Book 1, Chapter 1, Message from Nungwe
1. Which one of these is NOT one of Beryl Markham's professions?
(a) A history making aviatrix.
(b) A horse trainer.
(c) A bush pilot.
(d) A taxidermist.
2. What was Beryl Markham's father's profession?
(a) A horse trainer.
(b) A manufacturer.
(c) A missionary.
(d) A cattle rancher.
3. Where did Beryl Markham grow up?
(a) On a farm.
(b) In a tribal community.
(c) In a small village.
(d) In a city.
4. What feat gives Beryl Markham celebrity status?
(a) Flying from east to west across the Atlantic Ocean.
(b) Being a best-selling author.
(c) Serving as a pilot in World War One.
(d) Starring in a motion picture.
5. From where does Beryl receive an urgent message?
(a) A native tribal territory.
(b) A farm.
(c) A mining camp.
(d) A hunting camp.
6. What does Beryl need to bring on her emergency mission to Nungwe?
(b) First aid supplies.
7. Why is Beryl reluctant to go on the emergency mission to Nungwe?
(a) She does not have a radio.
(b) She wants to search for a missing pilot.
(c) She is alone.
(d) It is dark.
This section contains 5,634 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)