|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Laura walking when she met some sailors?
(a) The docks.
(b) The bay liner.
(c) A pier.
(d) Telegraph Hill.
2. What was Almanzo's nick name?
3. What was the Panama Pacific International Exposition celebrating?
(a) The anniversary of a great battle.
(b) The end of a war.
(c) The completion of the Panama canal.
(d) A new treaty signed.
4. What did Laura used to do at meal times with her family?
(a) Read to them.
(b) Talk about her day.
(c) Sew for her job.
(d) Sing to them.
5. What surprised Laura about the cannery she visited with Rose?
(a) It was large.
(b) It was clean.
(c) It was small.
(d) It was filthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rose's husband's name?
2. Why were there cleats on Telegraph Hill?
3. How did Laura describe the ocean?
4. What was the occupation of most of the people in the Italian tenement?
5. What was the name of Laura's farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Laura told she would need while she was in Springfield, and what did she do about this?
2. What does Laura tell her husband to do to stay happy?
3. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
4. Where did Laura first spend a night on her trip, and why?
5. How did Laura describe her first view of the Pacific Ocean?
6. What did Laura, Rose, and Gillette do at the Sutro Estate?
7. What did Laura say she noticed about her first ferry ride?
8. What was Laura's nickname, and why?
9. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
10. What did Laura like to see while at The Bay?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)