|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beryl investigate while searching for Woody?
2. What do Beryl and Ebert do after she drops off the oxygen at Nungwe?
3. How does Beryl's father spend the rest of their available funds?
4. Who does Beryl see before meeting up with the lion on the farm?
5. What eventually happens to Beryl's pet zebra that follows her home after an outing during her childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Arab Kosky and Beryl's dog when Arab Kosky and Beryl corner a warthog while hunting?
2. What happens to Beryl and her father as a result of a drought?
3. From where does Beryl receive an emergency message?
4. Why is Beryl reluctant to go on the emergency mission to Nungwe?
5. What choice does Beryl's father give her after he gets a job as a horse trainer?
6. What does Beryl do when she encounters the lion?
7. What does Beryl think about after seeing a zebra while searching for Woody?
8. Why does Beryl accept the emergency mission to Nungwe?
9. Where does most of the flour produced by Beryl's father's grist mill go?
10. Who is Buller?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do animals play a role in Beryl's life? What are the most significant things Beryl takes from her experience with them? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Beryl's father was an important figure in her life. What influence did he have on her? Support your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the theme of adventure in West with the Night. What was Beryl's perspective on adventure? Do you think she purposely chose adventure or was it a natural part of her environment? Cite examples from the book.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)