|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Five Years Pass: Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Turtle kick everything in her room as she left in Chapter 9?
(a) The secretary made her mad by not sharing her shorthand notes.
(b) Her mother hurt her feelings by saying everything she had belonged to Angela.
(c) Doug pulled her braid.
(d) She was always angry and always kicking things.
2. What did Judge Ford decide to do to help solve the puzzle?
(a) Hired a private detective
(b) Found a copy of the whole Will
(c) Stole clues for the others
(d) Got her partner to eavesdrop on the other heirs
3. Why did Turtle run out of the mansion after only eleven minutes?
(a) She only needed $22.
(b) She heard a throbbing whisper and ran away.
(c) She felt a waxy hand grab her arm.
(d) The boys pretended to be ghosts and scared her.
4. Two people at Sunset Towers were not heirs. Who were they?
(a) George and Catherine Theodorakis.
(b) Dr. Wexler and Otis.
(c) Turtle and Chris.
(d) Sandy the doorman and Crow.
5. Each of the pairs of heirs gained something from their partner. What did Turtle gain from her partner?
(a) She received acceptance and nurturing.
(b) She got to keep all the $10,000.
(c) She got to stop going to school so that she could help her partner.
(d) She got to share all the clues with other partners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Dr. Wexler attend the first meeting for the reading of the Will?
2. After reexamining their clues, who did Grace and Mr. Hoo think was involved in the mystery?
3. Why was Sydelle using a polka dotted crutch in Chapter 29?
4. On their third snowbound day, what decision did the heirs face?
5. What did Sam Westing do as his "last finale?"
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)