|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Laura not spend much time at the Belgian exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) It was too expensive.
(b) She did not like it.
(c) She started feeling sick.
(d) There was not time.
2. What was the large mast on an island for?
(a) A warning light.
(b) A news transmission.
(c) A telegraph station.
(d) A wireless station.
3. Which of the following was not a place where Gillette was considering taking a job?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) De Smet.
(d) Kansas City.
4. What kind of musician was Rose assigned to write about?
(a) A flautist.
(b) A trumpeter.
(c) A violinist.
(d) An organist.
5. What did Berta do for Laura?
(a) Entertained her when Rose was busy.
(b) Took her on tours.
(c) Illustrated her stories.
(d) Taught her to make sourdough.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Laura feel about the Charlie Chaplin film she saw?
2. What about Pelkie was never explained, according to the footnote?
3. What did Gillette focus on while there were no newspaper jobs?
4. What did Laura send from Rose for Manly to read?
5. What did Laura send literature about to Manly about after her visit to the fair?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)