|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovered the Pacific Ocean?
2. What surprised Laura about the cannery she visited with Rose?
(a) It was small.
(b) It was clean.
(c) It was filthy.
(d) It was large.
3. Where did Rose store her mother's letters?
(a) A box.
(b) A barrell.
(c) A chest.
(d) An envelope.
4. How much did Rose offer to pay for every week of Laura's visit?
5. Why were there cleats on Telegraph Hill?
(a) To mark the distance.
(b) To aid the telegraphers.
(c) To help people climb it.
(d) To disuade horses from climbing it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the sailors that Rose and Laura have as a pet?
2. What was the name of Laura's settlement in Minnesota?
3. Why did Rose never go through her mother's letters?
4. What kind of ship did the sailors that Laura and Rose saw sail on?
5. How did Laura feel about San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Ed Monroe?
2. Where did Laura first spend a night on her trip, and why?
3. What was Laura's nickname, and why?
4. What did Laura write about her time in Chinatown?
5. How did Laura describe her first view of the Pacific Ocean?
6. What did Laura say was her main reason for taking the trip to San Francsico?
7. What did Laura say about her life after seeing how hard Rose worked at her own job?
8. What did Laura say she noticed about her first ferry ride?
9. What was a big threat to the vineyard owners in the Santa Clara Valley?
10. What did Laura and Rose see some sailors doing at the pier?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)