|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in the footnote of the letter about Pelkie?
(a) He was an American spy, not German.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He was not really German.
(d) He was not a spy.
2. What company owned the milk condensery that Laura toured?
3. How did Rose know Pelkie?
(a) They worked together.
(b) They went to church together.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They were neighbors.
4. What did Laura write her account of the milk condensery on?
(a) A book cover.
(b) A postcard.
(c) A letter.
(d) A scrap sheet of paper.
5. What was Pelkie's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Berta do for Laura?
2. Why did Laura not write about everything she saw at the fair?
3. What did Laura not like about the valley Rose wanted her to move to?
4. What did Laura say all men have a fondness for?
5. Who helped Bess with what she was working on while visiting her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura assure Almanzo of at the end of her letter about finances?
2. What did Laura write about Rolf Pelkie?
3. What did Laura say about her life after seeing how hard Rose worked at her own job?
4. What did Gillette promise to do for the Wilders when he got a good job?
5. What happened to make Rose afraid for her mother's safety?
6. Why did Laura mark one of her letters as private?
7. What injury did Laura incur while in San Francisco?
8. What kind of machine did Laura see at the Fair that she thought would be beneficial to her farm?
9. What did Laura think about the Kreislers?
10. How did Laura describe the fog horns?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)