|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9, Royal Exile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Beryl fly to Rothschild's camp?
(a) To ask if anyone has seen Woody.
(b) To get something to eat.
(c) Because it was on Woody's flight plan.
(d) To refuel her plane.
2. What does Beryl investigate while searching for Woody?
(a) A clearing in the brush.
(b) A gathering of people.
(c) A glint of water.
(d) Some smoke on the ground.
3. Why does Beryl's father buy the land where his farm stands?
(a) Because it is cheap and fertile.
(b) Because a river runs through it.
(c) It is close to the capitol.
(d) It is close to his cousin's farm.
4. What is the runway like when Beryl lands at Nungwe?
(a) It is too short.
(b) It is lit with torches.
(c) It has plant roots and other debris.
(d) It is in great condition because emergency planes land there frequently.
5. What does Beryl see while flying over an area a second time while searching for Woody?
(a) A bushfire.
(b) A heard of wildebeast.
(c) A tribe of Masai.
(d) Woody's plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beryl fulfill Ebert's promise to the man with Blackwater at Nungwe?
2. Which one of these is NOT one of Beryl Markham's professions?
3. What is Woody suffering from when Beryl finds him?
4. Who is Kibii?
5. What company does Woody fly for?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)