|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Laura spend most of her time at the Exposition with Gillette?
(a) Rose was working.
(b) Rose was sick.
(c) They couldn't afford three tickets.
(d) Gillette was excited.
2. What kind of cows did Laura like seeing at the fair?
(a) Steinmen Cheese cows.
(b) Black Angus cows.
(c) Jersey cows.
(d) Carnation milk cows.
3. What island had a large mast on it?
(a) Angel Island.
(b) Alcatraz Island.
(c) Boarder Island.
(d) Goat Island.
4. Where was the musician Rose wrote about from?
5. Where could the large mast on an island off of San Francisco reach?
6. What did Laura not like about the film about Germans?
(a) The broadness.
(b) The brutality.
(c) The boredom.
(d) The brevity.
7. How much was Rose giving Laura each week in return for help on her writing?
8. What was Pelkie's occupation?
9. What about Pelkie was never explained, according to the footnote?
(a) His allegiance.
(b) His disappearance.
(c) His intrigue.
(d) His artistic ability.
10. What was the musician Rose wrote about sending all of his money to support?
(a) Wounded soldiers.
(b) His little sister's family.
(c) European artists.
(d) Aremenian orphanages.
11. What kind of musician was Rose assigned to write about?
(a) A trumpeter.
(b) A violinist.
(c) A flautist.
(d) An organist.
12. What was stolen from Laura's farm while she was gone?
13. What did the people at The Presidio live in?
14. What kind of arrangement did Bess know her husband would like to see?
(a) Lumber yards.
15. How much did Laura say the trip back to Missouri would cost?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Gillette blame the lack of newspaper jobs on?
2. How much was each gold piece given to Laura in San Francisco worth?
3. Who took Laura to The Presidio?
4. What was the name of the farmhand helping Manly?
5. Where did Rose usually work from?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)