|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What street did Rose live on in San Francisco?
(a) Vera Cruz Street.
(b) Varsity Street.
(c) Valiant Street.
(d) Vallejo Street.
2. What was Beachey the first man to ever do?
(a) Walk the wings of a plane.
(b) Loop the loop on a plane.
(c) Fly across the state of California.
(d) Circumnavigate the globe.
3. What job was Rose one of the first women to hold?
(a) Company executive.
(b) Newpaper editor.
(c) Real estate agent.
(d) Train conductor.
4. Who built Rose's House?
(a) Waltham Prince.
(b) Willis Polk.
(c) Walter Pert.
(d) William Park.
5. What did Niles take Laura to see?
(a) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(b) The Alcatraz Prison.
(c) The Tower of Jewels.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much would Laura be paid to write short stories?
2. What was Laura's middle name?
3. What did the sailors that Rose and Laura have as a pet?
4. What was Almanzo's nick name?
5. What hill did Rose live on in San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laura tell her husband to do to stay happy?
2. When the train was heading to Salt Lake, what did Laura say would have made her trip twice as fun?
3. What was the most interesting thing Laura encountered when she visited some farms with Gillette?
4. Why did Laura not like the Harvard lawyer on the train?
5. What did Laura, Rose, and Gillette do at the Sutro Estate?
6. Who built Rose's house, and why was this so significant?
7. What was the first letter written by Laura to and about?
8. What did Laura say about the Rocky Mountains?
9. Where did Laura first spend a night on her trip, and why?
10. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)