|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Laura feel about San Francisco?
2. Why did Laura say she did not take much notice of the first place Rose took her in San Francisco?
3. What was an ear spoon used for?
4. How did Roger Lee MacBride know Rose?
5. Who built Rose's House?
Short Essay Questions
1. What injury did Laura incur while in San Francisco?
2. What did Gillette promise to do for the Wilders when he got a good job?
3. What was the private letter about?
4. Why did Laura ask her husband to send all further mail to Rose's house?
5. What kind of machine did Laura see at the Fair that she thought would be beneficial to her farm?
6. When the train was heading to Salt Lake, what did Laura say would have made her trip twice as fun?
7. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
8. What did Kreisler say about the treatment of soldiers in his unit?
9. What did Laura say about her life after seeing how hard Rose worked at her own job?
10. What is the only negative comment Laura made about Gillette?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Laura's writing process, and how did she come to create this process for herself?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and security were two themes present in this book. Where did these themes appear, and which people were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
How did Rose gain her education, and what did this indicate about her personality?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)