|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Arab Maina killed?
(a) In a battle with another warrior.
(b) By a lion in a hunting party.
(c) In a colonial jail.
(d) Fighting in World War I.
2. What happens to Arab Kosky after he traps a warthog in a hole?
(a) He crawls in after the hog and it charges and cuts Arab Kosky's arm.
(b) He falls into another hole and breaks his leg.
(c) The warthog runs out of the hole and cuts him in the leg.
(d) He is busy looking into the hole and he is attacked by a leopard.
3. What eventually happens to Beryl's pet zebra that follows her home after an outing during her childhood?
(a) Beryl sets it free.
(b) She sells it to a local farm.
(c) One day it disappears.
(d) She gives it to a native boy.
4. What do Beryl and her dog do during Beryl's childhood?
(a) They play in a river.
(b) They assist Lord Delamere on his ranch.
(c) They go hunting with the Murani Masai people.
(d) They explore the vicinity near their farm.
5. What does Beryl discover about the acquaintance she encounters while assisting Woody?
(a) He lost his arm to a lion attack.
(b) He is a fugitive from the law.
(c) He has malaria.
(d) He is married and has children.
6. What part of Beryl's body does the lion bite?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her shoulder.
(c) Her waist.
(d) Her leg.
7. What do Beryl and Kibii want from a Wandorobo?
(a) Some shells for a ritual.
(b) To give them poison for their arrow tips.
(c) Some bones from a wildebeast.
(d) To take them to Kaptama.
8. What is Beryl's plane not equipped with?
(a) A fuel gauge.
(b) A passenger seat.
(c) Landing gear.
(d) A radio.
9. Why is Beryl eager to leave Nungwe?
(a) She wants to search for a missing pilot.
(b) Ebert makes her feel uneasy.
(c) There are reports of a lion in the area.
(d) It is getting late and she is tired.
10. How is Beryl able to track her dog when he chases after a warthog during a hunting outing with the Murani Masai?
(a) By his barks and a trail of blood.
(b) By following trampled grass.
(c) Arab Maina assists her by tracking him down.
(d) Another dog follows his scent.
11. Who does Beryl see before meeting up with the lion on the farm?
(a) Mrs. Elkington.
(c) Lord Delamere.
(d) Bishon Singh.
12. What does a Nandi boy do after Beryl beats him at a native game?
(a) He stabs her in the leg.
(b) He cries.
(c) He congratulates her.
(d) He runs away.
13. What is the name of the racehorse that Beryl's father buys from England?
14. What is unique about Beryl as a pilot?
(a) She is English.
(b) She is the only female pilot in Africa at the time.
(c) She is blind.
(d) She is self-taught.
15. Where does Beryl's father get a job as a horse trainer?
(c) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kibii?
2. Who does Beryl stop to assist when his car breaks down?
3. What is the first animal that is killed on a hunting trip that Beryl goes on with the Masani Murai?
4. Why is Beryl reluctant to go on the emergency mission to Nungwe?
5. Why is Woody's plane not suited for flying in Africa?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)