|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was stolen from Laura's farm while she was gone?
2. What did Laura send literature about to Manly about after her visit to the fair?
3. Where was Pelkie from?
4. How many films did Rose take Laura to see?
5. What inspired the thing that Laura sent Manly from Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only negative comment Laura made about Gillette?
2. How did Rose introduce her mother to her friends, and how did Laura respond to this?
3. What was the private letter about?
4. Why did Laura mark one of her letters as private?
5. What did Kreisler say about the treatment of soldiers in his unit?
6. What was a big threat to the vineyard owners in the Santa Clara Valley?
7. What did Gillette promise to do for the Wilders when he got a good job?
8. What did Laura say about her life after seeing how hard Rose worked at her own job?
9. What kind of machine did Laura see at the Fair that she thought would be beneficial to her farm?
10. What injury did Laura incur while in San Francisco?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Laura and Rose have such a strong bond, and how did this relationship change Rose's life?
Essay Topic 2
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Who were some of the famous people that Rose came in contact with in her career, and how did her interactions with these people change her life?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)