|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea was it for Laura to come to San Francisco?
2. Why were there cleats on Telegraph Hill?
(a) To disuade horses from climbing it.
(b) To help people climb it.
(c) To mark the distance.
(d) To aid the telegraphers.
3. What was Laura most excited to see for the first time in San Francisco?
(a) A streetcar.
(b) A seagull.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) Rose's husband.
4. What was Laura's nickname?
5. Where did Rose and her husband take Laura to walk for a few miles?
(a) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(b) Trafalgar Square.
(c) Sutro Estate.
(d) Central Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura and Rose watch down at the docks?
2. What was Laura longing for after leaving the fruit cannery?
3. What was the title of Part Two of this book?
4. What was the occupation of the man who built Rose's house?
5. How did Roger Lee MacBride know Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who built Rose's house, and why was this so significant?
2. What did Laura say she noticed about her first ferry ride?
3. What did Laura write about her time in Chinatown?
4. What did Laura like to see while at The Bay?
5. How did Laura describe the Great Salt Lake?
6. Who was Ed Monroe?
7. Where did Laura first spend a night on her trip, and why?
8. How did Laura describe her first view of the Pacific Ocean?
9. What was the most interesting thing Laura encountered when she visited some farms with Gillette?
10. What did Laura, Rose, and Gillette do at the Sutro Estate?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)