|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Laura when she first saw Alcatraz?
(a) The bay liner.
(b) The docks.
(c) Telegraph Hill.
(d) The street car.
2. How old was Rose when Laura came to visit her?
3. What was Ed Monroe's occupation before he met Laura?
(b) Bounty hunter.
4. What did the sailors that Rose and Laura have as a pet?
(a) A cat.
(b) A goat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A pony.
5. How did Rose educate herself?
(a) She wrote.
(b) She learned from her mother.
(c) She attended classes.
(d) She read.
6. What season did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
7. Where did Rose store her mother's letters?
(a) A chest.
(b) A barrell.
(c) An envelope.
(d) A box.
8. Which of the following was a premier feature at the Exposition?
(a) The free standing statue.
(b) The Japanese Gardens.
(c) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(d) The Tower of Jewels.
9. What kind of food in San Francisco did Laura not like?
(b) Mexican food.
(c) Indian food.
(d) Chinese food.
10. Who wrote the first letter in the book?
11. How did Laura usually feel about cities?
(a) She hated them.
(b) She loved them.
(c) She found them interesting.
(d) She was scared of them.
12. What attribute of San Francisco was Laura most drawn to?
(a) Its history.
(b) Its colors.
(c) Its people.
(d) Its beauty.
13. What job was Rose one of the first women to hold?
(a) Train conductor.
(b) Newpaper editor.
(c) Real estate agent.
(d) Company executive.
14. Why did Almanzo give Laura a nick-name?
(a) Because he did not like her name.
(b) There were too many Laura's in the town.
(c) He wanted to make her feel special.
(d) To distinguish her from his sister named Laura.
15. What was an ear spoon used for?
(a) To examine skulls.
(b) To clean ears.
(c) To clean bowls.
(d) To hear better.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Laura describe the ocean?
2. What year did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
3. How did Laura and Rose get to Rose's house?
4. What hill did Rose live on in San Francisco?
5. What was the occupation of the man who built Rose's house?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)