|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the content of the telegram Beryl receives?
(a) The sender wants her to train his horses.
(b) The sender encourages her to come to England.
(c) The sender is making final arrangements for a safari he has organized.
(d) The sender wants her to fly greater distances.
2. What idea does Denys Finch Hatton have for hunting?
(a) To herd game using a plane.
(b) To hunt game from an airplane.
(c) To scout elephants by plane.
(d) To scare competing hunting parties' game away using an airplane.
3. Where does Beryl go to live after her flight?
(a) British East Africa.
(d) The United States.
4. Who is supportive of the decision that Beryl makes in Nairobi?
(a) Arab Ruta.
(b) Arab Kosky.
(c) Lady Delamere.
(d) Karen Blixen.
5. From whom does Beryl receive a telegram after she receives the letter from Tom Black?
(a) Lord Delemere.
(b) Baron von Blixen.
(c) J.C. Carberry.
(d) C.B. Clutterbuck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Beryl the night before the Saint Leger race?
2. Where does Beryl decide she would like to move after rescuing the hunting party?
3. What happens to Wise Child after the Saint Leger race?
4. Why does Beryl need to get permission to fly from Juba and Wadi Halfa?
5. Who commissions Beryl's special plane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Beryl go for repairs on her plane before the hunting party moves on the Ithumba?
2. Where do Beryl and Blix stay in Benghazi?
3. What are Beryl and Blix required to do after they take off from Amseat?
4. What does Beryl learn about her feat after she returns to London?
5. What is Denys Finch Hatton's idea to improve hunting?
6. Why are women not allowed to fly solo between Juba and Wadi Halfa without permission form the RAF?
7. In Cairo, what does Blix tell Beryl he has seen after a night of drinking?
8. Beryl receives a telegram from Baron von Blixen. What is the content of the telegram?
9. Who is the passenger of the plane that lands in Nairobi, and what condition is that passenger in?
10. Why does Beryl think it is crazy for men to hunt elephants?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)