|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bess like to watch while on Telegraph Hill?
(a) The birds.
(b) The boats.
(c) The traffic.
(d) The clouds.
2. What did Laura not like about the film about Germans?
(a) The brevity.
(b) The broadness.
(c) The brutality.
(d) The boredom.
3. How many children had the musician Rose wrote about adopted?
4. Why did Laura not write about everything she saw at the fair?
(a) She is too tired.
(b) There was too much.
(c) There is not enough paper.
(d) She did not like a lot of what she saw.
5. What company owned the milk condensery that Laura toured?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Rose make weekly?
2. Who owed Rose a significant amount of money?
3. Where did Rose usually work from?
4. What was sold at the Keen Kutter exhibit?
5. What did Berta do for Laura?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the editor say about Rolf Pelkie in a footnote?
2. What was a big threat to the vineyard owners in the Santa Clara Valley?
3. What did Laura take time to describe from the wood exhibit at the Fair, and why?
4. Why did Rose tell her father she would keep her mother away from scones for a while?
5. How did Rose introduce her mother to her friends, and how did Laura respond to this?
6. What did Rose say in a postcard about the dog show she and Laura went to?
7. What did Laura like best about Berkeley?
8. What about Goat Island was so intriguing to Laura?
9. How did Laura describe the fog horns?
10. Why did Laura mark one of her letters as private?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)