|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children had the musician Rose wrote about adopted?
2. What did Laura write about Manly purchasing?
3. How much was Rose giving Laura each week in return for help on her writing?
4. What branch of the military was Gillette's friend in?
5. How did Rose's editor feel about her story about the musician?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to make Rose afraid for her mother's safety?
2. What was a big threat to the vineyard owners in the Santa Clara Valley?
3. What did Laura say about her life after seeing how hard Rose worked at her own job?
4. What did Gillette promise to do for the Wilders when he got a good job?
5. How did Rose introduce her mother to her friends, and how did Laura respond to this?
6. What did Laura assure Almanzo of at the end of her letter about finances?
7. What kind of machine did Laura see at the Fair that she thought would be beneficial to her farm?
8. What did Laura like best about Berkeley?
9. How did Laura describe the fog horns?
10. What did Laura take time to describe from the wood exhibit at the Fair, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Laura's opinion of Gillette, and where did these ideas come from?
Essay Topic 2
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how did these instances affect the people involved in those situations?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)