|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the occupation of the man who built Rose's house?
2. Where was Laura walking when she met some sailors?
(a) A pier.
(b) The bay liner.
(c) Telegraph Hill.
(d) The docks.
3. What year did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
4. What was the name of Laura's settlement in Minnesota?
(a) Peanut Plant.
(b) Almond Place.
(c) Peacan Square.
(d) Walnut Grove.
5. What newspaper did Rose work for in California?
(a) The Bear Republic Reporter.
(b) The California Post.
(c) The San Francisco Bulletin.
(d) The Star of CA.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food in San Francisco did Laura not like?
2. Why did Laura and her husband take jobs off of their farm?
3. What did Almanzo sell?
4. How did Laura describe the ocean?
5. What could be seen from Rose's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura like to see while at The Bay?
2. What made Laura so uncomfortable on the trip?
3. Why did Laura not like the Harvard lawyer on the train?
4. When the train was heading to Salt Lake, what did Laura say would have made her trip twice as fun?
5. What was Laura told she would need while she was in Springfield, and what did she do about this?
6. What did Laura say about the Rocky Mountains?
7. What did Laura write about her time in Chinatown?
8. What did Laura, Rose, and Gillette do at the Sutro Estate?
9. What made Laura disconcerted on her trip across the desert?
10. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)