|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helped Bess with what she was working on while visiting her daughter?
2. What was The Presidio?
(a) A migrant village.
(b) An Indian tribe.
(c) An Army reservation.
(d) A plantation.
3. What inspired the thing that Laura sent Manly from Rose?
(a) The fog.
(b) The Fair.
(c) The Exposition.
(d) The water.
4. How much money did Rose make weekly?
5. How many people did the largest theater in the U.S. hold at the time of this book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura write about Manly purchasing?
2. How much was each gold piece given to Laura in San Francisco worth?
3. What did Gillette focus on while there were no newspaper jobs?
4. What was Laura able to tour at The Presidio?
5. How much was Rose giving Laura each week in return for help on her writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What injury did Laura incur while in San Francisco?
2. How did Rose introduce her mother to her friends, and how did Laura respond to this?
3. What about Goat Island was so intriguing to Laura?
4. What did Laura write about Rolf Pelkie?
5. What is the only negative comment Laura made about Gillette?
6. What kind of machine did Laura see at the Fair that she thought would be beneficial to her farm?
7. Why did Rose tell her father she would keep her mother away from scones for a while?
8. What did Kreisler say about the treatment of soldiers in his unit?
9. What did the editor say about Rolf Pelkie in a footnote?
10. What was so interesting about the watch seen on a sight seeing trip?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)