|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gillette focus on while there were no newspaper jobs?
(a) Real estate.
(b) His novel.
(c) The Exposition.
(d) Horse tracks.
2. What was Laura able to tour at The Presidio?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A factory.
(c) A battleship.
(d) A vineyard.
3. Where did Rose usually work from?
(a) Her office.
(b) Her editor's house.
(c) Her home.
(d) Her editor's office.
4. What was stolen from Laura's farm while she was gone?
5. What did Gillette blame the lack of newspaper jobs on?
(a) The Fair.
(b) The Prohibition.
(c) The War.
(d) The Depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. What show did Laura go see with Rose at the Fair?
2. Where was Pelkie from?
3. What did the people at The Presidio live in?
4. What was the biggest dog in the show Laura saw with Rose?
5. What was Pelkie's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura take time to describe from the wood exhibit at the Fair, and why?
2. What did Laura say about her life after seeing how hard Rose worked at her own job?
3. What kind of machine did Laura see at the Fair that she thought would be beneficial to her farm?
4. What did the editor say about Rolf Pelkie in a footnote?
5. How did Laura describe the fog horns?
6. What did Laura assure Almanzo of at the end of her letter about finances?
7. What happened to make Rose afraid for her mother's safety?
8. What did Laura write about Rolf Pelkie?
9. What injury did Laura incur while in San Francisco?
10. What about Goat Island was so intriguing to Laura?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)