|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not a place where Gillette was considering taking a job?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) St. Louis.
(c) Kansas City.
(d) De Smet.
2. What was Pelkie's occupation?
3. How much did the man's hat on the street car move as he chewed after the Exposition?
(a) 4 inches.
(b) 2 inches.
(c) 1 inch.
(d) 3 inches.
4. How much money did Rose make weekly?
5. What did Laura do after seeing the Exposition?
(a) Bought a souvenier poster of it.
(b) Sent a telegram to Manly.
(c) Wrote a detailed letter about it.
(d) Wrote notes about it in a notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Laura able to tour at The Presidio?
2. Who helped Bess with what she was working on while visiting her daughter?
3. What inspired the thing that Laura sent Manly from Rose?
4. Who took Laura to The Presidio?
5. What did Laura say all men have a fondness for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was a big threat to the vineyard owners in the Santa Clara Valley?
2. What did Laura like best about Berkeley?
3. What did Laura write about Rolf Pelkie?
4. Why did Laura ask her husband to send all further mail to Rose's house?
5. What did Laura say about her life after seeing how hard Rose worked at her own job?
6. How did Rose introduce her mother to her friends, and how did Laura respond to this?
7. What injury did Laura incur while in San Francisco?
8. What kind of machine did Laura see at the Fair that she thought would be beneficial to her farm?
9. What did the editor say about Rolf Pelkie in a footnote?
10. Why did Rose tell her father she would keep her mother away from scones for a while?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)