|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was stolen from Laura's farm while she was gone?
2. How much money did Rose make weekly?
3. What did Gillette blame the lack of newspaper jobs on?
(a) The Depression.
(b) The War.
(c) The Prohibition.
(d) The Fair.
4. What was in the footnote of the letter about Pelkie?
(a) He was not really German.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He was an American spy, not German.
(d) He was not a spy.
5. What island had a large mast on it?
(a) Alcatraz Island.
(b) Goat Island.
(c) Angel Island.
(d) Boarder Island.
6. What did Laura not like about the film about Germans?
(a) The boredom.
(b) The brutality.
(c) The broadness.
(d) The brevity.
7. What was Rose writing about when she visited the Exposition?
(a) International relations.
(c) The railroad.
(d) The War.
8. Where was the musician Rose wrote about from?
9. What did Laura write about Manly purchasing?
10. What crop was at risk if Laura stayed as long as Rose asked?
(a) The wheat crop.
(b) The apple crop.
(c) The potato crop.
(d) The barley crop.
11. What was Laura able to tour at The Presidio?
(a) A battleship.
(b) A graveyard.
(c) A factory.
(d) A vineyard.
12. How much did Laura say the trip back to Missouri would cost?
13. Who owed Rose a significant amount of money?
(a) Her lawyer.
(b) Her publishers.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The real estate company.
14. How did Rose's editor feel about her story about the musician?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He was bored by it.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He was offended by it.
15. Why did Laura not spend much time at the Belgian exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) She did not like it.
(b) She started feeling sick.
(c) It was too expensive.
(d) There was not time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura compare the man chewing on the street car to?
2. What did Laura do after seeing the Exposition?
3. What was Pelkie's occupation?
4. Who took Laura to The Presidio?
5. How much did the man's hat on the street car move as he chewed after the Exposition?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)