|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the biggest dog in the show Laura saw with Rose?
(a) An English Bulldog.
(b) A Siberian Husky.
(c) An Austrailian Shepherd.
(d) An Irish Wolf Hound.
2. What did Laura compare the place Rose wanted her to live to?
3. How did Laura feel about the Charlie Chaplin film she saw?
(a) It was horrid.
(b) It was confusing.
(c) It was offensive.
(d) It was funny.
4. Who owed Rose a significant amount of money?
(a) Her lawyer.
(b) Her publishers.
(c) The real estate company.
(d) The newspaper.
5. Why was the musician Rose wrote about discharged from the Army?
(a) He was released due to talent.
(b) He was wounded.
(c) He was deported.
(d) He misbehaved.
6. What was stolen from Laura's farm while she was gone?
7. What did Bess work on while visiting her daughter?
8. Where was the musician Rose wrote about from?
9. What did Laura write her account of the milk condensery on?
(a) A letter.
(b) A book cover.
(c) A postcard.
(d) A scrap sheet of paper.
10. What was Pelkie's occupation?
11. What was the musician Rose wrote about sending all of his money to support?
(a) European artists.
(b) Wounded soldiers.
(c) His little sister's family.
(d) Aremenian orphanages.
12. What did Gillette blame the lack of newspaper jobs on?
(a) The Depression.
(b) The War.
(c) The Prohibition.
(d) The Fair.
13. What did Berta do for Laura?
(a) Taught her to make sourdough.
(b) Entertained her when Rose was busy.
(c) Illustrated her stories.
(d) Took her on tours.
14. How much did the man's hat on the street car move as he chewed after the Exposition?
(a) 2 inches.
(b) 1 inch.
(c) 3 inches.
(d) 4 inches.
15. What did Laura do after seeing the Exposition?
(a) Wrote a detailed letter about it.
(b) Sent a telegram to Manly.
(c) Bought a souvenier poster of it.
(d) Wrote notes about it in a notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Rose's editor feel about her story about the musician?
2. Where did Rose hope her parents would like living?
3. What was Laura able to tour at The Presidio?
4. Who helped Bess with what she was working on while visiting her daughter?
5. Where did Rose usually work from?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)