|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was happening in San Francisco at the same time as the Panama Pacific International Exposition?
(a) The Presidential Campaign.
(b) The American Mexican War.
(c) The World Fair.
(d) The Exploration of the Pacific.
2. How much did Rose offer to pay for every week of Laura's visit?
3. What street did Rose live on in San Francisco?
(a) Vera Cruz Street.
(b) Varsity Street.
(c) Valiant Street.
(d) Vallejo Street.
4. Why did Laura say she did not take much notice of the first place Rose took her in San Francisco?
(a) She was too tired.
(b) It was dark.
(c) She was talking to Rose.
(d) There was too much to see.
5. How did Rose educate herself?
(a) She attended classes.
(b) She wrote.
(c) She read.
(d) She learned from her mother.
6. Which of these was not an island that fascinated Laura while touring the Bay?
7. Which of the following was a premier feature at the Exposition?
(a) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(b) The Japanese Gardens.
(c) The free standing statue.
(d) The Tower of Jewels.
8. Why did Almanzo give Laura a nick-name?
(a) There were too many Laura's in the town.
(b) To distinguish her from his sister named Laura.
(c) Because he did not like her name.
(d) He wanted to make her feel special.
9. What did Laura call the sight that could be seen from Rose's house?
(a) A fairy land.
(b) A monument.
(c) A piece of Eden.
(d) A blessing and curse.
10. What did the sailors that Rose and Laura have as a pet?
(a) A pony.
(b) A cat.
(c) A goat.
(d) A dog.
11. What was Almanzo's nick name?
12. How did Laura and Rose get to Rose's house?
(a) They walked.
(b) They hired a bugy.
(c) They took a cab.
(d) They took a street car.
13. What was the Panama Pacific International Exposition celebrating?
(a) The completion of the Panama canal.
(b) The anniversary of a great battle.
(c) A new treaty signed.
(d) The end of a war.
14. What could be seen from Rose's house?
(a) The Bay.
(b) The factory.
(c) The gardens.
(d) The bridge.
15. What was Laura's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person Rose wrote a biography for?
2. What was the occupation of most of the people in the Italian tenement?
3. What did Niles take Laura to see?
4. What did Laura used to do at meal times with her family?
5. How did Laura usually feel about cities?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)