|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was an ear spoon used for?
2. Which of these was not an island that fascinated Laura while touring the Bay?
3. What was Ed Monroe's occupation before he met Laura?
4. Which of the following was a premier feature at the Exposition?
5. What did Niles take Laura to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura talk about in the letter she wrote while in Kansas City?
2. When the train was heading to Salt Lake, what did Laura say would have made her trip twice as fun?
3. Why did Laura not like the Harvard lawyer on the train?
4. What did Laura write about her time in Chinatown?
5. What was the most interesting thing Laura encountered when she visited some farms with Gillette?
6. What was Laura told she would need while she was in Springfield, and what did she do about this?
7. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
8. What did Laura, Rose, and Gillette do at the Sutro Estate?
9. What did Laura say she noticed about her first ferry ride?
10. What did Laura like to see while at The Bay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Laura and Rose have such a strong bond, and how did this relationship change Rose's life?
Essay Topic 2
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Who were some of the famous people that Rose came in contact with in her career, and how did her interactions with these people change her life?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)