|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Laura not like about the film about Germans?
(a) The brutality.
(b) The brevity.
(c) The broadness.
(d) The boredom.
2. Who helped Bess with what she was working on while visiting her daughter?
3. What did Laura write her account of the milk condensery on?
(a) A scrap sheet of paper.
(b) A postcard.
(c) A letter.
(d) A book cover.
4. Where could the large mast on an island off of San Francisco reach?
5. What kind of cows did Laura like seeing at the fair?
(a) Jersey cows.
(b) Steinmen Cheese cows.
(c) Black Angus cows.
(d) Carnation milk cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura do after seeing the Exposition?
2. What was the large mast on an island for?
3. What was The Presidio?
4. Why did people think Pelkie disappeared?
5. What was Laura's favorite exhibit at the Exposition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only negative comment Laura made about Gillette?
2. How did Rose introduce her mother to her friends, and how did Laura respond to this?
3. What did Laura say was her main reason for taking the trip to San Francsico?
4. What kind of machine did Laura see at the Fair that she thought would be beneficial to her farm?
5. What did Kreisler say about the treatment of soldiers in his unit?
6. Why did Rose tell her father she would keep her mother away from scones for a while?
7. Why did Laura ask her husband to send all further mail to Rose's house?
8. What did Gillette promise to do for the Wilders when he got a good job?
9. What was so interesting about the watch seen on a sight seeing trip?
10. What did Laura like best about Berkeley?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)