|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 11, My Trail is North.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Kibii?
(a) A Kikuyu tribesman.
(b) Arab Maina's son.
(c) A stable boy on Beryl's father's farm.
(d) One of the Elkington's farm hands.
2. What happens to the bird that could whistle during Beryl's childhood?
(a) They sell it to a boy.
(b) It whistles for the dogs that kill it.
(c) It flies away.
(d) It dies in a fire.
3. What bet does the man at Blackwater say he had with Carl Hastings?
(a) That Carl Hastings couldn't eat ten blood sausages in ten minutes.
(b) That Carl Hastings couldn't swim across the English Channel.
(c) That Carl Hastings would never marry.
(d) That Carl Hastings would not hunt and kill a lion.
4. What does Beryl see while flying over an area a second time while searching for Woody?
(a) A bushfire.
(b) A heard of wildebeast.
(c) Woody's plane.
(d) A tribe of Masai.
5. What does seeing zebras remind Beryl of while searching for Woody?
(a) A childhood outing.
(b) Hunting with native tribesmen.
(c) That water is scarce this time of year.
(d) A local superstition.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Beryl's father get a job as a horse trainer?
2. What does the lion that attacks Beryl do to its owner?
3. What does the lion do the night it attacks Beryl?
4. What happens after the mare gives birth?
5. What is the first animal that is killed on a hunting trip that Beryl goes on with the Masani Murai?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)