|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Laura able to tour at The Presidio?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A vineyard.
(c) A factory.
(d) A battleship.
2. What kind of arrangement did Bess know her husband would like to see?
(b) Lumber yards.
3. Who helped Bess with what she was working on while visiting her daughter?
4. What inspired the thing that Laura sent Manly from Rose?
(a) The Exposition.
(b) The water.
(c) The Fair.
(d) The fog.
5. Where was the Keen Kutter exhibit placed?
(a) Near a waterfall.
(b) Close to the food stands.
(c) By the entrance.
(d) Under a bridge.
6. Where did Laura later publish her description of the Exposition?
(a) The De Smet Post.
(b) The Missouri Ruralist.
(c) The Daily Missourian.
(d) The Rocky Ridge Paper.
7. How many films did Rose take Laura to see?
8. What was Pelkie's occupation?
9. What would Almanzo have to do if Laura decided to stay as long as Rose asked?
(a) Bring in the harvest alone.
(b) Prepare the farm for winter.
(c) Teach some of Laura's fall classes.
(d) Buy the next season's crop seeds.
10. What powered the Keen Kutter exhibit?
(a) Water power.
(d) Manual motors.
11. What crop was at risk if Laura stayed as long as Rose asked?
(a) The potato crop.
(b) The apple crop.
(c) The barley crop.
(d) The wheat crop.
12. What kind of cows did Laura like seeing at the fair?
(a) Carnation milk cows.
(b) Black Angus cows.
(c) Jersey cows.
(d) Steinmen Cheese cows.
13. What did Laura compare the man chewing on the street car to?
(a) An electric motor.
(b) A bobbing duck.
(c) A butter churner.
(d) A machine cog.
14. How much money did Rose make weekly?
15. What was sold at the Keen Kutter exhibit?
(a) Hunting weapons.
(d) Book ends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much was Rose giving Laura each week in return for help on her writing?
2. What did Gillette focus on while there were no newspaper jobs?
3. What was the musician Rose wrote about sending all of his money to support?
4. What was stolen from Laura's farm while she was gone?
5. What was Rose writing about when she visited the Exposition?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)