|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Rose describe the moments she spent at home with her parents?
(a) They were tiring and frustrating.
(b) They were the best of her life.
(c) They showed her what she did not want.
(d) They taught her everything.
2. Where did Rose and her husband take Laura to walk for a few miles?
(a) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(b) Trafalgar Square.
(c) Sutro Estate.
(d) Central Park.
3. What kind of food in San Francisco did Laura not like?
(b) Chinese food.
(c) Indian food.
(d) Mexican food.
4. What was Almanzo's nick name?
5. How much did Rose offer to pay for every week of Laura's visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura and Rose watch down at the docks?
2. Who built Rose's House?
3. Where was Laura when she first saw Alcatraz?
4. What was the name of Laura's settlement in Minnesota?
5. What was Ed Monroe's occupation before he met Laura?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Laura told she would need while she was in Springfield, and what did she do about this?
2. What did Laura and Rose see some sailors doing at the pier?
3. What was the first letter written by Laura to and about?
4. What did Laura, Rose, and Gillette do at the Sutro Estate?
5. What did Laura say about the Rocky Mountains?
6. What did Laura say she noticed about her first ferry ride?
7. What did Laura like to see while at The Bay?
8. Where did Laura first spend a night on her trip, and why?
9. When the train was heading to Salt Lake, what did Laura say would have made her trip twice as fun?
10. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)