|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Laura's train ticket expire?
(a) October 15.
(b) November 5.
(c) November 15.
(d) October 25.
2. How did Laura feel about the condensation process?
(a) It was boring.
(b) It was disgusting.
(c) It was unexpected.
(d) It was fascinating.
3. Where did Rose hope her parents would like living?
(a) Napa Valley.
(b) Mill Valley.
(c) San Rosa Valley.
(d) Santa Clara Valley.
4. Where did Laura later publish her description of the Exposition?
(a) The Rocky Ridge Paper.
(b) The Daily Missourian.
(c) The Missouri Ruralist.
(d) The De Smet Post.
5. What kind of cows did Laura like seeing at the fair?
(a) Carnation milk cows.
(b) Jersey cows.
(c) Steinmen Cheese cows.
(d) Black Angus cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the farmhand helping Manly?
2. What was in the footnote of the letter about Pelkie?
3. What inspired the thing that Laura sent Manly from Rose?
4. What would Almanzo have to do if Laura decided to stay as long as Rose asked?
5. How much did Laura say the trip back to Missouri would cost?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to make Rose afraid for her mother's safety?
2. Why did Laura ask her husband to send all further mail to Rose's house?
3. What injury did Laura incur while in San Francisco?
4. What is the only negative comment Laura made about Gillette?
5. What did Laura say was her main reason for taking the trip to San Francsico?
6. Why did Rose tell her father she would keep her mother away from scones for a while?
7. What did the editor say about Rolf Pelkie in a footnote?
8. How did Rose introduce her mother to her friends, and how did Laura respond to this?
9. What about Goat Island was so intriguing to Laura?
10. What was the private letter about?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)