|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and On the Way, Pages 1-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Laura used to do at meal times with her family?
(a) Read to them.
(b) Talk about her day.
(c) Sew for her job.
(d) Sing to them.
2. What was happening in San Francisco at the same time as the Panama Pacific International Exposition?
(a) The World Fair.
(b) The American Mexican War.
(c) The Presidential Campaign.
(d) The Exploration of the Pacific.
3. What year did Laura take her trip to visit Rose?
4. What was Laura's middle name?
5. What newspaper did Rose work for in California?
(a) The California Post.
(b) The San Francisco Bulletin.
(c) The Star of CA.
(d) The Bear Republic Reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Laura's settlement in Minnesota?
2. Where did Rose store her mother's letters?
3. How much would Laura be paid to write short stories?
4. Whose idea was it for Laura to come to San Francisco?
5. What was Laura's nickname?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)