|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where could the large mast on an island off of San Francisco reach?
2. What about Pelkie was never explained, according to the footnote?
(a) His artistic ability.
(b) His intrigue.
(c) His disappearance.
(d) His allegiance.
3. Who took Laura to The Presidio?
4. How much did the man's hat on the street car move as he chewed after the Exposition?
(a) 1 inch.
(b) 2 inches.
(c) 4 inches.
(d) 3 inches.
5. What animal at the exhibit did Laura call ugly but interesting?
6. What did Bess like to watch while on Telegraph Hill?
(a) The traffic.
(b) The birds.
(c) The boats.
(d) The clouds.
7. What was the large mast on an island for?
(a) A telegraph station.
(b) A wireless station.
(c) A warning light.
(d) A news transmission.
8. What branch of the military was Gillette's friend in?
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Army.
9. How much did Laura say the trip back to Missouri would cost?
10. What did Laura not like about the film about Germans?
(a) The boredom.
(b) The brevity.
(c) The broadness.
(d) The brutality.
11. How much was Rose giving Laura each week in return for help on her writing?
12. What crop was at risk if Laura stayed as long as Rose asked?
(a) The apple crop.
(b) The wheat crop.
(c) The potato crop.
(d) The barley crop.
13. Where did Rose usually work from?
(a) Her editor's house.
(b) Her office.
(c) Her editor's office.
(d) Her home.
14. What did Laura not like about the valley Rose wanted her to move to?
(a) The smell.
(b) The heat.
(c) The insects.
(d) The humidity.
15. Where was the Keen Kutter exhibit placed?
(a) Near a waterfall.
(b) By the entrance.
(c) Under a bridge.
(d) Close to the food stands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Pelkie's first name?
2. Why did Laura not spend much time at the Belgian exhibit at the Exposition?
3. What did Laura compare the place Rose wanted her to live to?
4. Why did people think Pelkie disappeared?
5. How did Laura feel about the condensation process?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)