|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Laura's settlement in Minnesota?
(a) Peacan Square.
(b) Almond Place.
(c) Walnut Grove.
(d) Peanut Plant.
2. Why did Rose never go through her mother's letters?
(a) She promised she wouldn't.
(b) She was too sad.
(c) She was too busy.
(d) She didn't know where they were.
3. What was the name of Laura's farm?
(a) Rocky Ridge.
(b) Applewood Grove.
(c) Happy Trails.
(d) Cedar Pass.
4. What did Rose say she and Laura would do when she was not working?
(b) Be together.
(d) Catch up.
5. How did Laura feel about San Francisco?
(a) She hated it.
(b) She was afraid of it.
(c) She loved it.
(d) She found it interesting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
2. What was Laura's middle name?
3. What hill did Rose live on in San Francisco?
4. What kind of food in San Francisco did Laura not like?
5. What surprised Laura about the cannery she visited with Rose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kreisler say about the treatment of soldiers in his unit?
2. What was the private letter about?
3. What did Laura like to see while at The Bay?
4. How did Laura describe the Great Salt Lake?
5. What did Laura say she noticed about her first ferry ride?
6. Where did Laura get the inspiration for the appendix of this book?
7. What made Laura so uncomfortable on the trip?
8. When the train was heading to Salt Lake, what did Laura say would have made her trip twice as fun?
9. What happened to make Rose afraid for her mother's safety?
10. Who did Laura get the chance to meet shortly before coming home?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)