|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
2. What was the occupation of the man who built Rose's house?
3. How old was Rose when Laura came to visit her?
4. Where was Laura walking when she met some sailors?
5. What was an ear spoon used for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Laura so uncomfortable on the trip?
2. What did Laura talk about in the letter she wrote while in Kansas City?
3. What does Laura tell her husband to do to stay happy?
4. What made Laura disconcerted on her trip across the desert?
5. Who built Rose's house, and why was this so significant?
6. What did Laura write about her time in Chinatown?
7. What was Laura's nickname, and why?
8. What was Laura told she would need while she was in Springfield, and what did she do about this?
9. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
10. Where did Laura first spend a night on her trip, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did the title of this book mean? How was it significant to Laura's life and writings?
Essay Topic 2
Freedom of expression was a crucial theme and symbol in this book and in Rose's life. How was this theme presented, and how did its place in this book affect the main people in Rose's life?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how did these instances affect the people involved in those situations?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)