|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Laura most excited to see for the first time in San Francisco?
(a) Rose's husband.
(b) The Pacific Ocean.
(c) A streetcar.
(d) A seagull.
2. Why did Almanzo give Laura a nick-name?
(a) There were too many Laura's in the town.
(b) To distinguish her from his sister named Laura.
(c) He wanted to make her feel special.
(d) Because he did not like her name.
3. What did Rose say she and Laura would do when she was not working?
(a) Catch up.
(b) Be together.
4. Why did Laura say she did not take much notice of the first place Rose took her in San Francisco?
(a) She was too tired.
(b) There was too much to see.
(c) It was dark.
(d) She was talking to Rose.
5. How did Laura feel about Telegraph Hill?
(a) She hated it.
(b) She was amazed by it.
(c) She was confused by it.
(d) She was scared of it.
6. What season did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
7. What hill did Rose live on in San Francisco?
(a) German Hill.
(b) French Hill.
(c) Russian Hill.
(d) Spanish Hill.
8. Where was Laura when she first saw Alcatraz?
(a) Telegraph Hill.
(b) The bay liner.
(c) The street car.
(d) The docks.
9. How old was Laura when she got married?
10. How much would Laura be paid to write short stories?
(a) $50 a month.
(b) $50 for well received articles.
(c) $50 a week.
(d) $50 a story.
11. Where was Laura walking when she met some sailors?
(a) The docks.
(b) Telegraph Hill.
(c) A pier.
(d) The bay liner.
12. How did Rose educate herself?
(a) She learned from her mother.
(b) She attended classes.
(c) She read.
(d) She wrote.
13. What did the sailors that Rose and Laura have as a pet?
(a) A pony.
(b) A goat.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
14. What was Laura's nickname?
15. What was Beachey the first man to ever do?
(a) Loop the loop on a plane.
(b) Walk the wings of a plane.
(c) Circumnavigate the globe.
(d) Fly across the state of California.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Rose when Laura came to visit her?
2. How did Laura usually feel about cities?
3. What was Rose's husband's name?
4. What could be seen from Rose's house?
5. Where did Rose and her husband take Laura to walk for a few miles?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)