|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Laura's nickname?
2. Why did Rose never go through her mother's letters?
(a) She was too sad.
(b) She promised she wouldn't.
(c) She was too busy.
(d) She didn't know where they were.
3. What did the sailors that Rose and Laura have as a pet?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A goat.
(d) A pony.
4. What was the name of Laura's farm?
(a) Happy Trails.
(b) Applewood Grove.
(c) Rocky Ridge.
(d) Cedar Pass.
5. What season did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was happening in San Francisco at the same time as the Panama Pacific International Exposition?
2. Who wrote the first letter in the book?
3. Who discovered the Pacific Ocean?
4. What was Laura's favorite statue in San Francisco?
5. Where did Rose take Laura when she first got to San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Laura write about her time in Chinatown?
2. What does Laura tell her husband to do to stay happy?
3. What was the most interesting thing Laura encountered when she visited some farms with Gillette?
4. Who built Rose's house, and why was this so significant?
5. Why did Laura not like the Harvard lawyer on the train?
6. What made Laura so uncomfortable on the trip?
7. What was the first letter written by Laura to and about?
8. What did Laura talk about in the letter she wrote while in Kansas City?
9. What did Laura say about the Rocky Mountains?
10. What was Laura's nickname, and why?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)