|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the state of mind of all the tenants of Sunset Towers upon moving in?
(a) They all were angry with each other.
(b) They all were angry at Barney Northrup for deceiving them.
(c) They all had some hidden problem.
(d) They were all content.
2. What clever idea did Mrs. Wexler have for Hoo's restaurant?
(a) To do a media blitz to promote it.
(b) To promote the ethnic quality of Hoo's.
(c) To name it Hoo's On First.
(d) To advertise how her husband enjoyed the spareribs, which were Hoo's specialty.
3. What happened to the two boys who were to stay overnight at the Westing House?
(a) They liked the house and wanted to stay there forever.
(b) They spent the night and earned their bet.
(c) They heard a ghost and came out to tell the townspeople.
(d) They ran out of the house in great fear in less than 5 minutes.
4. What was speculated as being the real reason Dr. Wexler didn't attend the first reading of the Will?
(a) He had an emergency surgery.
(b) He was gambling on a game.
(c) He had cheated Mr. Westing out of some money.
(d) He was angry at his wife.
5. How did Turtle get into Westing Mansion?
(a) The French doors were open as if inviting her in.
(b) She pried open a window.
(c) The boys helped her climb up on the roof and go on the balcony.
(d) She found a key to the front door under the mat.
6. What did Sandy the doorman do every time he delivered a present for Angela's shower?
(a) He yelled, "Where is everyone?"
(b) He asked Mrs. Wexler if she had any idea who the killer was.
(c) He told Mrs. Wexler that he and his partner had the answer to the mystery.
(d) He yelled, "Boom!" because of the bombs.
7. From her newspaper research, which of the following did Judge Ford find had a connection to Mr. Westing?
(a) Mr. Hoo.
(b) Mrs. Pulaski.
8. Who is Barney Northrup?
(a) A heir of Westing.
(b) None of these answers are correct.
(c) Head of an apartment management service.
(d) A lawyer.
9. Which of the following did not happen to Westing?
(a) He had a note beside him on the bed.
(b) He had a daughter that he lost track of.
(c) He was killed by a relative.
(d) He was found in the bedroom of Westing Mansion.
10. What mystery did Westing reveal in the Will?
(a) That he had a patent that was stolen from him.
(b) That his death had been caused by one of the heirs.
(c) That there was a secret about the Mansion.
(d) He told how the president of Westing Paper Products was murdered.
11. What is the significance of the limp that is mentioned?
(a) Because Chris saw a person with a limp going into Westing House.
(b) It serves as a distractor in determining who is the mysterious person.
(c) It shows the personality of Turtle in the story.
(d) All of the answers are correct.
12. What did Mrs. Pulaski criticize Judge Ford about?
(a) For not sharing her clues.
(b) Choosing her career over marriage.
(c) Being snooty.
(d) For doing a man's job.
13. What object was in the center of the library when the heirs gather there?
(a) A library table with the Will on it.
(b) A table that held several items that would belong to the heirs.
(c) An open casket.
(d) A tall statue that was covered.
14. In Chapter 13, who did Flora say Angela looked like?
(b) Violet Westing.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
15. Who was the first to be shown an apartment in Sunset Towers?
(a) Dr. and Mrs. Wexler.
(b) Sydelle Pulaski.
(c) Barney Northrup.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which pair of heirs did not get their money?
2. There was a lot of speculation by the group outside Westing House about how Westing died. Which of the following was NOT a part of that speculation?
3. Each of the pairs of heirs gained something from their partner. What did Turtle gain from her partner?
4. Why did Ms. Pulaski fake an illness?
5. Why was Turtle in Westing Mansion?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)