|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through San Francisco, Pages 23-49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Laura longing for after leaving the fruit cannery?
(a) A warm bed.
(b) Canned fruit.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her farm.
2. How much would Laura be paid to write short stories?
(a) $50 for well received articles.
(b) $50 a week.
(c) $50 a month.
(d) $50 a story.
3. What could be seen from Rose's house?
(a) The gardens.
(b) The bridge.
(c) The Bay.
(d) The factory.
4. What street did Rose live on in San Francisco?
(a) Varsity Street.
(b) Vallejo Street.
(c) Valiant Street.
(d) Vera Cruz Street.
5. Where was Laura when she first saw Alcatraz?
(a) The street car.
(b) The docks.
(c) Telegraph Hill.
(d) The bay liner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Laura feel about San Francisco?
2. What does the editor think was in the missing letters?
3. What was Almanzo's nick name?
4. Where did Rose and her husband take Laura to walk for a few miles?
5. What was the occupation of most of the people in the Italian tenement?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)