|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Laura feel about Telegraph Hill?
(a) She hated it.
(b) She was scared of it.
(c) She was amazed by it.
(d) She was confused by it.
2. What could be seen from Rose's house?
(a) The factory.
(b) The bridge.
(c) The Bay.
(d) The gardens.
3. Why did Almanzo give Laura a nick-name?
(a) To distinguish her from his sister named Laura.
(b) He wanted to make her feel special.
(c) There were too many Laura's in the town.
(d) Because he did not like her name.
4. Why did Rose never go through her mother's letters?
(a) She was too busy.
(b) She promised she wouldn't.
(c) She was too sad.
(d) She didn't know where they were.
5. How old was Laura when she got married?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Fremont Older's occupation?
2. Which of the following was a premier feature at the Exposition?
3. What was Rose's husband's name?
4. Why were there cleats on Telegraph Hill?
5. What did Laura used to do at meal times with her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura say she noticed about her first ferry ride?
2. Where did Laura first spend a night on her trip, and why?
3. When the train was heading to Salt Lake, what did Laura say would have made her trip twice as fun?
4. What did Laura say about the Rocky Mountains?
5. What was the most interesting thing Laura encountered when she visited some farms with Gillette?
6. What does Laura tell her husband to do to stay happy?
7. What did Laura write about her time in Chinatown?
8. Who built Rose's house, and why was this so significant?
9. What was Laura's nickname, and why?
10. How did Laura describe the Great Salt Lake?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)