|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What branch of the military was Gillette's friend in?
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The Army.
(d) The Navy.
2. What did the people at The Presidio live in?
3. What did Bess work on while visiting her daughter?
4. What did Laura send from Rose for Manly to read?
(a) A story.
(b) A biogrpahy.
(c) A pamphlet.
(d) A book.
5. How many people did the largest theater in the U.S. hold at the time of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura do after seeing the Exposition?
2. Where could the large mast on an island off of San Francisco reach?
3. What island had a large mast on it?
4. What did Laura send literature about to Manly about after her visit to the fair?
5. When did Laura's train ticket expire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Laura describe the fog horns?
2. How did Rose introduce her mother to her friends, and how did Laura respond to this?
3. What did Gillette promise to do for the Wilders when he got a good job?
4. What kind of machine did Laura see at the Fair that she thought would be beneficial to her farm?
5. What was the private letter about?
6. Why did Laura ask her husband to send all further mail to Rose's house?
7. What is the only negative comment Laura made about Gillette?
8. What did the editor say about Rolf Pelkie in a footnote?
9. What injury did Laura incur while in San Francisco?
10. What did Laura like best about Berkeley?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)