|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Keen Kutter exhibit placed?
(a) Close to the food stands.
(b) Under a bridge.
(c) By the entrance.
(d) Near a waterfall.
2. What branch of the military was Gillette's friend in?
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Air Force.
(d) The Navy.
3. What did Laura send literature about to Manly about after her visit to the fair?
(a) Egg laying techniques.
(b) Chicken coops.
(c) Self pasteurizers.
(d) Automatic milking machines.
4. How much did Laura say the trip back to Missouri would cost?
5. What did Bess like to watch while on Telegraph Hill?
(a) The traffic.
(b) The clouds.
(c) The boats.
(d) The birds.
6. What did Bess work on while visiting her daughter?
7. What was Laura's favorite exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) The China exhibit.
(b) The Indian exhibit.
(c) The Egyptian exhibit.
(d) The Austrailia exhibit.
8. What did Laura say all men have a fondness for?
(a) Soft breezes.
(d) Green things.
9. How many films did Rose take Laura to see?
10. What animal at the exhibit did Laura call ugly but interesting?
11. What island had a large mast on it?
(a) Goat Island.
(b) Angel Island.
(c) Boarder Island.
(d) Alcatraz Island.
12. Why did people think Pelkie disappeared?
(a) He was kidnapped.
(b) He was a spy.
(c) He was deported.
(d) He was evicted.
13. What kind of cows did Laura like seeing at the fair?
(a) Black Angus cows.
(b) Steinmen Cheese cows.
(c) Carnation milk cows.
(d) Jersey cows.
14. What was The Presidio?
(a) A migrant village.
(b) An Indian tribe.
(c) An Army reservation.
(d) A plantation.
15. Where was the musician Rose wrote about from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the man on the street car chewing after the Exposition?
2. Why did Laura spend most of her time at the Exposition with Gillette?
3. What was Rose writing about when she visited the Exposition?
4. Where did Rose hope her parents would like living?
5. What about Pelkie was never explained, according to the footnote?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)