Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Rose educate herself?
(a) She learned from her mother.
(b) She wrote.
(c) She attended classes.
(d) She read.
2. What does the editor think was in the missing letters?
(a) Love letters.
(c) The invitation.
(d) Plans for the trip.
3. Whose idea was it for Laura to come to San Francisco?
4. What did Niles take Laura to see?
(a) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(b) The Alcatraz Prison.
(c) The Pacific Ocean.
(d) The Tower of Jewels.
5. What year did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rose and her husband take Laura to walk for a few miles?
2. What newspaper did Rose work for in California?
3. What did Laura used to do at meal times with her family?
4. What was the title of Part Two of this book?
5. Who built Rose's House?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Rose tell her father she would keep her mother away from scones for a while?
2. What was a big threat to the vineyard owners in the Santa Clara Valley?
3. What kind of farm did Gillette take Laura to, and why?
4. What did Laura like best about Berkeley?
5. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
6. What did Laura take time to describe from the wood exhibit at the Fair, and why?
7. What did Laura talk about in the letter she wrote while in Kansas City?
8. What did Laura, Rose, and Gillette do at the Sutro Estate?
9. How did Laura describe her first view of the Pacific Ocean?
10. What did Laura write about her time in Chinatown?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)