|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Laura able to tour at The Presidio?
(a) A vineyard.
(b) A factory.
(c) A battleship.
(d) A graveyard.
2. How many people did the largest theater in the U.S. hold at the time of this book?
3. What did Berta do for Laura?
(a) Entertained her when Rose was busy.
(b) Taught her to make sourdough.
(c) Illustrated her stories.
(d) Took her on tours.
4. What did Bess work on while visiting her daughter?
5. How much was Rose giving Laura each week in return for help on her writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What island had a large mast on it?
2. What did Bess like to watch while on Telegraph Hill?
3. What did Laura write about Manly purchasing?
4. How much did Laura say the trip back to Missouri would cost?
5. Why did people think Pelkie disappeared?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura say about her life after seeing how hard Rose worked at her own job?
2. Why did Rose tell her father she would keep her mother away from scones for a while?
3. What happened to make Rose afraid for her mother's safety?
4. What was so interesting about the watch seen on a sight seeing trip?
5. What injury did Laura incur while in San Francisco?
6. Why did Laura mark one of her letters as private?
7. What was the private letter about?
8. What kind of machine did Laura see at the Fair that she thought would be beneficial to her farm?
9. How did Laura describe the fog horns?
10. What was a big threat to the vineyard owners in the Santa Clara Valley?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)