|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Laura feel about Telegraph Hill?
(a) She was scared of it.
(b) She was confused by it.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She was amazed by it.
2. What hill did Rose live on in San Francisco?
(a) Russian Hill.
(b) German Hill.
(c) Spanish Hill.
(d) French Hill.
3. What was an ear spoon used for?
(a) To clean bowls.
(b) To clean ears.
(c) To hear better.
(d) To examine skulls.
4. What was the occupation of most of the people in the Italian tenement?
(a) Coal miners.
(c) Railroad workers.
5. Where did Rose store her mother's letters?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A barrell.
(c) A chest.
(d) A box.
6. What was the Panama Pacific International Exposition celebrating?
(a) The completion of the Panama canal.
(b) A new treaty signed.
(c) The anniversary of a great battle.
(d) The end of a war.
7. How did Roger Lee MacBride know Rose?
(a) He was a pupil of hers.
(b) He was a cousin.
(c) He was her teacher.
(d) He was her executor.
8. Who discovered the Pacific Ocean?
9. What did Rose say she and Laura would do when she was not working?
(a) Be together.
(d) Catch up.
10. What was Almanzo's nick name?
11. What was Rose's married name?
12. What does the editor think was in the missing letters?
(b) Plans for the trip.
(c) Love letters.
(d) The invitation.
13. What was the title of Part Two of this book?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Off the Train.
(d) The First Leg.
14. What kind of ship did the sailors that Laura and Rose saw sail on?
(a) A research ship.
(b) A battleship.
(c) A fisher ship.
(d) A navigational ship.
15. What was the name of Laura's settlement in Minnesota?
(a) Almond Place.
(b) Walnut Grove.
(c) Peanut Plant.
(d) Peacan Square.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rose never go through her mother's letters?
2. What was Beachey the first man to ever do?
3. What was the occupation of the man who built Rose's house?
4. What was Laura's favorite statue in San Francisco?
5. What was the name of Laura's farm?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)