|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Laura usually feel about cities?
(a) She loved them.
(b) She hated them.
(c) She found them interesting.
(d) She was scared of them.
2. What did the sailors that Rose and Laura have as a pet?
(a) A pony.
(b) A dog.
(c) A goat.
(d) A cat.
3. Where was Laura walking when she met some sailors?
(a) The docks.
(b) Telegraph Hill.
(c) The bay liner.
(d) A pier.
4. How did Rose educate herself?
(a) She wrote.
(b) She attended classes.
(c) She read.
(d) She learned from her mother.
5. How did Laura describe the ocean?
(b) Beyond description.
6. What hill did Rose live on in San Francisco?
(a) German Hill.
(b) French Hill.
(c) Spanish Hill.
(d) Russian Hill.
7. How did Rose describe the moments she spent at home with her parents?
(a) They showed her what she did not want.
(b) They were the best of her life.
(c) They taught her everything.
(d) They were tiring and frustrating.
8. What could be seen from Rose's house?
(a) The gardens.
(b) The bridge.
(c) The factory.
(d) The Bay.
9. What was Laura's favorite statue in San Francisco?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Kindly Indians.
(c) A great dragon.
(d) The stone lions.
10. Who built Rose's House?
(a) Willis Polk.
(b) Walter Pert.
(c) Waltham Prince.
(d) William Park.
11. What was Laura's nickname?
12. What was happening in San Francisco at the same time as the Panama Pacific International Exposition?
(a) The Presidential Campaign.
(b) The American Mexican War.
(c) The Exploration of the Pacific.
(d) The World Fair.
13. How much did Rose offer to pay for every week of Laura's visit?
14. How old was Rose when Laura came to visit her?
15. Which of these was not an island that fascinated Laura while touring the Bay?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovered the Pacific Ocean?
2. What was Laura longing for after leaving the fruit cannery?
3. What was Niles's occupation?
4. What was the name of Laura's farm?
5. How did Laura feel about Telegraph Hill?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)