|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What island had a large mast on it?
2. What show did Laura go see with Rose at the Fair?
3. Who took Laura to The Presidio?
4. What did Laura send from Rose for Manly to read?
5. What would Almanzo have to do if Laura decided to stay as long as Rose asked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Rose tell her father she would keep her mother away from scones for a while?
2. What was the private letter about?
3. What injury did Laura incur while in San Francisco?
4. What did the editor say about Rolf Pelkie in a footnote?
5. What did Laura write about Rolf Pelkie?
6. What happened to make Rose afraid for her mother's safety?
7. What did Laura say about her life after seeing how hard Rose worked at her own job?
8. What did Gillette promise to do for the Wilders when he got a good job?
9. What did Laura say was her main reason for taking the trip to San Francsico?
10. What did Laura think about the Kreislers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Laura's writing process, and how did she come to create this process for herself?
Essay Topic 2
How did Rose gain her education, and what did this indicate about her personality?
Essay Topic 3
Many different people in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What were some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect their lives?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)