|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Rose take Laura when she first got to San Francisco?
(a) Her house.
(b) Her office.
(c) The ferry.
(d) A restaurant.
2. What job was Rose one of the first women to hold?
(a) Train conductor.
(b) Newpaper editor.
(c) Real estate agent.
(d) Company executive.
3. What was Niles's occupation?
4. Which of these was not a sight to be seen from the top of Telegraph Hill?
(b) The state capital.
(c) The Bay.
5. Whose idea was it for Laura to come to San Francisco?
6. What was Ed Monroe's occupation before he met Laura?
(d) Bounty hunter.
7. What street did Rose live on in San Francisco?
(a) Vallejo Street.
(b) Varsity Street.
(c) Valiant Street.
(d) Vera Cruz Street.
8. Why did Laura and her husband take jobs off of their farm?
(a) The farming was not successful.
(b) They needed money to expand the farm.
(c) They were tired of country life.
(d) Their daughter was sick.
9. Why were there cleats on Telegraph Hill?
(a) To help people climb it.
(b) To disuade horses from climbing it.
(c) To mark the distance.
(d) To aid the telegraphers.
10. What did Niles take Laura to see?
(a) The Pacific Ocean.
(b) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(c) The Alcatraz Prison.
(d) The Tower of Jewels.
11. What newspaper did Rose work for in California?
(a) The Star of CA.
(b) The California Post.
(c) The San Francisco Bulletin.
(d) The Bear Republic Reporter.
12. What was Almanzo's nick name?
13. What was the Panama Pacific International Exposition celebrating?
(a) The completion of the Panama canal.
(b) The anniversary of a great battle.
(c) A new treaty signed.
(d) The end of a war.
14. Why did Rose never go through her mother's letters?
(a) She promised she wouldn't.
(b) She didn't know where they were.
(c) She was too sad.
(d) She was too busy.
15. What did Laura and Rose watch down at the docks?
(a) The seals.
(b) The waves.
(c) The birds.
(d) The fisherman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the title of Part Two of this book?
2. Where did Rose and her husband take Laura to walk for a few miles?
3. What does the editor think was in the missing letters?
4. Why did Almanzo give Laura a nick-name?
5. How did Laura and Rose get to Rose's house?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)