|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Laura's farm?
2. What did Roger decide to do when he found Laura's letters?
3. What did Rose say she and Laura would do when she was not working?
4. What was Fremont Older's occupation?
5. What was Niles's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Laura disconcerted on her trip across the desert?
2. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
3. How did Laura describe her first view of the Pacific Ocean?
4. What did Laura and Rose see some sailors doing at the pier?
5. What did Laura, Rose, and Gillette do at the Sutro Estate?
6. What does Laura tell her husband to do to stay happy?
7. Who built Rose's house, and why was this so significant?
8. When the train was heading to Salt Lake, what did Laura say would have made her trip twice as fun?
9. What kind of farm did Gillette take Laura to, and why?
10. What was the most interesting thing Laura encountered when she visited some farms with Gillette?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who were some of the famous people that Rose came in contact with in her career, and how did her interactions with these people change her life?
Essay Topic 2
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how did these instances affect the people involved in those situations?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)