Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first letter written by Laura to and about?
2. What was Laura told she would need while she was in Springfield, and what did she do about this?
3. What did Laura talk about in the letter she wrote while in Kansas City?
4. Why did Laura not like the Harvard lawyer on the train?
5. Where did Laura first spend a night on her trip, and why?
6. When the train was heading to Salt Lake, what did Laura say would have made her trip twice as fun?
7. What did Laura say about the Rocky Mountains?
8. What made Laura so uncomfortable on the trip?
9. What does Laura tell her husband to do to stay happy?
10. How did Laura describe the Great Salt Lake?
11. What made Laura disconcerted on her trip across the desert?
12. What was Laura's nickname, and why?
13. Who was Ed Monroe?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)