|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Laura's middle name?
2. How did Rose describe the moments she spent at home with her parents?
(a) They showed her what she did not want.
(b) They were tiring and frustrating.
(c) They taught her everything.
(d) They were the best of her life.
3. How did Laura describe the ocean?
(c) Beyond description.
4. How much would Laura be paid to write short stories?
(a) $50 for well received articles.
(b) $50 a month.
(c) $50 a week.
(d) $50 a story.
5. Which of the following was a premier feature at the Exposition?
(a) The Japanese Gardens.
(b) The Tower of Jewels.
(c) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(d) The free standing statue.
6. What was Beachey the first man to ever do?
(a) Circumnavigate the globe.
(b) Fly across the state of California.
(c) Loop the loop on a plane.
(d) Walk the wings of a plane.
7. What season did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
8. How old was Laura when she got married?
9. What was Rose's married name?
10. What did Laura call the sight that could be seen from Rose's house?
(a) A piece of Eden.
(b) A fairy land.
(c) A monument.
(d) A blessing and curse.
11. What did Almanzo sell?
(b) Planting seeds.
12. What did Rose say she and Laura would do when she was not working?
(a) Catch up.
(c) Be together.
13. How did Laura feel about Telegraph Hill?
(a) She was scared of it.
(b) She was amazed by it.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She was confused by it.
14. What was Laura longing for after leaving the fruit cannery?
(a) Canned fruit.
(b) Her farm.
(c) Her husband.
(d) A warm bed.
15. What year did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the occupation of the man who built Rose's house?
2. What was Ed Monroe's occupation before he met Laura?
3. What was Rose's husband's name?
4. How much did Rose offer to pay for every week of Laura's visit?
5. Where did Rose store her mother's letters?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)