|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Almanzo have to do if Laura decided to stay as long as Rose asked?
(a) Prepare the farm for winter.
(b) Bring in the harvest alone.
(c) Buy the next season's crop seeds.
(d) Teach some of Laura's fall classes.
2. How many films did Rose take Laura to see?
3. What was Pelkie's occupation?
4. What inspired the thing that Laura sent Manly from Rose?
(a) The fog.
(b) The Exposition.
(c) The water.
(d) The Fair.
5. What was in the footnote of the letter about Pelkie?
(a) He was an American spy, not German.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He was not a spy.
(d) He was not really German.
6. What did Laura write about Manly purchasing?
7. What was the man on the street car chewing after the Exposition?
(a) Beef Jerky.
(b) Chewing tobacco.
(c) Chewing gum.
(d) Rubber bands.
8. What did Laura not like about the film about Germans?
(a) The brutality.
(b) The boredom.
(c) The broadness.
(d) The brevity.
9. Who took Laura to The Presidio?
10. How did Rose's editor feel about her story about the musician?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He hated it.
(c) He was bored by it.
(d) He was offended by it.
11. What did Gillette blame the lack of newspaper jobs on?
(a) The Prohibition.
(b) The Depression.
(c) The Fair.
(d) The War.
12. What did Laura do after seeing the Exposition?
(a) Bought a souvenier poster of it.
(b) Wrote a detailed letter about it.
(c) Sent a telegram to Manly.
(d) Wrote notes about it in a notebook.
13. What was Rose writing about when she visited the Exposition?
(a) International relations.
(c) The railroad.
(d) The War.
14. What powered the Keen Kutter exhibit?
(a) Water power.
(d) Manual motors.
15. What did Berta do for Laura?
(a) Entertained her when Rose was busy.
(b) Taught her to make sourdough.
(c) Took her on tours.
(d) Illustrated her stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was stolen from Laura's farm while she was gone?
2. What island had a large mast on it?
3. Where did Rose usually work from?
4. What was the name of the farmhand helping Manly?
5. What did Bess work on while visiting her daughter?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)