|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these was not a sight to be seen from the top of Telegraph Hill?
(c) The Bay.
(d) The state capital.
2. What was Laura's nickname?
3. How old was Rose when Laura came to visit her?
4. Why were there cleats on Telegraph Hill?
(a) To help people climb it.
(b) To disuade horses from climbing it.
(c) To aid the telegraphers.
(d) To mark the distance.
5. What was the occupation of most of the people in the Italian tenement?
(a) Railroad workers.
(b) Coal miners.
6. How much would Laura be paid to write short stories?
(a) $50 a month.
(b) $50 for well received articles.
(c) $50 a story.
(d) $50 a week.
7. What hill did Rose live on in San Francisco?
(a) German Hill.
(b) Russian Hill.
(c) Spanish Hill.
(d) French Hill.
8. What was the name of Laura's settlement in Minnesota?
(a) Almond Place.
(b) Peanut Plant.
(c) Peacan Square.
(d) Walnut Grove.
9. What was Laura's middle name?
10. What was Almanzo's nick name?
11. What did Laura used to do at meal times with her family?
(a) Talk about her day.
(b) Sing to them.
(c) Sew for her job.
(d) Read to them.
12. What was Rose's husband's name?
13. How did Roger Lee MacBride know Rose?
(a) He was a pupil of hers.
(b) He was a cousin.
(c) He was her executor.
(d) He was her teacher.
14. What was Niles's occupation?
15. What was an ear spoon used for?
(a) To clean ears.
(b) To hear better.
(c) To examine skulls.
(d) To clean bowls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Laura feel about Telegraph Hill?
2. What did Laura call the sight that could be seen from Rose's house?
3. How old was Laura when she got married?
4. How did Rose describe the moments she spent at home with her parents?
5. What was Ed Monroe's occupation before he met Laura?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)