|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was each gold piece given to Laura in San Francisco worth?
2. How did Laura feel about the condensation process?
(a) It was unexpected.
(b) It was boring.
(c) It was disgusting.
(d) It was fascinating.
3. What kind of musician was Rose assigned to write about?
(a) A flautist.
(b) A violinist.
(c) A trumpeter.
(d) An organist.
4. What did Laura write about Manly purchasing?
5. What was the biggest dog in the show Laura saw with Rose?
(a) A Siberian Husky.
(b) An Irish Wolf Hound.
(c) An English Bulldog.
(d) An Austrailian Shepherd.
6. What was the name of the farmhand helping Manly?
(a) Mr. Mall.
(b) Mr. Mill.
(c) Mr. Nall.
(d) Mr. Null.
7. What did the people at The Presidio live in?
8. Why did Laura spend most of her time at the Exposition with Gillette?
(a) They couldn't afford three tickets.
(b) Rose was sick.
(c) Rose was working.
(d) Gillette was excited.
9. How much was Rose giving Laura each week in return for help on her writing?
10. What company owned the milk condensery that Laura toured?
11. Where was Pelkie from?
12. What did Gillette focus on while there were no newspaper jobs?
(a) His novel.
(b) Horse tracks.
(c) Real estate.
(d) The Exposition.
13. Where did Rose hope her parents would like living?
(a) Mill Valley.
(b) Santa Clara Valley.
(c) Napa Valley.
(d) San Rosa Valley.
14. What was Laura's favorite exhibit at the Exposition?
(a) The Austrailia exhibit.
(b) The Indian exhibit.
(c) The China exhibit.
(d) The Egyptian exhibit.
15. What was the large mast on an island for?
(a) A wireless station.
(b) A warning light.
(c) A news transmission.
(d) A telegraph station.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children had the musician Rose wrote about adopted?
2. How many films did Rose take Laura to see?
3. What did Bess work on while visiting her daughter?
4. Where was the musician Rose wrote about from?
5. How much did Laura say the trip back to Missouri would cost?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)