|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the man on the street car chewing after the Exposition?
(a) Rubber bands.
(b) Chewing gum.
(c) Beef Jerky.
(d) Chewing tobacco.
2. Who owed Rose a significant amount of money?
(a) The real estate company.
(b) Her publishers.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) Her lawyer.
3. Why was the musician Rose wrote about discharged from the Army?
(a) He was deported.
(b) He was wounded.
(c) He misbehaved.
(d) He was released due to talent.
4. What kind of cows did Laura like seeing at the fair?
(a) Carnation milk cows.
(b) Steinmen Cheese cows.
(c) Black Angus cows.
(d) Jersey cows.
5. Why did Laura not spend much time at the Belgian exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) She did not like it.
(b) It was too expensive.
(c) There was not time.
(d) She started feeling sick.
6. When did Laura's train ticket expire?
(a) October 15.
(b) November 5.
(c) November 15.
(d) October 25.
7. Where did Rose hope her parents would like living?
(a) Mill Valley.
(b) Napa Valley.
(c) Santa Clara Valley.
(d) San Rosa Valley.
8. What inspired the thing that Laura sent Manly from Rose?
(a) The Exposition.
(b) The Fair.
(c) The fog.
(d) The water.
9. What was sold at the Keen Kutter exhibit?
(a) Hunting weapons.
(b) Book ends.
10. Which of the following was not a place where Gillette was considering taking a job?
(a) De Smet.
(b) St. Louis.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Kansas City.
11. What did Gillette focus on while there were no newspaper jobs?
(a) Real estate.
(b) His novel.
(c) Horse tracks.
(d) The Exposition.
12. What animal at the exhibit did Laura call ugly but interesting?
13. Why did people think Pelkie disappeared?
(a) He was evicted.
(b) He was kidnapped.
(c) He was a spy.
(d) He was deported.
14. How much was Rose giving Laura each week in return for help on her writing?
15. What did Laura do after seeing the Exposition?
(a) Bought a souvenier poster of it.
(b) Wrote a detailed letter about it.
(c) Sent a telegram to Manly.
(d) Wrote notes about it in a notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura say all men have a fondness for?
2. What show did Laura go see with Rose at the Fair?
3. What did Bess like to watch while on Telegraph Hill?
4. How much was each gold piece given to Laura in San Francisco worth?
5. What did Bess work on while visiting her daughter?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)