|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was a premier feature at the Exposition?
(a) The free standing statue.
(b) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(c) The Japanese Gardens.
(d) The Tower of Jewels.
2. What attribute of San Francisco was Laura most drawn to?
(a) Its colors.
(b) Its beauty.
(c) Its history.
(d) Its people.
3. What kind of food in San Francisco did Laura not like?
(a) Indian food.
(b) Chinese food.
(d) Mexican food.
4. How did Roger Lee MacBride know Rose?
(a) He was a pupil of hers.
(b) He was her executor.
(c) He was a cousin.
(d) He was her teacher.
5. What was the occupation of most of the people in the Italian tenement?
(b) Railroad workers.
(c) Coal miners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rose and her husband take Laura to walk for a few miles?
2. What did Laura call the sight that could be seen from Rose's house?
3. How did Laura describe the ocean?
4. What was Fremont Older's occupation?
5. What was Niles's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura say she noticed about her first ferry ride?
2. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
3. What was the first letter written by Laura to and about?
4. What did Laura talk about in the letter she wrote while in Kansas City?
5. Why did Laura not like the Harvard lawyer on the train?
6. Who was Ed Monroe?
7. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
8. What did Laura, Rose, and Gillette do at the Sutro Estate?
9. When the train was heading to Salt Lake, what did Laura say would have made her trip twice as fun?
10. Where did Laura first spend a night on her trip, and why?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)