|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Roger Lee MacBride know Rose?
(a) He was a cousin.
(b) He was a pupil of hers.
(c) He was her teacher.
(d) He was her executor.
2. What was the title of Part Two of this book?
(a) Off the Train.
(b) The First Leg.
(c) San Francisco.
3. What was the Panama Pacific International Exposition celebrating?
(a) The anniversary of a great battle.
(b) A new treaty signed.
(c) The completion of the Panama canal.
(d) The end of a war.
4. When was this book edited?
5. How did Laura feel about San Francisco?
(a) She found it interesting.
(b) She hated it.
(c) She was afraid of it.
(d) She loved it.
6. How did Laura usually feel about cities?
(a) She loved them.
(b) She hated them.
(c) She found them interesting.
(d) She was scared of them.
7. Who wrote the first letter in the book?
8. What was the name of Laura's farm?
(a) Cedar Pass.
(b) Applewood Grove.
(c) Rocky Ridge.
(d) Happy Trails.
9. Which of the following was a premier feature at the Exposition?
(a) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(b) The Tower of Jewels.
(c) The Japanese Gardens.
(d) The free standing statue.
10. What was Niles's occupation?
11. What season did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
12. What did Laura and Rose watch down at the docks?
(a) The waves.
(b) The birds.
(c) The fisherman.
(d) The seals.
13. How did Rose educate herself?
(a) She read.
(b) She learned from her mother.
(c) She attended classes.
(d) She wrote.
14. What was the name of Laura's settlement in Minnesota?
(a) Peanut Plant.
(b) Peacan Square.
(c) Almond Place.
(d) Walnut Grove.
15. What was Beachey the first man to ever do?
(a) Circumnavigate the globe.
(b) Loop the loop on a plane.
(c) Fly across the state of California.
(d) Walk the wings of a plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Laura feel about Telegraph Hill?
2. Which of these was not a sight to be seen from the top of Telegraph Hill?
3. Who discovered the Pacific Ocean?
4. Where was Laura walking when she met some sailors?
5. What was Laura's favorite statue in San Francisco?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)