|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 16, Ivory and Sansevieria.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Beryl eighteen months after she begins flying lessons?
(a) She fails her exam and has to retake her lessons.
(b) She has to stop taking lessons to attend to her ailing father.
(c) Beryl makes a solo flight to Uganda.
(d) She receives her B license.
2. Why does Beryl's father buy the land where his farm stands?
(a) Because it is cheap and fertile.
(b) Because a river runs through it.
(c) It is close to the capitol.
(d) It is close to his cousin's farm.
3. Why does Arab Maina hold up a gourd with bull's blood and curdled milk?
(a) He wants someone to hang it on a tree so wild animals will not eat the mixture.
(b) It is an offering to God for the strength to make a good hunt.
(c) It is a threat to anyone who does not do his share on the hunt.
(d) He will use that mixture in a stew made with the meat they hunt.
4. What does Beryl nearly miss while reminiscing about her past in Book 1, Chapter 3?
(a) A flashing light on the ground.
(b) Brush clumped together like an arrow.
(c) A red flag.
(d) A silver glitter shaped like a pond.
5. Why does Beryl accept the mission to Nungwe?
(a) She wants the thrill of adventure.
(b) She wants to prove herself to the other pilots.
(c) She needs to log more flight time.
(d) She knows a man needs her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man with Blackwater discuss with Beryl?
2. Where does Beryl's father get a job as a horse trainer?
3. From whom does Beryl receive a telegram after she receives the letter from Tom Black?
4. Where does Beryl's father advise her to move after he gets a job as a horse trainer?
5. What does Beryl discover about the acquaintance she encounters while assisting Woody?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)