|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9, Royal Exile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beryl's dog's condition when she finds him after he chases after a warthog?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is lively and uninjured.
(c) He is half dead.
(d) He has a few scratches.
2. What is Beryl's reaction to the man with Blackwater at Nungwe?
(a) She is intrigued by his appearance.
(b) She is repulsed by his appearance.
(c) She is really sympathetic.
(d) She is indifferent.
3. What does the lion that attacks Beryl do to its owner?
(a) It chases the owner up a tree.
(b) It runs away from the owner.
(c) It mauls the owner.
(d) It ignores the owner.
4. What does Carl Hastings tell Beryl about the bet with the dying man at Nungwe?
(a) That the bet was with another man, not Hastings.
(b) That he lost the bet.
(c) That he has no recollection of the dying man or the bet.
(d) That he won the bet.
5. What is the first animal that is killed on a hunting trip that Beryl goes on with the Masani Murai?
(a) A jackal.
(b) A reed-buck.
(c) A gazelle.
(d) A kudu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most of the flour produced by Beryl's father's gristmill used for?
2. Who does Beryl see before meeting up with the lion on the farm?
3. What part of Beryl's body does the lion bite?
4. What does Beryl's acquaintance offer to Beryl and Woody?
5. What bet does the man at Blackwater say he had with Carl Hastings?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)