|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the farmhand helping Manly?
(a) Mr. Mill.
(b) Mr. Nall.
(c) Mr. Null.
(d) Mr. Mall.
2. What was sold at the Keen Kutter exhibit?
(b) Book ends.
(c) Hunting weapons.
3. What crop was at risk if Laura stayed as long as Rose asked?
(a) The barley crop.
(b) The potato crop.
(c) The apple crop.
(d) The wheat crop.
4. What inspired the thing that Laura sent Manly from Rose?
(a) The water.
(b) The Fair.
(c) The Exposition.
(d) The fog.
5. How many children had the musician Rose wrote about adopted?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura not like about the valley Rose wanted her to move to?
2. What was The Presidio?
3. What company owned the milk condensery that Laura toured?
4. Where was the musician Rose wrote about from?
5. Who owed Rose a significant amount of money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What injury did Laura incur while in San Francisco?
2. How did Rose introduce her mother to her friends, and how did Laura respond to this?
3. What did Laura think about the Kreislers?
4. What was so interesting about the watch seen on a sight seeing trip?
5. What was the private letter about?
6. What was a big threat to the vineyard owners in the Santa Clara Valley?
7. What did Laura assure Almanzo of at the end of her letter about finances?
8. What did Gillette promise to do for the Wilders when he got a good job?
9. Why did Laura ask her husband to send all further mail to Rose's house?
10. What did the editor say about Rolf Pelkie in a footnote?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)