|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rose never go through her mother's letters?
(a) She promised she wouldn't.
(b) She was too busy.
(c) She was too sad.
(d) She didn't know where they were.
2. Why did Laura say she did not take much notice of the first place Rose took her in San Francisco?
(a) She was too tired.
(b) She was talking to Rose.
(c) It was dark.
(d) There was too much to see.
3. What kind of ship did the sailors that Laura and Rose saw sail on?
(a) A navigational ship.
(b) A battleship.
(c) A fisher ship.
(d) A research ship.
4. When was this book edited?
5. What did Rose say she and Laura would do when she was not working?
(b) Catch up.
(d) Be together.
6. Why did Almanzo give Laura a nick-name?
(a) Because he did not like her name.
(b) There were too many Laura's in the town.
(c) To distinguish her from his sister named Laura.
(d) He wanted to make her feel special.
7. How did Rose educate herself?
(a) She read.
(b) She wrote.
(c) She attended classes.
(d) She learned from her mother.
8. How much did Rose offer to pay for every week of Laura's visit?
9. What does the editor think was in the missing letters?
(a) The invitation.
(c) Love letters.
(d) Plans for the trip.
10. Who discovered the Pacific Ocean?
11. What kind of food in San Francisco did Laura not like?
(a) Chinese food.
(b) Mexican food.
(d) Indian food.
12. What was Fremont Older's occupation?
(d) Real Estate Agent.
13. What was Rose's married name?
14. What was the occupation of the man who built Rose's house?
15. Where was Laura when she first saw Alcatraz?
(a) The bay liner.
(b) The docks.
(c) The street car.
(d) Telegraph Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Laura longing for after leaving the fruit cannery?
2. Where did Rose take Laura when she first got to San Francisco?
3. What season did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
4. What was Laura's middle name?
5. What did Almanzo sell?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)