* Roger MacBride gives an introduction to the book. He is the one who found and edited the letters.
* MacBride was the executor and friend of Rose, Laura's daughter. He gives a short synopsis of Laura's life and Rose's childhood.
* Laura and her husband settled in Missouri where they planted a farm. When the farm didn't bring in enough money, they went to work for an oil company.
* Rose remembers Laura reading at dinner time and says they were happy and wonderful times. Rose didn't go to college, but read voraciously.
* Rose moved to California, became one of the first female real estate agents, and got a job at a newspaper being mentored by Fremont Older.
* Rose wanted Laura to come and visit her in San Francisco when the World Fair and the Panama Pacific celebration would be happening.
* Rose offered to...
This section contains 1,468 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)