|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Beryl as a pilot?
(a) She is English.
(b) She is the only female pilot in Africa at the time.
(c) She is self-taught.
(d) She is blind.
2. Who comes to Beryl's assistance after the lion attacks her?
(a) A farm hand.
(b) Beryl's father.
(c) Lord Delamere.
(d) Mr. Elkington.
3. What happens when the new racehorse throws Beryl?
(a) She hits her head on a tree.
(b) Beryl hurts her arm.
(c) Beryl injures her tail bone.
(d) Beryl cuts her leg on a rock.
4. What is the first animal that is killed on a hunting trip that Beryl goes on with the Masani Murai?
(a) A kudu.
(b) A gazelle.
(c) A reed-buck.
(d) A jackal.
5. What is the name of the racehorse that Beryl's father buys from England?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beryl's dog's name?
2. What is Beryl doing when the person arrives on her doorstep in Molo to help?
3. What is Beryl's dog's condition when she finds him after he chases after a warthog?
4. What was Beryl Markham's father's profession?
5. Where does Beryl's father advise her to move after he gets a job as a horse trainer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Beryl's reaction when she sees the man with Blackwater at Nungwe?
2. Who appears on Beryl's doorstep when she wishes there was someone who could help train her horses?
3. What is Beryl's concern when Coquette is giving birth?
4. What do Beryl and Kibii want from a Wondorobo?
5. What does the person who Beryl encounters offer Beryl and Woody?
6. Why does Beryl accept the emergency mission to Nungwe?
7. What happens to Beryl and her father as a result of a drought?
8. Why is Woody's plane not suited for Africa?
9. What does Beryl think about after seeing a zebra while searching for Woody?
10. What is Camsiscan?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)