|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the biggest dog in the show Laura saw with Rose?
(a) An English Bulldog.
(b) A Siberian Husky.
(c) An Irish Wolf Hound.
(d) An Austrailian Shepherd.
2. Why did people think Pelkie disappeared?
(a) He was a spy.
(b) He was kidnapped.
(c) He was evicted.
(d) He was deported.
3. What was Pelkie's occupation?
4. How did Rose know Pelkie?
(a) They worked together.
(b) They went to church together.
(c) They were neighbors.
(d) They went to school together.
5. What branch of the military was Gillette's friend in?
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Air Force.
6. What did Laura send from Rose for Manly to read?
(a) A book.
(b) A story.
(c) A biogrpahy.
(d) A pamphlet.
7. How much did the man's hat on the street car move as he chewed after the Exposition?
(a) 3 inches.
(b) 2 inches.
(c) 4 inches.
(d) 1 inch.
8. What did Laura not like about the film about Germans?
(a) The broadness.
(b) The brevity.
(c) The brutality.
(d) The boredom.
9. Where was Pelkie from?
10. What did Laura say all men have a fondness for?
(a) Green things.
(b) Soft breezes.
11. What was Laura able to tour at The Presidio?
(a) A graveyard.
(b) A vineyard.
(c) A battleship.
(d) A factory.
12. Which of the following was not a place where Gillette was considering taking a job?
(a) De Smet.
(b) Kansas City.
(c) St. Louis.
(d) San Francisco.
13. What did the people at The Presidio live in?
14. Who owed Rose a significant amount of money?
(a) Her publishers.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The real estate company.
(d) Her lawyer.
15. What show did Laura go see with Rose at the Fair?
(a) Dogs Great and Small.
(b) Exoctic Creatures.
(c) Animal Kingdom.
(d) Dogs of all Nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura do after seeing the Exposition?
2. Why was the musician Rose wrote about discharged from the Army?
3. What was stolen from Laura's farm while she was gone?
4. What kind of musician was Rose assigned to write about?
5. What would Almanzo have to do if Laura decided to stay as long as Rose asked?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)