|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newspaper did Rose work for in California?
(a) The San Francisco Bulletin.
(b) The California Post.
(c) The Bear Republic Reporter.
(d) The Star of CA.
2. How much did Rose offer to pay for every week of Laura's visit?
3. What was Niles's occupation?
4. What attribute of San Francisco was Laura most drawn to?
(a) Its history.
(b) Its beauty.
(c) Its colors.
(d) Its people.
5. What street did Rose live on in San Francisco?
(a) Vallejo Street.
(b) Valiant Street.
(c) Vera Cruz Street.
(d) Varsity Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura call the sight that could be seen from Rose's house?
2. What did Rose say she and Laura would do when she was not working?
3. What was Almanzo's nick name?
4. Where did Rose store her mother's letters?
5. Whose idea was it for Laura to come to San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
2. How did Laura describe the Great Salt Lake?
3. What did Laura say about the Rocky Mountains?
4. What made Laura so uncomfortable on the trip?
5. What was the first letter written by Laura to and about?
6. What kind of farm did Gillette take Laura to, and why?
7. Who was Ed Monroe?
8. What did Laura talk about in the letter she wrote while in Kansas City?
9. Who built Rose's house, and why was this so significant?
10. What did Laura and Rose see some sailors doing at the pier?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)