|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through San Francisco, Pages 23-49.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Laura's settlement in Minnesota?
(a) Almond Place.
(b) Peacan Square.
(c) Walnut Grove.
(d) Peanut Plant.
2. How did Laura usually feel about cities?
(a) She was scared of them.
(b) She hated them.
(c) She found them interesting.
(d) She loved them.
3. How did Roger Lee MacBride know Rose?
(a) He was a cousin.
(b) He was her executor.
(c) He was her teacher.
(d) He was a pupil of hers.
4. How old was Rose when Laura came to visit her?
5. How much would Laura be paid to write short stories?
(a) $50 for well received articles.
(b) $50 a month.
(c) $50 a story.
(d) $50 a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised Laura about the cannery she visited with Rose?
2. Who was the first person Rose wrote a biography for?
3. Who wrote the first letter in the book?
4. What could be seen from Rose's house?
5. Why were there cleats on Telegraph Hill?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)