|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Almanzo give Laura a nick-name?
(a) To distinguish her from his sister named Laura.
(b) He wanted to make her feel special.
(c) Because he did not like her name.
(d) There were too many Laura's in the town.
2. What does the editor think was in the missing letters?
(a) Plans for the trip.
(c) Love letters.
(d) The invitation.
3. Where did Rose and her husband take Laura to walk for a few miles?
(a) Central Park.
(b) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(c) Trafalgar Square.
(d) Sutro Estate.
4. What was Laura's middle name?
5. What was Ed Monroe's occupation before he met Laura?
(b) Bounty hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the first letter in the book?
2. Where did Rose take Laura when she first got to San Francisco?
3. How did Laura usually feel about cities?
4. What was the title of Part Two of this book?
5. Who built Rose's House?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
2. What did Laura like to see while at The Bay?
3. How did Laura describe her first view of the Pacific Ocean?
4. What did Laura write about her time in Chinatown?
5. What was the most interesting thing Laura encountered when she visited some farms with Gillette?
6. What does Laura tell her husband to do to stay happy?
7. What did Laura say she noticed about her first ferry ride?
8. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
9. What did Laura say about the Rocky Mountains?
10. What was the first letter written by Laura to and about?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)