|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rose and her husband take Laura to walk for a few miles?
(a) Trafalgar Square.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Sutro Estate.
(d) The Golden Gate Bridge.
2. What was Laura's middle name?
3. What was Rose's married name?
4. How did Rose educate herself?
(a) She read.
(b) She wrote.
(c) She attended classes.
(d) She learned from her mother.
5. When was this book edited?
Short Answer Questions
1. What hill did Rose live on in San Francisco?
2. Who built Rose's House?
3. How old was Laura when she got married?
4. How much would Laura be paid to write short stories?
5. What was Rose's husband's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura say she noticed about her first ferry ride?
2. What was Laura told she would need while she was in Springfield, and what did she do about this?
3. When the train was heading to Salt Lake, what did Laura say would have made her trip twice as fun?
4. Where did Laura first spend a night on her trip, and why?
5. How did Laura describe her first view of the Pacific Ocean?
6. What made Laura so uncomfortable on the trip?
7. What did Laura and Rose see some sailors doing at the pier?
8. What was the first letter written by Laura to and about?
9. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
10. What was the most interesting thing Laura encountered when she visited some farms with Gillette?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)