|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose idea was it for Laura to come to San Francisco?
2. What was Rose's husband's name?
3. What was Laura longing for after leaving the fruit cannery?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her farm.
(c) A warm bed.
(d) Canned fruit.
4. Why were there cleats on Telegraph Hill?
(a) To mark the distance.
(b) To help people climb it.
(c) To aid the telegraphers.
(d) To disuade horses from climbing it.
5. What was Niles's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of the man who built Rose's house?
2. Who wrote the first letter in the book?
3. What hill did Rose live on in San Francisco?
4. What did Laura and Rose watch down at the docks?
5. Why did Almanzo give Laura a nick-name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Laura include recipes at the end of this book?
2. What was the first letter written by Laura to and about?
3. What did Laura think about the Kreislers?
4. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
5. How did Rose introduce her mother to her friends, and how did Laura respond to this?
6. What was the most interesting thing Laura encountered when she visited some farms with Gillette?
7. What kind of farm did Gillette take Laura to, and why?
8. How did Laura describe the Great Salt Lake?
9. Who built Rose's house, and why was this so significant?
10. What was Laura told she would need while she was in Springfield, and what did she do about this?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)