|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who built Rose's House?
(a) Walter Pert.
(b) William Park.
(c) Willis Polk.
(d) Waltham Prince.
2. What was Laura longing for after leaving the fruit cannery?
(a) Her husband.
(b) A warm bed.
(c) Canned fruit.
(d) Her farm.
3. Where was Laura when she first saw Alcatraz?
(a) Telegraph Hill.
(b) The docks.
(c) The street car.
(d) The bay liner.
4. What was the name of Laura's farm?
(a) Cedar Pass.
(b) Happy Trails.
(c) Rocky Ridge.
(d) Applewood Grove.
5. Who was the first person Rose wrote a biography for?
(a) Lincoln Beachey.
(b) Amelia Airheart.
(c) Gaywin Lane.
(d) Art Smith.
6. What was Ed Monroe's occupation before he met Laura?
(c) Bounty hunter.
7. Why did Laura say she did not take much notice of the first place Rose took her in San Francisco?
(a) It was dark.
(b) She was talking to Rose.
(c) She was too tired.
(d) There was too much to see.
8. Which of these was not a sight to be seen from the top of Telegraph Hill?
(b) The Bay.
(c) The state capital.
9. How did Laura usually feel about cities?
(a) She loved them.
(b) She was scared of them.
(c) She found them interesting.
(d) She hated them.
10. What was Rose's husband's name?
11. What was Rose's married name?
12. What was the Panama Pacific International Exposition celebrating?
(a) The anniversary of a great battle.
(b) A new treaty signed.
(c) The end of a war.
(d) The completion of the Panama canal.
13. What attribute of San Francisco was Laura most drawn to?
(a) Its history.
(b) Its people.
(c) Its colors.
(d) Its beauty.
14. Whose idea was it for Laura to come to San Francisco?
15. What was Laura's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Laura feel about Telegraph Hill?
2. What was Fremont Older's occupation?
3. What was the occupation of the man who built Rose's house?
4. What surprised Laura about the cannery she visited with Rose?
5. What was the name of Laura's settlement in Minnesota?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)