|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rose writing about when she visited the Exposition?
(a) The War.
(b) The railroad.
(c) International relations.
2. Why did people think Pelkie disappeared?
(a) He was kidnapped.
(b) He was deported.
(c) He was evicted.
(d) He was a spy.
3. What did Laura compare the place Rose wanted her to live to?
4. What island had a large mast on it?
(a) Boarder Island.
(b) Alcatraz Island.
(c) Angel Island.
(d) Goat Island.
5. Where did Laura later publish her description of the Exposition?
(a) The Rocky Ridge Paper.
(b) The Missouri Ruralist.
(c) The Daily Missourian.
(d) The De Smet Post.
6. What did Laura not like about the film about Germans?
(a) The broadness.
(b) The brutality.
(c) The brevity.
(d) The boredom.
7. What was Pelkie's first name?
8. Where did Rose hope her parents would like living?
(a) San Rosa Valley.
(b) Santa Clara Valley.
(c) Napa Valley.
(d) Mill Valley.
9. How did Laura feel about the Charlie Chaplin film she saw?
(a) It was horrid.
(b) It was offensive.
(c) It was funny.
(d) It was confusing.
10. What did the people at The Presidio live in?
11. What was in the footnote of the letter about Pelkie?
(a) He was an American spy, not German.
(b) He was not really German.
(c) He was arrested.
(d) He was not a spy.
12. Who took Laura to The Presidio?
13. What did Gillette focus on while there were no newspaper jobs?
(a) The Exposition.
(b) Real estate.
(c) His novel.
(d) Horse tracks.
14. What was Laura's favorite exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) The Indian exhibit.
(b) The China exhibit.
(c) The Egyptian exhibit.
(d) The Austrailia exhibit.
15. What was the name of the farmhand helping Manly?
(a) Mr. Mill.
(b) Mr. Mall.
(c) Mr. Nall.
(d) Mr. Null.
Short Answer Questions
1. What inspired the thing that Laura sent Manly from Rose?
2. What did Laura write about Manly purchasing?
3. What did Bess work on while visiting her daughter?
4. What kind of arrangement did Bess know her husband would like to see?
5. Why was the musician Rose wrote about discharged from the Army?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)