|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Laura not write about everything she saw at the fair?
2. Why did Laura spend most of her time at the Exposition with Gillette?
3. How did Rose know Pelkie?
4. How much was Rose giving Laura each week in return for help on her writing?
5. What did Bess work on while visiting her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura think about the Kreislers?
2. Why did Laura ask her husband to send all further mail to Rose's house?
3. What did Rose say in a postcard about the dog show she and Laura went to?
4. What was the private letter about?
5. What injury did Laura incur while in San Francisco?
6. What kind of machine did Laura see at the Fair that she thought would be beneficial to her farm?
7. What was so interesting about the watch seen on a sight seeing trip?
8. What about Goat Island was so intriguing to Laura?
9. What is the only negative comment Laura made about Gillette?
10. What did Laura assure Almanzo of at the end of her letter about finances?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Laura learn about her own life after observing Rose's chosen lifestyle, and how did these lessons change her life?
Essay Topic 2
What did the title of this book mean? How was it significant to Laura's life and writings?
Essay Topic 3
What was Laura's opinion of Gillette, and where did these ideas come from?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)