|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the musician Rose wrote about sending all of his money to support?
(a) His little sister's family.
(b) European artists.
(c) Wounded soldiers.
(d) Aremenian orphanages.
2. What did Laura compare the place Rose wanted her to live to?
3. What did Bess work on while visiting her daughter?
4. Why did Laura not spend much time at the Belgian exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) She did not like it.
(b) She started feeling sick.
(c) It was too expensive.
(d) There was not time.
5. What was in the footnote of the letter about Pelkie?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He was not really German.
(c) He was not a spy.
(d) He was an American spy, not German.
6. How did Rose know Pelkie?
(a) They were neighbors.
(b) They worked together.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They went to church together.
7. Where was the musician Rose wrote about from?
8. How many people did the largest theater in the U.S. hold at the time of this book?
9. What was the biggest dog in the show Laura saw with Rose?
(a) An English Bulldog.
(b) An Austrailian Shepherd.
(c) A Siberian Husky.
(d) An Irish Wolf Hound.
10. Who owed Rose a significant amount of money?
(a) Her publishers.
(b) The real estate company.
(c) Her lawyer.
(d) The newspaper.
11. What would Almanzo have to do if Laura decided to stay as long as Rose asked?
(a) Buy the next season's crop seeds.
(b) Prepare the farm for winter.
(c) Bring in the harvest alone.
(d) Teach some of Laura's fall classes.
12. How much money did Rose make weekly?
13. Who took Laura to The Presidio?
14. What powered the Keen Kutter exhibit?
(a) Manual motors.
(c) Water power.
15. What did Laura say all men have a fondness for?
(c) Soft breezes.
(d) Green things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Laura's favorite exhibit at the Exposition?
2. How many children had the musician Rose wrote about adopted?
3. What branch of the military was Gillette's friend in?
4. What was The Presidio?
5. How did Rose's editor feel about her story about the musician?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)