|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company owned the milk condensery that Laura toured?
2. What did Laura do after seeing the Exposition?
(a) Wrote notes about it in a notebook.
(b) Bought a souvenier poster of it.
(c) Wrote a detailed letter about it.
(d) Sent a telegram to Manly.
3. What powered the Keen Kutter exhibit?
(b) Manual motors.
(c) Water power.
4. Why did people think Pelkie disappeared?
(a) He was deported.
(b) He was evicted.
(c) He was kidnapped.
(d) He was a spy.
5. What kind of arrangement did Bess know her husband would like to see?
(c) Lumber yards.
6. Where did Rose usually work from?
(a) Her editor's house.
(b) Her home.
(c) Her editor's office.
(d) Her office.
7. How much did the man's hat on the street car move as he chewed after the Exposition?
(a) 3 inches.
(b) 4 inches.
(c) 1 inch.
(d) 2 inches.
8. What did Bess like to watch while on Telegraph Hill?
(a) The boats.
(b) The birds.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The traffic.
9. Where did Laura later publish her description of the Exposition?
(a) The Missouri Ruralist.
(b) The Rocky Ridge Paper.
(c) The Daily Missourian.
(d) The De Smet Post.
10. What was in the footnote of the letter about Pelkie?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He was not really German.
(c) He was an American spy, not German.
(d) He was not a spy.
11. How many films did Rose take Laura to see?
12. Where could the large mast on an island off of San Francisco reach?
13. What was the man on the street car chewing after the Exposition?
(a) Rubber bands.
(b) Chewing tobacco.
(c) Chewing gum.
(d) Beef Jerky.
14. What did Gillette blame the lack of newspaper jobs on?
(a) The Depression.
(b) The War.
(c) The Prohibition.
(d) The Fair.
15. What would Almanzo have to do if Laura decided to stay as long as Rose asked?
(a) Prepare the farm for winter.
(b) Bring in the harvest alone.
(c) Buy the next season's crop seeds.
(d) Teach some of Laura's fall classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the musician Rose wrote about sending all of his money to support?
2. Where did Rose hope her parents would like living?
3. What did Gillette focus on while there were no newspaper jobs?
4. What kind of cows did Laura like seeing at the fair?
5. What did Laura not like about the film about Germans?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)