|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was Rose giving Laura each week in return for help on her writing?
2. What kind of arrangement did Bess know her husband would like to see?
(c) Lumber yards.
3. What was the large mast on an island for?
(a) A wireless station.
(b) A telegraph station.
(c) A news transmission.
(d) A warning light.
4. How did Laura feel about the condensation process?
(a) It was boring.
(b) It was fascinating.
(c) It was unexpected.
(d) It was disgusting.
5. What branch of the military was Gillette's friend in?
(a) The Navy.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Marines.
(d) The Air Force.
6. Who took Laura to The Presidio?
7. What was The Presidio?
(a) An Indian tribe.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A migrant village.
(d) An Army reservation.
8. What animal at the exhibit did Laura call ugly but interesting?
9. How much was each gold piece given to Laura in San Francisco worth?
10. Where was Pelkie from?
11. What did Laura compare the man chewing on the street car to?
(a) A machine cog.
(b) A bobbing duck.
(c) A butter churner.
(d) An electric motor.
12. Where was the Keen Kutter exhibit placed?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) Near a waterfall.
(c) By the entrance.
(d) Close to the food stands.
13. What did Laura send from Rose for Manly to read?
(a) A biogrpahy.
(b) A book.
(c) A pamphlet.
(d) A story.
14. What did Laura write about Manly purchasing?
15. What did Laura do after seeing the Exposition?
(a) Wrote a detailed letter about it.
(b) Sent a telegram to Manly.
(c) Wrote notes about it in a notebook.
(d) Bought a souvenier poster of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Berta do for Laura?
2. How did Rose's editor feel about her story about the musician?
3. What did Gillette blame the lack of newspaper jobs on?
4. Where was the musician Rose wrote about from?
5. How many people did the largest theater in the U.S. hold at the time of this book?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)