(c) He was angry at his wife.
(d) He was gambling on a game.
7. Why were the residents of Sunset Towers given an invitation to the reading of Westing's Will?
(a) They were to solve the mystery of Westing's death.
(b) They weren't invited, but came out of curiousity.
(c) They were invited because Westing had no relatives left to inherit his estate.
(d) Westing's daughter invited them to come.
8. What did Angela do when she disguised herself in Chapter 14?
(a) Followed the person she thought was the bomber.
(b) Searched under all the car hoods.
(c) Planted the next bomb.
(d) Searched everyone's room for clues.
9. What feeling does Chris have about the one-way windows in his apartment?
(a) He feels that someone can still watch him through them.
(b) He likes them because no one can see him.
(c) He thinks they are a waste because no one cares to watch him anyway.
(d) He thinks they make the apartment look sharp from the outside.
10. Why did Mr. Hoo decide to stay as a guest for the party he was also catering?
(a) Turtle begged him and he could never refuse her.
(b) He realized there would be talk of the clues.
(c) His son was going to be honored for winning a medal.
(d) He was made to feel very welcome by Mrs. Wexler.
11. Why did Mrs. Wexler fix Turtle's hair and tell her she was so pretty in pink?
(a) She wanted to make up for ignoring Turtle for years.
(b) She wanted to coax her to share her clues.
(c) She loved Turtle best of her two daughters.
(d) Her husband told her to start being nicer to Turtle.
12. How did Turtle get into Westing Mansion?
(a) She found a key to the front door under the mat.
(b) The boys helped her climb up on the roof and go on the balcony.
(c) She pried open a window.
(d) The French doors were open as if inviting her in.
13. When E.J. Plum started the reading of the Will, what do readers find out about why the residents of Sunset Towers were included in the Will?
(a) The sixteen residents are all nieces and nephews.
(b) Westing has no relatives, so he selected them as heirs.
(c) They all had a hand in taking care of Westing at some point.
(d) They had all worked at Westing's factory at some time or other.
14. Which one of the heirs didn't believe Westing was murdered?
(b) Judge J.J. Ford.
(c) Mr. Hoo.
15. Why did Ms. Pulaski fake an illness?
(a) She wanted to get attention.
(b) She wanted to advertise her special crutches and hopefully sell them.
(c) She wanted everyone to think she wasn't capable of finding the answer to the clues.
(d) She was always faking something.
Short Answer Questions
1. On their third snowbound day, what decision did the heirs face?
2. What was used as a fuse for the bomb set in Hoo's restaurant?
3. Why was Angela upset and crying at the party?
4. What conclusion did Judge Ford and Sandy come up with?
5. What unique idea did Otis Amber have about Westing's murder?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)