|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 4, Why Do We Fly?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bet does the man at Blackwater say he had with Carl Hastings?
(a) That Carl Hastings couldn't swim across the English Channel.
(b) That Carl Hastings couldn't eat ten blood sausages in ten minutes.
(c) That Carl Hastings would not hunt and kill a lion.
(d) That Carl Hastings would never marry.
2. What does Beryl nearly miss while reminiscing about her past in Book 1, Chapter 3?
(a) A red flag.
(b) A flashing light on the ground.
(c) Brush clumped together like an arrow.
(d) A silver glitter shaped like a pond.
3. What does Beryl investigate while searching for Woody?
(a) A gathering of people.
(b) A clearing in the brush.
(c) A glint of water.
(d) Some smoke on the ground.
4. What kind of plane does Woody fly?
(a) A Salmson 2A2.
(b) A Grumman G-21 Goose.
(c) A German Klemm monoplane.
(d) A Piper Cub.
5. Why is Beryl eager to leave Nungwe?
(a) It is getting late and she is tired.
(b) She wants to search for a missing pilot.
(c) There are reports of a lion in the area.
(d) Ebert makes her feel uneasy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company does Woody fly for?
2. Where does Beryl see Carl Hastings many years after speaking with the man at Nungwe?
3. Where does Beryl eventually find Woody?
4. What is Beryl's plane not equipped with?
5. What does Beryl see while flying over an area a second time while searching for Woody?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)