|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who built Rose's House?
(a) Willis Polk.
(b) Waltham Prince.
(c) Walter Pert.
(d) William Park.
2. How old was Laura when she got married?
3. What was Rose's husband's name?
4. What was Laura longing for after leaving the fruit cannery?
(a) Canned fruit.
(b) A warm bed.
(c) Her farm.
(d) Her husband.
5. How did Laura feel about Telegraph Hill?
(a) She was scared of it.
(b) She was confused by it.
(c) She hated it.
(d) She was amazed by it.
6. Which of these was not a sight to be seen from the top of Telegraph Hill?
(c) The Bay.
(d) The state capital.
7. What did Laura used to do at meal times with her family?
(a) Sing to them.
(b) Talk about her day.
(c) Read to them.
(d) Sew for her job.
8. What newspaper did Rose work for in California?
(a) The Bear Republic Reporter.
(b) The Star of CA.
(c) The San Francisco Bulletin.
(d) The California Post.
9. What was Beachey the first man to ever do?
(a) Circumnavigate the globe.
(b) Fly across the state of California.
(c) Loop the loop on a plane.
(d) Walk the wings of a plane.
10. Where was Laura walking when she met some sailors?
(a) The docks.
(b) Telegraph Hill.
(c) The bay liner.
(d) A pier.
11. How did Rose educate herself?
(a) She wrote.
(b) She learned from her mother.
(c) She read.
(d) She attended classes.
12. What could be seen from Rose's house?
(a) The bridge.
(b) The Bay.
(c) The factory.
(d) The gardens.
13. What kind of ship did the sailors that Laura and Rose saw sail on?
(a) A navigational ship.
(b) A research ship.
(c) A fisher ship.
(d) A battleship.
14. What hill did Rose live on in San Francisco?
(a) French Hill.
(b) Spanish Hill.
(c) German Hill.
(d) Russian Hill.
15. What was Laura's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the title of Part Two of this book?
2. What does the editor think was in the missing letters?
3. What year did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
4. What was Fremont Older's occupation?
5. What was the occupation of the man who built Rose's house?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)