|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where could the large mast on an island off of San Francisco reach?
2. What crop was at risk if Laura stayed as long as Rose asked?
(a) The wheat crop.
(b) The barley crop.
(c) The apple crop.
(d) The potato crop.
3. What did Laura compare the man chewing on the street car to?
(a) A machine cog.
(b) An electric motor.
(c) A bobbing duck.
(d) A butter churner.
4. How did Rose know Pelkie?
(a) They were neighbors.
(b) They went to church together.
(c) They worked together.
(d) They went to school together.
5. What did Laura send literature about to Manly about after her visit to the fair?
(a) Automatic milking machines.
(b) Self pasteurizers.
(c) Chicken coops.
(d) Egg laying techniques.
6. How much money did Rose make weekly?
7. What was Pelkie's first name?
8. What did Laura write about Manly purchasing?
9. What was in the footnote of the letter about Pelkie?
(a) He was not really German.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He was not a spy.
(d) He was an American spy, not German.
10. What was sold at the Keen Kutter exhibit?
(a) Hunting weapons.
(c) Book ends.
11. What did Berta do for Laura?
(a) Took her on tours.
(b) Entertained her when Rose was busy.
(c) Taught her to make sourdough.
(d) Illustrated her stories.
12. What kind of cows did Laura like seeing at the fair?
(a) Jersey cows.
(b) Carnation milk cows.
(c) Black Angus cows.
(d) Steinmen Cheese cows.
13. How many children had the musician Rose wrote about adopted?
14. What did Laura not like about the film about Germans?
(a) The brevity.
(b) The broadness.
(c) The boredom.
(d) The brutality.
15. What kind of musician was Rose assigned to write about?
(a) A violinist.
(b) A trumpeter.
(c) An organist.
(d) A flautist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Laura write her account of the milk condensery on?
2. Why did Laura not write about everything she saw at the fair?
3. How many films did Rose take Laura to see?
4. What did Bess like to watch while on Telegraph Hill?
5. What was Rose writing about when she visited the Exposition?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)