Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Pelkie was never explained, according to the footnote?
2. What did Laura do after seeing the Exposition?
3. What was Laura able to tour at The Presidio?
4. What was the man on the street car chewing after the Exposition?
5. What kind of arrangement did Bess know her husband would like to see?
Essay Topic 1
What were Laura's feelings about intimacy and marriage, and what events in her life led her to these ideals?
Essay Topic 2
How did Gillette deal with his finances, and how did this affect his standing with his family members?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety were common themes throughout this book. What were some of the instances where these themes were present, and why were they so important to the people involved?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)