|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who commissions Beryl's special plane?
(a) J.C. Carberry.
(b) The Duke of Gloucester.
(d) C.B. Clutterbuck.
2. What does Blix originally think he is seeing after drinking in Cairo?
(b) A hallucination.
(c) A dream.
3. Which is NOT an item given to Beryl for her historic flight?
(a) A lifejacket.
(b) A watch.
(c) A sprig of heather.
4. What is Tom Black's advise in a letter he writes to Beryl?
(a) To purchase a tea plantation.
(b) To leave British East Africa.
(c) Do not scout elephants from the air.
(d) To stop training horses.
5. What does Beryl find when she arrives at Ithumba?
(a) The camp has been ransacked.
(b) The hunting party is drunk.
(c) The hunting party has not arrived.
(d) The hunting party has killed a lot of game.
6. Where does Tom Black move to after he leaves British East Africa?
7. Who does Beryl need to get permission from to fly from Juba and Wadi Halfa?
(a) The tribal council.
(b) The French government.
(c) The Italian government.
(d) The RAF.
8. Who is supportive of the decision that Beryl makes in Nairobi?
(a) Lady Delamere.
(b) Karen Blixen.
(c) Arab Kosky.
(d) Arab Ruta.
9. What decision does Beryl make after a plane lands in Nairobi?
(a) To become a nurse.
(b) To become a bush pilot.
(c) To become a writer.
(d) To become an advocate for the indigenous people.
10. Why is Beryl not allowed to leave Cairo as quickly as she has in the past?
(a) Their papers have been misplaced.
(b) The weather is bad.
(c) The official she knows is not in town.
(d) They are not allowed to transport alcohol.
11. Who is the passenger in the plane that lands in Nairobi?
(a) A railroad worker who is injured after a dynamite explosion.
(b) A man who is injured in a mine collapse.
(c) A man who is mauled by a lion.
(d) A man who has been stabbed.
12. What is the nature of the phone call Beryl receives after she arrives in London?
(a) The mechanics have done a complete check on her plane.
(b) That this day would be the best weather for a transatlantic flight.
(c) She is invited to a coctkail party as the Duke of Gloucester's guest.
(d) Her father is wishing her luck.
13. Where are Beryl and Blix grounded on their transcontinental flight?
(d) Addis Ababa.
14. Who teaches Beryl how to fly?
(a) Tom Black.
(b) Denys Finch Hatton.
15. Why does Beryl need to get permission to fly from Juba and Wadi Halfa?
(a) Because it is a swamp and a pilot would be stranded if he or she has to land.
(b) There are many hostile natives in the area.
(c) The plane may be a security threat.
(d) The government needs to track all customs in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Beryl and Blix land in Amseat?
2. Where does Beryl's plane land after her historic transatlantic flight?
3. Why are Beryl and Blix delayed in Benghazi?
4. What happens after Beryl and Blix leave Cagliari?
5. What does Beryl notice when scouting elephants?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)