|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the large mast on an island for?
(a) A telegraph station.
(b) A warning light.
(c) A news transmission.
(d) A wireless station.
2. What did Laura do after seeing the Exposition?
(a) Sent a telegram to Manly.
(b) Bought a souvenier poster of it.
(c) Wrote a detailed letter about it.
(d) Wrote notes about it in a notebook.
3. Who owed Rose a significant amount of money?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) Her lawyer.
(c) The real estate company.
(d) Her publishers.
4. What would Almanzo have to do if Laura decided to stay as long as Rose asked?
(a) Bring in the harvest alone.
(b) Buy the next season's crop seeds.
(c) Prepare the farm for winter.
(d) Teach some of Laura's fall classes.
5. Where did Rose usually work from?
(a) Her home.
(b) Her editor's house.
(c) Her editor's office.
(d) Her office.
6. What did Laura send literature about to Manly about after her visit to the fair?
(a) Self pasteurizers.
(b) Egg laying techniques.
(c) Automatic milking machines.
(d) Chicken coops.
7. What was Pelkie's first name?
8. What was Laura able to tour at The Presidio?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A vineyard.
(c) A battleship.
(d) A factory.
9. What was the musician Rose wrote about sending all of his money to support?
(a) European artists.
(b) Aremenian orphanages.
(c) Wounded soldiers.
(d) His little sister's family.
10. How did Laura feel about the condensation process?
(a) It was disgusting.
(b) It was fascinating.
(c) It was unexpected.
(d) It was boring.
11. What did Berta do for Laura?
(a) Illustrated her stories.
(b) Entertained her when Rose was busy.
(c) Taught her to make sourdough.
(d) Took her on tours.
12. What was Laura's favorite exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) The Indian exhibit.
(b) The China exhibit.
(c) The Egyptian exhibit.
(d) The Austrailia exhibit.
13. Where did Laura later publish her description of the Exposition?
(a) The Daily Missourian.
(b) The De Smet Post.
(c) The Missouri Ruralist.
(d) The Rocky Ridge Paper.
14. Which of the following was not a place where Gillette was considering taking a job?
(a) Kansas City.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) De Smet.
(d) St. Louis.
15. What animal at the exhibit did Laura call ugly but interesting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of arrangement did Bess know her husband would like to see?
2. How many people did the largest theater in the U.S. hold at the time of this book?
3. What island had a large mast on it?
4. How much did the man's hat on the street car move as he chewed after the Exposition?
5. Where did Rose hope her parents would like living?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)