|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was each gold piece given to Laura in San Francisco worth?
2. What inspired the thing that Laura sent Manly from Rose?
(a) The Fair.
(b) The Exposition.
(c) The water.
(d) The fog.
3. What was stolen from Laura's farm while she was gone?
4. What kind of cows did Laura like seeing at the fair?
(a) Steinmen Cheese cows.
(b) Carnation milk cows.
(c) Jersey cows.
(d) Black Angus cows.
5. What was Laura's favorite exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) The Austrailia exhibit.
(b) The Indian exhibit.
(c) The Egyptian exhibit.
(d) The China exhibit.
6. How much was Rose giving Laura each week in return for help on her writing?
7. What kind of arrangement did Bess know her husband would like to see?
(b) Lumber yards.
8. What was the musician Rose wrote about sending all of his money to support?
(a) Wounded soldiers.
(b) His little sister's family.
(c) European artists.
(d) Aremenian orphanages.
9. What did Laura send literature about to Manly about after her visit to the fair?
(a) Egg laying techniques.
(b) Self pasteurizers.
(c) Automatic milking machines.
(d) Chicken coops.
10. Where did Rose hope her parents would like living?
(a) Napa Valley.
(b) San Rosa Valley.
(c) Mill Valley.
(d) Santa Clara Valley.
11. What was the name of the farmhand helping Manly?
(a) Mr. Mill.
(b) Mr. Nall.
(c) Mr. Null.
(d) Mr. Mall.
12. How much did Laura say the trip back to Missouri would cost?
13. What was in the footnote of the letter about Pelkie?
(a) He was not really German.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He was an American spy, not German.
(d) He was not a spy.
14. What did Berta do for Laura?
(a) Taught her to make sourdough.
(b) Took her on tours.
(c) Entertained her when Rose was busy.
(d) Illustrated her stories.
15. What was Laura able to tour at The Presidio?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A vineyard.
(c) A factory.
(d) A battleship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the people at The Presidio live in?
2. What did Bess like to watch while on Telegraph Hill?
3. What was the biggest dog in the show Laura saw with Rose?
4. What did Laura compare the place Rose wanted her to live to?
5. What did Laura compare the man chewing on the street car to?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)