|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crop was at risk if Laura stayed as long as Rose asked?
2. Why did Laura spend most of her time at the Exposition with Gillette?
3. Where did Rose hope her parents would like living?
4. How much was Rose giving Laura each week in return for help on her writing?
5. What did Laura send literature about to Manly about after her visit to the fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the private letter about?
2. What happened to make Rose afraid for her mother's safety?
3. What did Laura think about the Kreislers?
4. What injury did Laura incur while in San Francisco?
5. What did Kreisler say about the treatment of soldiers in his unit?
6. How did Laura describe the fog horns?
7. What did Laura assure Almanzo of at the end of her letter about finances?
8. What did Gillette promise to do for the Wilders when he got a good job?
9. What did Laura take time to describe from the wood exhibit at the Fair, and why?
10. What was a big threat to the vineyard owners in the Santa Clara Valley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were Laura's feelings about intimacy and marriage, and what events in her life led her to these ideals?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Laura and Rose have such a strong bond, and how did this relationship change Rose's life?
Essay Topic 3
How did Rose gain her education, and what did this indicate about her personality?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)