|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did people think Pelkie disappeared?
(a) He was deported.
(b) He was kidnapped.
(c) He was a spy.
(d) He was evicted.
2. What was the name of the farmhand helping Manly?
(a) Mr. Mill.
(b) Mr. Nall.
(c) Mr. Mall.
(d) Mr. Null.
3. How did Rose's editor feel about her story about the musician?
(a) He was offended by it.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He was bored by it.
(d) He loved it.
4. Who owed Rose a significant amount of money?
(a) The real estate company.
(b) Her lawyer.
(c) Her publishers.
(d) The newspaper.
5. What did Laura write her account of the milk condensery on?
(a) A book cover.
(b) A scrap sheet of paper.
(c) A letter.
(d) A postcard.
6. What inspired the thing that Laura sent Manly from Rose?
(a) The Fair.
(b) The Exposition.
(c) The fog.
(d) The water.
7. Why did Laura spend most of her time at the Exposition with Gillette?
(a) Rose was working.
(b) Rose was sick.
(c) Gillette was excited.
(d) They couldn't afford three tickets.
8. What did Laura not like about the film about Germans?
(a) The brutality.
(b) The brevity.
(c) The broadness.
(d) The boredom.
9. Where was the Keen Kutter exhibit placed?
(a) Close to the food stands.
(b) Near a waterfall.
(c) By the entrance.
(d) Under a bridge.
10. How much was each gold piece given to Laura in San Francisco worth?
11. What about Pelkie was never explained, according to the footnote?
(a) His allegiance.
(b) His disappearance.
(c) His artistic ability.
(d) His intrigue.
12. What was in the footnote of the letter about Pelkie?
(a) He was an American spy, not German.
(b) He was not a spy.
(c) He was arrested.
(d) He was not really German.
13. What powered the Keen Kutter exhibit?
(a) Water power.
(b) Manual motors.
14. What did Gillette focus on while there were no newspaper jobs?
(a) Horse tracks.
(b) Real estate.
(c) His novel.
(d) The Exposition.
15. What was stolen from Laura's farm while she was gone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura do after seeing the Exposition?
2. What was the biggest dog in the show Laura saw with Rose?
3. How many people did the largest theater in the U.S. hold at the time of this book?
4. Why did Laura not spend much time at the Belgian exhibit at the Exposition?
5. How much did Laura say the trip back to Missouri would cost?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)