|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Rose educate herself?
(a) She read.
(b) She wrote.
(c) She learned from her mother.
(d) She attended classes.
2. What was Laura's favorite statue in San Francisco?
(a) Kindly Indians.
(b) A great dragon.
(c) George Washington.
(d) The stone lions.
3. Whose idea was it for Laura to come to San Francisco?
4. How did Laura and Rose get to Rose's house?
(a) They hired a bugy.
(b) They took a street car.
(c) They walked.
(d) They took a cab.
5. What was the name of Laura's farm?
(a) Cedar Pass.
(b) Rocky Ridge.
(c) Happy Trails.
(d) Applewood Grove.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovered the Pacific Ocean?
2. Why did Laura say she did not take much notice of the first place Rose took her in San Francisco?
3. Which of these was not a sight to be seen from the top of Telegraph Hill?
4. What could be seen from Rose's house?
5. How did Rose describe the moments she spent at home with her parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Laura first spend a night on her trip, and why?
2. What did Laura like to see while at The Bay?
3. What kind of farm did Gillette take Laura to, and why?
4. What did Laura, Rose, and Gillette do at the Sutro Estate?
5. What did Laura write about her time in Chinatown?
6. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
7. What was the first letter written by Laura to and about?
8. What was the most interesting thing Laura encountered when she visited some farms with Gillette?
9. Who was Ed Monroe?
10. What made Laura so uncomfortable on the trip?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)