|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sixteen Heirs: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Mr. Westing's corpse found?
(a) The group at Sunset Towers went exploring at the Mansion.
(b) The police received a tip from Chris after he saw a person with a limp go into the mansion.
(c) Turtle found it while attempting to spend the night in the Mansion on a dare.
(d) A note was addressed to Turtle and mailed to her.
2. Why did Turtle run out of the mansion after only eleven minutes?
(a) She only needed $22.
(b) She felt a waxy hand grab her arm.
(c) She heard a throbbing whisper and ran away.
(d) The boys pretended to be ghosts and scared her.
3. What was Angela's family's reaction to her fiance?
(a) Turtle like him, but Mrs. Wexler thought he was a gold-digger, only out for her daughter's inheritance.
(b) Her mother liked him, but Turtle considered him a gold-digger.
(c) All family members liked him.
(d) None of these answers.
4. Why was Turtle in Westing Mansion?
(a) She and her friends decided to trick everyone on Halloween and pretend to be ghosts.
(b) It was Halloween and she wanted to see the ghost that was supposed to be there.
(c) She was staying there because of a bet in which she would earn $2 for each minute she stayed there.
(d) It was Halloween and she wanted to discount the story of a ghost.
5. What discovery did Chris Theodorakis make while birdwatching?
(a) He saw Mr. Westing coming out of the Mansion.
(b) He saw a person with a limp going into Westing Mansion.
(c) He found a purple marlin on the roof of the Mansion.
(d) He saw Turtle and the gang getting ready to go into the Mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Barney Northrup?
2. What object was in the center of the library when the heirs gather there?
3. What feeling does Chris have about the one-way windows in his apartment?
4. How did Turtle get into Westing Mansion?
5. What is one trait of the Sunset Towers apartment building?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)