Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rose say she and Laura would do when she was not working?
2. What was Rose's married name?
3. What did the sailors that Rose and Laura have as a pet?
4. Where did Rose take Laura when she first got to San Francisco?
5. What does the editor think was in the missing letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was a big threat to the vineyard owners in the Santa Clara Valley?
2. When the train was heading to Salt Lake, what did Laura say would have made her trip twice as fun?
3. What did Laura like best about Berkeley?
4. Who was Ed Monroe?
5. What made up the appendix of this book?
6. How did Laura explain the power that women have in the kitchen in the appendix?
7. What kind of farm did Gillette take Laura to, and why?
8. What did Laura like to see while at The Bay?
9. Why did Laura not like the Harvard lawyer on the train?
10. What is the only negative comment Laura made about Gillette?
Why did Laura and Rose have such a strong bond, and how did this relationship change Rose's life?
Which person did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this person change throughout the book?
What were some of the main changes Laura noted in her letters while traveling West, and what made these changes so exciting to Laura?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)