|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was a premier feature at the Exposition?
2. What was Almanzo's nick name?
3. Who was the first person Rose wrote a biography for?
4. What surprised Laura about the cannery she visited with Rose?
5. How did Laura feel about Telegraph Hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
2. What made Laura disconcerted on her trip across the desert?
3. What did Laura talk about in the letter she wrote while in Kansas City?
4. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
5. Who built Rose's house, and why was this so significant?
6. How did Laura describe her first view of the Pacific Ocean?
7. Who was Ed Monroe?
8. What was Laura told she would need while she was in Springfield, and what did she do about this?
9. What did Laura write about her time in Chinatown?
10. What kind of farm did Gillette take Laura to, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were Laura's feelings about intimacy and marriage, and what events in her life led her to these ideals?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Laura and Rose have such a strong bond, and how did this relationship change Rose's life?
Essay Topic 3
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which people were most motivated by them?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)