|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rose store her mother's letters?
2. What was Laura's middle name?
3. What did Laura used to do at meal times with her family?
4. Which of these was not a sight to be seen from the top of Telegraph Hill?
5. How did Rose describe the moments she spent at home with her parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Laura describe the Great Salt Lake?
2. What did Laura say she noticed about her first ferry ride?
3. What did Laura say about the Rocky Mountains?
4. What was the most interesting thing Laura encountered when she visited some farms with Gillette?
5. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
6. What made Laura disconcerted on her trip across the desert?
7. What did Laura talk about in the letter she wrote while in Kansas City?
8. Who built Rose's house, and why was this so significant?
9. What did Laura and Rose see some sailors doing at the pier?
10. Why did Laura not like the Harvard lawyer on the train?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Laura learn about her own life after observing Rose's chosen lifestyle, and how did these lessons change her life?
Essay Topic 2
How did Rose show her ambitious spirit, and what did her parents think of this?
Essay Topic 3
Who were some of the famous people that Rose came in contact with in her career, and how did her interactions with these people change her life?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)