|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the man's hat on the street car move as he chewed after the Exposition?
(a) 4 inches.
(b) 2 inches.
(c) 1 inch.
(d) 3 inches.
2. What kind of musician was Rose assigned to write about?
(a) A flautist.
(b) An organist.
(c) A violinist.
(d) A trumpeter.
3. Why did Laura spend most of her time at the Exposition with Gillette?
(a) Gillette was excited.
(b) Rose was sick.
(c) Rose was working.
(d) They couldn't afford three tickets.
4. What was stolen from Laura's farm while she was gone?
5. What was the man on the street car chewing after the Exposition?
(a) Chewing tobacco.
(b) Rubber bands.
(c) Chewing gum.
(d) Beef Jerky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the musician Rose wrote about from?
2. What did Berta do for Laura?
3. Where was Pelkie from?
4. What animal at the exhibit did Laura call ugly but interesting?
5. What was The Presidio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only negative comment Laura made about Gillette?
2. Why did Laura mark one of her letters as private?
3. What did Laura say was her main reason for taking the trip to San Francsico?
4. What happened to make Rose afraid for her mother's safety?
5. What did Kreisler say about the treatment of soldiers in his unit?
6. What did Laura take time to describe from the wood exhibit at the Fair, and why?
7. What was the private letter about?
8. What was a big threat to the vineyard owners in the Santa Clara Valley?
9. Why did Rose tell her father she would keep her mother away from scones for a while?
10. What was so interesting about the watch seen on a sight seeing trip?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)