|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 4, Why Do We Fly?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Beryl eventually find Woody?
(a) Under a tree.
(b) In a crevice.
(c) In the cockpit of his plane.
(d) Lying between two large boulders.
2. Why is the wind sock not helpful when Beryl lands at Nungwe?
(a) It is too dark to see the sock.
(b) The sock falls on the ground.
(c) The sock is hidden by some brush.
(d) The sock is sewn shut.
3. Why is Woody's plane not suited for flying in Africa?
(a) Because Africa has strong wind currents that can send the plane into a spin.
(b) Because Africa is hot and the engine overheats easily.
(c) Because Africa is too wild and spread out.
(d) The plane needs a long runway that is typically not available.
4. From where does Beryl receive an urgent message?
(a) A mining camp.
(b) A hunting camp.
(c) A farm.
(d) A native tribal territory.
5. Which one of these is NOT one of Beryl Markham's professions?
(a) A horse trainer.
(b) A history making aviatrix.
(c) A taxidermist.
(d) A bush pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bet does the man at Blackwater say he had with Carl Hastings?
2. Where is Rothschild's camp?
3. What is the runway like when Beryl lands at Nungwe?
4. Who do Beryl and Woody encounter while Beryl is helping Woody to her plane?
5. What does Beryl investigate while searching for Woody?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)