|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Fremont Older's occupation?
(d) Real Estate Agent.
2. Why did Rose never go through her mother's letters?
(a) She promised she wouldn't.
(b) She was too busy.
(c) She didn't know where they were.
(d) She was too sad.
3. What job was Rose one of the first women to hold?
(a) Train conductor.
(b) Company executive.
(c) Real estate agent.
(d) Newpaper editor.
4. What was Laura's favorite statue in San Francisco?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Kindly Indians.
(c) The stone lions.
(d) A great dragon.
5. What was the occupation of most of the people in the Italian tenement?
(b) Coal miners.
(d) Railroad workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Laura walking when she met some sailors?
2. How did Rose educate herself?
3. How did Laura feel about San Francisco?
4. Who was the first person Rose wrote a biography for?
5. What could be seen from Rose's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
2. What made Laura so uncomfortable on the trip?
3. Where did Laura first spend a night on her trip, and why?
4. How did Laura describe her first view of the Pacific Ocean?
5. What did Laura write about her time in Chinatown?
6. What did Laura like to see while at The Bay?
7. What did Laura and Rose see some sailors doing at the pier?
8. Why did Laura not like the Harvard lawyer on the train?
9. What did Laura talk about in the letter she wrote while in Kansas City?
10. What kind of farm did Gillette take Laura to, and why?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)