Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Rose educate herself?
2. What does the editor think was in the missing letters?
3. Whose idea was it for Laura to come to San Francisco?
4. What did Niles take Laura to see?
5. What year did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Rose tell her father she would keep her mother away from scones for a while?
2. What was a big threat to the vineyard owners in the Santa Clara Valley?
3. What kind of farm did Gillette take Laura to, and why?
4. What did Laura like best about Berkeley?
5. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
6. What did Laura take time to describe from the wood exhibit at the Fair, and why?
7. What did Laura talk about in the letter she wrote while in Kansas City?
8. What did Laura, Rose, and Gillette do at the Sutro Estate?
9. How did Laura describe her first view of the Pacific Ocean?
10. What did Laura write about her time in Chinatown?
How did Rose show her ambitious spirit, and what did her parents think of this?
Who were some of the famous people that Rose came in contact with in her career, and how did her interactions with these people change her life?
What were some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how did these instances affect the people involved in those situations?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)