|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of arrangement did Bess know her husband would like to see?
2. What was Rose writing about when she visited the Exposition?
3. What was the large mast on an island for?
4. How much did Laura say the trip back to Missouri would cost?
5. How much was each gold piece given to Laura in San Francisco worth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura think about the Kreislers?
2. What did Rose say in a postcard about the dog show she and Laura went to?
3. What did Laura take time to describe from the wood exhibit at the Fair, and why?
4. How did Rose introduce her mother to her friends, and how did Laura respond to this?
5. What did Laura write about Rolf Pelkie?
6. What did Kreisler say about the treatment of soldiers in his unit?
7. What about Goat Island was so intriguing to Laura?
8. What did the editor say about Rolf Pelkie in a footnote?
9. What was so interesting about the watch seen on a sight seeing trip?
10. How did Laura describe the fog horns?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Gillette deal with his finances, and how did this affect his standing with his family members?
Essay Topic 2
How did Rose gain her education, and what did this indicate about her personality?
Essay Topic 3
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)