|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Pelkie was never explained, according to the footnote?
2. What did Laura do after seeing the Exposition?
3. What was Laura able to tour at The Presidio?
4. What was the man on the street car chewing after the Exposition?
5. What kind of arrangement did Bess know her husband would like to see?
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What was Laura's writing process, and how did she come to create this process for herself?
Essay Topic 3
What were Laura's feelings about intimacy and marriage, and what events in her life led her to these ideals?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)