|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
2. Why did Rose never go through her mother's letters?
(a) She was too sad.
(b) She promised she wouldn't.
(c) She didn't know where they were.
(d) She was too busy.
3. Why were there cleats on Telegraph Hill?
(a) To disuade horses from climbing it.
(b) To help people climb it.
(c) To aid the telegraphers.
(d) To mark the distance.
4. What was Rose's husband's name?
5. Whose idea was it for Laura to come to San Francisco?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job was Rose one of the first women to hold?
2. What was Laura's nickname?
3. What was the title of Part Two of this book?
4. What was Almanzo's nick name?
5. Which of the following was a premier feature at the Exposition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Niles do for a living, and what did he take Laura to see?
2. Who built Rose's house, and why was this so significant?
3. How did Laura feel after her visit to a fruit cannery, and why?
4. What did Laura say about the Rocky Mountains?
5. What did Laura and Rose see some sailors doing at the pier?
6. Where did Laura first spend a night on her trip, and why?
7. What was Laura's nickname, and why?
8. What did Laura talk about in the letter she wrote while in Kansas City?
9. What does Laura tell her husband to do to stay happy?
10. What did Laura write about her time in Chinatown?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)