Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Pelkie was never explained, according to the footnote?
2. What did Laura do after seeing the Exposition?
3. What was Laura able to tour at The Presidio?
4. What was the man on the street car chewing after the Exposition?
5. What kind of arrangement did Bess know her husband would like to see?
Essay Topic 1
What was Laura's opinion of Gillette, and where did these ideas come from?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety were common themes throughout this book. What were some of the instances where these themes were present, and why were they so important to the people involved?
Essay Topic 3
Freedom of expression was a crucial theme and symbol in this book and in Rose's life. How was this theme presented, and how did its place in this book affect the main people in Rose's life?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)