|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Laura say all men have a fondness for?
(a) Green things.
(d) Soft breezes.
2. What was sold at the Keen Kutter exhibit?
(a) Hunting weapons.
(d) Book ends.
3. What show did Laura go see with Rose at the Fair?
(a) Dogs of all Nations.
(b) Exoctic Creatures.
(c) Animal Kingdom.
(d) Dogs Great and Small.
4. How many children had the musician Rose wrote about adopted?
5. Where could the large mast on an island off of San Francisco reach?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not a place where Gillette was considering taking a job?
2. Why did people think Pelkie disappeared?
3. When did Laura's train ticket expire?
4. What did Laura write about Manly purchasing?
5. What would Almanzo have to do if Laura decided to stay as long as Rose asked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the editor say about Rolf Pelkie in a footnote?
2. Why did Laura ask her husband to send all further mail to Rose's house?
3. What injury did Laura incur while in San Francisco?
4. What happened to make Rose afraid for her mother's safety?
5. How did Laura describe the fog horns?
6. What did Laura say about her life after seeing how hard Rose worked at her own job?
7. What did Laura write about Rolf Pelkie?
8. Why did Laura mark one of her letters as private?
9. What did Laura assure Almanzo of at the end of her letter about finances?
10. What did Laura say was her main reason for taking the trip to San Francsico?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)