|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Laura say the trip back to Missouri would cost?
2. Why did Laura not write about everything she saw at the fair?
(a) There was too much.
(b) She did not like a lot of what she saw.
(c) She is too tired.
(d) There is not enough paper.
3. Who owed Rose a significant amount of money?
(a) The real estate company.
(b) Her lawyer.
(c) Her publishers.
(d) The newspaper.
4. What would Almanzo have to do if Laura decided to stay as long as Rose asked?
(a) Buy the next season's crop seeds.
(b) Bring in the harvest alone.
(c) Teach some of Laura's fall classes.
(d) Prepare the farm for winter.
5. Why did Laura not spend much time at the Belgian exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) It was too expensive.
(b) There was not time.
(c) She did not like it.
(d) She started feeling sick.
6. What kind of cows did Laura like seeing at the fair?
(a) Black Angus cows.
(b) Steinmen Cheese cows.
(c) Carnation milk cows.
(d) Jersey cows.
7. What kind of arrangement did Bess know her husband would like to see?
(b) Lumber yards.
8. What inspired the thing that Laura sent Manly from Rose?
(a) The fog.
(b) The Fair.
(c) The water.
(d) The Exposition.
9. What animal at the exhibit did Laura call ugly but interesting?
10. Who took Laura to The Presidio?
11. What did Laura not like about the valley Rose wanted her to move to?
(a) The humidity.
(b) The smell.
(c) The insects.
(d) The heat.
12. What island had a large mast on it?
(a) Angel Island.
(b) Alcatraz Island.
(c) Boarder Island.
(d) Goat Island.
13. What show did Laura go see with Rose at the Fair?
(a) Dogs of all Nations.
(b) Animal Kingdom.
(c) Dogs Great and Small.
(d) Exoctic Creatures.
14. Who helped Bess with what she was working on while visiting her daughter?
15. Where was Pelkie from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura say all men have a fondness for?
2. What was Laura's favorite exhibit at the Exposition?
3. Which of the following was not a place where Gillette was considering taking a job?
4. What about Pelkie was never explained, according to the footnote?
5. What company owned the milk condensery that Laura toured?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)