|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the biggest dog in the show Laura saw with Rose?
(a) An English Bulldog.
(b) An Irish Wolf Hound.
(c) A Siberian Husky.
(d) An Austrailian Shepherd.
2. What about Pelkie was never explained, according to the footnote?
(a) His artistic ability.
(b) His allegiance.
(c) His intrigue.
(d) His disappearance.
3. What powered the Keen Kutter exhibit?
(a) Manual motors.
(b) Water power.
4. What did Gillette focus on while there were no newspaper jobs?
(a) His novel.
(b) The Exposition.
(c) Horse tracks.
(d) Real estate.
5. Where did Rose hope her parents would like living?
(a) San Rosa Valley.
(b) Santa Clara Valley.
(c) Napa Valley.
(d) Mill Valley.
6. How much was Rose giving Laura each week in return for help on her writing?
7. Where did Rose usually work from?
(a) Her office.
(b) Her editor's office.
(c) Her editor's house.
(d) Her home.
8. Where could the large mast on an island off of San Francisco reach?
9. What was The Presidio?
(a) An Indian tribe.
(b) An Army reservation.
(c) A migrant village.
(d) A plantation.
10. What was Pelkie's first name?
11. What did Laura compare the place Rose wanted her to live to?
12. What would Almanzo have to do if Laura decided to stay as long as Rose asked?
(a) Buy the next season's crop seeds.
(b) Prepare the farm for winter.
(c) Teach some of Laura's fall classes.
(d) Bring in the harvest alone.
13. How did Rose know Pelkie?
(a) They went to church together.
(b) They were neighbors.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They worked together.
14. How much money did Rose make weekly?
15. What was Pelkie's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What show did Laura go see with Rose at the Fair?
2. What was the musician Rose wrote about sending all of his money to support?
3. What animal at the exhibit did Laura call ugly but interesting?
4. Why did Laura not write about everything she saw at the fair?
5. Where was Pelkie from?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)