|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could be seen from Rose's house?
(a) The gardens.
(b) The Bay.
(c) The bridge.
(d) The factory.
2. What year did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
3. Which of these was not an island that fascinated Laura while touring the Bay?
4. What was Almanzo's nick name?
5. Where did Rose take Laura when she first got to San Francisco?
(a) Her office.
(b) The ferry.
(c) Her house.
(d) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ed Monroe's occupation before he met Laura?
2. What was the Panama Pacific International Exposition celebrating?
3. Where did Rose and her husband take Laura to walk for a few miles?
4. What was Fremont Older's occupation?
5. What was Rose's married name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Laura told she would need while she was in Springfield, and what did she do about this?
2. What was the first letter written by Laura to and about?
3. When the train was heading to Salt Lake, what did Laura say would have made her trip twice as fun?
4. What was Laura's nickname, and why?
5. How did Laura describe the Great Salt Lake?
6. What does Laura tell her husband to do to stay happy?
7. How did Laura describe her first view of the Pacific Ocean?
8. Why did Laura not like the Harvard lawyer on the train?
9. Who built Rose's house, and why was this so significant?
10. What did Laura like to see while at The Bay?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)