|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 4, Why Do We Fly?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Beryl and Ebert do after she drops off the oxygen at Nungwe?
(a) They make repairs to Beryl's plane.
(b) They have tea together.
(c) Ebert gives her a tour.
(d) They tend to the dying man.
2. What does Ebert want Beryl to tell him about when she drops off the oxygen at Nungwe?
(a) The weather report for the next day.
(b) Her childhood.
(c) News from the large cities.
3. Which one of these is NOT one of Beryl Markham's professions?
(a) A taxidermist.
(b) A history making aviatrix.
(c) A bush pilot.
(d) A horse trainer.
4. Who do Beryl and Woody encounter while Beryl is helping Woody to her plane?
(a) A Sikh who used to work on Beryl's father's farm.
(b) A former neighbor.
(c) A government official.
(d) One of Beryl's childhood friends.
5. What does the man with Blackwater discuss with Beryl?
(a) He discusses his family.
(b) He discusses people he had once known.
(c) He discusses his illness.
(d) He discusses the weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feat gives Beryl Markham celebrity status?
2. Where is Rothschild's camp?
3. What was Beryl Markham's father's profession?
4. Why does Beryl accept the mission to Nungwe?
5. Why does Beryl fly to Rothschild's camp?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)