|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Laura's farm?
2. What could be seen from Rose's house?
3. What attribute of San Francisco was Laura most drawn to?
4. What was Niles's occupation?
5. What was the title of Part Two of this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Ed Monroe?
2. What was Laura's nickname, and why?
3. What was Laura told she would need while she was in Springfield, and what did she do about this?
4. What is the only negative comment Laura made about Gillette?
5. What kind of recipes are included at the end of the book?
6. What did Laura say was her main reason for taking the trip to San Francsico?
7. What did the editor say about Rolf Pelkie in a footnote?
8. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
9. Why did Gillette not pay Laura the amount promised before she left to go back home?
10. What did Laura say about the Rocky Mountains?
Essay Topic 1
How did Laura's experience at the World Fair change her life for both good and bad?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different life-styles and ranks in society were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the editor felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
What did the title of this book mean? How was it significant to Laura's life and writings?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)