|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Laura's settlement in Minnesota?
(a) Almond Place.
(b) Peanut Plant.
(c) Peacan Square.
(d) Walnut Grove.
2. Where was Laura when she first saw Alcatraz?
(a) Telegraph Hill.
(b) The docks.
(c) The bay liner.
(d) The street car.
3. How did Laura feel about Telegraph Hill?
(a) She was scared of it.
(b) She was confused by it.
(c) She was amazed by it.
(d) She hated it.
4. Why did Laura say she did not take much notice of the first place Rose took her in San Francisco?
(a) She was too tired.
(b) It was dark.
(c) She was talking to Rose.
(d) There was too much to see.
5. How old was Rose when Laura came to visit her?
6. What was Laura longing for after leaving the fruit cannery?
(a) A warm bed.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her farm.
(d) Canned fruit.
7. How did Rose describe the moments she spent at home with her parents?
(a) They showed her what she did not want.
(b) They were tiring and frustrating.
(c) They taught her everything.
(d) They were the best of her life.
8. What was an ear spoon used for?
(a) To clean bowls.
(b) To examine skulls.
(c) To clean ears.
(d) To hear better.
9. What did Roger decide to do when he found Laura's letters?
(a) Give them to Rose.
(b) Publish them in a newspaper.
(c) Put them in a book.
(d) Read them to his daughter.
10. Whose idea was it for Laura to come to San Francisco?
11. Where did Rose store her mother's letters?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A barrell.
(c) A chest.
(d) A box.
12. What was Niles's occupation?
13. Why were there cleats on Telegraph Hill?
(a) To disuade horses from climbing it.
(b) To aid the telegraphers.
(c) To help people climb it.
(d) To mark the distance.
14. What was Laura's favorite statue in San Francisco?
(a) George Washington.
(b) The stone lions.
(c) Kindly Indians.
(d) A great dragon.
15. What was the title of Part Two of this book?
(a) The First Leg.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Off the Train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food in San Francisco did Laura not like?
2. Who discovered the Pacific Ocean?
3. How did Laura and Rose get to Rose's house?
4. What job was Rose one of the first women to hold?
5. What was the Panama Pacific International Exposition celebrating?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)