|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Laura not like about the valley Rose wanted her to move to?
(a) The insects.
(b) The smell.
(c) The humidity.
(d) The heat.
2. What was The Presidio?
(a) An Army reservation.
(b) An Indian tribe.
(c) A plantation.
(d) A migrant village.
3. What was the man on the street car chewing after the Exposition?
(a) Chewing gum.
(b) Chewing tobacco.
(c) Rubber bands.
(d) Beef Jerky.
4. What inspired the thing that Laura sent Manly from Rose?
(a) The fog.
(b) The water.
(c) The Exposition.
(d) The Fair.
5. Where did Rose hope her parents would like living?
(a) San Rosa Valley.
(b) Napa Valley.
(c) Santa Clara Valley.
(d) Mill Valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people did the largest theater in the U.S. hold at the time of this book?
2. How much money did Rose make weekly?
3. What did Laura compare the man chewing on the street car to?
4. How much did Laura say the trip back to Missouri would cost?
5. What was the biggest dog in the show Laura saw with Rose?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)