|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attribute of San Francisco was Laura most drawn to?
(a) Its colors.
(b) Its beauty.
(c) Its history.
(d) Its people.
2. Where did Rose and her husband take Laura to walk for a few miles?
(a) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(b) Central Park.
(c) Trafalgar Square.
(d) Sutro Estate.
3. What was Ed Monroe's occupation before he met Laura?
(c) Bounty hunter.
4. Where was Laura walking when she met some sailors?
(a) Telegraph Hill.
(b) A pier.
(c) The docks.
(d) The bay liner.
5. What could be seen from Rose's house?
(a) The Bay.
(b) The bridge.
(c) The factory.
(d) The gardens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rose's husband's name?
2. What street did Rose live on in San Francisco?
3. How did Laura feel about San Francisco?
4. Who built Rose's House?
5. What was the title of Part Two of this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura say she noticed about her first ferry ride?
2. Why did Laura not like the Harvard lawyer on the train?
3. What did Laura and Rose see some sailors doing at the pier?
4. What did Laura, Rose, and Gillette do at the Sutro Estate?
5. Where did Laura first spend a night on her trip, and why?
6. What did Laura say about the Rocky Mountains?
7. How did Laura describe her first view of the Pacific Ocean?
8. Who built Rose's house, and why was this so significant?
9. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
10. What was Laura told she would need while she was in Springfield, and what did she do about this?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)