|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food in San Francisco did Laura not like?
2. What was Laura longing for after leaving the fruit cannery?
3. What was the occupation of most of the people in the Italian tenement?
4. Where did Rose take Laura when she first got to San Francisco?
5. Which of these was not an island that fascinated Laura while touring the Bay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura like to see while at The Bay?
2. What made Laura so uncomfortable on the trip?
3. How did Laura describe her first view of the Pacific Ocean?
4. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
5. What was Laura told she would need while she was in Springfield, and what did she do about this?
6. What made Laura disconcerted on her trip across the desert?
7. What did Laura talk about in the letter she wrote while in Kansas City?
8. What did Laura, Rose, and Gillette do at the Sutro Estate?
9. What was Laura's nickname, and why?
10. How did Laura describe the Great Salt Lake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Rose show her ambitious spirit, and what did her parents think of this?
Essay Topic 2
Many different people in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord? What were some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect their lives?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how did these instances affect the people involved in those situations?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)