|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Laura call the sight that could be seen from Rose's house?
(a) A piece of Eden.
(b) A fairy land.
(c) A monument.
(d) A blessing and curse.
2. How did Roger Lee MacBride know Rose?
(a) He was her executor.
(b) He was her teacher.
(c) He was a pupil of hers.
(d) He was a cousin.
3. What was Beachey the first man to ever do?
(a) Circumnavigate the globe.
(b) Fly across the state of California.
(c) Loop the loop on a plane.
(d) Walk the wings of a plane.
4. How much did Rose offer to pay for every week of Laura's visit?
5. What job was Rose one of the first women to hold?
(a) Newpaper editor.
(b) Company executive.
(c) Real estate agent.
(d) Train conductor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much would Laura be paid to write short stories?
2. What was the occupation of most of the people in the Italian tenement?
3. Where did Rose store her mother's letters?
4. What street did Rose live on in San Francisco?
5. How did Laura usually feel about cities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the most interesting thing Laura encountered when she visited some farms with Gillette?
2. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
3. What kind of farm did Gillette take Laura to, and why?
4. What was Laura's nickname, and why?
5. What does Laura tell her husband to do to stay happy?
6. When the train was heading to Salt Lake, what did Laura say would have made her trip twice as fun?
7. What did Laura and Rose see some sailors doing at the pier?
8. What did Laura say she noticed about her first ferry ride?
9. What did Laura talk about in the letter she wrote while in Kansas City?
10. What was Laura told she would need while she was in Springfield, and what did she do about this?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)