Essay Topics/Writing Assignments
These 20 essay questions can be used as essay questions on a test, or as stand-alone essay topics for a take-home or in-class writing assignment. Students should have a full understanding of the text in order to answer these questions. They ask for a thorough analysis of the text.
1. How did Rose show her ambitious spirit, and what did her parents think of this?
2. How did Gillette deal with his finances, and how did this affect his standing with his family members?
3. What were some of the main changes Laura noted in her letters while traveling West, and what made these changes so exciting to Laura?
4. Why did Laura and Rose have such a strong bond, and how did this relationship change Rose's life?
5. Many different people in this book were persuaded to do things that they would...
This section contains 506 words|
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)