|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Pelkie was never explained, according to the footnote?
(a) His disappearance.
(b) His allegiance.
(c) His artistic ability.
(d) His intrigue.
2. What did Laura do after seeing the Exposition?
(a) Wrote notes about it in a notebook.
(b) Wrote a detailed letter about it.
(c) Sent a telegram to Manly.
(d) Bought a souvenier poster of it.
3. What was Laura able to tour at The Presidio?
(a) A factory.
(b) A vineyard.
(c) A battleship.
(d) A graveyard.
4. What was the man on the street car chewing after the Exposition?
(a) Beef Jerky.
(b) Chewing gum.
(c) Rubber bands.
(d) Chewing tobacco.
5. What kind of arrangement did Bess know her husband would like to see?
(d) Lumber yards.
6. What was sold at the Keen Kutter exhibit?
(a) Book ends.
(c) Hunting weapons.
7. What did Laura send from Rose for Manly to read?
(a) A biogrpahy.
(b) A book.
(c) A pamphlet.
(d) A story.
8. How did Rose know Pelkie?
(a) They were neighbors.
(b) They went to school together.
(c) They worked together.
(d) They went to church together.
9. What did Laura write her account of the milk condensery on?
(a) A postcard.
(b) A book cover.
(c) A scrap sheet of paper.
(d) A letter.
10. What crop was at risk if Laura stayed as long as Rose asked?
(a) The apple crop.
(b) The wheat crop.
(c) The potato crop.
(d) The barley crop.
11. How much did Laura say the trip back to Missouri would cost?
12. Why did Laura not spend much time at the Belgian exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) She did not like it.
(b) There was not time.
(c) She started feeling sick.
(d) It was too expensive.
13. How did Laura feel about the Charlie Chaplin film she saw?
(a) It was horrid.
(b) It was funny.
(c) It was offensive.
(d) It was confusing.
14. Who owed Rose a significant amount of money?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) Her lawyer.
(c) The real estate company.
(d) Her publishers.
15. How did Laura feel about the condensation process?
(a) It was disgusting.
(b) It was fascinating.
(c) It was unexpected.
(d) It was boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Laura not write about everything she saw at the fair?
2. What was stolen from Laura's farm while she was gone?
3. What kind of musician was Rose assigned to write about?
4. Where was Pelkie from?
5. Who helped Bess with what she was working on while visiting her daughter?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)