|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the large mast on an island for?
2. How much was each gold piece given to Laura in San Francisco worth?
3. What island had a large mast on it?
4. What about Pelkie was never explained, according to the footnote?
5. What did the people at The Presidio live in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who were some of the famous people that Rose came in contact with in her career, and how did her interactions with these people change her life?
Essay Topic 2
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Many different people in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What were some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect their lives?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)