|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Berta do for Laura?
(a) Took her on tours.
(b) Illustrated her stories.
(c) Taught her to make sourdough.
(d) Entertained her when Rose was busy.
2. Where was Pelkie from?
3. Which of the following was not a place where Gillette was considering taking a job?
(a) Kansas City.
(b) St. Louis.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) De Smet.
4. Why did Laura not write about everything she saw at the fair?
(a) There was too much.
(b) She is too tired.
(c) She did not like a lot of what she saw.
(d) There is not enough paper.
5. What was sold at the Keen Kutter exhibit?
(a) Book ends.
(d) Hunting weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Laura say the trip back to Missouri would cost?
2. Who helped Bess with what she was working on while visiting her daughter?
3. What show did Laura go see with Rose at the Fair?
4. How did Rose know Pelkie?
5. What did Laura not like about the valley Rose wanted her to move to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was so interesting about the watch seen on a sight seeing trip?
2. Why did Laura ask her husband to send all further mail to Rose's house?
3. What happened to make Rose afraid for her mother's safety?
4. How did Rose introduce her mother to her friends, and how did Laura respond to this?
5. What did Laura say about her life after seeing how hard Rose worked at her own job?
6. What did Rose say in a postcard about the dog show she and Laura went to?
7. What did the editor say about Rolf Pelkie in a footnote?
8. What kind of machine did Laura see at the Fair that she thought would be beneficial to her farm?
9. What was a big threat to the vineyard owners in the Santa Clara Valley?
10. What did Kreisler say about the treatment of soldiers in his unit?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)