Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Pelkie was never explained, according to the footnote?
2. What did Laura do after seeing the Exposition?
3. What was Laura able to tour at The Presidio?
4. What was the man on the street car chewing after the Exposition?
5. What kind of arrangement did Bess know her husband would like to see?
Essay Topic 1
Freedom of expression was a crucial theme and symbol in this book and in Rose's life. How was this theme presented, and how did its place in this book affect the main people in Rose's life?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the editor felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
How did Rose show her ambitious spirit, and what did her parents think of this?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)