|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Laura call the sight that could be seen from Rose's house?
(a) A fairy land.
(b) A blessing and curse.
(c) A monument.
(d) A piece of Eden.
2. What was Rose's married name?
3. What did Laura and Rose watch down at the docks?
(a) The waves.
(b) The seals.
(c) The birds.
(d) The fisherman.
4. How much would Laura be paid to write short stories?
(a) $50 for well received articles.
(b) $50 a month.
(c) $50 a week.
(d) $50 a story.
5. What did Laura used to do at meal times with her family?
(a) Sing to them.
(b) Sew for her job.
(c) Read to them.
(d) Talk about her day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
2. What was the Panama Pacific International Exposition celebrating?
3. How did Laura usually feel about cities?
4. Which of these was not a sight to be seen from the top of Telegraph Hill?
5. What was Rose's husband's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura, Rose, and Gillette do at the Sutro Estate?
2. What was Laura's nickname, and why?
3. What did Laura like to see while at The Bay?
4. Where did Laura first spend a night on her trip, and why?
5. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
6. How did Laura describe the Great Salt Lake?
7. What did Laura say about the Rocky Mountains?
8. What did Laura write about her time in Chinatown?
9. What was the most interesting thing Laura encountered when she visited some farms with Gillette?
10. What made Laura disconcerted on her trip across the desert?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)