|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Second Bomb: Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mrs. Sydelle get hurt?
(a) Someone pushed her down in the hall and disappeared.
(b) She slid on the ice.
(c) From the explosion in Hoo's kitchen.
(d) She fell in the elevator while reading the notices.
2. Why were the residents of Sunset Towers given an invitation to the reading of Westing's Will?
(a) Westing's daughter invited them to come.
(b) They were invited because Westing had no relatives left to inherit his estate.
(c) They were to solve the mystery of Westing's death.
(d) They weren't invited, but came out of curiousity.
3. Why did Mrs. Wexler fix Turtle's hair and tell her she was so pretty in pink?
(a) Her husband told her to start being nicer to Turtle.
(b) She loved Turtle best of her two daughters.
(c) She wanted to coax her to share her clues.
(d) She wanted to make up for ignoring Turtle for years.
4. A thief was discovered when an important piece of evidence went missing. What was the evidence that was stolen?
(a) The shorthand notes were stolen.
(b) The Will was stolen.
(c) Mr. Westing's body disappeared.
(d) One of the pair's $10,000 was stolen.
5. What was speculated as being the real reason Dr. Wexler didn't attend the first reading of the Will?
(a) He was gambling on a game.
(b) He was angry at his wife.
(c) He had an emergency surgery.
(d) He had cheated Mr. Westing out of some money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Mr. Hoo laugh when Mrs. Wexler said Turtle was helping Dr. Wexler with his bookkeeping?
2. What clues were left on the elevator wall for all to see?
3. Why did this one pair of heirs not receive their money?
4. When E.J. Plum started the reading of the Will, what do readers find out about why the residents of Sunset Towers were included in the Will?
5. What lie did Judge Ford catch Mrs. Wexler in at the party?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)