|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Rose make weekly?
2. Why did Laura not spend much time at the Belgian exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) She started feeling sick.
(b) She did not like it.
(c) There was not time.
(d) It was too expensive.
3. Where was Pelkie from?
4. What crop was at risk if Laura stayed as long as Rose asked?
(a) The apple crop.
(b) The barley crop.
(c) The wheat crop.
(d) The potato crop.
5. How did Rose know Pelkie?
(a) They were neighbors.
(b) They worked together.
(c) They went to church together.
(d) They went to school together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Laura feel about the condensation process?
2. Why was the musician Rose wrote about discharged from the Army?
3. What was the name of the farmhand helping Manly?
4. How much was Rose giving Laura each week in return for help on her writing?
5. What kind of musician was Rose assigned to write about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura write about Rolf Pelkie?
2. What kind of machine did Laura see at the Fair that she thought would be beneficial to her farm?
3. Why did Laura mark one of her letters as private?
4. What did Laura say about her life after seeing how hard Rose worked at her own job?
5. What about Goat Island was so intriguing to Laura?
6. What was the private letter about?
7. What did Laura like best about Berkeley?
8. What did Kreisler say about the treatment of soldiers in his unit?
9. What did Gillette promise to do for the Wilders when he got a good job?
10. How did Rose introduce her mother to her friends, and how did Laura respond to this?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)