|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Laura when she got married?
2. How much would Laura be paid to write short stories?
(a) $50 a month.
(b) $50 a week.
(c) $50 a story.
(d) $50 for well received articles.
3. What was Laura most excited to see for the first time in San Francisco?
(a) The Pacific Ocean.
(b) A seagull.
(c) Rose's husband.
(d) A streetcar.
4. What year did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
5. What does the editor think was in the missing letters?
(b) Plans for the trip.
(c) Love letters.
(d) The invitation.
6. What was Ed Monroe's occupation before he met Laura?
(a) Bounty hunter.
7. Whose idea was it for Laura to come to San Francisco?
8. Where did Rose take Laura when she first got to San Francisco?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) Her house.
(c) Her office.
(d) The ferry.
9. What was the title of Part Two of this book?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) The First Leg.
(d) Off the Train.
10. What job was Rose one of the first women to hold?
(a) Train conductor.
(b) Company executive.
(c) Newpaper editor.
(d) Real estate agent.
11. Where did Rose store her mother's letters?
(a) A barrell.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A chest.
(d) A box.
12. What surprised Laura about the cannery she visited with Rose?
(a) It was large.
(b) It was filthy.
(c) It was clean.
(d) It was small.
13. Which of these was not an island that fascinated Laura while touring the Bay?
14. Which of these was not a sight to be seen from the top of Telegraph Hill?
(a) The state capital.
(b) The Bay.
15. What was Almanzo's nick name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Laura's farm?
2. What did Laura and Rose watch down at the docks?
3. Why did Rose never go through her mother's letters?
4. Who discovered the Pacific Ocean?
5. What hill did Rose live on in San Francisco?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)