|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rose and her husband take Laura to walk for a few miles?
2. What was the Panama Pacific International Exposition celebrating?
3. What does the editor think was in the missing letters?
4. What was Fremont Older's occupation?
5. What was happening in San Francisco at the same time as the Panama Pacific International Exposition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura say about the Rocky Mountains?
2. How did Laura describe her first view of the Pacific Ocean?
3. What does Laura tell her husband to do to stay happy?
4. What did Laura talk about in the letter she wrote while in Kansas City?
5. What did Laura like to see while at The Bay?
6. Where did Laura first spend a night on her trip, and why?
7. What did Laura, Rose, and Gillette do at the Sutro Estate?
8. What did Laura and Rose see some sailors doing at the pier?
9. What was Laura told she would need while she was in Springfield, and what did she do about this?
10. Who was Ed Monroe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Gillette deal with his finances, and how did this affect his standing with his family members?
Essay Topic 2
Many different people in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What were some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect their lives?
Essay Topic 3
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)