|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children had the musician Rose wrote about adopted?
2. Why did Laura not spend much time at the Belgian exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) She started feeling sick.
(b) It was too expensive.
(c) There was not time.
(d) She did not like it.
3. What did Gillette focus on while there were no newspaper jobs?
(a) Horse tracks.
(b) Real estate.
(c) The Exposition.
(d) His novel.
4. What did Laura write her account of the milk condensery on?
(a) A book cover.
(b) A postcard.
(c) A letter.
(d) A scrap sheet of paper.
5. What was the name of the farmhand helping Manly?
(a) Mr. Null.
(b) Mr. Mall.
(c) Mr. Mill.
(d) Mr. Nall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Rose's editor feel about her story about the musician?
2. What was Pelkie's first name?
3. What was in the footnote of the letter about Pelkie?
4. What did Laura say all men have a fondness for?
5. What did Berta do for Laura?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the editor say about Rolf Pelkie in a footnote?
2. What did Laura think about the Kreislers?
3. What about Goat Island was so intriguing to Laura?
4. What was the private letter about?
5. Why did Laura mark one of her letters as private?
6. What happened to make Rose afraid for her mother's safety?
7. What did Gillette promise to do for the Wilders when he got a good job?
8. What did Laura write about Rolf Pelkie?
9. What did Laura assure Almanzo of at the end of her letter about finances?
10. How did Rose introduce her mother to her friends, and how did Laura respond to this?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)