|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Almanzo sell?
(c) Planting seeds.
2. How old was Laura when she got married?
3. How old was Rose when Laura came to visit her?
4. What was Laura most excited to see for the first time in San Francisco?
(a) A seagull.
(b) The Pacific Ocean.
(c) A streetcar.
(d) Rose's husband.
5. How much would Laura be paid to write short stories?
(a) $50 a story.
(b) $50 for well received articles.
(c) $50 a week.
(d) $50 a month.
6. Where was Laura walking when she met some sailors?
(a) A pier.
(b) The bay liner.
(c) Telegraph Hill.
(d) The docks.
7. What street did Rose live on in San Francisco?
(a) Vallejo Street.
(b) Varsity Street.
(c) Valiant Street.
(d) Vera Cruz Street.
8. Why were there cleats on Telegraph Hill?
(a) To mark the distance.
(b) To disuade horses from climbing it.
(c) To aid the telegraphers.
(d) To help people climb it.
9. What was Ed Monroe's occupation before he met Laura?
(a) Bounty hunter.
10. Who discovered the Pacific Ocean?
11. What was Rose's husband's name?
12. What did Rose say she and Laura would do when she was not working?
(a) Be together.
(c) Catch up.
13. Why did Almanzo give Laura a nick-name?
(a) To distinguish her from his sister named Laura.
(b) Because he did not like her name.
(c) There were too many Laura's in the town.
(d) He wanted to make her feel special.
14. What season did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
15. What was the name of Laura's settlement in Minnesota?
(a) Walnut Grove.
(b) Peacan Square.
(c) Almond Place.
(d) Peanut Plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Almanzo's nick name?
2. How did Laura and Rose get to Rose's house?
3. How did Rose describe the moments she spent at home with her parents?
4. How did Laura feel about Telegraph Hill?
5. What job was Rose one of the first women to hold?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)