|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Almanzo give Laura a nick-name?
2. What year did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
3. How much did Rose offer to pay for every week of Laura's visit?
4. Where did Rose and her husband take Laura to walk for a few miles?
5. Where was Laura walking when she met some sailors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura, Rose, and Gillette do at the Sutro Estate?
2. What did Laura like to see while at The Bay?
3. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
4. What was Laura's nickname, and why?
5. What did Laura and Rose see some sailors doing at the pier?
6. What made Laura so uncomfortable on the trip?
7. What did Laura say she noticed about her first ferry ride?
8. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
9. Who was Ed Monroe?
10. Why did Laura not like the Harvard lawyer on the train?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Laura's writing process, and how did she come to create this process for herself?
Essay Topic 2
How did Laura's experience at the World Fair change her life for both good and bad?
Essay Topic 3
What was Laura's opinion of Gillette, and where did these ideas come from?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)