|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Beryl and Blix land in Amseat?
(a) They are invited to dine with the local official.
(b) They are arrested.
(c) The plane needs repairs.
(d) They need permission from the Italian government to contine.
2. What happens after Beryl and Blix leave Cagliari?
(a) They run into a thunderstorm.
(b) They have an argument.
(c) The plane has engine trouble.
(d) They realize they left their papers there and have to turn around to retrieve them.
3. What is Beryl's assessment of her historic flight?
(a) That it is a success.
(b) That it could be retooled and attempted again.
(c) That it is a failure.
(d) That it received too much publicity.
4. Where does Beryl decide she would like to move after rescuing the hunting party?
(b) The United States.
5. What happens when Beryl lands on the airstrip trying to retrieve Blix and Winston?
(a) The plane stumbles over.
(b) The plane is damaged.
(c) She makes a perfect landing.
(d) She overshoots the runway and the plane ends up in the brush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Beryl need to get permission from to fly from Juba and Wadi Halfa?
2. Who is the passenger in the plane that lands in Nairobi?
3. What happens to the companion of the passenger in the plane that lands in Nairobi?
4. What does Beryl learn about her feat when she returns to London?
5. What happens to Wise Child after the Saint Leger race?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Beryl go for repairs on her plane before the hunting party moves on the Ithumba?
2. Why are women not allowed to fly solo between Juba and Wadi Halfa without permission form the RAF?
3. What does Beryl learn about her feat after she returns to London?
4. Why does Blix refrain from shooting the elephant that he and Beryl had scouted?
5. What news detracts from Beryl's accomplishment?
6. What happens when Beryl flies to the hunters' camp at Ithumba?
7. Why are Beryl and Blix detained in Cagliari?
8. What happens to Wise Child when she runs the Saint Leger race?
9. Why does Beryl think it is crazy for men to hunt elephants?
10. How does the idea for Beryl's transatlantic flight begin?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)