|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Rose know Pelkie?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) They worked together.
(c) They were neighbors.
(d) They went to church together.
2. What did Laura write her account of the milk condensery on?
(a) A book cover.
(b) A scrap sheet of paper.
(c) A postcard.
(d) A letter.
3. What was the name of the farmhand helping Manly?
(a) Mr. Null.
(b) Mr. Mall.
(c) Mr. Mill.
(d) Mr. Nall.
4. What branch of the military was Gillette's friend in?
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Navy.
(c) The Air Force.
(d) The Army.
5. What did Laura not like about the valley Rose wanted her to move to?
(a) The smell.
(b) The humidity.
(c) The heat.
(d) The insects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Berta do for Laura?
2. Where was the Keen Kutter exhibit placed?
3. What was Pelkie's first name?
4. What was the man on the street car chewing after the Exposition?
5. How many films did Rose take Laura to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only negative comment Laura made about Gillette?
2. Why did Laura mark one of her letters as private?
3. How did Rose introduce her mother to her friends, and how did Laura respond to this?
4. What did Rose say in a postcard about the dog show she and Laura went to?
5. What did Laura take time to describe from the wood exhibit at the Fair, and why?
6. Why did Laura ask her husband to send all further mail to Rose's house?
7. What did Laura like best about Berkeley?
8. What did Laura say was her main reason for taking the trip to San Francsico?
9. What did Kreisler say about the treatment of soldiers in his unit?
10. What about Goat Island was so intriguing to Laura?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)