|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Pelkie's first name?
2. What was Laura able to tour at The Presidio?
(a) A vineyard.
(b) A factory.
(c) A battleship.
(d) A graveyard.
3. What did Laura compare the place Rose wanted her to live to?
4. How did Laura feel about the condensation process?
(a) It was disgusting.
(b) It was boring.
(c) It was fascinating.
(d) It was unexpected.
5. Where was the Keen Kutter exhibit placed?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) Near a waterfall.
(c) By the entrance.
(d) Close to the food stands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Pelkie's occupation?
2. What did Laura write her account of the milk condensery on?
3. What did Gillette focus on while there were no newspaper jobs?
4. Why was the musician Rose wrote about discharged from the Army?
5. What would Almanzo have to do if Laura decided to stay as long as Rose asked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Rose say in a postcard about the dog show she and Laura went to?
2. What was a big threat to the vineyard owners in the Santa Clara Valley?
3. What did Kreisler say about the treatment of soldiers in his unit?
4. Why did Rose tell her father she would keep her mother away from scones for a while?
5. What did Laura say was her main reason for taking the trip to San Francsico?
6. How did Laura describe the fog horns?
7. What did Laura assure Almanzo of at the end of her letter about finances?
8. What about Goat Island was so intriguing to Laura?
9. Why did Laura mark one of her letters as private?
10. What did Laura write about Rolf Pelkie?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)