|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 11, My Trail is North.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about Beryl as a pilot?
(a) She is the only female pilot in Africa at the time.
(b) She is blind.
(c) She is self-taught.
(d) She is English.
2. How does Beryl's father spend the rest of their available funds?
(a) Buying a ticket on a steamliner.
(b) On food.
(c) Paying the hired help.
(d) Fulfilling contracts at the gristmill.
3. What does Carl Hastings tell Beryl about the bet with the dying man at Nungwe?
(a) That he won the bet.
(b) That he lost the bet.
(c) That the bet was with another man, not Hastings.
(d) That he has no recollection of the dying man or the bet.
4. What is Rothschild's camp?
(a) A mining camp.
(b) A hotel for high society colonists.
(c) A camp for railway workers.
(d) A refuge for hunting parties.
5. Why does Beryl fly to Rothschild's camp?
(a) To refuel her plane.
(b) Because it was on Woody's flight plan.
(c) To get something to eat.
(d) To ask if anyone has seen Woody.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Beryl and Woody encounter while Beryl is helping Woody to her plane?
2. What is the pregnant horse's name?
3. What does the lion do the night it attacks Beryl?
4. What feat gives Beryl Markham celebrity status?
5. Where does Beryl's father get a job as a horse trainer?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)