|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people did the largest theater in the U.S. hold at the time of this book?
2. What branch of the military was Gillette's friend in?
3. What did Laura say all men have a fondness for?
4. What did Berta do for Laura?
5. Where was the Keen Kutter exhibit placed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura say about her life after seeing how hard Rose worked at her own job?
2. What did Gillette promise to do for the Wilders when he got a good job?
3. What did Laura think about the Kreislers?
4. What was a big threat to the vineyard owners in the Santa Clara Valley?
5. What did the editor say about Rolf Pelkie in a footnote?
6. What happened to make Rose afraid for her mother's safety?
7. Why did Rose tell her father she would keep her mother away from scones for a while?
8. What did Rose say in a postcard about the dog show she and Laura went to?
9. What was the private letter about?
10. What was so interesting about the watch seen on a sight seeing trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who were some of the famous people that Rose came in contact with in her career, and how did her interactions with these people change her life?
Essay Topic 2
What did Laura learn about her own life after observing Rose's chosen lifestyle, and how did these lessons change her life?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how did these instances affect the people involved in those situations?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)