|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ship did the sailors that Laura and Rose saw sail on?
(a) A research ship.
(b) A fisher ship.
(c) A navigational ship.
(d) A battleship.
2. What was Laura most excited to see for the first time in San Francisco?
(a) A seagull.
(b) A streetcar.
(c) Rose's husband.
(d) The Pacific Ocean.
3. What was Fremont Older's occupation?
(a) Real Estate Agent.
4. Who built Rose's House?
(a) Willis Polk.
(b) William Park.
(c) Walter Pert.
(d) Waltham Prince.
5. Where did Rose and her husband take Laura to walk for a few miles?
(a) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(b) Trafalgar Square.
(c) Central Park.
(d) Sutro Estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Rose offer to pay for every week of Laura's visit?
2. What street did Rose live on in San Francisco?
3. What did Laura used to do at meal times with her family?
4. What did Almanzo sell?
5. What did the sailors that Rose and Laura have as a pet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura say about the Rocky Mountains?
2. What made Laura so uncomfortable on the trip?
3. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
4. Where did Laura first spend a night on her trip, and why?
5. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
6. What was the most interesting thing Laura encountered when she visited some farms with Gillette?
7. What made Laura disconcerted on her trip across the desert?
8. What did Laura, Rose, and Gillette do at the Sutro Estate?
9. What was the first letter written by Laura to and about?
10. How did Laura describe her first view of the Pacific Ocean?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)