|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Laura send literature about to Manly about after her visit to the fair?
(a) Egg laying techniques.
(b) Automatic milking machines.
(c) Self pasteurizers.
(d) Chicken coops.
2. Where did Rose hope her parents would like living?
(a) Santa Clara Valley.
(b) Napa Valley.
(c) San Rosa Valley.
(d) Mill Valley.
3. What company owned the milk condensery that Laura toured?
4. What was The Presidio?
(a) A migrant village.
(b) An Indian tribe.
(c) A plantation.
(d) An Army reservation.
5. How much did the man's hat on the street car move as he chewed after the Exposition?
(a) 3 inches.
(b) 4 inches.
(c) 2 inches.
(d) 1 inch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was each gold piece given to Laura in San Francisco worth?
2. What did Laura write her account of the milk condensery on?
3. What inspired the thing that Laura sent Manly from Rose?
4. How much was Rose giving Laura each week in return for help on her writing?
5. What did Berta do for Laura?
Short Essay Questions
1. What injury did Laura incur while in San Francisco?
2. What is the only negative comment Laura made about Gillette?
3. What did Laura say was her main reason for taking the trip to San Francsico?
4. Why did Laura ask her husband to send all further mail to Rose's house?
5. What did Laura assure Almanzo of at the end of her letter about finances?
6. Why did Laura mark one of her letters as private?
7. What kind of machine did Laura see at the Fair that she thought would be beneficial to her farm?
8. What was a big threat to the vineyard owners in the Santa Clara Valley?
9. What did Laura take time to describe from the wood exhibit at the Fair, and why?
10. What was the private letter about?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)