|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Some Solutions: Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Turtle want so badly that she was willing to accept a bet to stay in the Westing Mansion?
(a) A new outfit for school that matched one that her best friend had.
(b) A year's subscription to the Wall Street Journal.
(c) A new bicycle.
(d) A new video game.
2. Why was Turtle in Westing Mansion?
(a) It was Halloween and she wanted to see the ghost that was supposed to be there.
(b) She and her friends decided to trick everyone on Halloween and pretend to be ghosts.
(c) She was staying there because of a bet in which she would earn $2 for each minute she stayed there.
(d) It was Halloween and she wanted to discount the story of a ghost.
3. Why didn't Chris sign the check and give his partner his half of the money?
(a) He wanted to keep the money for himself.
(b) He planned to use the check to blackmail the doctor into operating on him.
(c) He wanted to use the money for an operation.
(d) He wanted to force his partner to visit him again and again.
4. What did Angela do when she disguised herself in Chapter 14?
(a) Searched under all the car hoods.
(b) Followed the person she thought was the bomber.
(c) Searched everyone's room for clues.
(d) Planted the next bomb.
5. What is the setting of Chapter 7?
(a) In the lawyer's office.
(b) In the game room of Westing House.
(c) In the restaurant in Sunset Towers.
(d) The book doesn't say.
Short Answer Questions
1. Each of the pairs of heirs gained something from their partner. What did Turtle gain from her partner?
2. What did Theo discover when he analyzed his clues?
3. Why did Ms. Pulaski fake an illness?
4. Why didn't Mrs. Hoo attend the first meeting for the reading of the Will?
5. Two people at Sunset Towers were not heirs. Who were they?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)