|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owed Rose a significant amount of money?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) Her publishers.
(c) Her lawyer.
(d) The real estate company.
2. What did Laura compare the man chewing on the street car to?
(a) An electric motor.
(b) A bobbing duck.
(c) A butter churner.
(d) A machine cog.
3. What was the man on the street car chewing after the Exposition?
(a) Beef Jerky.
(b) Chewing tobacco.
(c) Chewing gum.
(d) Rubber bands.
4. What island had a large mast on it?
(a) Angel Island.
(b) Goat Island.
(c) Alcatraz Island.
(d) Boarder Island.
5. What was the musician Rose wrote about sending all of his money to support?
(a) Aremenian orphanages.
(b) Wounded soldiers.
(c) European artists.
(d) His little sister's family.
6. How much was each gold piece given to Laura in San Francisco worth?
7. What about Pelkie was never explained, according to the footnote?
(a) His disappearance.
(b) His artistic ability.
(c) His intrigue.
(d) His allegiance.
8. What did Bess work on while visiting her daughter?
9. What inspired the thing that Laura sent Manly from Rose?
(a) The Exposition.
(b) The water.
(c) The fog.
(d) The Fair.
10. What kind of musician was Rose assigned to write about?
(a) A violinist.
(b) An organist.
(c) A flautist.
(d) A trumpeter.
11. When did Laura's train ticket expire?
(a) November 5.
(b) October 15.
(c) October 25.
(d) November 15.
12. What company owned the milk condensery that Laura toured?
13. What kind of arrangement did Bess know her husband would like to see?
(a) Lumber yards.
14. What did Berta do for Laura?
(a) Illustrated her stories.
(b) Took her on tours.
(c) Entertained her when Rose was busy.
(d) Taught her to make sourdough.
15. What was Laura able to tour at The Presidio?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A factory.
(c) A battleship.
(d) A vineyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the man's hat on the street car move as he chewed after the Exposition?
2. How much did Laura say the trip back to Missouri would cost?
3. What was in the footnote of the letter about Pelkie?
4. What was the biggest dog in the show Laura saw with Rose?
5. Why did Laura not spend much time at the Belgian exhibit at the Exposition?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)