|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Beryl's body does the lion bite?
(a) Her leg.
(b) Her arm.
(c) Her waist.
(d) Her shoulder.
2. Where is Rothschild's camp?
(a) In the Kakamega Forest.
(b) Int he Great Rift Valley.
(c) On the Serengeti Plains.
(d) Near Lake Victoria.
3. What happens to Beryl and her father as a result of a drought?
(a) They have to accept food from neighbors.
(b) They are forced to sell the farm.
(c) They have to borrow money from relatives.
(d) They have to move back to England.
4. What eventually happens years later to the lion that attacks Beryl?
(a) It is killed by another lion.
(b) The owners are forced to have the lion shot.
(c) It is sold to a zoo.
(d) It is sold to a circus.
5. Who comes to Beryl's assistance after the lion attacks her?
(a) Lord Delamere.
(b) A farm hand.
(c) Mr. Elkington.
(d) Beryl's father.
6. Where do Beryl and her dog wait during the instance that Beryl recalls from her childhood?
(a) In a hut.
(b) On a rock.
(c) In a clearing.
(d) In a cave.
7. Why is the Murani Masai hunting party unable to find wild boar where they expect?
(a) Another hunting party had been through the area earlier.
(b) There is a lion.
(c) A drought has killed many of the boar.
(d) The government is building a salt mine at that location.
8. What does Beryl spot while searching for Woody?
(b) A path where the grass has been bent down.
(c) Any sign of Woody.
9. What does Beryl nearly miss while reminiscing about her past in Book 1, Chapter 3?
(a) A flashing light on the ground.
(b) A silver glitter shaped like a pond.
(c) A red flag.
(d) Brush clumped together like an arrow.
10. What does seeing zebras remind Beryl of while searching for Woody?
(a) That water is scarce this time of year.
(b) A local superstition.
(c) Hunting with native tribesmen.
(d) A childhood outing.
11. What do Beryl and Kibii want from a Wandorobo?
(a) Some shells for a ritual.
(b) Some bones from a wildebeast.
(c) To give them poison for their arrow tips.
(d) To take them to Kaptama.
12. Which one of these is NOT one of Beryl Markham's professions?
(a) A taxidermist.
(b) A bush pilot.
(c) A history making aviatrix.
(d) A horse trainer.
13. What does Beryl think about when leaving the farm on horseback?
(a) About her mother.
(b) About about her childhood friends.
(c) About having to kill the baboon her father had befriended during her childhood.
(d) About what will happen to her.
14. What saddens Beryl's acquaintance whom she encounters while assisting Woody?
(a) Woody's condition.
(b) That a mutual friend has died.
(c) That Beryl is flying airplanes.
(d) That Beryl has not married.
15. Where did Beryl Markham grow up?
(a) On a farm.
(b) In a tribal community.
(c) In a small village.
(d) In a city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Arab Kosky after he traps a warthog in a hole?
2. What was Beryl supposed to be doing during one instance she recalls from her childhood when she and her dog take off?
3. Who owns the farm where there is a lion that is allowed to roam free?
4. What eventually happens to Beryl's pet zebra that follows her home after an outing during her childhood?
5. Why is Beryl reluctant to go on the emergency mission to Nungwe?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)