|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprised Laura about the cannery she visited with Rose?
(a) It was filthy.
(b) It was small.
(c) It was large.
(d) It was clean.
2. Where did Rose take Laura when she first got to San Francisco?
(a) The ferry.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Her house.
(d) Her office.
3. What was happening in San Francisco at the same time as the Panama Pacific International Exposition?
(a) The World Fair.
(b) The Exploration of the Pacific.
(c) The Presidential Campaign.
(d) The American Mexican War.
4. How did Rose educate herself?
(a) She wrote.
(b) She read.
(c) She learned from her mother.
(d) She attended classes.
5. What did Laura call the sight that could be seen from Rose's house?
(a) A piece of Eden.
(b) A fairy land.
(c) A monument.
(d) A blessing and curse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Laura's favorite statue in San Francisco?
2. What does the editor think was in the missing letters?
3. What newspaper did Rose work for in California?
4. How old was Laura when she got married?
5. Why did Almanzo give Laura a nick-name?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the train was heading to Salt Lake, what did Laura say would have made her trip twice as fun?
2. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
3. What made Laura disconcerted on her trip across the desert?
4. Who built Rose's house, and why was this so significant?
5. How did Laura describe the Great Salt Lake?
6. What does Laura tell her husband to do to stay happy?
7. What was Laura told she would need while she was in Springfield, and what did she do about this?
8. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
9. What made Laura so uncomfortable on the trip?
10. What did Laura and Rose see some sailors doing at the pier?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)