|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Wise Child after the Saint Leger race?
(a) She begins to race on the professional circuit.
(b) She is retired.
(c) The owner breeds her.
(d) She dies.
2. Where does the idea for a transatlantic flight begin?
(a) At a dinner party.
(b) At an airplane hangar.
(c) On a fox hunt.
(d) At a tea party.
3. What prediction does Beryl receive from a customs official?
(a) She will fly over water to a strange country.
(b) Her plane will crash.
(c) That she will receive a gift.
(d) That she will be reacquainted with an old friend.
4. With whom does Beryl share her accomplishment?
(a) Lord Delamere.
(c) Tom Black.
(d) Her father.
5. What happens when Beryl lands on the airstrip trying to retrieve Blix and Winston?
(a) The plane is damaged.
(b) She makes a perfect landing.
(c) She overshoots the runway and the plane ends up in the brush.
(d) The plane stumbles over.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the passenger in the plane that lands in Nairobi?
2. What happens to Beryl eighteen months after she begins flying lessons?
3. What happens when Winston eventually kills the elephant found by Beryl and Blix?
4. What happens to the companion of the passenger in the plane that lands in Nairobi?
5. Why does Beryl think it is crazy for men to hunt elephants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Beryl learn about her feat after she returns to London?
2. Why are Beryl and Blix detained in Cagliari?
3. How does the idea for Beryl's transatlantic flight begin?
4. What happens to Wise Child when she runs the Saint Leger race?
5. Why does Blix refrain from shooting the elephant that he and Beryl had scouted?
6. Who is the passenger of the plane that lands in Nairobi, and what condition is that passenger in?
7. Who is the pilot of the plane Beryl watches land in Nairobi?
8. What does Tom Black advise Beryl in a letter he writes to her from England?
9. What is Denys Finch Hatton's idea to improve hunting?
10. How does Beryl get Makula to fly in her plane?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)