|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Almanzo's nick name?
2. What hill did Rose live on in San Francisco?
(a) Russian Hill.
(b) German Hill.
(c) French Hill.
(d) Spanish Hill.
3. Whose idea was it for Laura to come to San Francisco?
4. Why did Laura say she did not take much notice of the first place Rose took her in San Francisco?
(a) She was talking to Rose.
(b) It was dark.
(c) There was too much to see.
(d) She was too tired.
5. How did Roger Lee MacBride know Rose?
(a) He was her executor.
(b) He was a cousin.
(c) He was her teacher.
(d) He was a pupil of hers.
6. What was Laura's middle name?
7. What did the sailors that Rose and Laura have as a pet?
(a) A pony.
(b) A goat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
8. How much would Laura be paid to write short stories?
(a) $50 a week.
(b) $50 a month.
(c) $50 for well received articles.
(d) $50 a story.
9. What was Rose's married name?
10. What was Laura's nickname?
11. What was happening in San Francisco at the same time as the Panama Pacific International Exposition?
(a) The Exploration of the Pacific.
(b) The American Mexican War.
(c) The World Fair.
(d) The Presidential Campaign.
12. What could be seen from Rose's house?
(a) The factory.
(b) The gardens.
(c) The bridge.
(d) The Bay.
13. What season did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
14. Why did Rose never go through her mother's letters?
(a) She didn't know where they were.
(b) She was too busy.
(c) She was too sad.
(d) She promised she wouldn't.
15. What did Almanzo sell?
(b) Planting seeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Laura when she first saw Alcatraz?
2. What did Niles take Laura to see?
3. How did Laura feel about Telegraph Hill?
4. What was Laura's favorite statue in San Francisco?
5. How did Laura feel about San Francisco?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)