|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Roger Lee MacBride know Rose?
2. What could be seen from Rose's house?
3. What was Rose's married name?
4. What season did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
5. Which of the following was a premier feature at the Exposition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of farm did Gillette take Laura to, and why?
2. What did Laura and Rose see some sailors doing at the pier?
3. What did Laura like to see while at The Bay?
4. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
5. When the train was heading to Salt Lake, what did Laura say would have made her trip twice as fun?
6. What was the first letter written by Laura to and about?
7. What made Laura disconcerted on her trip across the desert?
8. What does Laura tell her husband to do to stay happy?
9. What did Laura say about the Rocky Mountains?
10. How did Laura describe her first view of the Pacific Ocean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how did these instances affect the people involved in those situations?
Essay Topic 2
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What was Laura's writing process, and how did she come to create this process for herself?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)