|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Confessions: Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the residents of Sunset Towers given an invitation to the reading of Westing's Will?
(a) They were invited because Westing had no relatives left to inherit his estate.
(b) They weren't invited, but came out of curiousity.
(c) Westing's daughter invited them to come.
(d) They were to solve the mystery of Westing's death.
2. Mrs. Wexler had plans for the entire $10,000 that she and Mr. Hoo got. What was her plan?
(a) To buy each of the others' clues.
(b) To invest it wisely so they wouldn't really need the inheritance.
(c) To use it to make Angela's wedding the best ever, and spend most of it at Hoo's restaurant for the reception.
(d) To redecorate the restaurant with her as the decorator.
3. What unique idea did Otis Amber have about Westing's murder?
(a) That he wasn't murdered at all.
(b) That the clue was right before them and they couldn't recognize it.
(c) That the murderer was too clever to ever be caught.
(d) That the murderer teamed with another person who wasn't a part of their group.
4. How did Mrs. Sydelle find out who the bomber was?
(a) She was the bomber.
(b) She overheard Turtle and Angela talking about it.
(c) She caught the bomber placing one of the bombs.
(d) The bomber confessed it to her in an attempt to frighten her into sharing her clues.
5. How did Turtle get into Westing Mansion?
(a) She found a key to the front door under the mat.
(b) The French doors were open as if inviting her in.
(c) The boys helped her climb up on the roof and go on the balcony.
(d) She pried open a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is strange about the Westing House?
2. Why was Turtle in Westing Mansion?
3. In Chapter 19, who did Otis Amber accuse of being responsible for the bombings?
4. Who did Judge Ford think the heirs needed to protect?
5. Why did Mr. Hoo decide to stay as a guest for the party he was also catering?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)