|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 4, Why Do We Fly?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the wind sock not helpful when Beryl lands at Nungwe?
(a) It is too dark to see the sock.
(b) The sock falls on the ground.
(c) The sock is sewn shut.
(d) The sock is hidden by some brush.
2. What does Ebert promise the man with Blackwater at Nungwe?
(a) That Beryl would come and talk with him.
(b) That Beryl would bring him some gin.
(c) That Beryl would deliver a message to his family.
(d) That Beryl would take him to a hospital in Nairobi.
3. What bet does the man at Blackwater say he had with Carl Hastings?
(a) That Carl Hastings couldn't swim across the English Channel.
(b) That Carl Hastings couldn't eat ten blood sausages in ten minutes.
(c) That Carl Hastings would not hunt and kill a lion.
(d) That Carl Hastings would never marry.
4. What does Beryl see after leaving Rothschild's camp?
(b) A native village.
(c) A yellow cloud billowing up.
(d) A rainbow.
5. What is Rothschild's camp?
(a) A camp for railway workers.
(b) A refuge for hunting parties.
(c) A hotel for high society colonists.
(d) A mining camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Beryl and Ebert do after she drops off the oxygen at Nungwe?
2. What is Woody suffering from when Beryl finds him?
3. What does the man with Blackwater discuss with Beryl?
4. What is Beryl's childhood horse's name?
5. What company does Woody fly for?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)